Closed Chance meetings

(Kamilla) Kamilla and Finn meet at the commons

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Syka is a new settlement of primarily humans on the east coast of Falyndar opposite of Riverfall on The Suvan Sea. [Syka Codex]

Moderator: Gossamer

Chance meetings

Postby Finn Reefdiver on September 3rd, 2019, 6:54 pm

Finn thought Kamilla was joking when she questioned ‘big momma’ but he quickly realized she was actually quite serious about it. Surprised by the fact that she didn’t know more about current events in the bay or maybe he was just more attuned with the surroundings waters. Regardless of his lack of ability with Laviku’s seas around them, he still took a personal interest in the waters and the secrets they held. “Big momma is the rogue shark that has been patrolling the bay and stalking the shallows all summer. You haven’t heard even a little about her?” He answered as he stepped through the water.

Once they trudged through the water to the ship and placed her items down on deck, he turned back toward the woman, with a look of discomfort on her face that made him finally remember Kamilla’s dislike of the water and he instantly regretted making her wade out to the ship. As she extended her hand to him, he accepted it as he stepped slightly closer to her as he simply reached down and put his hands around her waist. He helped the woman up and out of the water until she could simply set on the edge of the deck while he gave her a guilty smile. “That a little better now I hope?”.

He lingered slightly longer at her side as he set his hands against the back of the boat and leaned heavily into the boat until it moved slightly and gave him the simple assurance that it wasn’t beached on the sand below before he climbed up past her onto the ship as he made his way to the front of the ship where he grabbed the anchor line and started to pull on it. The ship started to inch forward as he slowly pulled the slack out of the line while he quickly coiled it into a neat little bundle. Finally he felt the weight of the anchor at the end as he slowly hoisted it off the seafloor and the ship started to slowly drift out to sea with the outgoing tide. After he set the anchor on top of the bundle he turned around and leaned against the deck rail to find Kamilla in her familiar spot on the deck, perfectly centered away from anywhere near the water.

The gentle sway of the boat as it drifted out put him at ease as he quietly muttered a simple prayer so the couple could have a safe day at sea. Although it was a calm day at sea, he closed his eyes gently from the salt spray as a wave broke against the hull directly below him and splashed him. Without forewarning of any kind this time, she stood before him with in a long dark dress as the breeze gently lifted strands of her long hair off her bare but darkly tanned shoulders. She stood there with a hand on her hip as she pushed it out to the side, her stance perfectly balanced the rolling of the ship in stark defiance of the waves that crashed around them. Full ruby red lips smiled back at him as long dark lashes rimmed beautiful brown eyes, the smallest flecks of gold glinted from the center as he was quickly lost in those eyes.

A small smile crossed his face at the sheer vividness of his vision after it had passed, one of the many wild mysteries that seemed to inhabit the tropical city he now called home. As his thoughts returned to him, he realized where he was again. Embarrassment wasn’t something he normally felt at all, nonetheless at that moment he felt strangely embarrassed for his loss of self control and that he allowed himself to succumb to the vision so easily. He sheepishly glanced at Kamilla and wondered if she noticed but couldn’t tell, but the fleeting feeling was lost as he cleared his throat. He hoped that tending the sails would give him a moment to regain his composure as well as get them underway.
Finn Reefdiver
The voice of the sea, speaks to the soul

Words: 92174
Joined roleplay: March 17th, 2019, 2:03 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Chance meetings

Postby Kamilla on September 12th, 2019, 11:47 am

Kamilla Circe Gordon

Now that she was safely out of the water and in the center of the small ship, Kamilla eyed Finn seriously. Big Momma. A shark lurking around the Syka waters. Brown eyes searched the surrounding waters as if she'd be able to spot the shark that she'd only just learned of. How had she not heard about it? What if she'd gone swimming and had been attacked? Of course that was a ridiculous 'what if' because she couldn't swim. Either way, Finn had still willingly encouraged her to wade into the sharky waters knowing the possible dangers. It was unlike him, she thought.

"And you willingly lead me into the water despite having this knowledge?" Her tone was somewhat accusatory but she doubted she'd been in any real danger, she'd come to know the svefra as level headed and certainly not reckless during their short trip to Syka. Surely, if not concerned for her safety, he wouldn't have risked his own by wading into the water if he thought the shark could appear at any moment. "I'm going to assume you had a good reason for being so nonchalant…"

Her gaze returned to his, having been searching the sea during her little speech, but it was clear that his mind was somewhere else as he gazed past her and into the distance, a vacant expression on his face. "Finn? she prodded, curiously.

Getting to her feet to face the tall svefra, Kamilla placed her hands on her hips, patiently awaiting the svefra's return, which came only ticks later. "I'll admit, it is nice to be on the sea again, relaxing… enjoying the cool breeze. Got something on your mind? A short pause, "My claim is that way, by the way, just beyond the far end of the beach." She pointed helpfully in the direction of Treasure Point, eager to see her land claim from the sea.

Taking a seat in her safe spot again, wringing out her wet skirt a bit, despite enjoying the cool dampness, Kamilla casually stroked Yennefer's back, enjoying the soft purrs she was getting from the feline. "So, you said you had work for me?" She held a hand out expectantly, eager to begin. "Also, you wouldn't happen to know anything about construction would you?" She doubted it, afterall he had grown up on the ocean, but it was worth asking about.

Words: 412

Kamilla
Magical Mistress

Words: 592212
Joined roleplay: November 16th, 2014, 5:52 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Syka Seasonal Challenge (1)

Chance meetings

Postby Finn Reefdiver on September 15th, 2019, 2:54 am

Kamilla’s accusations hit him quickly and caught him completely off guard, although normally he would defend his actions like any Svefra however he no longer felt that need with her. With the time they spent together, it would take much more than a simple accusation to bother him however the fact he may of caused her discomfort was what actually bothered him. Momentarily he thought on her remarks as he tried to discern what seemed to be the problem. He looked at her sincerely as he questioned her “I don’t understand Kam? I checked for the shark before the water was ankle deep, I really don’t think we were in any danger.”

The sound of his name as she called him, he figured she had noticed his daydreaming as he thought a little more on where the visions came from. His voice came out hoarse as he replied “Yes…”. Grateful that she didn’t push further on the subject as it gave him a tick to collect himself and to pull his focus back to the present.

“You know I love the sea so I will always agree with those statements.” He answered but intentionally didn’t directly answer what was on his mind to give him time to decide if he wanted to discuss it with her. He followed her hand as she pointed toward Treasure Point, he quickly set about the ship and set the sails to pick up a little wind before he turned the bow in the toward Kam’s new home. He switched between the sail and the wheel until the ship started moving forward, his mind churned with thoughts about his strange visions, where they came, and most importantly why he was getting them. He really hadn’t decided that he wanted to talk about them but he wondered if the mage’s knowledge in magic might be able to make sense of where he hadn’t. He wondered if he could keep the conversation away from the more vivid and gruesome images he saw and imagine.

“Yes, let me get it from below” He answered as headed into the cabin below them, he raised his voice to talk with her while he changed and gathered some of his older clothes. “Never really had much need for construction until recently. Definitely could lend my hands for help if needed but don’t know anything about it myself.” He returned to deck with a small pile of clothes that needed mending that he set down neatly beside her and Yennefer. “And thanks for the help, let me know what I owe you for it.”

He headed back towards the sails as he decided that he really wanted any insights she might have in regards to the summer’s strange visions. Checking sails and the wheel seemed like a good excuse to busy himself as he talked with her and control his reactions. “You asked what was on my mind and to be honest, I have been having strange visions most of the summer or I just noticed them this summer. Not sure if they are actually visions, day dreams, or maybe just flashes of images at times. Some of them are quite nice while others have been downright gruesome. I hope you may have some insights with your knowledge, have you heard about anything like this before?”

Not sure what to make of it all himself, he waited for her as he adjusted the sails to garner more speed out of them. Treasure point slowly neared as he talked, he really didn’t care if they moved faster or not but the beauty of Syka still often amazed the young Svefra. “Treasure Point is certainly a sight isn’t it.”
Finn Reefdiver

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Chance meetings

Postby Kamilla on September 21st, 2019, 1:26 am

Kamilla Circe Gordon

Hearing, and seeing, Finn's response to her question made Kamilla realise how outlandish the accusation must have sounded, though in her mind, the svefra had misunderstood what she had been trying to say. She knew, or rather doubted that after all they'd been through together, that he would willingly put her life at risk, she trusted him afterall, her concern was that despite his good intentions, how could he have possibly known without a doubt that the shark was nowhere nearby. Surely, a shark beneath the water's surface would be tough to spot.

She sighed, communication wasn't always easy, "I just meant… how could you be sure? Do you know something I don't?" She smiled in amusement at her own question, when it came to the ocean, she was completely certain that the svefra new tons of things that she didn't.

He disappeared beneath deck for a moment, returning with the clothes he that needed repairs, Kamilla already having retrieved her sewing kit from her bag. The pile was small, two maybe three garments, she was disappointed in herself for not bringing her mending wand, but then, if people discovered she could mend clothing with the literal flick of a wand she was certain she'd be expected to earn less. "That's unfortunate, but not a real problem. I suppose it was foolish of me to ask a svefra about construction… I plan on ordering some furniture from Riverfall later in the season, perhaps you could help me ferry some from the Syka docks to my home once it's built?" She hadn't thought about it before, but it seemed like a very helpful service that he could provide. "I'll pay of course, as for me mending your clothes, this relaxing day on the sea will suffice." She threw him a smile before turning her attention to a pair of worn brown trousers with a few small holes.

It took surprisingly little effort to thread the needle with the appropriate coloured thread, given that the boat was rocking back and forth. She wasted no time in getting to work, pulling the needle and thread through the pants at the sight of the first hole. She decided on using a simple cross stitch for the smaller holes, forming a cross before pulling the thread taught to close the hole.

"Visions?" She stopped her sewing to raise an eyebrow in his direction, "I've never heard about anything that could cause strange visions beyond an overactive imagination, but the fact that you're telling me means it's something unusual for you. What kind of things are you seeing?" She was particularly curious about the gruesome images, but she wouldn't say so. "Has anyone else in your family ever mentioned having visions?" Honestly, she had no clue as to what the cause was? Perhaps he'd just been spending a bit too much time in the Syka sun, or he'd been eating something unusual? She wouldn't ask though.

Now preoccupied with Finn's odd confession of visions, Kamilla couldn't only nod in agreement as they reached Treasure Point, her eyes observing the look of the shore from the sea. She could already see the tip of her mountain claim beyond the beach. It is… my claim is just a bit further."

Kamilla
Magical Mistress

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Syka Seasonal Challenge (1)

Chance meetings

Postby Finn Reefdiver on September 22nd, 2019, 4:07 pm

Finn pondered the questions posed by the mage as he tried to understand. Did she not understand how the simple mark that resided on his shoulder work? He had lived with his mark all his life and relied on it more than he realized to be sure but it was a part of him and his life always, could the answer be as simple as that? Except that it had been a gift of Laviku himself, he had never questioned how it worked but his simple faith knew that it would. Some day he hoped Laviku would honor him further but he would need to somehow attract Laviku notice once again. He looked down to find the mark had moved up his shoulder towards his neck considerably and he gently brushed a bit of sand or dried salt off it with the tips of his fingers while he asked. “Oceanus lets me get a glimpse into the sea around me when I allow it amongst other things, is that what you mean? I don’t even think about it normally”.

After he handed his clothes for mending over to Kamilla, her comments about his own construction ability was completely on track although he knew many of his Svefra brothers and sisters were quite adept at it. The implication didn’t bother him but the fact that she seemed to think she had to pay for his help did, he never had thought about it before but now it felt quite wrong to him. He answered with a big grin “I will gladly help, just let me know when but I don’t need to be paid unless you object to a friend helping you?” Kamilla might not be a svefra but he never minded helping others when he was still in his pod, Syka wasn’t much different anymore as he watched the brunette mend the holes in his clothes.

Kamilla’s initial response was just a touch of surprise but he found his own story incredible so he couldn’t blame her about it but he could almost feel those brown eyes of hers boring holes into his back. The conversation quickly became much easier than he had hoped it would, her tone seemed more inquisitive than accusatory so when she started asking further questions.
“I never remember having anything like this before, besides normal dreams when sleeping anyway. Not something that I heard about from anyone in the pod either, I can’t say exactly when they started but only it is something new in the last few weeks.”

Finn took a deep breath and exhaled quietly as her last question was the last thing that he never wanted to answer to anyone let alone Kam. Finished with the tending of his sails, he pulled out a fishing rod and started to run the line through a hook, where he wrapped it around his finger and wound it around the line several times before he finished the knot by feeding the open end under the loop and tightened it as he talked and carefully chose his words. “They seem to be from opposites sides of the spectrum, from exhilarating to gruesome but all are very vivid in the details and completeness. Usually people or places that I have visited before at some point.” He intentionally left out that it almost always involved Syka and the Sykians as he doubted it would help their conversation.

He lashed the wheel and walked to the rail where he tossed the line into the water so it could drag behind the boat as the sailed along as he watched Treasure Point near. He looked but had trouble making out where the land she pointed at actually was. “Not seeing your plot easily, but it will have a nice view when done. Have to build you a firepit on the beach or a trail into the forest to find it.”
Finn Reefdiver

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Chance meetings

Postby Kamilla on September 30th, 2019, 10:47 pm

Kamilla Circe Gordon

Still mostly focused on the task at hand, mending Finn's very perforated trousers, it took Kamilla a while to register what the svefra was saying about his gnosis mark. According to him, they were never in danger because the ocean tattoo gifted him the ability to sense things in the surrounding waters, somehow. The thought of such an ability interested her, plucked at her curiosity. How far could he 'sense' things? What was the smallest thing he could sense? Did he have to be in the water to make use of the ability?

It seemed as if gnosis marks were even more miraculous than they originally seemed and Kamilla was beginning to lament the fact that she hadn't been blessed with one at birth. Though, it mattered little to her now, instead of being gifted limited power by a God, she'd gathered and earned power of her own through sheer hard work and determination. The thought filled the mage with a very satisfying feeling of pride.

"No, I would not object to help from a friend…" She began, ending with a small but genuine smile in the svefra's direction. It was odd, she thought, because she did indeed consider the tall blonde man a friend. As someone who'd had next to none thigh put her adult life, it made her feel both glad and uncomfortable. When he mentioned his family and pod, Kamilla's mind was filled with a flood of new questions about the dynamic between svefra pods and actual families within those pods. Also, could svefra change pods? We're pods made up of relatives? Did they track their lineages to ensure no inbreeding occurred? Her throat itched distractingly and begged her to voice her questions, but she managed to hold them down, instead realising that what Finn was saying was somewhat relatable, in a way.

"Now that you mention it… I have been experiencing some odd behaviour of my own this season, though not the same as yours, the other symptoms are. For one, it's definitely a spectrum… I…" She paused, both her sewing and her words, frowning slightly as she tried to organise her thoughts into something that would make sense when spoken out loud. "I want to know everything about everyone. Every person I pass, I feel like I'm being urged to ask them about their lives, childhoods and homes. Something that, for me, is very out of thr ordinary. Sometimes I can barely contain myself, other times I can't." The more she spoke the more she realised how bizarre her sudden curiosity and Finn's daydreams were. Was there something in the water in Syka?

Mystery aside, Kamilla was glad to see the peak of her mountain come more and more into view as the casinor rounded Treasure Point. "You won't be able to see it yet, it's everything from the beach to that small cliff. I'm going to build it's entrance in that dark hole in the cliffside." Of course she hadn't created the hole exactly, only widened it during a time of need, but it didn't matter. Her fingers continued to pull the needles and thread through the material of the shabby trousers. So far she'd repaired about four holes and was beginning to wonder if it wouldn't simply have been better for him to purchase some new ones.

"Done."

Words:572

Kamilla
Magical Mistress

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes