OOC Info Autumn 519 AV Character Registry

Register here if you're going to be playing in Lhavit this season!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

Autumn 519 AV Character Registry

Postby Luminescence on September 1st, 2019, 5:50 pm

Welcome to Lhavit!

If you're going to be playing in Lhavit this autumn, then don't forget to register here first! If you have any questions, requests, or concerns, then please don't hesitate to shoot me a PM. :D

Name: The name of your PC.
Brief Description: Give me a 2 or 3 sentence description of your character.
Profession: What does your PC do for a living (or want to do)?
Length of Stay: How long is your PC going to be in Lhavit?
Goals: Is there anything you want your PC to achieve or improve upon this season?

What's Something You Look For in a Thread Partner?: Be as specific as you like.
Is Your Ledger Up to Date?: Yes or no; if no, how many seasons are you behind?
Goals: Is there anything you as a writer want to improve upon, and if so, do you want/need any assistance?
Willing to Guest Moderate?: Yes or no!
Need Moderator Assistance?: Are you going to need my assistance with anything? If yes, please give me an idea of what that is.

Comments: Anything else you want to say, either to me or your fellow writers.

Code: Select all
[box=500,#000000,#90965d,#ed8a78][b]Name:[/b] The name of your PC.
[b]Brief Description:[/b] Give me a 2 or 3 sentence description of your character.
[b]Profession:[/b] What does your PC do for a living (or want to do)?
[b]Length of Stay:[/b] How long is your PC going to be in Lhavit?
[b]Goals:[/b] Is there anything you want your PC to achieve or improve upon this season?

[b]What's Something You Look For in a Thread Partner?:[/b] Be as specific as you like.
[b]Is Your Ledger Up to Date?:[/b] Yes or no; if no, how many seasons are you behind?
[b]Goals:[/b] Is there anything you as a writer want to improve upon, and if so, do you want/need any assistance?
[b]Willing to Guest Moderate?:[/b] Yes or no!
[b]Need Moderator Assistance?:[/b] Are you going to need my assistance with anything? If yes, please give me an idea of what that is.

[b]Comments:[/b] Anything else you want to say, either to me or your fellow writers.[/box]
Luminescence
Allow me to light the way

Words: 717627
Joined roleplay: January 13th, 2018, 2:05 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)

Postby Jomi on September 2nd, 2019, 9:31 pm

Name: Jomi
Brief Description: Jomi is ghost with a mean streak and complicated feelings towards servitude. He’s undergone some major life changes at the end of last season and I’m excited to see how he turns out.
Profession: Madeira’s indentured servant(?)
Length of Stay: Probably forever
Goals: Jomi was dusted at the end of summer and has spent a couple days in the new Insidious realm. So my new goals for him is to manage his severe PTSD and salvage whats left of his relationship with Madeira, also to attempt to find out more about Insid.

What's Something You Look For in a Thread Partner?: Someone that is comfortable moving the plot and who can forgive my modest posting pace.
Is Your Ledger Up to Date?: Yes
Goals: I I need to work on the more emotional aspect of my writing, and general grammar. If anyone has some constructive criticism I'd be happy to hear it!
Willing to Guest Moderate?: No
Need Moderator Assistance?: I might need permission to learn facts about the Insidious realm.

Comments: I'm back to regular posting and looking forward to another season with you all! :D
Jomi
One more day would have been nice

Words: 234471
Joined roleplay: April 11th, 2017, 7:55 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Dev'Ania on September 2nd, 2019, 9:49 pm

Name: Dev'Ania
Brief Description: Dev'Ania is a kind, strong-hearted Konti living in the city to further her fortune-telling career, and meet a potential mate.
Profession: Fortune-Teller
Length of Stay: Permanently
Goals: Do all of my past goals that were never completed!

What's Something You Look For in a Thread Partner?: I don't really have any specifications as to thread partners!
Goals: Setting aside more time to write daily and coming up with fun threads to do that will develop my PC more.
Willing to Guest Moderate?: No, thank you!
Need Moderator Assistance?: Finishing up past moderated threads.

Comments: I would love to thread with you this season! Visit me at my shop and have your fortune told :)
Dev'Ania
The Future Awaits

Words: 137250
Joined roleplay: November 21st, 2018, 11:41 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Madeira Dusk on September 2nd, 2019, 11:01 pm

Name: Madeira Craven
Brief Description: A spiritist and a mother with lofty ambitions and enough baggage to topple an okomo. She’s kind and generous and does not have your best interests at heart.
Profession: Spiritism professor for the Dusk Tower
Length of Stay: Forever
Goals: Move some of her personal plots along, including the character drama going on with Jomi, one with the NPC Rothsam and another with the NPC she’s attempting to seduce. Finally reach DATS for Cordas and maybe Illusionism. Flesh out her relationship with her children. Get in trouble with Lani. Make Zach and Pluckett’s lives miserable. Visit Dev’s new business. Give Allister a belly rub. Rule the world.

Out of character I’d like to try and rope as many other characters as will have me into some kind plot or story. I’d like to interact with every character in some sort of meaningful way this year.

What's Something You Look For in a Thread Partner?: Nothing specific. If you have a pulse and love to write we’ll get along just fine. <3
Goals: Write more. And write with a more consistent voice. Break down my goals into more manageable bite-sized lists and use my plotnotes page as more than a skill tracker.
Willing to Guest Moderate?: Yes
Need Moderator Assistance?: Not with anything new. Thanks for putting up with all my crap, Lumi. <3

Comments: Happy Fall!
Madeira Dusk
long may she reign

Words: 1599220
Joined roleplay: October 11th, 2016, 7:45 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (3)
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) Lhavit Seasonal Challenge (1)
2018 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Pluckett on September 4th, 2019, 10:30 pm

Name: Pluckett
Brief Description: A ditzy young musician who loves to perform.
Profession: Musician at The Scholar's Demise
Length of Stay: Many seasons to come, hopefully!
Goals: Working on more skills, and getting to know more people. Maybe a successful hunting trip this time around. Start writing more music.

What's Something You Look For in a Thread Partner?: Someone who gives a lot to work with.
Is Your Ledger Up to Date?: Yes, I think; the income is still tentative until the job threads are completed and awarded.
Goals: Have more thread partners this time around! Feel free to drag Pluckett into your adventures or PM me to start a thread together. I'll try to send out PMs to others that register to find some threads.
Need Moderator Assistance?: Nope!

Comments: I'm excited for Pluckett's second season in Lhavit!
Pluckett
If I cannot fly, let me sing.

Words: 37194
Joined roleplay: May 4th, 2019, 7:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ennisa on September 8th, 2019, 3:21 pm

Name: Ennisa
Brief Description: Ennisa is a chirpy young woman, with a general desire to do things in her own way. Mostly, she's a morally ambiguous gal, with a few nefarious plans up her sleeve.
Profession: Nothing, currently, though I will make sure to apply for something (once the idea springs to mind)
Length of Stay: For a good, long while I would say.
Goals: This season, I would like to kick-start the beginnings of one of the nefarious plans mentioned above. It involves thievery, plotting, and a hecka lot of guilt. This season is all about training and skill-building to get to an appropriate level.

What's Something You Look For in a Thread Partner?: Someone who's forgiving? :ninja:
Is Your Ledger Up to Date?: Yes, jus' started. :)
Goals: Mostly everything, I guess? Writing scenes, as well as character interactions that make sense. Also, varied emotions.
Willing to Guest Moderate?: Not at present.
Need Moderator Assistance?: So far, the only thing will be a job.

Comments: I will probably be fossil-worthily slow. Probably best to avoid me until I stick around for a few months and know that I won't disappear on y'all.
Sharai | Shinyama | Zintia (home) | Tenten | Sartu (work)
4-6, Dawn Rest | 10-12, Noon Rest | 16-18, Dusk Rest | 22-24, Midnight Rest

Ennisa
Miss Chievious

Words: 261967
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2019, 11:05 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Zach Grasswind on September 9th, 2019, 11:15 am

Name: Zach Grasswind.
Brief Description: Zach is a Drykas who has come to Lhavit to forget about the traumatic loss of his Strider. He is growing fond of Lhavit now and really starting to make connections with people - something he only just realised he desperately needs.
Profession: He is a hunter for the Jugged Hare, and a member of the Hunter's Guild.
Length of Stay: Indefinitely.
Goals: Continue work on hunting + associated skills. Join in the city plots and keep working on those relationships!

What's Something You Look For in a Thread Partner?: I'm really not a fussy thread partner, but I do appreciate someone who gives me things to respond to action-wise in their posts.
Is Your Ledger Up to Date?: Yes as far as living expenses go.
Goals: Grammar I think! And posting speed.
Willing to Guest Moderate?: No.
Need Moderator Assistance?: Just to finish the quest, ty Lumi <3

Comments: Excited for another season! Let me know if anyone wants a reckless hunter thrown at them :D
Zach Grasswind
What’s a tree?

Words: 193110
Joined roleplay: August 9th, 2018, 12:56 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Lani Stranger on September 18th, 2019, 5:30 pm

Name: Lani Stranger
Brief Description: Meet Lani, a black-eyed, gold-skinned, half-breed. One of her hobbies is studying languages. She is a sucker for flattery, challenges, and friendly strangers. Her favorite sin is lust. She hates gratuitous violence and tortured pasts.
Profession: Scribe (Pending)
Length of Stay: Until further notice
Goals: Honestly, I just want to give her some good stories. I am working on a plot to strengthen her ties with the Twilight Tower, and then I want to break her into some sneaky-stuff. Exactly how, what, and why? I don't know yet, but we shall see.

What's Something You Look For in a Thread Partner?: Playing your character accurately is quite impressive to us who don't know them inside and out. We all have been there where we are like "This is going to make her look like an idiot, but she really wouldn't do anything else.... okay." I love those moments. And vice versa, there are some plots that you get into and realize "Holy crap, this is what my character was built for!"
Goals: I employing a new tactic this season. When I sit down and write up three solos because I can't seem to do anything in portions, I am not going to immediately post them. Taking a day and reading them later for editing is my new personal writing goal.
Need Moderator Assistance?: Just the job stuff, and the murder mystery. Thank you!

Comments: :D
Lani Stranger
Wanderer

Words: 697231
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2014, 11:48 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)
Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1) Power Fork (1)
2018 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Baiya on September 26th, 2019, 4:40 pm

Name: Balla
Brief Description: Baiya is a lonely Kelvic girl ignoring her loneliness by enjoying life's simpler pleasures.
Profession: Hopefully masseuse at the Starglow Spa (Pending)
Length of Stay: The foreseeable future
Goals: As a character, I don't have many goals for her yet. As a writer I would really just like to flesh out Baiya. That mostly means getting into her head and perhaps under her skin to find out what motivates her and how she interacts.

What's Something You Look For in a Thread Partner?: Someone who isn't afraid to communicate is a big one. Poke me if I'm slow, message me if you have wild ideas for a plot that just might work, let me know if I overstep boundaries.
Is Your Ledger Up to Date?: Yes!
Goals: My main goal in joining is just to increase the amount of time per day that I use to be creative. I'm a creative writing minor in school, but my output is horrible (I struggled to make the 500 word requirement per week last semester!). So all I want to do is have something I enjoy that will motivate me to sit down and write everyday. So far, so good! :)
Willing to Guest Moderate?: Not yet.
Need Moderator Assistance?: As far as I know, just with the job.

Comments: I'm going to try to do 3 partner threads at a time until I'm sure I can handle things, so message me if you want a spot. I'm free as a bird right now!
Finals season has completely drained me of writing. Please stand by.
Baiya
Player

Words: 50485
Joined roleplay: September 26th, 2019, 6:32 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Fabell on September 30th, 2019, 12:48 am

Name: Fabell Asan Selban
Brief Description: A quiet young man new to the city, literally "fresh off the boat", looking for new experiences and opportunities to hone his craft.
Profession: Trained from childhood as a musician storyteller in both the skill of flute and verse, Fabell is relatively inexperienced but passionate.
Length of Stay: For a season, unless he cannot find solid work (in which case he will move on). His goal is to take 5 years or so and make his way back to the desert, although plans don't necessarily always follow the same timeline...
Goals: His only goal is to meet people, to share in their lives, and to discover more about himself. He hopes to find a mentor who can help him understand more about his craft and possibly the practices of local people, but if not, he is happy.

What's Something You Look For in a Thread Partner?: Casual, passionate, forgiving, and often challenging. Especially someone who is looking to up his or her game; I'll reciprocate and challenge back. Brave.
Is Your Ledger Up to Date?: Yes; I'm new. This will be my first season.
Goals: Mostly with regards to the lore of the world. I have three jobs IRL, and it's hard to find time to write and keep up with the vast library of lore Miz has to offer. It's exciting but a little daunting. I'm not looking to become more powerful or gain more skills or any of that nonsense, only to find a healthy medium of writing, make some friends this season, and get more comfortable with the city and the culture.
Willing to Guest Moderate?: No (I am way too new to even offer)
Need Moderator Assistance?: Only with making sure I'm not making claims that are outlandish. I'll try to write mostly internally with that sort of thing, and from a specific POV (third person limited) so I don't screw anything up, but my heart is in world-building and it flows out of me naturally (which I often need to clamp down hard in PbP groups).

Comments: I'm new to Miz and would love to RP with you! Don't take it easy on me. No pain, no gain... I am a little busy though (IRL I have 3 jobs, 2 kids, and a lovely and powerful wife...), so I won't be able to do more than 1 thread at a time.
Fabell
For in true love music doth sweetly dwell

Words: 11145
Joined roleplay: September 12th, 2019, 9:13 am
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Next