Summer 520's Featured Thread Is...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

IC News travels slowly in Mizahar. Fortunately there is a constant stream of news from around campfires, from caravan to caravan and from merchants to merchants. Within this forum lies the best of the best of this talk. Also, within this forum, OOC news from the staff and players can be found. This forum requires all posts to be 'approved' by a Founder before they are displayed. So if you post within, be patient. Your post did display - it simply will not show to everyone until approved as actual 'news'. Please keep all Introductions, Status Updates, and various other discussions in their appropriate forums and leave this area for game news!

Postby Gossamer on June 13th, 2020, 5:27 am

Flash of the Blade
By Shiress, Caspian, and Ambrosia.

Marino Oceangem wrote:
The start of this thread is explosive to say the least, and it keeps that momentum throughout. It is clear from the first post that these characters are more than just familiar with each other, they are family, and they are under threat from a foe with substantial resources.

To further complicate matters, Shiress takes a serious injury that sparks everything off. It leads to some thoroughly emotional moments for all of the characters involved as they struggle against the fact that everything seems to be spiraling out of their control. It is hard to pick any one moment of this thread that is my favorite, but if I had to choose, it would be Ambrosia kindly walks Caspian through killing one of their assailants. I won't go into detail, because I want everyone to read it for themselves, but lets just say it is a memorable moment.

All in all, it is a fantastic thread, and the writers did a great job of illustrating how things can go from cozy to hectic very fast. Throughout there is real fear for what these characters are having to endure. Add to that fact that Shiress is very pregnant, an a clear, present history between the characters and you've got a thoroughly engaging story from start to finish, even if the thread isn't completed quite yet. It is certainly something I will be keeping an eye on in the future as I just have to know what happens next.

**special thanks to Marino for stepping up and recommending a Featured Thread.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Marino Oceangem on June 15th, 2020, 1:22 pm

Well deserved Shiress, Caspian, and Ambrosia! I'm looking forward to the next installment, and all of the ones to follow.
Marino Oceangem
Player

Words: 243562
Joined roleplay: February 8th, 2020, 5:33 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Onaona on June 18th, 2020, 11:33 pm

Finally got around to reading this. I love reading threads with characters who have actually, complicated relationships with each other. This was an awesome read, thanks guys! Well deserved recognition.
Onaona
Player

Words: 41677
Joined roleplay: October 12th, 2017, 3:09 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets