[Onix's Scrapbook] 'lo, the deep blue!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Onix on May 22nd, 2022, 5:25 am

What are some of my goals?

Skill-wise, it's fairly straightforward.

• Competent Coral Manipulation
  • Competent Aquiculture OR Savenging
  • Competent Wilderness Survival
  • Higher secondary skills
  • Gain Foraging
  • Related lores

Plot-wise, unsure, but I've come up with some ideas during rounds of Rainbow Six Siege.

• ICly establish where his home is at, and build it. Shake a bit of the writing dust with something simple but new.
  • Try to sell something. He left under the pretenses of being in a trade caravan, why not keep it up? I'll have to find or make some sort of scavenging table
  • See what kind of plant-life is around nearby, what kind the locals eat, and what they might be interested in, food or otherwise.
Onix
Where are the wild things?

Words: 12826
Joined roleplay: April 8th, 2022, 2:53 pm
Race: Charoda
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Onix on May 22nd, 2022, 8:44 am

A few starter edible sea vegetation... I have links for each of these, but I can't post them yet, so I'll hold onto them. Added links.

x Appearance Name Description
Image Kombu An brown algae, kombu tastes best aged for two years, giving the vegetable a more aromatic, richer flavor. They are most often harvested in the summer season for their flavor and richness in nutrients. (Thyha)
Image Nori A sea lettuce that can range from brown to green to purple to black, nori is known to be very fine and soft with an intense flavor. It is most often found and harvested in the autumn, and is rich in protein and vitamin A. (Ignacio)
Image Sea grape Closely resembling regular green grapes, sea grapes are a type of algae that range slightly in color from light to dark greens. They have both a sweet and salty taste, with a crunchy and succulent exterior. Sea grapes are jam packed with vitamins and health benefits such as anti-aging, nourish and strengthen bone, relieve constipation, and improves skin and hair. (Shahi, Jaron)
Image Wakame A deep green or brown edible seaweed that contains fucoxanthin, which is a compound that has a few medicinal and nutritional properties. It tastes briny and slightly sweet. It is low in calories and fat, while rich in carbohydrates, protein, and a multitude of vitamins and minerals. (Staughton)
Last edited by Onix on June 19th, 2022, 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Onix

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Onix on June 19th, 2022, 8:59 am

It's taken me a small minute to figure out an idea for one of Onix's past lives, but all I had to watch was John Wick. Great movies, love Keanu Reeves, and it really got me thinking - John Wick was a man of extreme anger and violence who became a man of (relative) peace, only to be forced headfirst back into hell. What if he never had that taste of peace, and had only continued to descend deeper into that darkness? Who would be the person left?

My answer to that came from a previous show I had watched, Marvel's Hit-Monkey on Hulu (fun, TW: gore and extreme animated violence, spoilers ahead). One of the villains in the show is Lady Bullseye (Bullseye was busy with Daredevil at the time). This woman is death. Before we even know her name, we watch her walk through life killing as if it was getting a drink of water. She never said a word, hardly opened her mouth during her entire introduction, yet every single person who caused that irritated pull in the corner of her lip was doomed. They could have been doing something as simple as their job - one woman was killed after a small, routine mix-up and after offering complementary drinks at a bar. It was completely and utterly psychotic, wrathful yet precise, flawless and terrible.

What if that sort of person were suddenly thrust into the mind (similar to Akalaks, always thought that was an interesting concept) of a kid who has not only never known violence, but is actively pacifist, as well as everyone else he knows? Suddenly privy to each other's thoughts and actions. Evalynn had an interesting idea - a two-way connection, rather than just one. I thought it was a great idea, and an interesting way to force Dra'Kel to have to be vulnerable to the judgement of his polar opposite, and the other way around. As Dra'Kel is the past life and simply an addition to Onix's story, I didn't want to give him too much of a spotlight or control over the narrative, and so I'm thinking I'll steal the dreams idea, and alter it a bit. I won't reveal how exactly it'll work, but I've got a great idea for it that I'll roll with.

My goal with this is to get Onix out of the pacifist mindset, but for a reason. I have a dual-arc in mind for him and Dra'Kel.
Onix

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Onix on June 19th, 2022, 6:32 pm

Was it really all a dream?

Code: Select all