Solo The Prostitutes Apprentice

Madeira learns seduction from a woman who makes a living with it.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

The Prostitutes Apprentice

Postby Madeira Dusk on May 28th, 2019, 9:13 pm

80th of Spring, 519
The sultry glow of the red lanterns hanging outside are what gave the brothel its name, and the light did strange things to the woman who stood beneath them. It cut high across her pale cheeks like a flush of pleasure, and made a macabre sight as it glinted bloodily off the diamonds around her throat like an open wound. The light cast shadows that collected beneath the swell of her breasts and curve of her hip and made the demure white lace she wore from throat to floor into something suggestive and erotic.

Madeira scowled at the innocuous door, angry with herself for hesitating. She was a mother now, with experience in partners of both genders and a few exotic races, and even once had to deal with a ghost's sexual pursuit. She even knew physical satisfaction from the other end, having once spent two weeks as a male with all the necessary equipment. She was a woman with a lot of experience. So, why, for the love of gods, was she embarrassed to walk into a brothel?

No, this was ridiculous. She should just go home, drag Allister to bed, and petch him until the sun came up. Yes. There was no need for this bullshyke.

But just as she was about to turn away and do exactly that she forced herself to stop. Because she was wrong, there was a need for this, or she wouldn’t be here. This wasn’t about sex, this was about seduction. Something all her romantic experience still somehow left her unequipped to deal with.

She had to realize that Hurik’s attraction to her was half delusion and half desperation, with no influence on her part. Dex was just nursing a little crush until she accidentally stabbed him with a fencing sword. Daniel had fallen in puppy love with her only because she was the only female within a thousand kilometres at the time, and Allister still killed him for it. Ssanya had been her friend for years before either of them had the balls to admit it was something more. And even with Allister it was a year into their bond before anything physical happened, and even then it could be argued that she raped him for it. Madeira was a liar, but never with herself. She had to admit she had no idea what she was doing. She could persuade a man into selling his first born son, and even get a good price for him. Yet somehow if she were to try and seduce that same man into bed instead she’d be laughed out of the room.

A season ago she could have lived with that. Would have been happy to use her verbal charms over her physical any day. But that was before she sat down with Chiona Dusk. Chiona Dusk: heir to the Dusk Tower, bachelorette of Lhavit, and secret lesbian. She was a decade older than her, beautiful and intelligent, with half a hundred suitors all clamouring for her attention. And Madeira wanted her. Not the woman herself, not really. She wanted to marry her, claim her name, and tie their families together. That woman represented wealth, power and security. She was the key to the life she wanted in Lhavit. She wanted her.

But to have her, she had to win her. That was why she was here; to learn how.

Hands curling to fists at her sides, Madeira snorted like an angry bull and opened the door.
x
Madeira Dusk
long may she reign

Words: 1599220
Joined roleplay: October 11th, 2016, 7:45 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (3)
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) Lhavit Seasonal Challenge (1)
2018 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Madeira Dusk on May 29th, 2019, 7:52 pm

Obscene decadence was splashed across every inch of the Red Lantern. Gauzy red silk hangings shimmered in a haze of incense and pipe smoke, and low burning lanterns glimmered off the opulent gilded furnishings and the bare, supple skin of the products on display. Men and women lounged in barely nothing, speaking in sweet low voices to their customers, their hands always busy about the business of pleasure. In a corner lounge a band played, their fingers dancing expertly across their instruments in a way that was almost sensual.

Madeira swallowed nosily. She needed a drink.

She took an immediate left and headed for the bartender, the only working man with his shirt still on, who served drinks behind a red mahogany counter. The bar was small, as it was obviously not the main attraction. Out of six stools four were taken up by an short Inarta man and the crowd that surrounded him. Madeira squeezed in beside the chattering group and leaned across the bar.

"Whiskey?"

"Wine, ale or tea, my dear."

"Wine. Red please."

The bartender nodded and surfaced with a dark green bottle and a delicate glass from under the bar. He smiled as he poured, his eyes passing over the hard set of her shoulders.

"First time, my dear?"

Madeira couldn't help but laugh. "Yes, is it quite so obvious?"

"You learn the look when you've been here as long as I have. Don't worry, just relax and enjoy yourself." He smiled indulgently as he passed the jewel red wine to her. "That's what we're here for."

As if summoned by the sound of clinking coins, the red-headed Inarta popped out of the press of people just as Madeira slid four jade across the bar for the drink.

"As it turns out, that's what I'm here for too", the man leaned on the bar next to her, his eyes glittering and his smile genial. He was dressed in the typical Inarta fashion, which is to say, not much at all. Baggy pants with a tapered ankle hung low across his hips, and a small woven vest did nothing to hide the hardened body beneath it. Madeira looked him up and down brazenly, then turned away to sip her wine.

"You're not my type, sorry."

The laugh that followed was loud enough to startle the nearest couples out of their enthusiastic fondling.

"Ha! Not that type of enjoyment, my judgmental little lady. I sell a far different, but no less pleasurable, experience."

Surprised, Madeira regarded him again, looking past the revealing clothes. He smiled like a salesman, she noted. That big, enthusiastic kind of smile, like they were already best friends. A closer look at the baggy pants he wore revealed them to be studded with buttoned pockets.

"Drug peddler?" she guessed.

"Experience supplier", he corrected, opening his tiny vest to reveal even more pockets lined beneath. "Can I offer you something? I can make your nerves disappear, your fantasies come true, I can set every nerve aflame and make your night of passion unforgettable. Wind Reach has perfected the art of chemical enhancement. We have created the best drugs this world has ever seen, and such gifts must be shared with our gracious neighbors."

It was with effort that Madeira forced herself to act indifference, while inside her heart leapt to hear the words. It had been years since she had partaken in such things. Even in Alvadas her drug use was a situational affair. But now that she was so far from home she would welcome the chance to return to the mind-bending state she grew up with. But she didn't trust this peddlers smile. The moment she showed interest his prices would rise, that's how this game worked.

"Best in the world? That's an egregious statement, when everyone knows Alvadas produces the best drugs."

"Alvadas? Bah, piss water and powdered stone, that Alvadas trash." The man waved a hand in front of his face, as if to rid himself of even the smell of the word. "What I have can put all that to shame. It's purer, last longer and takes you higher."

Madeira leveled him with a pale blue eye. Sipping at her drink, she waited for him to fill the silence.

Cottoning on quickly, the peddler met her with a sly smile. "You want me to prove it, huh?"

"It's only fair. You make some big claims."

"Ha! I like you, little lady. Sure, first hit is on me. I can guarantee it'll have you coming back for more. What's your flavour?"

Madeira licked her lips, her excitement finally starting to crack through her act of cool composure. "Do you have anything hallucinogenic?"

The Inarta paused in his pocket rifling to quirk an eyebrow at her. "That's some pretty hardcore stuff. It'll take you straight to the other side, and it'll be a long while before you come back. Can you handle that?"

Madeira peeked over his shoulder, where a line of drool connected one of his dazed customers to his teacup. She sniffed disdainfully. Amateur. "Yes I can handle that."

"Then let me introduce you to Winger." With a flourish the Inarta produced a folded square of paper and a battered blue feather. "Spread this powder across the fibers of a feather, take a deep breath through the nose, and this little thing will fly you away to paradise." He handed both to Madeira with a wink. "When you want more you'll remember your friend Yantavi, won't you? You can find me at the Obsidian Club most nights, and some days."

"I will", Madeira pocketed her prize with a smile. Yantavi tipped his imaginary hat and turned back to his group, prowling for bigger business.

Ledger :
+Wine: -4cm
x
Madeira Dusk
long may she reign

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Madeira Dusk on August 30th, 2019, 2:05 am

Tucking her prize into the pocket of her dress, Madeira went back to scanning the room from behind her wineglass. Having an object in her hands did wonders to ease her anxiety. As did the alcohol inside. And tracing the little square outline of the drug package beneath the lacy fabric of her skirt somehow gave her confidence. A drug dealer in the pure heart of Lhavit was an amazing discovery. The night was already going her way, so why shouldn't it continue?

Her eyes followed one shapely figure to another, some clothed in nothing but candlelight and imagination. Perhaps noticing her wandering eye, a shadow wrapped in gold peeled himself off of a low settee and glided towards her. The man was so dark he was nearly black, with every centimeter of his body shaved and oiled so he glowed like a jewel in the light. He wore gold around his wrists and ankles, mica dust on his high, proud cheeks, and absolutely nothing else.

Madeira suddenly became very interested in the contents of her wineglass

"Hello", the man spoke, his voice a bass rumble that seemed to rise from his oiled chest. He leaned one well manicured hand on the bar, the other rested low on his hip, elongating his posture and highlighting every sensuous line in his tones body. His eyes were the colour of honey and whisky and full of a sweetness that was mirrored in his smile.

"Hello", Madeira squeaked. She coughed into her fist and tried again, straining to sound as cool and unruffled as possible. "Hello."

"Is this your first time here, my darling?" There was a spark of endearment in his eye as he looked over this prim little woman who had wandered into a whorehouse dressed like a virgin acolyte.

"Mh-hm", the bartender answered the man before Madeira could formulate a way to tell him to screw himself politely. "I get the feeling she's looking for something particular tonight. Can I trust you to take care of her, Hassin?"

"It would be my pleasure." The prostitute, Hassin, didn't even glance at the bartender as he spoke. His liquid amber eyes were focused squarely on Madeira. The bartender nodded and left, and leaving the spiritist to the mercy of sex incarnate.

"Now, what can I do for you this wonderful night?" Hassin purred, cupping her chin in soft, scented hands. "I am Hassin, the traveler. The decadence of my people is legendary, and I have come all this way to show you how many ways a woman can be brought to pleasure."

Madeira could only stare at him gormlessly, completely out of her depth. The hand under her chin was the only thing that kept it from hitting the floor. In a single moment the woman who's only weapon was words was completely disarmed.

As if reading her mind or the panicked look on her face, Hassin smiled and pulled back, giving her some much needed breathing room.

"Perhaps its not my charms you seek tonight. I want nothing more than to give you everything you crave." Angling his body, he gave her an unobstructed view of the entire brothel, and all the flesh on sale within. "Missandre has a tongue to make any woman sigh, while Piere has the endurance that can make any woman scream with pleasure. Tell me what you want, and I will give it to you."
x
Madeira Dusk
long may she reign

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Madeira Dusk on August 30th, 2019, 2:08 am

What did she want? Trying to ignore the heat that pulsed from the rippled abs beside her, Madeira cleared her head and tried to think.
She wanted a woman, if she was going to learn how to seduce another woman. She wanted someone confident, mature, who knew exactly what they were doing. Nothing base, nothing low. She had to seduce Chiona on her feet before she could impress her on her back.

Scanning her available options, thinking analytically to keep from overwhelming herself, she made her decision.

"I would like her."

Hassin followed her gaze towards the band at the back of the brothel, in front of which a woman with golden brown hair was leaning over the back of a sette occupied by two older male customers with a drink and a girl apiece. She had jewels through her ears and paint across her lips, and held herself over them in such a way that her full bust
strained lustily at her brassiere. Though Madeira could not hear the words, there was a undeniable grace in how those lips moved and power in the way she held herself. There was not an ounce of shame in her. She looked like a queen.

For the first time Hassin looked unsure. "You have very fine taste, my darling. That is Madame Belladonna, the owner of this establishment."

"Then she's not a worker?"

"On the contrary, she very much is. She is our very own jewel. A diamond admired by all and owned by very few", he glanced at Madeira, and she understood that he was trying to say in a delicate way that this woman was a very, very expensive lay.

"I'd like to talk to her", Madeira smiled up at Hassin, putting her wineglass down on the bar behind her and smoothing the wrinkles from her dress. Decision made, she was finally feeling more in control and thus a bit more at ease. She was even starting to warm to Hassin and his gentle seductions.

"Your wish will always be my command", Hassin's sparkling eyes danced into hers as he bowed to kiss her gloved hand and swept away. He moved like a fish between the couples and the chairs, looking to be navigating more by memory than sight as he deftly avoided all obstacles in the dimly lit room.

Madeira took the few moments by herself to centre her rings and pull her gloves tight, smoothing down her hair and making sure her diamonds were laying flat across her collar. This felt a bit like a date, or a job interview. More than anything she wanted to make a good impression on this Madame.
x
Madeira Dusk
long may she reign

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Madeira Dusk on August 30th, 2019, 2:10 am

"My my, how refreshing you are."

Madame Belladonna did not move like Hassin. Madeira watched her approach and swore that the obstacles moved aside for her, not the other way around. Her voice was deeper than Madeira expected from a woman. It had a purr in it that put her in mind of a stalking jungle cat as she spoke.

"Such beautiful young blood. You are purity in white, my dear. What may I do for you?"

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Madame", Madeira began politely, her blue eyes drinking up this marvel of a woman she hoped could teach her. "Your place is another level of luxury, truly. I wanted to buy your-" her mind stalled for a moment as she struggled with the wording of this delicate transaction. "I was hoping to buy your companionship tonight."

"Indeed?" Belladonna looked her up and down brazenly, taking all of her in. After several long ticks she smiled a catlike smile. "How can I say no. I hope Hassin has warned you that my company is precious and does not come cheaply."

"Money is no object."

"Then come with me."

The Madame led her away from the bar, to a set of stairs hidden behind red silk drapery. The second story was brightly lit and more modestly appointed, a simple long hallway that connected rooms that felt lived in and homey. Through the cracks Madeira spied off duty workers going about their lives or prepping themselves for a showing downstairs. At the very end of the hall were much grander private quarters, and this was where Belladonna waved Madeira inside with a graceful hand.

The room was about the size of Madeira's master bedroom at home, with the same inset fireplace and sitting area, closets and dressers. The only difference was the colossal four poster bed; a monster of black silk and richly carved wood that could comfortably sleep eight. It was here that the Madame sat, and she patted the space beside her to indicate Madeira should join her.
x
Madeira Dusk
long may she reign

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Madeira Dusk on August 30th, 2019, 2:15 am

"Actually", Madeira stood firmly in front of the Madame, making no move to sit. "I was being honest when I said I wanted your company. I wanted to speak to you."

"I know."

Madeira met the woman's confident smirk incredulously. "You know?"

"Yes, I do. In this kind of work, in this kind of place, you learn to read what it is that a person wants. And I knew from the moment I saw you that you had no interest in my body. I agreed to talk merely because I was curious about what you do want from me. So please, sit."

Madeira was struck, suddenly and deeply, by the impression that this woman tolerated zero bullshyke. Taking the cue, she sat. The silk sheets moved liquidly as she displaced them.

"Okay, straight to the point then. I want you to teach me to be as… as seductive as you."

"Oh?"

"There is this woman, and I'm..." her lashes dipped, calling upon a touch of that embarrassment that she had been feeling all night, to simmer endearingly in her cheeks. "I'm in love with her. But she hardly seems interested in me as anything more than an acquaintance, or a friend. I need help. I want to be able to", she waved her jewelled hand, as if the word were frustratingly out of reach. "I want to be able to woo her."

"I see... I've never had a student before. I must admit I find it a little... exciting", that predatory smile sent alarm bells to ringing in Madeira's head, but she shook them off. She had already decided, of anybody who could teach her seduction, she wanted it to be this powerfully magnetic creature.

"So you'll agree to teach me?"

"On condition", the Madame held up a painted, dagger tipped finger. "If you want my time, you'll pay how everyone else pays. Ten kina the first bell, fifteen for every bell thereafter."

"Agreed", Madeira nodded. The figure blew her mind, but she kept the expression off her face. This woman charged three, possibly four times as much as any whore she had ever seen. Though she somehow didn’t doubt that this woman was worth it.

"Secondly", another manicured nail joined the first. "I will be obeyed. I refuse to teach someone who does not follow my lead or listen to my advice. You will do as I say or find yourself another teacher."

This time Madeira paused as something very central to her being reared at the demand. She could smell the trap. She could smell the trap from a mile away. This woman was looking at her like a cat might look at a tasty, naïve mouse. She knew she would regret it, but she had already made up her mind. Madeira rallied herself and took a deep breath.

"...Fine."

"Good. Then we have a deal", Madame Belladonna, her teeth flashing like the diamonds in her ears, stretched like a satisfied cat. “Now take off your clothes."

A long, silent pause.

"I beg your pardon?"

"Ah ah ah, remember our deal? A sculptor must see his raw clay before he moulds it. Show me what I'm working with."

Madeira considered leaving right then. Storming out into the night and never coming back. But there was a reason why she was here. This was all in an effort to snare Chiona, she reminded herself. If this woman can even teach her half of what she knows it'll all be worth it in the end.
x
Madeira Dusk
long may she reign

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Madeira Dusk on August 30th, 2019, 2:22 am

Madeira stood stiffly in front of her new teacher and began threading the buttons of her high collared dress, her eyes staring determinedly over the woman’s head.

"Not like that, you pure little soul", Belladonna laughed, rising to her feet herself. "Whenever you undress from now on, even if you are alone, I want you to act as though this woman is watching you.” Brushing Madeira's hands away, she demonstrated by pushing each button through its loop like each one was it's own show, revealing translucent white skin and brazenly coloured ink one centimetre at a time.

"I'm not going to woo her with a striptease."

"Darling, that's not the point. I want to see that energy, that confidence. I want you to look this woman in the eye and imagine she has seen everything and can't wait too see it all again tonight. Confidence, darling. Show me what you've got."

Humiliated, feeling like an idiot, Madeira never the less did as she was told. She peeled herself out of her dress, imagining the sensual music from downstairs was playing behind her. Belladonna, to her credit, never laughed. Not even when Madeira tripped trying to extract her foot from the clutches of her hastily unlaced corset. She had simply returned to her seat on the bed and watched, her eyes roaming and unashamed. In
the end Madeira was stood before her in nothing but her jewels and her gloves, standing straight and proper and fighting the urge to cover her pointed breasts and the soft down between her thighs.

"Erotic though it is, the gloves need to go too, dear. You may leave the jewels though..."

Madeira cleared her through, a very real shame building in the high colour of her cheeks. "I'd rather not."

Belladonna had to only lift her brow and wait. Red and grumbling, Madeira had no choice but to obey. Her rings hit the carpet with muffled thuds. Too humiliated to even think about being sexy, she pulled off her silk gloves robotically and stood there completely exposed in front of a stranger.

Finally Belladonna's perfect composure showed a little crack as she saw the spiritist's warped, ruined hands for the first time. "Oh. Wow, what happened?"

"Shot", Madeira said shortly, holding up her left hand, privately thankful this was not the day her dijed stone was manifested. "Melted", she held up the opposite hand, which varied wildly in shape and colour from the other. "Cut", she turned her wrists inward, to show the thick mess of thatched scars that ran completely up her arms.
x
Madeira Dusk
long may she reign

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Madeira Dusk on August 30th, 2019, 2:25 am

Belladonna considered her a moment. Standing from her seat on the bed she began to circle Madeira, studying her from every angle.

"That would be an issue, if we were here to please a crowed. But that's not why you're here, is it?" She ran a finger down the jutting vertebrae of her spine, causing her to shiver. She traced the colourful array of tattoos, the curve of her hip, and the dip of her collarbones, keeping up a running commentary as she did.

"Intimacy is the goal for you. Revealing such imperfections, especially ones kept so purposefully hidden, can open that door of intimacy. Mmm, you've had children, haven't you?" she tapped the faded lines of stretch marks across her belly. "Interesting. And what perfect posture. Yes, yes. I can work with this." After two complete circuits she stood in front of Madeira again, arms folded, and Madeira could almost see the plans blooming in her green eyes. "Oh my dear Madeira, I will turn you into my masterpiece."

Shock knocked the wind from the Spiritist as she was hastily grabbing her underwear from off the floor. "And how exactly do you know my name?"

"People talk, my dear. And lately they've been talking about you. The Dusk's mystery hire from overseas, one of the women responsible for Penrose's capture? I would be ashamed if I didn't know." She primped herself in the vanity mirror as Madeira struggled back into her corset. "And such stories that come through the rumour mill, I would
be surprised if half of them were true..." She smiled at her through the mirror and Madeira got the sense she knew exactly was true and not.

"Alright, you've had your fun. Can we begin?"

"Oh miss Craven", she turned back to her half dressed pupil, a fire in her eyes. "We already have."

Ledger :
Madame Belladonna, 1 hour= -10gm
x
Madeira Dusk
long may she reign

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Madeira Dusk on September 4th, 2019, 12:01 am

Grades Awarded!

Don't forget to edit/delete your grade request!

Madeira Craven

Skills
  • Negotiation: 3xp
  • Acting: 2xp
  • Logic: 1xp
  • Subterfuge: 1xp
  • Seduction: 2xp

Lores
  • Yantavi: Inarta drug dealer
  • Yantavi: works out of the Obsidian Club
  • Negotiation: strategic silence
  • Negotiation: showing interest will jack up the price
  • Acting: key step in negotiation
  • Drug: “winger”
  • People: Hassin the prostitute
  • Lore of suppressing emotions with logic
  • Madame Belladonna: owner of the Red Lantern
  • Negotiation: the delicate transaction of sexwork
  • Subterfuge: a sexworker learns to read people
  • Madame Belladonna: a hard teacher
  • Seduction: confidence
  • Seduction: the intimacy of imperfection
  • Madame Belladonna: new seduction teacher

Awards & Retribution
+Wine: -4cm
+Drug, Winger: +1 dose
+Madame Belladonna, 1 hour: -10gm

Notes
Notes here.
Madeira Dusk
long may she reign

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes