Completed (Empyreal Demesne) Leaps and Bounds (Kelski)

Nothing brings two people together better than parkour...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

(Empyreal Demesne) Leaps and Bounds (Kelski)

Postby Dessarian on August 14th, 2019, 7:30 pm

Timestamp: 60th day of Summer, 519 AV

"So, that's what I am thinking." Dess concluded, his hands leaning on the table, several scraps of paper before him with rough drawings on them. Sona reached to slide one of sheets closer to her. The blonde shrugged.

"Really, this simple?", the Zeltivan asked, looking at the sketches. Some depicted a simple wooden cross, a post with a smaller cross post. They were at different heights, some with a separate 'head'. These would be used for training with weapons. Others would be a post with pegs protruding at different heights around the posts, for unarmed practice.

Toni leaned over them and cast a quick glance. Dess watched the Dhani examine the drawings. Having a Dhani around did not sit well with Dess at first, but the Iyvess possessed little of the stereotypes typical of other kinds of Dhani.

Toni shrugged. "Sona and Bragg scan handle this, I have confidence in them. I really need to focus on the docks." The Dhani's accent stretched out the 's' sounds.

Dess nodded, it was a simple task to build the training posts. He could have tried to hack through it, but there was no need with the talent that now resided at the Demesne.

"Thanks." The Damazar replied, shaking hands with Toni before the head carpenter left the main floor of the tower. Sona began to gather the drawings. "The other building projects are higher priority than those, just work on them in down time. Thanks for your help."

Sona rolled the papers up, nodding and smiling at Sona. "They won't take long. See ya around." She replied as she too headed out.

Dess followed, standing before the tower, looking over his new home. It really was a beautiful place. With the beach and the bay, the forests, even the ruins in the distance, the land was as diverse as the people who were making their home on it.

While he liked very much the people of the Demesne, and those who would be the first members of the Meraki, he was not ready to call them family. He was just beginning to build friendships. Relationships were not easy for Dess. The work of his family was often veiled in secrecy, and he could not afford to let outsiders close. He was working on shedding that kind of thinking.

But among the people around him were what he called his remnant. The survivors of the K'etir and Damazar. Darcee, Ember, Lynneah and Keesha. They were the people he knew, had been with at the Damazar and K'etir homes less than two seasons earlier. But there was one more. Kelski.

The unique circumstances surrounding Dess and Kelski rendered them closer to one another than to anyone else at the settlement. Yet they were like strangers, just getting to know one another. For Dess, getting to know Kelski had become a great pleasure, challenge and priority.

They were enjoying working together on the many projects underway to make the Meraki self-sufficient, but Dess itched to work his physical state. He was a disciplined warrior who sought to not only keep his condition fit, healthy and ready, but to find ways to improve it and what he could do with it.

As he looked over the terrain, the Damazar had a thought. It was a lot of land. Wouldn't it be wise to be able to move quickly across it, if necessary? Racing over the rugged terrain would be a much more interesting way to condition a body than exercise routines. He had seen a contest once where people competed to cross obstacle-strewn courses. They leaped, vaulted, flipped, swung... it was fascinating. A smile crept across his face. He knew just who might want to try it out.

After his patrol, Dess would search for Kelski.
Last edited by Dessarian on October 2nd, 2019, 11:32 am, edited 4 times in total.
Dessarian
Player

Words: 146366
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2019, 4:04 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kelski on August 20th, 2019, 3:48 am

[Earlier that Day]

“You’ve been working day and night. You didn’t even get out to scout today.” Little Rhaus complained, his ceramic feet clicking on the stone floor of the tower as he paced back and forth behind Kelski as she sat at her work bench. “All work and no play make a very grumpy jeweler.” He admonished, pulling out a little violin and strumming its strings to tune it correctly.

Kelski looked up from where she was cutting opals. The set was going to be matched and she’d had it specifically ordered from a city person who had inquired at one of the local markets as to where to find a jeweler. It was for his wife and daughter so they would have something made for each of them that matched. The Sea Eagle Kelvic stretched, shook out her hands, and glanced over her shoulder. “There’s so much to do, Little Rhaus. So much! If I spent all my time messing around, these orders don’t get filled. You have no idea how grateful I am to actually have orders. It’s something I worried about opening a business out here.” She said, gesturing to all the projects she had going that were scattered around the room. “But I had no idea there was no jeweler in Zeltiva. And because of that, my business is booming. I have almost more work than I can do with one person. If the word spreads further, then I will have more work. And the Svefra are glad to be third party go betweens – brokers – and that makes my life easier. I don’t have to invest in time selling my work but can concentrate on actually making more jewelry.” She said, all the while keeping her hands busy on the lap wheel where she was making micro cuts to them gem she had attached to the dop with wax.

“I realize all of that Kelski. But you’re working too hard. Take a break. Just a little break. You haven’t played your violin since you got here. Play with me… just a song or two. Give your mind a break.” He said softly, in his most persuasive voice.

Kelski sighed, stopped the lap wheel with her foot crank, and set the dop aside. She swung around on her stool and stared at the little statue a moment. “Just a song or two?” She said, and he nodded, looking thoughtfully at the little statue.

“A song or two won’t hurt anything…. nothing at all.” He said, strumming his strings and then lifting his violin to rest under his ceramic chin. He riffed the strings in a merry dance which caused a smile to crack Kelski’s face.

[Two Full Bells Later]

Kelski half danced around the room, circling counter to the little animated ceramic statue. He was singing full throatedly a rather bawdy ballad while she played counter tune to his rapid fire stilettoing of the notes off his own violin. She tossed her head and laughed, joining in the chorus, though her singing voice was rough and untrained. A jet black violin was tucked under her own chin and a bow was clutched in her dominate hand. She was bowing furiously, egged on by the little statue, as they circled each other laughing and half singing half letting the violin’s sing for themselves. Kelski definitely didn’t look like her normal serious stoic self and Little Rhaus certainly wasn’t holding back or making his lyrics family friendly.

"Here's to the maiden of bashful fifteen ;
Here's to the widow of timeless fifty ;
Here's to the flaunting extravagant queen,
And here's to the housewife that's thrifty.

Let the toast pass.
Drink to the lass, I'll warrant she'll prove an excuse for a glass.
Here's to the charmer whose dimples we prize;
Now to the maid who has none, sir
Here's to the girl with a pair of blue eyes,
And here's to the nymph with but one, sir.

Let the toast pass.
Drink to the lass, I'll warrant she'll prove an excuse for a glass.
Here's to the maid with a bosom of snow.
Now to her that's as brown as a berry.
Here's to the wife with a face full of woe,
And now to the damsel that's merry.

Let the toast pass.
Drink to the lass, I'll warrant she'll prove an excuse for a glass.”

Kelski laughed, repeating the chorus after Little Rhaus did, and laughing as she bowed her violin, following the words of the song and dancing a little. She was having a good time, though her fingers were getting sore and she was woefully out of practice with her violin. Little Rhaus was kind though and didn’t anything about her technique. Instead, he only laughed harder when she made a mistake and encouraged her on.

There was no drink around either of them. They didn’t seem to need it. And as the song wound down, Kelski set her bow aside, laid down her violin, and scooped up the ceramic statue to hug it tightly. “What would I do without you?” She kissed Little Rhaus on the top of his wisened head and gently sat him back on the floor.

“You saved my life once, and you save my sanity every day.” She confessed to him, the music having opened her heart wide and the bawdy tunes having loosened her lips. She was so focused on the music and on Little Rhaus, that she wouldn’t notice anyone stepping into the room at any part of the song nor would she let it stop her from showing the small statue her appreciation. Her cheeks were flushed in pleasure, she was slightly breathless, and her hair was free of its work ponytail.

Eventually she’d notice Dess had found them, though she wouldn’t know when or how long he’d been there. And she’d offer him the same sort of smile – one of friendship and appreciation – still flushed and happy from the musical break from her work.
They laugh at me because I am different.
I laugh at them because they are all the same.

Painted Sky Jewelry (The Wildlands) | Crossroads Jewelry (The Outpost)
Kelski
Freedom is earned. Fight for it.

Words: 2015452
Joined roleplay: July 3rd, 2014, 11:08 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (2)
Mizahar Grader (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Sunberth Seasonal Challenge (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Dessarian on August 22nd, 2019, 1:39 pm

Dess heard the music while still a ways off. As he drew near the settlement again, he could tell it came from the tower. Mosa must have been feeling good that day, he mused, for the old woman often played for the entertainment of the others. But she rarely played such a lively tune. He didn't consider the musician to be Kelski, as she had been to busy too work on her instrument. But as he drew closer, Dess was able to discern that it was two violins creating the music, though each one carried a different sound. And there was singing.

Looking up, the Damazar paused. The music came through the open, uppermost windows of the tower. If anyone was on the top floor, Kelski would be there as well. Was it she playing? Dess hastened his pace as he entered the tower and made his way around the staircase to the fourth floor. The occupants were fully indulging in their merriment, oblivious to his arrival. A broad smile spread across Dess's face as he folded his arms and leaned against the wall to listen and watch.

It gave him great pleasure to see the hard-working Kelvic enjoying herself. In fact, Dess couldn't remember that last time her had heard her laugh as she was then, and had never heard her sing. She moved about the room on graceful legs, fully engulfed in the music as she practically danced around Little Rhaus. It was a side of Kelski Dess had not seen, not to that extent. The weight of establishing the Demesne, of ensuring all that came were safe, fed and housed, building the means to be self sufficient and establishing the guild on top of it all had been heavy on Kelski's shoulders. She tried to be strong for everyone, including herself. But Dess had witnessed the moments of stress and doubt. She needed to let off steam.

The bawdy tune finally came to an end, only then did the musicians notice the presence of an audience. Dess began to applaud, his smile flashing strong white teeth. He met Kelski's argent gaze, her features bright and flush with joy, her rare smile like a gift to the Damazar. Dess pushed off of the wall and took a few steps towards the musicians.

"That was the happiest sound I have heard in a long time." He confessed, though not defining whether he meant the music, the singing or Kelski's laughter. "I think we could all use a little bit more of that." Dess added, volleying his gaze between the Kelvic and the little statue of a man.

Dess turned to Kelski. "I know you have a lot of work, but was wondering if I could steal you away for a little while longer. I have something I want to try, and I want you to do it with me." He began. "A physical exercise would be good for us both, and it could be fun. Kind of an all-terrain obstacle course through the territory." Dess proposed, a brow quirking, questioning whether she would be interested. Besides the physical benefit, it would be time away and alone with Kelski, something that was rare those days.
Dessarian
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kelski on August 27th, 2019, 2:49 pm

Kelski grinned at Dess, her smile filling her eyes, and her face still flushed from the dancing and music. “Do you like music?” She asked curiously, realizing suddenly she didn’t know this about him. “I don’t even know if you play or if you want to learn. Mosa or Little Rhaus could teach you. Music… music helps things.” She said, approaching him after giving her little magical statue one more affectionate pat. Kelski tipped her head up, studying Dess, wanting to enfold him in a hug too but not sure he would welcome it. The Kelvic was so often not in the mood to touch, not because she wasn’t affectionate but because she’d decided she didn’t like humans overly much and most of the people around her were human. If Dess would have been Ebon, she’d have already been enfolding him in a hug.

His eyes met hers, and though she’d already decided to abort the abrupt show of affection before it manifested, she found herself following through with the gesture and capturing Dess’ larger form in a hug. He didn’t feel like Ebon at all. Ebon was smooth, warm, and smelled like a cat. Dess was lean and hard beneath his clothing with no softness. It should have been unpleasant, hugging someone built for strength, but instead it was comforting. She lingered with her head tucked into his neck where she breathed in his scent and took a moment to nibble at the bare flesh there. It was an affectionate gesture, like a bird preening feathers with its beak though he had no feathers to preen. It was an inhuman gesture, and she felt no shyness as she took a long lingering moment to enjoy the feel of him and the fit of him against her. A small fire lit in her abruptly and startled her. It flamed up somewhere in her chest and caused her breath to catch, and burned down her spine and awoke her femininity. She undulated against him a moment, indulging that sudden fire, and then stepped back abruptly with an eagle-like trill of surprise.

“I’m sorry… I should have asked.” She said abruptly, the smile not dying from her face, but wavering a moment. If he was watching closely, he’d clearly read the surprise, confusion, and arousal in her eyes. Kelski was not one to conceal what she felt. No Kelvics really did. Generations of K’etir and Damazar interaction had made the families easy to read in the eyes of each other. The Sea Eagle remembered bad experiences with males, but she also knew she liked expressing her sexuality and enjoyed pleasure. Kelski knew in that moment staring at Dess that she’d enjoy being tucked beneath him, his hard body over her and buried within her. It made the fire within worse.

“A run sounds good. We are happy because I have orders, work to finish, an income coming in, and our plans are bearing fruit. Little Rhaus says I work too hard and need more than my lap wheel to make my life full so he pulled me off my work to play.” She said, glancing at the little statue.

The little statue in question was staring at the two people, his expression coy, as he grinned at Dess. “I’m glad I’m not the only one to think to distract her. She needs it.” He said, then amended his words again. “You look like you need it too, Dessarian. You’ve had the heaviness of worry about you lately that has been clouding your bright eyes. Bards like I am are sensitive to things like that. Trust me. There’s no better distraction than a feisty kelvic, especially if she’s pretty.” He said, giving Dess a wink. “Go play, Kelski. Have fun. And don’t come back until he’s exhausted you… one way or another.” He said with a laugh as he collected his instruments and made like he had places to go and people to see. Then he walked off, his ceramic feet clicking on the stone. He disappeared into the more living quarters of Kelski’s tower space, giving the two of them privacy.

“He wants us to …..” Kelski said abruptly, then shook her head… cutting off the words. She laughed, and tossed her head, covering the pink that was suddenly filling her cheeks. Dess could read the dirty minded statues words as well as she could. Some things didn’t need to be said. “… go run.” She followed through lamely. “I would like that…. running with you.” She said, padding barefoot towards a wardrobe that was a sort of wall backing one of her work benches. The Kelvic headed around it, pulling off her work tunic as she did so, unconcerned with Dess’ presence.

Kelski had gained weight since they’d come to the Demesne. Muscles had filled out and the hollows that haunted her flesh in Sunberth had filled out. Her ribs were no longer showing, but were encased in smooth feminine muscles. Her bare breasts were not the show stopping displays some women had. They were as lean as the rest of her, small and neat, though definitely their swells reinforced the fact she was no boy. The jeweler had no hesitation or shyness before Dess, shimmying out of her leather work pants as well. Thin cotton was all that concealed her sex as she bent over in her wardrobe and pulled forth a thin set of leggings that would mold to her form and did so as she wiggled into them. A halter top soon concealed most of her chest, though left her midriff bare. Then a set of calfskin boots went on, a shoe that would grip the things he might have her climb, but was still flexible enough to let her run.

Kelski was not shy. The Kelvic had no issues with Dess watching her dress if he chose too. Instead, she asked a question of curiosity as she selected her clothing and hung the soiled work things back up. “Do I look like anyone else in my family?” She asked, vocalizing what she’d been thinking when she’d started to change out what she was wearing. “Do you Demazars look similar? I’ve never known anyone that looked like me…” She added, not saying that to her most humans looked alike in a lot of ways.

“Little Rhaus said we’d make pretty children together. Do you want children?” She asked as well, wondering if Dess had ever had such thoughts. “I don’t even know if I could get you to agree to something like that. But he says when the Manor is done and we have all the room we need; it is our duty to fill it with children as soon as possible. I’m not sure how that works. Is that what our families would do?” She said, finally bundling her hair up into a braid that she wrapped around her skull and secured with pins. She gave her head a violent shake to make sure the coil would hold, and nodded at him.

“I’m ready. Thank you for inviting me to come exercise. I didn’t take a flight this morning and I’m stir crazy bent over this work bench all morning.” She said, then joined him ready to go where he led.

Kelski

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Dessarian on August 28th, 2019, 1:59 pm

Kelski still beamed, the pleasure found in the respite of music quite evident in bright silvery eyes and the crimson tinge on her porcelain cheeks. She asked Dess about music, one of many subjects the two had yet to breach. Dess did like music, at least some. He found serene music calmed his soul, while he also liked lively tunes like Kelski and Rhaus played, full of energy. "I do like music." Dess answered as the Kelvic drew near, casting a glance up at him.

Kelski's smiling features elicited a broad grin from the Damazar that lingered in the hanging moment between them, before The Sea Eagle wrapped her arms around him. The sudden embrace caught Dess off-guard, but it certainly was not unwelcomed. He encircled the smaller woman in his arms as well, finding himself relishing the warm press of the Kelvic against him as the embrace gently tightened and Kelski tucked her head into the crook of his neck. The tips of his fingers pressed lightly into her flesh, finding firm, strong tissue beneath the taut skin. Homesteading had changed both of them physically from their condition in Sunberth, the hard work and basic staples forming healthier, stronger bodies. As soon as she was snug against him, Dess realized how much emptiness there was before their embrace. It felt...amazing.

When Dess felt the playful nip of sharp teeth on the skin of his neck, he was reminded again that Kelski was not a typical woman, in any way. She was an eagle in a woman's body, so he resisted the instinct to flinch, or to allow his male instinct to dwell on the sensual reaction it stirred. The avian gesture in fact made him feel good, to receive such an instinctual endearment from someone to which he was patiently trying to draw closer.

But the curious interaction didn't stop there, and when he felt Kelski gently move against him, like the gentle roll of a serpent's body, her small but firm curves discerned against the hard plane of his physique, Dess felt the heated flush spread from his core through his body as well. Both of them seemed surprised by their carnal reaction and as Kelski quickly stepped back, Dess's arms hastily released her. His ears turned red, a telltale sign that she had sparked something in him as well.

He saw it in slightly widened eyes and the sudden quirk in her smile, at least enough to betray that the primal gestures were not premeditated but rather unexpected. Dess did not retreat an inch, or lose his warm smile, though inside he was very surprised, and honestly happy. "It's alright, I... didn't mind at all." Dess replied, unable or unwilling to shake the feel of the heated press of the lithe Sea Eagle against him.

Gratefully, Kelski spoke up, explaining why she and Rhaus had enjoyed a break. The little ceramic man spoke his peace, as frank and bawdy as the song the two of them had played. Dess could not help but laugh, finding only a little embarrassment in the suggestive recommendations of the magical statue. He had learned the enchanted bard spoke his mind and pulled no punches, something Dess truly appreciated, even if it did create some awkward moments. The Damazar offered a glib salute to Rhaus as the diminutive musician made his way to other parts of Kelski's suite, leaving the K'etir and Damazar alone.

"I...I know." Dess cut in with a laugh as Kelski commented on her little friend's intentions. "I think a run is an even better idea now." He joked, still feeling the ringing effects Kelski's affections had kindled. His azure gaze followed the Kelvic until he saw her start to take off her shirt, then Dess abruptly averted his eyes. His first inclination was that other women had intentionally undressed before him, their goal to allure him for some purpose. But it clicked again that Kelski was Kelvic. He had learned from other K'etir Kelvic's that modesty was not part of their nature, and that Kelski thought nothing of being naked before him.

While Dess could not so easily separate nudity from sensuality, he did not stare but did glanced at the woman from time to time. Kelski's body reflected what his had felt in the embrace, subtle female curves and lean, trim muscle. She was a woman designed for survival, for agile movement and quick reflexes, she was a predator. Yet, as more of her was revealed, Dess admitted that Kelski's fit yet feminine figure was very attractive. When those thoughts were entertained, Dess did turn his gaze out the window, but turned back when she asked her question. He watched her dress as he replied. But his mind had turned to their families. His smile flattened a bit, taking on a melancholic note.

"Yes. You and your brother have similar features. And he has dark hair like you." Dess answered, seeing the resemblance between them as he watched at Kelski. He missed Kalistan, and secretly worried for his friend's safety. He had planned to try to send word to Kal soon after arriving on the shore of Mathews Bay, but with the news of the alleged attack by the Drust on their families, Dess dared not let word out about the K'etir and Damazar survivors at the Demesne. He would do all he could to keep Kelski, Darcee and the Zrevans safe. Meaning he would wait until he found a secure way to try and locate Kal.

"Dark hair runs in your family, light hair and blue eyes run in mine. I think if you stand Darcee and I side by side, you will see the similarity. People have thought she is my sister." Dess added. Since arriving at the Demesne, his cousin had become like a sister.

Kelski had dressed, her clothing suitable for a challenging run. Dess allowed one more glance over her, the snug leggings and halter top complimenting what had been revealed to him before. But when the Kelvic asked about children, sharing Raus's uninhibited opinion on reproduction, Dess smiled, but seeing Kelski was serious, he tempered his amusement.

"Well, yeah, I would like children someday. Family is very important to me." He took a step forward, towards nothing in particular. "Honestly, before you were taken, I thought maybe I would have my children with you, when you matured." Dess spoke honestly regarding the arrangement between he and her family. His smile widened and he shrugged as he found her eyes. "Who knows, Kel." Dess had never really let go of the idea of being with Kelski, so the two of them ending up together was something he had considered since the day she found him in the Sunberth slave market. "I can tell you, K'etir and Damazars do have beautiful children together." He admitted.

There was relief when Kelski announced she was ready to go. Dess felt a need for fresh air and physical activity. "Great, I thought maybe we could jog out to the edge of the forest, then we can pick a spot to start our challenge." He suggested, heading out and down the staircase. As they came out of the tower, Dess paused, looking up into the clear sky. Then he stripped off his shirt and laid it over a sawhorse. He too had filled out since that night in Sunberth, regaining muscle lost during his recovery. But his skin remained marred by numerous scars. "What about you? Do you want children?" He asked as he gave her a slight head nod and he began to jog.
Dessarian
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kelski on August 29th, 2019, 1:15 pm

Kelski soaked up the information Dess fed her about her family. She and her brother looked similarly. That thrilled her even as the thought of his demise flickered through her mind. Hattie had spoken of a massacre. Kelski wasn’t sure of the details, but she suspected Dess had further questioned Hattie later on the topic. “Ember looks a little like me. When she came to me she looked like a child. But now she looks almost older than I am. Her lifespan will be two years. That…. that has to hurt. She says she’s not bitter about it, but there was something in her voice… a betrayal… when she told me that. I feel almost guilty that I will enjoy a much longer life.” She said thoughtfully.

Kelski moved about, getting ready for the run, and was almost disappointed when Dess turned his attention out the window. She liked his eyes on her. She wanted his eye on her… only her. She couldn’t tell if he found her body appealing or not. She knew her darkened mouth and the dark aureolas around her nipples were odd. She had dark tissue at the apex of her thighs and around her vent too. It was a blackened almost blue tint, not brown like dirt. It was her sea eagle heritage and she was proud of it. But some men thought it looked diseased. And it was probably not the most appealing thing to Dess. If it did bother him, she’d learn to morph it. For some reason, his comfort and pleasure were something she cared about. She’d just have to find a way to bring it up in conversation.

“You and Darcee do look similar. You are both beautiful people. She moves like you do too. I hadn’t thought others would be like that, but I think that above all makes it look like you two belong to something together.” Kelski observed as she followed him.

‘Dess? Can I say things to you? Open things?” She asked abruptly as she joined him and followed him below. Then she carried on, as if he’d answered her in the affirmative, even though she hadn’t given him a chance to respond. “Because if I can, I want to say I like you looking at me. I like it very much. Please don’t be afraid too. I am not shy, and if you are, I don’t mean to make you uncomfortable. I wasn’t sure I’d like you touching me, but I do like that too. I wish you would do it more. Touching helps me… get comfortable with people. Desensitized… ” She wasn’t sure if it was too bold of her, to …. “Is that too forward? I just…. I just find it easier to make it clear what you want with people because you could wait a long long time before getting what you want if you waited for people to decide to do things for you.” She said as she pounded down the steps.

He wanted children.

Thoughts rolled through her head. Images speared themselves in her mind and suddenly it was hard to breath for a moment. He took off his shirt at the bottom of the tower, which just made things worse. He was beautiful in a way that few men were. His mind was a rich storehouse of knowledge that she fully approved of. And that too was beautiful to her. She was busy staring at him as he added in his own thoughts on the matter.

He took off with a long-strided easy moving gait. Kelski stretched her own legs and fell into line with him. She was glad beyond measure that he’d started to run. It distracted her mind away from men who were stripped from the waist up and speaking of babies. But she still had to answer his questions.

“I don’t know, Dess. I haven’t been around children much. They seem so fragile and unruly. I don’t know what they are going to do… at least the ones I’ve seen at the market. And what if I am a bad parent? I’ve seen human women swollen with a child in her belly and I can’t imagine how that feels. I know… I know they come from mating. I’m not sure how though… do you decide when? Like do you decide this coupling will be the one and make it happen then and there? Men have too much control over those things as it is.” She said, running cleanly alongside him.

She wasn’t winded in the least and though they were moving at a good rate, she wasn’t breathing hard enough that he had trouble understanding her. “I don’t think Little Rhaus is right. I think we’d need time to get to know each other first. You know so much I do not about families and how to raise one. You were raised in one. I want time to know how that is… how one goes about that before I have to do it. If we do… take pleasure in each other, don’t put a child in me before I am ready. Even if it will be a strong and smart child, and especially not just because it will be pretty.” She said abruptly, making up her mind on the subject.

“I’d like that, you know… enjoying your body. You have a nice one. It is appealing to me. I’ve already thought about what it would be like.” Kelski said, turning her eyes off the path to meet his.

Then she continued on, her breathing regular enough to keep up with the pace of her running. He could tell she was no stranger to the activity. “But I have to warn you. Something isn’t right inside of me. I can give pleasure, but the rest is broken. I’ve wanted to bond my whole life, but I can’t seem too. I’ve been told Kelvics have the urge too, an internal drive, and I do have that. People have even wanted me to bond to them… mainly men. I have not been an easy slave. Bonding would have made life easier for me… because I’ve been told you give up your wants and needs and the person you bond too… their wants and needs become yours. Masters who have owned me wanted me bonded, and some of them have even trade when I couldn’t because of the damage. I am broken. A mage looked at me with his auristics once and said my bonding tendrils are not like other Kelvics. Normal Kelvics have these tendrils of power that reach out and caress others. Mine are wrapped tightly around me, almost protectively.” She said softly.

Kelski wasn’t sure if it was a deal breaker, but she wanted to be up front with the warrior, because she could tell from their previous talks, he had expectations. In a way, she did too. But she’d been alone all her life… alone in crowds…. alone owned. Dess didn’t make her feel alone. She wasn’t sure if this was an admission, she should make to him. But she found herself doing so anyhow. “I’ve wanted things all my life. I usually get what I want if it’s a material matter or a career or knowledge thing. I get it because I set goals, develop pathways to achieve the things, and then say on the course. But my deepest needs have been family and an urge to curb my loneliness. I’m often alone. I don’t feel like that with you. I feel like… I feel like I don’t have to be silent about things I should be silent about. Like these things…” She admitted, leaping a little fallen log and splitting wide so they could pass a rather large tree stump that broke the trail which curved around it both ways. Vasin had been clearing most of the land, but not all the stumps and debris had been carried away.

They came up to the edge of the forest and Kelski pulled up. She ran lightly in place, looking for instruction. Most of what she said he could either reply to or ignore. It wasn’t the whole of the point in telling him – to get his reaction that is. Most of the point in telling him was letting things out of her head about him that had been trapped in her skull since she’d met him. “I knew all this about you the moment I heard your voice Dess. You were wrecked and going to die. Yet I knew your voice and knew all this about you and about us.” She admitted as she ran in place, offering him just a little bit of a grin.

She glanced across and through the thick wood curiously. “You’ve been through here many times. I’ve seen you running in the woods while I’ve been flying above. But I can also run well. Let’s break this training into little races from part to part. The winner gets to do something with the looser – whatever they want to do. Ask a question… touch them anywhere they’d like…. steal a kiss… that kind of thing.” She proposed, her eyes flashing. Kelski was always competitive and willing to spice up training with a little competition. And for some reason, this man was making her crazy aware of him and the needs of her body. There was no reason multiple drives couldn’t be addressed in the same course of action.

Kelski

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Dessarian on August 29th, 2019, 7:26 pm

In Dess's eyes, the day they found the tower had been the turning point between them. Until then, he had kept much of his secrets from Kelski. Dess had thought he was protecting her from her own past, but he wasn't. He was maintaining a stone wall that stared her in the face every day. Walls from the inside made one feel secure and safe. From the outside, walls were cold, unfriendly and uninviting. If anyone deserved, had earned the right to get inside his walls, it was Kelski. His redeemer, his healer, his benefactor, his Kelski.

On that day back in early summer, when Dess began to share about her family and his, the Kelvic's own defenses softened. It was as if some affinity was already there between them, latent, just waiting for them to open up to one another so it could manifest. From then on, they slowly grew closer, in a way Dess found unique. Friends but not friends, family but not family, that strange familiarity worked slowly to pull them together.

Time alone with her was scarce. Kelski worked tirelessly to craft her jewelry to support them, while Dess worked with the others to develop their little homestead into a self-sustaining guild. But the musical respite she and Rhaus shared seemed to put Kelski in a mood to indulge herself, and in turn open up further to her Damazar companion. Dess welcomed it, even though he found her revelations boldly direct and uncensored. But coming from the Kelvic, it all seemed...natural.

The Damazar had indeed enjoyed looking at Kelski's body, Dess just hadn't expected her to welcome his eyes on her. The Sea Eagle's curious body markings were not startling to him. He had seen their earliest appearance on Kelski as an infant. They were slightly different back then, just as a fledgling eagle is marked different from her mother. Dess felt Kelski's body was uniquely her, which only made her svelte figure more desirable.

They were not so different, really, in their thoughts about one another. Kelski just voiced hers honestly. Dess had entertained similar thoughts about Kelski, what it would be like to be with her, what her body would feel like against his, even what she would look like with his child in her womb. But human nature had compelled him to keep such private thoughts to himself. But Kelski was not human, and Dess realized he could to be a little less human so that he could be closer to the Kelvic.

Kelski was a good running partner, She was fit, and the ease by which she ran proved it. They had run on the beach before, when he was still weak. But his strength had returned, and his long stride and strong lungs meant Dess could keep up with the vibrant Kelvic and converse as well. So he began to share his own thoughts.

"I like you being this open. Its not what I am used to, but I hope you won't stop." He paused, trying to lay aside human inhibition to meet Kelski where she was at, to try to express his feelings as well. "I want to be open with you too. I did look at your body, and I think it is beautiful and incredibly desirable." Wow, it felt good to tell her that. "You are marked differently than when you were a baby, but they are very becoming on you." He flashed her a smile, then looked again to the treeline ahead of them. "I like touching you too, but I have been careful when I do. I know you have not been treated well by other men. I don't want you to see me like them, so I don't get too forward. But I am glad you like it. I like it too...a lot. Though, you have to realize, sometimes when we touch, like up there in the tower, you stir up things in me...mating things." He tried to be tactful, though Dess didn't really think the Kelvic required or wanted tact.

He found it odd in some ways to speak so frankly with Kelski, yet a part of him was grateful that he could. "And, well, I have thought of it too, what it would be like being with you." Dess confessed. "And making babies? Well, there are ways to try to prevent it, but there is no guarantee. We can cross that bridge when we get to it." He encouraged with a small grin.

Letting his reply linger, Dess leaped over a limb and tried a tuck and roll, rolling on one shoulder and coming up onto his feet again. It was not a perfectly smooth execution, his feet hitched a tick to get the pace of his jog back. "We can take our time, Kel. I want a family, sometime, and I had always thought I would have one with you. But its a good idea to get closer first, to know its what we would both want."

Dess's glances at Kelski and her body became more and more conspicuous as they ran. He found watching Kelski's trim body in motion to be very pleasing, He could see the lean muscles of her bared abdomen flex as she ran, her ribs appearing slightly against taut ivory skin as she took each deep breath. Strong legs and firm rump, their contour visible in her snug leggings, drove her forward tirelessly. The physical attraction between them was unmistakable, even stronger for him after their frank conversation about their bodies and sex.

But Dess knew there could be challenges if they became intimate. The Kelvic bond could call even stronger in physical relationships, he had learned from his family. Not that he would not be opposed to bonding with Kelski. But it would expose what Kelski saw as broken about her.

He looked at her, smile flatter, eyes piercing and intent. "Kelski, what you call broken in yourself, I believe it can be healed. That is what this place is about, healing and new beginnings. If we are meant to be, we can work through anything." It may have sounded naive, but Dess was sincere. Just like Kelski, when he had his mind set, he strove to reach what he desired. "And I have believed since I held you in my arms as a child that you and I would be together, in some way." That may have been the deepest revelation to share.

The border of the forest loomed before them, and they paused. While Kelski kept her body in motion, Dess paused to stretch his legs. He listened to Kelski's proposal, and a wry grin touched his lips as his cerulean gaze fixed on the Kelvic. It was a wonderfully tantalizing plan. "Alright, you're on!" He agreed.

Looking into the forest, Dess sought a suitable finish line for the first leg of their race. "How about a short one to start out." He pointed into the woods, where the ground rose gently to several out rock outcroppings about a hundred yards away. "See that crooked tree, in between those three big rocks? First one there." Dess announced.
Dessarian
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kelski on August 29th, 2019, 8:30 pm

There were always noted points in relationships that happened unexpectedly and unplanned. As Kelski ran alongside Dess, speaking openly and listening to his own open speech in return, something softened in her. Something tense and coiled and afraid relaxed. Her smile brightened even more and her body became more flexible. The sexual tension the pair of them seemed to generate dispelled and she felt suddenly and wholly at ease with him. It was an odd feeling, like peeling back a bunch of layers on an onion that had encased her tightly in a way that had been stifling. Line after line of worry and wonder fell away.

She wasn’t crazy in her thinking. She wasn’t imagining things. Her body wasn’t treacherous and betraying. It was reacting to what it sensed in him, reciprocating what she felt in herself. And if Kelski was honest with herself, it was liberating. The whole conversation was freeing. When she had told him she’d trusted him, that had been true to a point. But now she realized, completely, that what she’d been saying had honestly been what she’d been feeling though she hadn’t realized it until now… not really… not consciously.

“I wasn’t meaning right now, Dess.” She said, drawing out his name in a strange almost Lhavitian accent that made her grin awkwardly at him before she half yelped and leaped a small stream that came up out of nowhere. She danced sideways, slightly losing her balance before she found her stride again. “I just… sometimes I feel things and think things that make no sense. You are human. I should hate you, distrust you, and yet all I want to do is be around you. Your presence comforts me, and I think about you often when I’m working. Sometimes I catch a hint of your voice, something with your scent, or see you carrying something like one of those training dummies from my tower windows… and I can’t get you out of my mind for bells. My body warms and awakens around you like it should not. Because you’ve made no advances like that.” She added, not grateful nor ungrateful, just factual in her speech.

“I call myself crazy many times because of you. But its good to know I am not. Things will come or they will not. There is so very much work to do here… so very much. I agree there is no rush. I am not trying to push something, only put words out there between us so there is no guessing. And I am glad you allow me to speak to you so openly. Most humans would not. I am also grateful to know you will share knowledge with me if the circumstances arise. I think myself smart, but in chains you are sheltered and there is only so much I know about that free people take for granted.” She said wistfully. Sexuality was one of them. She had experience, but it was an ignorant limited kind of knowledge with her.

Kelski blew through a thick patch of ferns and ducked a low vine maple tree that was trying to start its own stand in the big timber. “It is so very comforting to know things are not so much different with you thinking about me.” She offered, smiling at him, then grew more serious.

“You hide so much. I think it is trained in you because you do so effortlessly. I’ve seen you take in shocking news and carry grave wounds and yet nothing shows across your face. But here, between us, you are letting me see you. I know you do not have too. Thank you.” She added, wanting him to know she knew he had abilities beyond her and a will to use them when necessary.

The pair of them were like two deer in the woods, twisting and turning in the bigger girthed timber. Sometimes their voices would raise and lower, depending on if their race took them closer together or further apart. And Kelski was proud that both of them held back, pacing themselves. She knew it meant they could stay out longer, playing…. were they playing? Yes, she decided, they were playing.

And she thoroughly loved it.

Kelski wondered if they could make it their own special game… to blow off steam. Dess was carrying a beast of a weakness too. The man was barely recovered from what she thought was fairly close to death before she met him. Yet he’d been pushing himself day in and day out since they got here, building this, supervising that… he knew more about running estates than she did. But his presence had freed up so much of her time to spend at her lap wheel bringing in an income.

“Thank you… for more than your openness. Without you here, with your knowledge, I would be struggling. It would be far harder running the Demesne without you seemingly being everywhere at once. I notice you do this, knowing where to give a hand, add more firm direction, and even help the people here prioritize. It gives me time to work. I noticed it, Dess… You will be a big factor as to why we succeed, if we do.” She said, giving him the credit he deserved and not minding at all. To her, life was a thing people needed to lean on others to survive. If she hadn’t found him, things would be vastly different… and not in a good way.

While she was strong and fit. It hardly seemed fair. “I keep forgetting you held me as a child. I hope I was a good baby.” She added, laughing lightly because it must be even more weird for him that here, she was grown in just a few short years. And with her, she only knew him through faint memories – mostly of his voice and scent – that were so faded they were not shocking like his sharp memories of her must be.

He was wise not to rush things. Kelski knew that instinctually. And truthfully, she felt no hurry with it. The urgency for her had been the talk, the airing of sensations, and the reassurance that she wasn’t just making something up in her mind due to her loneliness. It was freeing knowing she wasn’t crazy. And now she could openly run for him with his eyes on her and it lit a fire in her that felt good, warm, and inviting. It made her run with her back straighter, her shoulders more set, her legs stretched. Kelski had never shown off for anyone before, but it was admittedly a crazy new sensation knowing someone was admiring you and wanting to look good to them.

He even mentioned her brokenness could be worked through. Kelski was fairly sure he wouldn’t have said it that way if that wasn’t what he thought. He hadn’t denied anything was wrong with her. He hadn’t said he could fix her. He had believed her and reminded her what The Emphyreal Demesne and The Merakai were about. That was, moreso than anything else, what she needed to hear. He made no promises, no outrageous claims, and instead just offered reassurances about fate – something Kelski firmly believed in.

So, she watched him in turn, noting how he moved in the woods and how he picked out where to land his feet. Dess had a balance the Kelvic couldn’t hope to achieve. Men were not, in her experience, graceful… yet he was. She could learn so much from him just studying his motions and the way he made decisions… any decision just not which path to take threw the heavy trees. He would be a good dancer too, she decided, and her body warmed at the thought of dancing with him.

She almost forgot they were only racing 100 yards. Yet here she was more focused on the conversation than on winning Dess’ short distant goal. The Kelvic hissed suddenly, irritated at herself, because she decided with all that bare chest showing she wanted a reward of being able to touch it. But the distraction was enough, just two yards short of their goal with both of them suddenly getting serious about the first leg of the race, that she missed a big gnarled root sticking up in her footfall path and went down abruptly. She hit her knee, skidded forward, and was up again before a true and proper running wreck could happen.

But it was enough to let him pull ahead to the goal before he could even realize she was almost down. She pulled up short alongside him, a breath behind, and hissed in irritation because she had so wanted to win in that last instant. “I’ll get you next time. My mind needs to learn to focus and not be so occupied on what you have said.” She whispered, irritated, and used the momentary pause to blow a moment, catching her breath.

When he’d claimed his prize, she’d pick the new path. “To the stream… a longer distance. It lies through the woods in that direction.” She added, knowing they were close to a pool in the stream that she liked to visit and coax fat trout out into her beak. She would gesture then, and take off running, determined to win this leg.

Kelski

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Dessarian on August 30th, 2019, 6:06 pm

Dess was immensely grateful for the solitude of the old forest, away from the bustle of the settlement, with nothing in sight but trees around them. Feeling as if they were the only two people in the world helped him feel free to speak unhindered. Physical exertion too helped, something about the spirited competition that loosened the strings of the tongue and heart.

As they ran through the rough terrain, Dess absorbed and then began to process all that Kelski shared. It was a bit humbling, to find out how much of an impact he had on her. The knowledge that such strong feelings were mutual could have created an awkwardness between them, like two friends finding the whole dynamic of their relationship turn upside down with confessed attraction. But it wasn't like that with Kelski. It just felt... like it was suppose to be that way. There was a relief, and a confidence, once they spoke their truths. It was out there, and they could move forward together.

Nor did her confession tarnish his respect or admiration in any way. In Dess's eyes, Kelski was not a city to be conquered, or a treasure to plunder. She was a rare wine to be savored. In the season or so since he had been with the Kelvic, Dess had marveled at her. Some thought Kelvics to be simple minded, human animals, all instinct and base thoughts. Kelski was anything but. Her Kelvic nature entwined with her humanity in complex ways, light and dark, strength and weakness, courage and fear, intellect and instinct, sensuality and distance. Dess looked forward not only to exploring Kelski physically, but to sift through the unique things that made up her spirit and soul.

Dess vaulted over a fallen log, noting that his breathing came just a little harder. He had been a good patient in Sunberth, yet since they arrived at what would become the Demesne, he had worked as if fully recovered. But when physically taxed, he still did not feel full strength. Dess did not like it one bit. Talking helped him forget his temporary shortcoming.

"I was raised to keep secrets, we all were, until it was second nature. It made it very difficult for me to share anything, because our existence depended on our ability to remain unknown. I often had to pretend to be someone I wasn't. I...have never talked to anyone like I have to you this season, and especially today. And its not because you are K'etir. Its because you are you. Just...something about you. And honestly, its lonely keeping secrets and hiding feelings."

He glanced again at Kelski, admiring how she used her whole body to overcome obstacles and propel herself forward. Not like a clunky machine, but like a well tuned instrument, each muscle applied in force as needed to gain every inch of ground. It was even more impressive than seeing her soar on drafts of warm air over the bay.

But her eyes had become intently fixed, and Dess looked to find their focus. The finish line. He had almost forgotten the race. He smirked to himself, still healing or not, Dess was going to give this first race his all. It was short and he may not have a chance to beat the Sea Eagle on the next leg. He thought about toying with Flux to give him a boost, but that was poor form. So the Damazar steeled his will and drove his body harder.

Dess scrambled upward as they drew closer to the bent tree, neck and neck. A large rock appeared before him, and he kicked off of it to propel himself ahead. Then Kelski was gone. Dess spared a fleeting glimpse back to see her stumble, and his step faltered as he wondered if she was hurt. But a tick later the mage was on her feet again, and with teeth gritting, Dess reached for the tree and grabbed hold of it.

He panted heavier than he wished, but he didn't try to hide it from the Kelvic as he leaned against the trunk of the tree. He stifled a grin at her explanation, but he knew she was right, he had to push hard just to pull ahead when she stumbled. Then he remembered the game. He could claim a prize. Dess looked at Kelski. His mind raced with suggestions, for she had left the nature of the winner's boon wide open. He could ask anything, but with all that she had told him, there was enough to ponder and consider already. The prize would be obvious and one that occupied his interest the most. A grin slipped across his lips.

His finger reached to gently rest under her chin, then he leaned in to press a kiss to her dark mouth. It was light, but it lingered, just enough to taste her full lips. Stepping back, he could not conceal his smile, but he made no big deal. Having claimed his prize, Dess looked towards the next goal as Kelski described it. He liked winning in this game, and would strive to gain the next prize and build upon his first trophy. No sooner had Kelski announced the new finish line than she was off, while Dess was musing on the memory of the woman's lips that his mouth. The he launched after her, running up a fallen log deftly before leaping off and landing next to her, hitting the ground running.
Dessarian
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kelski on September 3rd, 2019, 3:27 am

When Dess spoke, Kelski really listened. He gave so little of himself up in his usual speech, so when he became more open, she saw glimpses of his life that painted slivers of images which formed bits of his world. She couldn’t help but wonder how different her life would have been growing up in his reality. If he held her as a baby, then that meant he was close to her parents. He was trusted by them… right? How was it that he came to hold her as a baby and do all the things he claimed he’d done like change her naps and brush her strange hair?

Growing up in his world, would she be more like him? Stoic? Reserved? Would she be like she was now anyhow? Kelski’s mind drifted - within Dess’ pauses – contemplating the age old issue of nature verses nurture. Dess’ nature was so different from her own, but then again he wasn’t a K’etir. Was her family more like her? Or was her family more like his? A million questions roamed through the Kelvics mind as they ran. She let them distract her thoughts and pull it away from the very real presence of him running beside her.

The Sea Eagle desperately wanted to know what secrets he kept. What secrets did their families guard? Were their family’s people she would be proud of, or were they people she would loathe? He took on personas? Was this man running beside her the real man or was it another persona? Kelski glanced over at her partner and wondered how easy it was for him to assume roles. She knew all about roles, wearing collars, submitting to other people’s wills when all she really wanted to do was rip out their throats. But she said nothing, thoughts streaming through her head lighteningly fast. The anger in her rose suddenly, abruptly, and she tamped it down hard. It had no place in her life here. It always came when she had thoughts of being helpless, living a life not within her control.

There would be time to discuss such things later, maybe, if the time was ever right. Dess certainly was in no hurry nor did she think if she won any of the legs of the race would he answer her straight. And that made her rethink her affirmation that she trusted him. Did she really trust anyone truly? She searched her small short catalog of friends and truthfully none of them were a firm yes. Anja had betrayed her about the ghosts, though she suspected he was clueless about the whole thing. Djinn she barely knew. Vasin was very focused on his own needs and his own dreams. In fact, most of the humans she knew were like that. And she firmly knew that most of the people that had come along or settled in the Demesne were here for shelter, employment, and protection.

Suddenly, the Kelvic felt very lonely.

Until she thought of Gilthas and knew… finally, that there was one person she could trust. He was a strange immortal man, but he had stepped into the role of her father and she was grateful for it. The thought so distracted her that she stumbled, flailed, and came up short winning that portion of the race.

The Sea Eagle wasn’t fated to win this leg of the race though and pulled up panting slightly, eyes watching Dess’ reaction to his win. Would he gloat? Would he…

He did none of what she expected. Instead he panted and grinned, and she knew he forgot for a moment there was a prize involved. She saw the minute he remembered and laughed a little trying to lighten her mood until his finger tilted her chin upwards and he stole a light lingering kiss.

Dess was a gentle man. Kelski could tell by the way he kissed. And it surprised her because usually men, when given the opportunity to take something – took it with force or arrogance. But his prize was softly claimed and left Kelski feeling confused because she’d expected to face arrogance or at least over confidence, and none of either was present. And at the kiss, she expected to feel lust or pleasure, but her brief thoughts just before her stumble had soured her mood. In fact, it probably looked like she was a sore loser, for the reaction she had to his kiss was something she had to grab ahold of and restrain. For what Kelski wanted was to take a bite out of him in frustration and ill temper.

What had she expected? Some upwelling of emotion that tsunamied through her body and made her instantly fall in love with a complete stranger she was just getting to know and having to believe based on blind faith? Obviously, she’d been listening to too many tales. She’d been letting her waking dreams carry her away. Dess was only a man. He wasn’t a savior. He wasn’t the answer to her unhappiness and loneliness. And she was a fool. The anger surged up in her again and this time she let it carry her forward.

And so the Kelvic ran. She ran like a pack of wolves was after her. She ran without looking back, darting around obstacles and leaping over fallen limbs and twisted maple. It annoyed her when he ran up a fallen log and landed beside her running. Kelski should have had a head start. She crossed between up thrust stones and ducked beneath thorned brambles that looked like they’d been growing in the woods a thousand years – so big were their leaves. She ran until her wrapped braid came loose and snapped behind her like some black and white braided tail.

She ran so wildly that sometimes she didn’t duck fast enough or dodge lithely enough and things hit her. The Kelvic welcomed the sudden whip of a snapped back sapling or the pain of a bark burn from not dodging around a tree well enough. She was a good runner and a decent fighter, but her acrobatics were lacking. And she was foolish, letting the anger grip her like it did. She ran almost blindly for the stream, thinking she could win because she was strong, fast, inhuman. They were traits she admired, especially the inhuman part. And that arrogance surrounded her, rose up, and got in her way in the very end because again she stumbled – this time over her own feet – and when she should have passed him easily enough she fell.

Punching at the ground, she surged up again, her palms as dirty as her knees where she tried to catch herself, and followed him into the little dip in the ground that housed the hidden stream. He got there first, fueling her fury, and when she arrived, to cover her anger, she bent to wash off her palms and the mud on her face catching her fall with her hands had brought on. She left the loamy soil and bits of pine needles on her knees because to her it was a symbol of her foolishness.

She fought the anger back, trying to rein it in before she looked at him. “Best two out of three?” She questioned carefully, trying to not let a single ounce of emotion show on her face. Down at her side, her fist slowly closed, clenching. What in the world was she doing here? She was playing a role. It was just as he said.

Kelski

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Next