Clash! [Raiyari]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

Clash! [Raiyari]

Postby Noya on February 27th, 2011, 11:09 am

Timestamp: 20th of Winter, 510 AV

' Useless. Worthless. Irritating. Boring. '

Those were the words that kept came to Noya as she listened and stared at her mother when she told her that she should pick up painting. It'd give her something to do and would get her mind off training and fighting.

" You might like it. Just give it a try. "

Noya shook her head and gestured wildly while she replied.

" What ? What utter nonsense, what's painting going to do for me? I need to train and become stronger. Painting, tsk, that's for pantsies. Are you calling me a pantsy, huh ? "

Picking a fight with eachother was common for them. But no matter how agressive or passionately Noya refused, Lirath wouldn't budge. In the end Noya found herself in front of a canvas in her room, with a brush in one hand and a set of colored globs on a palette in the other.

She started poking the canvas stupidly and bored. Subconsciously she only used warm colors. Deep yellow, gentle orange and fierce red were the ones she used the most. After poking the canvas for a while and having centered most of her pokes so in the middle of the canvas was a whirlwind of warmth, she started to see beauty in it.

She started mixing cold colors around the warm, colorful center. She had the idea to portray her feelings in this otherwise cold world. The warm center being herself and the cold exterior being the world. She even went as far to try out new colors, mixing the blue with the white on the palette and creating an icy blue color.

She started getting all giddy and happy as she began to enjoy painting, using strokes instead of pokes now and with a caring touch rather than an angry stab. To outsiders, the painting wouldn't make much sense, but Noya couldn't care less about that. She was just doing it for herself.

As much as she hated to admit it, her mother had been right. Painting was enjoyable and relaxing. She put the finishing touches on the painting, using black, cracklike lines on the cold world-area to signify that a person can change the world, can cause the coldness to break and change it into something warm.

She placed the palette and brush on her nightstand and sat on her bed, staring at the painting with a satisfied smile on her face. She wanted to paint more, she hadn't gotten her fix satisfied yet. But for the love of it, she couldn't think of anything to paint and she didn't want to make another abstract painting.

She decided she'd go out and try to gain some inspiration from the Lhavit night.

Putting on a cloak of brownish red cloth over her shoulders and tying it around her neck she darted outside.

' Where would I get the best inspiration? '
She couldn't come up with an answer right away so she started to walk, her mind filled with thoughts and designs.
Noya
Player

Words: 7208
Joined roleplay: February 26th, 2011, 12:28 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Clash! [Raiyari]

Postby Raiyari on February 28th, 2011, 12:45 pm

Raiyari traced her fingers along the hilt of her katana, the familiar weapon, now made whole, gave her an air of confidence as she went about her rounds. It had been broken for years, until she had finally gathered the kina to fix it. It had taken many moons, and much of her money had been spent, but the blade was as good as new. Perhaps it wasn't exactly what her mother had wielded, but it was as close as she could get. Rai's blade had been broken when she was still but an Acolyte, and its rebirth was almost symbolic, much like her rebirth after her Awakening had been completed.

The Shinya dressed simply, in her practical yet comfortable uniform, blue robe fluttering slightly as she padded down the street. The young woman moved with the grace of a practiced warrior, a blooded warrior. She neither hurried nor tarried, making sure that all was well before walking along. Dian Huang was stern, and would brook no incompetence in those who guarded their fair city. As a relatively new Shinya, Rai wasn't about to give him cause to be angry with her. Besides, it was her duty to ensure the safety of the people.

"Good Evening to you," Rai nodded towards an elderly couple that walked past. They smiled and greeted her in turn, and continued on their way, arm in arm. But at that very second, as Rai turned back towards her path, she bumped right into a red haired whirlwind. Sent stumbling backwards by the impact, Rai quickly righted herself, her hand on the hilt of the katana.

But it was only another woman. While formidable looking, Rai doubted that this stranger had any intentions of harming other citizens from Lhavit. Though the stranger didn't look like a local, with that blazing red hair and tattooed face. Raiyari seriously doubted that the woman would fall from the impact, so tall and muscular was this stranger. She seemed more warrior-like than slim and small Rai, and would no doubt recover from the collision just as quickly. In the event that the woman did stumble, be it from distraction or other reasons, Rai would quickly step forwards and offer a hand up.

"My apologies, that was entirely my fault," Raiyari said politely, dipping in a courteous bow. Whether or not this crimson woman decided to accept her apology, that was of no concern to Rai. Be polite, be brief, and continue on her rounds. That was her intention, and what she was about to do.
Raiyari
Duty and Honor

Words: 48701
Joined roleplay: February 10th, 2011, 10:49 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Clash! [Raiyari]

Postby Noya on February 28th, 2011, 1:15 pm

As she walked through the vibrant nightlife of Lhavit she lost track of mind and quickly forgot all about her reason for going on a walk. She was too enthralled by the vibrant colors, loud noises and voices, gorgeous views and fun activities.

She walked through the city she called home for a while before she spotted a small child, seemingly walking around aimlessly but with tattered clothing and unwashed face. ' Poor child, must be an orphan or streetrat. ' She thought, tactless and crude for that's how she was.

She wanted to walk up to him and buy him something to eat but as she got closer she noticed he was completely focused on an elderly couple who were walking arm in arm peacefully. ' Little monkey, you want to rob those oldtimers? ' She thought again, now approaching him with less than friendly intentions.

Before she got to him she suddenly bumped into something which caused her to lose focus and stagger, something had hit her leftshoulder. Did the kid throw a stone at her or something, was her first though before she saw a small, fragile looking woman robed in a Shinya outfit. The woman apologized politely but too formal and cold for Noya's liking, not to mention she caused the little monkey get away.

" Damn it woman, watch where you're going ... and looking. That child wanted to rob that elderly couple and I was about to snag him by the collar when you ran into me. "

She sounded rude and angry, which she was. She didn't like formality nor cold behaviour and this woman seemed the personification of those things.

" You're a Shinya aren't you? Get your act together. "

She was clearly crossing the line and attacking the woman personally, but she was a temperamentful woman and couldn't help it, not that she really cared though. She didn't knew the woman anyway.

She made a turning movement and was about to walk away.
Noya
Player

Words: 7208
Joined roleplay: February 26th, 2011, 12:28 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Clash! [Raiyari]

Postby Raiyari on March 2nd, 2011, 8:28 am

Raiyari's expression did not change as the strange woman started on a rude tirade. This was nothing, angry words had no impact on her, years of them had hardened her heart against such folly. Words were words, one could say one thing, and yet mean another.

"I shall watch for this child. Rest easy, stranger. The elderly couple are headed in the direction of Surya Plaza, where there will be many more Shinya in the case of trouble," Rai said calmly, responding politely to the crimson woman. Though it had certainly been the young Shinya's fault for not watching where she walked, the stranger could have also done the same, and thus avoided this entire situation. Not that Raiyari would ever voice such opinions, it was best to keep one's thoughts to themselves.

"Yes, you are correct. I am a Shinya. I'll thank you not to tell me how to do my job, ma'am. If I may be so bold, might I be correct in presuming, judging by your temperament and hair color, that you might be an Inarta?"

She asked the question innocently enough, trying to seem a hint friendly and to placate the stranger just a bit. She couldn't have known how much Noya hated the Inarta, not since she looked and acted so much like one. Or at least, like the ones Raiyari had met. But the stranger was taller, so much taller than those she had seen.

If the woman answered her, she planned to listen politely to the response, bow, and get back on her patrol. It was one thing to keep the citizens peaceful, and another entirely to stay on the job. Rai didn't think that Noya would react badly to the question, but that was just lack of foresight on her part.
Raiyari
Duty and Honor

Words: 48701
Joined roleplay: February 10th, 2011, 10:49 am
Race: Human
Character sheet