OOC Info The Syka Character Registry - Summer 522 A.V.

Please register here if you are playing in the city this season.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Syka is a new settlement of primarily humans on the east coast of Falyndar opposite of Riverfall on The Suvan Sea. [Syka Codex]

Moderator: Gossamer

The Syka Character Registry - Summer 522 A.V.

Postby Antelokes on June 16th, 2022, 12:53 am

Character Registry
  1. What is your name?: Antelokes
  2. Who are you? Be as lengthy as you'd like.: Blacksmith and devoted Azenth with just one season of experience in Syka. Curious and ambitious, with a distaste for lies and underhandedness.
  3. Are you a resident or tourist?: Resident
  4. Tell us one dream your PC has for the future.: Become a priest of Ivak.
  5. How do you plan on supporting yourself?: Working as a blacksmith, with the intention of eventually starting his own business.
  6. What would be considered your PC's absolute dream best day?: A productive one. He would be able to solve work and social problems, and ideas would flow easily. The kind of day that leaves you satisfied and exhausted by the end of it.
  7. What one aspect of your PC do you really want to explore this season?: His moral code. What he thinks is right, what he’s willing to do, and why.
  8. Does your PC have any goals this season?: Learn alchemy, build a home/business.
  9. If you were here last season, what skills did you work on and why?: Mostly tradeskills as a way to contribute to the settlement, along with several miscellaneous skills like unarmed combat.
  10. Tell me why you chose Syka? What are some of its good aspects? What are some of its drawbacks?: As a setting Syka has built in mystery and tension due to the environment and the location’s history. There are also a lot of fascinating PCs and NPCs here from a wide variety of backgrounds. It is somewhat difficult to explore the full breadth of the setting, but this feature has a purpose.
  11. Is there anything you'd like to see changed or improved?: Not at the moment.
  12. What does your PC add to Syka?: A dependable hand, a critical eye, and an honest voice. Plus, a sober practicing blacksmith.
  13. Do you have Wilderness Survival at Expert or higher? Y/N This means you are now a Sykan Ranger.: No
  14. Additional Comments?: Always open to write and collaborate! If you’re patient enough to put up with me, we’ll get along fine.
Antelokes
Player

Words: 122253
Joined roleplay: July 10th, 2021, 4:55 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Onix on June 19th, 2022, 1:50 am

Character Registry
  1. What is your name? Oni'Xai Lo'Xineicht
  2. Who are you? Be as lengthy as you'd like. A young, adventurous Charoda with a penchant for sticking his noseholes in places they do not belong.
  3. Are you a resident or tourist? Resident
  4. Tell us one dream your PC has for the future. To find something that will change the world for the better and make others more accepting of his people.
  5. How do you plan on supporting yourself? He can scavenge for food and make his own housing, he also has a fair bit of Mizas saved up.
  6. What would be considered your PC's absolute dream best day? Finding an underwater paradise, untouched by the landdwellers.
  7. What one aspect of your PC do you really want to explore this season? His pacifism in a violent and unsafe environment.
  8. Does your PC have any goals this season? Make human friends and his place in Syka.
  9. If you were here last season, what skills did you work on and why? Coral Manipulation, so that he can build himself homes to live in.
  10. Tell me why you chose Syka? What are some of its good aspects? What are some of its drawbacks? I choose Syka because it's a paradise-in-the-making for humans. Onix can see just how good, bad, and worse humans are when it comes to living, surviving.
  11. Is there anything you'd like to see changed or improved? Not particularly.
  12. What does your PC add to Syka? A man under the sea, to help with essentially anything water-related.
  13. Do you have Wilderness Survival at Expert or higher? Y/N This means you are now a Sykan Ranger. No.
  14. Additional Comments? I'm looking forward to my first full season!
Onix
Where are the wild things?

Words: 12826
Joined roleplay: April 8th, 2022, 2:53 pm
Race: Charoda
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Ialari Pythone on June 19th, 2022, 2:38 am

Character Registry
  1. What is your name? Ialari Pythone
  2. Who are you? Be as lengthy as you'd like. This is the most complicated question one could ask. I am an Isur, Master Domineer and broken in ways that are hard to quantify in an answer to this otherwise simple question. I am a poisoncrafter, philterer and world mage. I am a being of two worlds; the physical one and the Ukalas. Marked by a few gods, I am devoted to them and to my newfound home, Syka.
  3. Are you a resident or tourist? Resident.
  4. Tell us one dream your PC has for the future. My dream for the future is to become whole again. I exist with but a few pieces of a complete soul.
  5. How do you plan on supporting yourself? I contribute potions, ingredients and medicines to the Panacea. I also plan on expanding into offering Magecraft items to the settlement.
  6. What would be considered your PC's absolute dream best day? Meeting Izurdin in the flesh.
  7. What one aspect of your PC do you really want to explore this season? Learning more of her "humanity."
  8. Does your PC have any goals this season? To establish Magecraft in Syka.
  9. If you were here last season, what skills did you work on and why?
  10. Tell me why you chose Syka? What are some of its good aspects? What are some of its drawbacks?
  11. Is there anything you'd like to see changed or improved? Hard to say. Syka is constantly being changed and improved in some of the most amazing ways.
  12. What does your PC add to Syka? Crazy, previously-forbidden magic and a completely unique perspective on reality and existence.
  13. Do you have Wilderness Survival at Expert or higher? Y/N This means you are now a Sykan Ranger. Almost. I will have Expert hopefully by the end of the Season.
  14. Additional Comments? I am complex...dangerous, kind, knowledgeable and always seeking to grow and integrate into the settlement.
Remade In My Dominion!

Character Sheet

Granted Flashback Threads between 510 and 512 by Tarot.
Ialari Pythone
I'm Poison.

Words: 923994
Joined roleplay: August 13th, 2009, 3:26 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 7
Mizahar Grader (1) Trailblazer (2)
Overlored (1) Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Askalynn on June 26th, 2022, 1:01 am

1. What is your name?
    Askalynn Bowsahr!
  2. Who are you? Be as lengthy as you'd like.
    A young Kelvic trying to find her place in the world, of course.
  3. Are you a resident or tourist?
    Resident.
  4. Tell us one dream your PC has for the future.
    Making meaningful connections and establishing herself in the area.
  5. How do you plan on supporting yourself?
    There's plans of initially just coasting by and seeing how things function, but searching for work is definitely on the table!
  6. What would be considered your PC's absolute dream best day?
    A warm summer evening spent conversing with friends, just to end it on a high note with some good food and drinks.
  7. What one aspect of your PC do you really want to explore this season?
    Honestly, I want to explore a LOT. I want to see how a young Kelvic Crow is going to deal with being in such a cool and fun place which is definitely different from Riverfall.
  8. Does your PC have any goals this season?
    Absolutely. This season is all about getting herself established around here, much as she can.
  9. If you were here last season, what skills did you work on and why?
    N/A!
  10. Tell me why you chose Syka? What are some of its good aspects? What are some of its drawbacks?
    Honestly, I just think it'd be a good contrast for a lil' crow to be in a kinda-sorta tropical paradise of sorts. That, and practicing magic unbothered sounds really nice.
  11. Is there anything you'd like to see changed or improved? I'm new, so N/A!
  12. What does your PC add to Syka?
    HOPEFULLY she's going to add an unique experience when it comes to interaction with other player characters. I just hope to bring an interesting conversationalist in!
  13. Do you have Wilderness Survival at Expert or higher? Y/N This means you are now a Sykan Ranger.
    Nope!
  14. Additional Comments?
    N/A
Askalynn
Player

Words: 22899
Joined roleplay: June 21st, 2022, 1:19 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Rhydian Lamoze on June 28th, 2022, 1:30 am

Character Registry
  1. What is your name? Rhydian Lamoze
  2. Who are you? Be as lengthy as you'd like. I am an Eypharian that was essentially adopted by a Charoda once upon a time. My life hasn't been full of much else other than learning the basic skills required so that I could make it by in life. I specialize in wilderness survival in the forest and the ocean. Of course I love to swim in that vast ocean as well!
  3. Are you a resident or tourist? Resident!
  4. Tell us one dream your PC has for the future. One of the many dreams that Rhydian has is to become one with the ocean. It is for this reason that the majority of his life is surrounded by the influence of the ocean. This much explains his job, his adoptive mother, and of course his love of swimming.
  5. How do you plan on supporting yourself? I am hoping to support myself as a Pearl Diver!
  6. What would be considered your PC's absolute dream best day? Best dream day? Every day is a dream day when you're at the beach.
  7. What one aspect of your PC do you really want to explore this season? Learning more about this new thing with the gods.
  8. Does your PC have any goals this season? Just to further develop their abilities in swimming and in wilderness survival!
  9. If you were here last season, what skills did you work on and why? N/A
  10. Tell me why you chose Syka? What are some of its good aspects? What are some of its drawbacks? I am new to the site and honestly it seemed to be my preferred out of the two most active settlements.
  11. Is there anything you'd like to see changed or improved? N/A
  12. What does your PC add to Syka? Hopefully some decent roleplay in addition to additional mercantile needs via his pearl diving and hunting.
  13. Do you have Wilderness Survival at Expert or higher? Y/N This means you are now a Sykan Ranger. Not yet but I am working on it. It is currently at Competent.
  14. Additional Comments?

Rhydian Lamoze
Player

Words: 132196
Joined roleplay: June 24th, 2022, 12:19 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Crylon Stonecraft on July 3rd, 2022, 12:11 am

Character Registry
  1. What is your name? Crylon Stonecraft
  2. Who are you? Be as lengthy as you'd like. Isurian Architect come to Syka to learn, build, and perhaps make a friend or two.
  3. Are you a resident or tourist? Resident currently.
  4. Tell us one dream your PC has for the future. Designing and building a all inclusive forge and crafting workspace for everything one might want to make.
  5. How do you plan on supporting yourself? Pending thread completion getting a job as an Architect
  6. What would be considered your PC's absolute dream best day? A day spent in the forge, crafting, building, making things. It calms him, gives him joy, and is a form of worship.
  7. What one aspect of your PC do you really want to explore this season? Want to explore his magic a bit, since he tends to focus more on his mundane skills of building and making things.
  8. Does your PC have any goals this season? Get architecture to expert, do at least one language thread towards fluent common, and work on some of his magics.
  9. If you were here last season, what skills did you work on and why? Mainly building/design related, pending job confirmation.
  10. Tell me why you chose Syka? What are some of its good aspects? What are some of its drawbacks? A burgeoning city, interesting locations, and a need for labor. Crylon feels there is a niche he can fill while also expanding his own knowledge and experience.
  11. Is there anything you'd like to see changed or improved? Nothing specific.
  12. What does your PC add to Syka? A craftsman, smith, designer, and strong arm.
  13. Do you have Wilderness Survival at Expert or higher? Y/N This means you are now a Sykan Ranger. N/A
  14. Additional Comments? Let me know if you want to thread, I respond faster to Discord Dm's, just let me know and we can figure something out and plot something.
Crylon Stonecraft
Player

Words: 679695
Joined roleplay: June 2nd, 2018, 4:26 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Thread (2) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby Inka on July 7th, 2022, 2:22 pm

R E G I S T R Y

Summer 522 A.V

What is your name?
Inka of Windreach
Who are you?
IC: I am a sister, a daughter, a twin.
Are you a resident or tourist?
IC: Tourist.
Tell us one dream your PC has for the future.
IC: Eventually, when I am stronger, I will go to Riverfall. I will birth a child for a man I do not love, so I can provide a life that my mother and brother deserve. I will shackle myself so that one day, we will be free.
How do you plan on supporting yourself?
IC: I have brought coin and had it converted on the way to this place. It is not much, but will find work in whatever way I can. I hope to find something where I can learn of local wildlife - plants and animals, especially birds.
What would be considered your absolute dream best day?
IC: I wake up in the arms of my husband, my soul mate. I am bonded to a Wind Eagle and we soar the skies, stopping for breakfast overlooking the mountains. We go back home, where I work the land, harvesting food from my garden. I begin my chores; the house smells like citrus and spice. My family comes to visit. Inda has started dating and helps me prepare the evening meal. We laugh and tell stories, and I am content. My husband joins us after working in the community and we dance by the fire until it is time for bed. My mother and brother return home after dinner, and I draw a hot bath. My husband and I make love and I fall asleep, safe.
What one aspect of your PC do you really want to explore this season?
Does your PC have any goals this season?
Primarily, she would like to earn money and secure housing, as well as find a proper job.
If you were here last season, what skills did you work on and why?
N/A - However, I would like to work on wilderness survival, herbalism, and swimming.
Tell me why you chose Syka? What are some of its good aspects? What are some of its drawbacks?
I created Inka some time ago, with the hopes that Riverfall would open back up, but have since decided that her story has been delayed long enough. I really enjoy her concept and am ready to write. I have been inactive, and will find a storyline, no matter where she ends up. I was foolish to think otherwise. I think the good aspects of Syka are the number of PCs here and the tropical setting. I think the settlement aspect and the fact it is sitting on an ancient research facility is very fascinating. I would rather not speak on any drawbacks, simply because I have no played here yet and do not want to put my foot in my mouth due to a lack of research on my part.
Is there anything you'd like to see changed or improved?
N/A
What does your PC add to Syka?
Inka is a generous young woman, eager to help with even the most mundane of chores. While weary of strangers and in the process of becoming more open-minded, she has a particular soft spot for outcasts or those society would be quick to overlook.
Do you have Wilderness Survival at Expert or higher?
No.
Additional Comments?I am getting my toes back into the water when it comes to writing, so be gentle. I am hoping to push myself out of this block and get to work.
Inka
Player

Words: 5531
Joined roleplay: May 13th, 2021, 3:33 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Larimar Waverider on July 31st, 2022, 8:09 am

Character Registry
  1. What is your name? Larimar Waverider
  2. Who are you? Be as lengthy as you'd like. A dreamer of a Svefra, Larimar tends to bounce from idea to idea as he pursues what fancies him at the moment. Being told he can't do something because he's not good or skilled enough to do it, is a guaranteed way to get him to do anything and ignite his curiosity about it.
  3. Are you a resident or tourist? Tourist for now, possibly a resident depending on how things go
  4. Tell us one dream your PC has for the future. To be the first to discover something wonderful.
  5. How do you plan on supporting yourself? By using his ship to transport people and goods up and down the coast. Otherwise making himself useful to find a job.
  6. What would be considered your PC's absolute dream best day? To wake up on his ship surrounded by sea otters. Spend the morning playing with them, the afternoon exploring some forgotten ruins with a friend and then coming out with something brand new he could show everyone.
  7. What one aspect of your PC do you really want to explore this season? His curiosity and willingness to learn and find new things. He's kind of a sponge right now, just soaking in what he can learn while away from his family.
  8. Does your PC have any goals this season? To get the means to be independent enough to go exploring alone.
  10. Tell me why you chose Syka? What are some of its good aspects? What are some of its drawbacks? The fact that the city is so new with the ability to discover cool hidden things so readily apparent. It helps that its on the Suvan. It's biggest drawback is the need of being an expert in Wilderness Survival, but that's also one of it's cooler aspects as the threat of dying cause you went to far without the proper precautions is really interesting.
  11. Is there anything you'd like to see changed or improved? Not at this moment
  12. What does your PC add to Syka? Someone wholly willing to help in anyway they can, though he's missing the 'skilled' part in skilled labor at this point.
  13. Do you have Wilderness Survival at Expert or higher? Y/N This means you are now a Sykan Ranger. No.
  14. Additional Comments?
Larimar Waverider
Player

Words: 6445
Joined roleplay: July 27th, 2022, 4:39 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ismahel on August 14th, 2022, 4:08 pm

Character Registry
  1. What is your name? Ismahel
  2. Who are you? Be as lengthy as you'd like. I am the son of a trader and an herbalist of sorts. I've spent most of my life traveling the paths of Cyphrus and Sylira with my family. I consider myself a good person - I try to be fair in my dealings and kind to others.
  3. Are you a resident or tourist? Resident
  4. Tell us one dream your PC has for the future. He wants to learn how to treat the illness that killed his father.
  5. How do you plan on supporting yourself? Ideally, I'd like to help treat the wounds and illnesses of others.
  6. What would be considered your PC's absolute dream best day? A calm, yet productive day. A day where he lends a hand, learns something new, and has a chance to share a laugh.
  7. What one aspect of your PC do you really want to explore this season? I'd really like to explore Ismahael's religious beliefs. Currently he's respectful and reverent out of upbringing and the skills he's grown, but he doesn't have an emotional connection to any of the gods.
  8. Does your PC have any goals this season? As this is the first time he is living away from his family, Ismahel's main goal is getting a roof over his head and income. He'd also like to form connections, some friends and some professionals, for the first time.
  10. Tell me why you chose Syka? What are some of its good aspects? What are some of its drawbacks? I chose Syka as it had the greatest opportunities to write with my peers. I like that this city encourages players to get involved and to be relevant parts of the community. The only drawback I can think of is the Expert+ requirement for Wilderness Survival, while there are NPCs available to help explore the Maw, I can see newer players being intimidated by the stat.
  11. Is there anything you'd like to see changed or improved? Not at this time.
  12. What does your PC add to Syka? Professionally, Ismahel adds a medically inclined individual. As the settlement grows, the demand for people with an understanding of treating wounds and illness will also increase. Beyond this, he is a people oriented person, so Syka will be receiving someone with a genuine drive to help out.
  13. Do you have Wilderness Survival at Expert or higher? Y/N This means you are now a Sykan Ranger. Not currently.
  14. Additional Comments? None at this time.
Ismahel
Player

Words: 5844
Joined roleplay: August 9th, 2022, 7:06 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Previous