[Verified by Gossamer] Bandin Everdance

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Bandin Everdance

Postby Bandin Everdance on May 16th, 2021, 12:38 am

Bandin Everdance

Appearance

Race: Human
Birthday: 60th, Winter, 499 A.V.
Birthplace: Sunberth

Appearance:
Bandin was blessed with a masculine, youthful charm--a round, smooth face, and wavy curls. His eyes are a cerulean green. His cheeks flushed with a cinnabar, forge-touched warmth.

Character Concept

Neutral and good, for the most part. Morally bendable, generally happy and friendly. Not a do-gooder and not a villain. Driven forward by the need to feel something--everything, at least once.

Character History

His mother ran off. Maybe it was an early onset of midlife crisis, maybe it was just a combination of wanderlust and a lack of parental responsibility. Regardless of what it was, Bandin ended up in the care and eventual employ of his aunt.

Ruth Everdance was no stranger to being abandoned herself. Her husband, a weaponsmith, had gone missing following a series of strange and shady business deals. She would've starved after his disappearance, had she not buckled down and dedicated herself to her husband's former craft. Ruth had learned just enough to get by with him gone and to get better as she went; eventually, many would say she became better than her wayward spouse had ever been.

So, knowing what it's like to lose someone to their own misguided actions, Ruth took her sister's boy in. She taught him a trade. She tried to keep him out of trouble--and that worked, for the most part.

Sadly, and to Ruth's disappointment, her nephew and adoptive son was affected by the same wanderlust as his mother had been. He couldn't settle down to the life of a simple tradesmen, not so early. Nor did the idea of being permanently tied to any gang in particular catch his fancy. He just wasn't a joiner.

Besides getting into the regular hoodlum-like trouble of any Sunberthian youth and paying for some training with a glaive, Bandin's general life wasn't overly exciting. It just wasn't enough for him. Things were getting stale.

One day, on a day like any other, really, a bearded figure entered his aunt's shop. Decked in fancy armor, Bandin knew right then and there that it'd be likely than any work this man would need done would be beyond him and very much left up to his guardian.

"My boy, do you know where I can best repair a blade?" the man had asked.

"We can do that."

The bearded man had looked reticent. "I'm not sure. I was surprised at all it broke. I spent quite a bit on it. I've asked a few smiths, but none of them were up to it."

"My aunt isn't here," Bandin said. "But I could take a look and let you know."

"I'll likely just need a recommendation, if you have any. Whose the best smith in town?"

Bandin was curious now. "What exactly did you need done?"

The man eyed him curiously, perhaps a bit suspiciously. In the end he relented and placed the wrapped package he was carrying upon the shop's counter.

He unwrapped the blade slowly. It was a beautiful thing, outshining even the man's armor. Yet it was cracked asunder.

"What did this?" Bandin asked.

The boy reached out to touch the cracked edges. There was almost a faint hum to the metal.

His heard pounded. What was the buzzing? He could almost hear something. It couldn't be magic? If it was, then this man was in danger and he might not even know it yet.

Bandin wanted to warn him, even still, he couldn't stop listening to the faint sounds coming from the blade. Almost like a song.

The man squinted at Bandin. "Do you hear something, boy?"

Bandin pulled back suddenly. He didn't like the man's tone; it was a bit too interested. "No--I."

The boy quickly changed the subject and, as much as he loved his aunt, he was honest with the man in explaining that he didn't think she could repair such a fine weapon adequately.

Something really odd had happened. From that day on he could feel weapons as if they were alive, faintly at first but even more over time. When he forged he could watch as new life was shaped into existence; it made the act of creation an almost religious experience.

Bandin told no one of this new skill. Not even his aunt. Magic wasn't welcomed in Sunberth.

The boy would eventually set out on his own, for his own adventure. Skipping from caravan to caravan, he tried to find answers to just what he'd uncovered. Ultimately he came to understand that he'd unwittingly encountered a weapon that was less than average and that had taught him that not all blades were dead, lifeless things.

Drawn to adventure, Bandin would eventually come upon the small settlement of Syka. Where he sought to further his craft and become a part of something new, different, and exciting.

Language

Fluent Language: Common.

Skills

Skill EXP Total Proficiency
Blacksmithing 15 RB + 11 SP 26 Competent
Business 3 XP 3 Novice
Glaive 18 SP 18 Novice
Interrogation 4 XP 4 Novice
Observation 5 XP 5 Novice
Socialization 5 XP 5 Novice
Vorilescence 21 SP 21 Novice

Lores

Sunberth: Layout
Vorilescence: Some Weapons are Different
Syka: The Layout Of The Common Core Area
James Chaliva: Mannerisms and Appearance
Syka: Purpose Of A Tenday Gathering
Jungle Wilds: Dangerous With Lots Of Predators
James Chaliva: Youngest Daughter Dead Named Veronica
Juli Chaliva: Runs The Mercantile
James Chaliva’s Daughter, Syka: Things Required Need Build – Like Buildings
Syka: Money Means Next To Nothing
The Founders: Give Loans To Newcomers
Syka: No Restaurants
Syka: Has A Tavern
Syka: Has An Inn
The Protea Inn: Location
Syka: Housing Options
Syka: Dress Code
Syka: A Smith Needed
James: Will Send For Ruth
Syka: Frowns On Slavery
Syka: Has No Ore Source Naturally Occurring
James: Network of Svefra Contacts
James: Founders Will Float A Loan With A Written Business Plan
Syka: Velispar Are Real – Brief Life Cycle Knowledge
Verusk: Half Velispar Half Human
Syka: Paper Doesn’t Survive There
Syka: Filled With Ruins
Syka: Mage Friendly
Syka: Pre-Valterrian City Location
The Communal Forge: Location And Appearance
The Communal Forge: The Way It Operates
The Communal Forge: Want List Ledger
The Communal Forge: Ran By Artik
Artik: Appearance, Drunkard
The Totem Statues: Kihala’s Gift
The Totem Guaridans: How To Spot One, They Control The Statues
Randal: Flirt and Playboy
Randal: Does Most Of The Settlement’s Building
The Cobbled Pathway: All Spurs Off The Path Are Clearly Labeled

Possessions

1 Set of Clothing
-Simple Shirt
-Simple Pants
-Simple Undergarments
-Simple Cloak
-Simple Boots
1 Waterskin
1 Backpack which contains:
-Comb (Wood)
-Brush (Wood)
-Soap
-Razor
-Balanced Rations (1 Week's worth)
-1 eating knife
-Flint & Steel
-Glaive
-1 large tent (4 person)
-Large tarp
-100 ft of rope
-Lantern
-2 torches
-Bedroll
-Blanket
-Fishing tackle & hooks

Heirloom:
Aunt's Forging Hammer: A mundane hammer, given to him the day he left to set out on his own. Old, but trusty, and quite a fine tool.

Housing

House: Tent in Syka.

Ledger

Purchase Cost Total
Starting +100 GM 100 GM
Glaive - 8 GM 92 GM
Horse and Saddle Bags Cashed In + 250 GM 342 GM
Living Expenses (Common) - 135 GM 207 GM
Kalvikasi Sculpture (Wooden, Excellent Quality, Offered to Laviku) - 25 GM 182 GM
Challenge Award + 1,000 GM 1,182 GM

Thread List

Flashbacks:
[Flashback] Awakening: Part 1
(Flashback) To the Sound of Music
[Flashback] Kendoka Sasaran: Of Unnatural Grace
(Flashback) Of Seabeasts and Moonlight
(Flashback) The Ironworks: Of Fire and Alloy - Part 1
(Flashback) The Ironworks: Of Fire and Alloy - Part 2
(Flashback) The Ironworks: Of Fire and Alloy - Part 3
(Flashback) The Ironworks: Of Fire and Alloy - Part 4
(Flashback) The Ironworks: Of Fire and Alloy - Part 5
(Flashback) Kendoka Sasaran: Of Reaching for Grace
Current:.
(Gossamer) Welcome to Civilization
[Tazrae] Of Inns and Exploration
Last edited by Bandin Everdance on May 16th, 2021, 10:39 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Bandin Everdance
"The part of me that's you will never die."

Words: 95339
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2021, 9:16 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet