PM to join Fair Trade

Earning a favor

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

Fair Trade

Postby Reverrsoi on April 17th, 2021, 2:55 pm

6th of Spring, 521 AV

The building that lay before him was not by any means awe inspiring. It could be generously described as humble. With a short and stout layout and a low wall out back hardly tall enough to keep the children in, The Northern Star was not exactly the fanciest building in Avanthal. But at that moment, Reverrsoi felt it to be the most intimidating thing he had ever laid eyes on.

His fur and thick skin meant that he rarely felt bothered by the cold, but he pulled his coat tighter around his body anyway as he shivered in its shadow. He had heard that Klarra Snowsong worked in The Northern Star. Not just that, but she was one of the best storytellers the hold had, with a flair for the dramatic. She sounded like exactly the type of person he was looking for. And yet upon arrival, he was suddenly not so sure.

He was lucky, then, that the decision was made for him. A young Vantha, no more than four years old, pushed past him on the way into the school.

"Excuse me!" The toddler declared loudly, as if it made up for the fact that he was shoving. "Got to go to school."

Reverrsoi cringed at the broken Vani. Was that what he sounded like? He couldn't live with that forever. If the little one had the courage to go learn, then his full-grown ass surely could muster it. Folding his wings behind him, Verrs ducked beneath the doorway and pulled himself into the building.

The wave of noise hit him almost immediately. The children were playing for the moment, and seemed to be using some kind of building blocks that were supposed to be stacking, but instead made a wonderfully cacophonous sound when they hit the ground. Verrs flinched. "What have I gotten myself into?" He mumbled.
Reverrsoi
Player

Words: 15097
Joined roleplay: February 2nd, 2021, 4:18 pm
Race: Akvatari
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes