Closed So We Wander // So Who Knows

Sophia and Kamilla meet

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Syka is a new settlement of primarily humans on the east coast of Falyndar opposite of Riverfall on The Suvan Sea. [Syka Codex]

Moderator: Gossamer

So We Wander // So Who Knows

Postby Sophia Sunshore on May 11th, 2019, 8:54 am

Sophia nodded along to Kamilla’s answer to her question about Riverfall. “Huh, funny we didn’t see each other over there. I’ve been here for about three seasons, so it sounds like we arrived in Riverfall at similar times.” She paused to think for a moment. “Although… it is a lot bigger than Syka that’s for sure, you’ll never know everyone.” Sophia much preferred the beach settlement, and the sense of family and community that went along with living here.

She watched Kamilla select the part of the aloe she wanted, smiling when the woman made a nice clean cut through the spike. The sap immediately began to ooze from the wound - that magic gel the brunette had been after finally in her hand. Sophia took the knife back, wiping the blade carefully on her arm and tucked it into the pouch again.

The pups were pretty easy to dig up, they only had small roots at this stage, and the sand was dry and pliable. If anything, the hardest part was keeping it from refilling the hole as soon as she had moved it out. She sat back on her heels for a moment, gaze flicking up to Kamilla as the other woman sent a question her way. Sophia paused before answering. “Honestly, I’m not sure at the moment. But I think I could probably make a base with something like beeswax or coconut oil as they can set nice and solid. Somehow I am sure I’d be able to add the aloe into that.” She tilted her head slightly as she thought. “I am only assuming it would have the same effect as I wouldn’t be changing the aloe itself… Perhaps it may not be as potent…” Sophia was half talking to herself at this point, but out loud so as to continue answering the question.

She blinked at Kamillia, and the smiled brightly. “I’ll try making it, and then perhaps you can test it out for me if you like?” She returned her attention to the pup plant, removing more sand from its base until she could carefully ease the whole thing out of the sand. It was small enough to fit into her pouch, and she carefully placed it inside to protect the roots from the heat of the sun. Sophia would plant it up properly when she returned home.

She joined Kamilla, picking a rock next to the other woman, watching to see what she did with the gel they had acquired. “So, what made you come over to Syka then? There’s not a whole bunch here, which is kind of why I came out. It sounds very different to the little I have heard of Zeltiva.” She smiled encouragingly at the brunette, hoping that perhaps the woman would be feeling more comfortable and willing to chat. “Did you want to find something to drink?” The Tidepool Bar was just up the beach from where they sat, and Sophia squinted up at the sun, slowly reaching its peak in the sky. “Or, you know, you can get on with your day and I’ll go home and try and make you some balm.” Sophia wouldn't push Kamilla, but would happily follow over to the bar if she wished. Aside from Uta, she didn't really have anyone to sit and chat with as good friends, and it was hard not to keep from going overboard with questions.
NOTE: During the Fall Sophia is a Dhani, specifically a golden eyelash viper. See here for more detailed info.
Sophia Sunshore
Plant Lady

Words: 193757
Joined roleplay: July 5th, 2018, 5:26 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Character (1)

Postby Kamilla on May 12th, 2019, 3:23 am

Kamilla Circe Gordon

Kamilla felt there was no need to respond to the blonde’s statement about them not bumping into eachother in Riverfall, as she ended up answering it on her. Riverfall was indeed a big beautiful city, bustling with activity at all times, it was highly unlikely that the two woman would have met, especially since they probably didn’t really have anything in common, unlike now. Apparently aloe could also bring people together.

Once again, eyeing the thick spiky leaf in her hand while she listened to Sophia’s explanation of how she might turn the aloe into a balm, Kamilla found herself surprisingly interested in the process, especially since she’d seen what the miraculous aloe plant could do. She aimed a friendly smile in the woman’s direction, ”I’d happily try it out, so long as it’s safe.” She doubted adding beeswax or coconut oil could have any negative effect to the plant’s gel, but then again, she wasn’t a herbalist.

It had only been a brief moment that the blonde had chosen to discuss the plant before her evident curiosity pulled the topic back to Kamilla and her past, though Sophia’s friendly demeanor did help to make the questions not seem invasive. She had to pause for a moment to think about we answer before speaking, recalling the port city of Zeltiva and her life there.

”It is quite different indeed, but at the same time pretty much the same.” Sure, the culture differed as well as a lot of the locations, but in the end it seemed most cities, other than Sahova, shared the same core. ”And I suppose... wanderlust? I heard about a new beautiful settlement across the Suvan Sea and the idea of a new place in a new region caught my interest.” It was as honest an answer as she could muster.

From there, the woman’s interest seemed to shift to what would follow their successful aloe hunt, Kamilla already being given a few choices, though she’d already decided on one. ”It’s nice of you to offer, but I was planning on getting some work done today.” She absentmindedly patted her satchel, ”Maybe some other time? Perhaps I could make you one of those dresses I made for Uta? Or anything else you might need that’s clothing related.”

As she spoke, Kamilla rose to her feet, satisfied with the short rest she’d given her injured leg. The woman, Sophia, has proven to be both pleasant and useful, despite her personality contrasting Kamilla’s quite harshly. ”It was a pleasure to meet you, Sophia. I hope to see you soon.” Considering Syka’s size, Kamilla felt it was more than likely.

Kamilla
Magical Mistress

Words: 592212
Joined roleplay: November 16th, 2014, 5:52 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Syka Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Sophia Sunshore on May 12th, 2019, 5:12 pm

Sophia beamed at Kamilla where she was perched on one of the rocks. “Oh it should be completely safe, beeswax and coconut oil are both great on the skin. It’s more the potency I was wondering about. I doubt it would be as effective as the gel straight from the plant like you have there, but then again practicality is probably more useful than potency with something so… sticky.” She chuckled lightly.

From her own perch, the soles of her feet warming on the surface of the rock, Sophia listened as Kamilla spoke. She blinked, wondering how anywhere could be similar to Syka. But then she thought of her own life aboard a ship, the community and family spirit that was the core of the Svefra way of life and she found herself nodding along to the brunette’s words. She met Kamilla’s eyes, light opposing dark, and the edges of hers crinkled with a smile.
“Wanderlust… what a lovely word. I suppose that is how I felt too before I came here. Try living permanently on a ship. I always wished for more and here I have it.” Sophia was pleased that Kamilla had finally seemed to open up, even if just a little.

She slid off the rock, following Kamilla’s lead and turned to face the woman. “Oh of course - sorry for taking you away from it with my nattering!” A delighted smile lit her features before she spoke again. “I would absolutely love for you to create something for me! I’d pay, of course.” She walked next to the other woman as they made their way to the path again, and Sophia smiled again as they turned their separate ways. “I am sure I’ll bump into you again soon. But feel free to drop by whenever you like!”

Soon after waving farewell, Sophia was back at her little patch of Syka, and she carefully removed the aloe pup from her satchel. After a brief rummage for an empty pot, she filled it with sand and gently placed the little plant in. More sand was added to stabilise it, and she pressed it down to firm it all in. She set it to one side to water later and grabbed an orange from a small pile she kept. Smiling to herself, the Svefra peeled the tough, waxy skin and sliced off a segment. She hoped that she would see Kamilla again. If the brunette didn’t come by soon she would seek her out to commission that dress. It’d be nice to have another friend in the settlement.
NOTE: During the Fall Sophia is a Dhani, specifically a golden eyelash viper. See here for more detailed info.
Sophia Sunshore
Plant Lady

Words: 193757
Joined roleplay: July 5th, 2018, 5:26 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Character (1)

Postby Ines on August 23rd, 2019, 11:27 am

Sophia Sunshore
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Botany 2
Food Preservation 1
Herbalism 2
Observation 3
Socialization 4
Teaching 2

Lores
Lore Earned
Food Preservation: Drying Herbs for Storage
Food Preservation: Making an Herb Press
Kamilla: Downplays Injuries
Kamilla: Seamstress
Kamilla: Also lived in Riverfall
Kamilla: From Zeltiva
Botany: Aloe Vera grows on the beach
Herbalism: Possibilities for an Aloe Balm

Items Aquired :
+1 Potted Aloe Vera Pup

Kamilla
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Botany 1
Socialization 1

Lores
Lore Earned
Sophia: Svefra
Sophia: Uta's Assistant
Sophia: Also Lived in Riverfall
Sophia: Pleasant and Useful
Botany: Aloe Vera grows on the beach

Items Aquired :
+1 Large Aloe Vera Spike

Additional Comments
This was a great thread! I chuckled when Sophia mentioned using coconut oil to make a more manageable balm with the aloe because it'd be entirely melted! Don't forget to edit your post in the request thread to mark this thread as graded.
Ines
sexy dracula

Words: 152937
Joined roleplay: May 2nd, 2017, 10:41 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (2) Overlored (1)

Previous