Hi from Colorado (US)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Hi from Colorado (US)

Postby Terra Rosamond on October 25th, 2019, 9:48 pm

Hi everyone my real name is Kenzie, though my characters name is based off my daughters name Tyra (pronoused (teer-a) but i decided to spell this characters name differently because most people think of Tyra Banks for my daughter and I don't want to always be having to explain how to say this characters name though it would add a good amount of sass to her personality.
Any who I am new to this type of roleplay, I have normally done things such as wild horse or mythical horse type store lines. I'm wanting to try something new and i happened upon this forum. It looks fun and I've spent the past 2 hours looking at all the different information before I made this profile.
I decided to do with the Drykas, because they are horsemen/women and (big surprise) I love horses.
So I have all of that figured out and I've looked into starting her character sheet but that's very intimidating and I'm not totally sure how to start that, and how to pick her skills and such. I have a general understanding I think but I am not 100% sure. could someone help me with that maybe? I understand my character should have the horseman skill and the rider skill, but like..... I don'y know i'm still rather confused about that.
Then I am don't know what to do after I have gotten her character sheet done.

So I suppose this is both a "hello" and please "help".
http://www.mizahar.com/forums/post547463.html#p547463
Terra Rosamond
Player

Words: 4167
Joined roleplay: October 25th, 2019, 9:35 pm
Race: Human, Drykas

Hi from Colorado (US)

Postby Ennisa on October 25th, 2019, 9:53 pm

Hello Terra, I am far from the best helper, but as a starter I would probably start with: who is Terra Rosamond? You say you think she would be a Drykas. Have a good read of the lore article for the Drykas and see where your idea of who your character is would fit in.

Take a look at open cities and see which one you think would suit your character. Think about how they might have got there.

Then, once you have your character concept, you will have a better idea of what kind of skills to take.

Also... don't get too overwhelmed. :) there is a lot of information, it would be impossible to read it all at once. And finally - welcome to Miz! :thumbsup:
Sharai | Shinyama | Zintia (home) | Tenten | Sartu (work)
4-6, Dawn Rest | 10-12, Noon Rest | 16-18, Dusk Rest | 22-24, Midnight Rest

Ennisa
Miss Chievious

Words: 261967
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2019, 11:05 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Mizahar Grader (1)

Hi from Colorado (US)

Postby Mayhem on October 25th, 2019, 11:01 pm

Hey Terra! The quickest way to get help is to join the Discord chat. It's free to make an account. Then we can answer all your questions in real time.

Otherwise, have you read your welcome PM? It contains links to all the guides with specific info on how to create your character.

Mayhem
Syliras
Lore * Registry * Starting Guide
Mayhem
that's Grandmaster Mayhem to you

Words: 23436
Joined roleplay: August 26th, 2019, 2:25 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Hi from Colorado (US)

Postby Terra Rosamond on October 26th, 2019, 1:21 am

I guess my biggest worry is that there is so much to all the backstories and such of each race. I have looked at the lore for them, and I have an idea for her backstory, but I’m worried about going against the cultural confines. I guess easily put I’m everything is so detailed and complex I don’t want to do anything wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
http://www.mizahar.com/forums/post547463.html#p547463
Terra Rosamond
Player

Words: 4167
Joined roleplay: October 25th, 2019, 9:35 pm
Race: Human, Drykas

Hi from Colorado (US)

Postby Luminescence on October 26th, 2019, 1:32 am

Welcome, Terra! :) I actually have a friend with that name hehe, it's very pretty.

Ennisa and Mayhem both gave some solid advice, however I will also caution you to be mindful when looking at the open cities. If you want to play a Drykas due to your love of horses (something many people here share!), I imagine you will actually want your character to have a Strider, and not all of the currently open cities are horse friendly simply due to the terrain/climate. (Syka is a jungle, and Lhavit and Wind Reach are located on and in a mountain respectively).

As for doing things wrong, I wouldn't worry too much; the lore can be a lot to take in, so by all means, do take the time to read the Drykas lore page over a few times, since it's easy to miss things. But you're more than welcome to ask questions either here or in Discord, and if you do make any mistakes on your CS, the character sheet liaisons are there to help out, and will point out anything that needs to be fixed. The learning curve for the lore can be steep, and it's perfectly normal to make mistakes when you first start out.

I look forward to seeing you around, and if you have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask!
Luminescence
Allow me to light the way

Words: 717627
Joined roleplay: January 13th, 2018, 2:05 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)