(Felakal's Scrapbook) Death... is only the beginning.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Felakal on April 18th, 2011, 9:28 am

OK. So for those of you who know me, I'm very new to the world of Mizahar. But I am doing all I can to follow the rules and learn all I can from the amazing people who have been helping me. Anyway, after seeing the announcement from Gossamer, I watched a little more carefully while on the chat. I noticed that a lot of rules were, indeed, being ignored. Or possibly people never read them. Heck, maybe even read them ONCE then never again. I'm not going to criticize anyone because...

1. I'm new and I don't really think it's my place to talk to more elder members like I know all. Yes I should point out to them that what they are doing is against the rules, but I'm not going to criticize them.

2. I'll do all I can NOT to, but I could just as easily start ignoring the conduct when I spend more time on the chat and become more comfortable. I don't know, but if I do ever do that I WANT someone to tell me.

3. I know that once in a while I make a mistake, just like others do. And it may be unintentional. I remember a few instances where I would complain about being bored. However, when someone pointed out to me what I was doing, I stopped doing it. I have yet to comment on my boredom since.

I am also aware that like text conversations, chatting can be taken out of contense. I may try to crack a joke or make a comment with no intention of insulting anyone at all, but someone else could. No one REALLY knows how I'm saying something other than me. So misunderstandings can happen. Another reason why I would like someone to point out when I am doing something wrong so that I can fix the problem.

I'll tell you all a little about myself later, but for now I want to point out my observations as a newcomer to Mizahar.

Something else I noticed, and I am sure that others have too, is the lore pages. The wiki needs a lot of pages that don't exist yet, and some DO exist just barely have any info. Now I would LOVE to ask for permission to make pages, however being so new I don't see what all I could do. Now don't hesitate to tell me if I'm wrong, but I think the pages for gods and such would fall on the head admins since they would know the most on what direction to take Mizahar.

Also another comment on the chat. The randomness. Fun is fun and I enjoy being random. However I believe that there is a certain point where things need to be toned down a notch. And I am aware that that comment is a little hypocritical. I know that I go a little far at times as well and I apologize. Something else with the whole randomness is I think that if there was just a million posts about cows and ducks and such, and a new comer comes on for the first time to the chat. They may be a little intimidated and afraid to ask for help. Then they wouldn't get to enjoy the experience of this AMAZING rp.

And yes it IS AMAZING! I absolutely love this place for many reasons. However, the two top reasons are such...

1. Most of the people here are extremely friendly. Now I do say MOST. On a few occasions I have been directly insulted with no regard for how I would take it. But as I said, most people here are really nice to each other.

2. The fact that your PC must WORK to get anywhere. If they want money? Get a job. Want an awesome weapon? Get some money. You want to have amazing skills and magic? Work for it. Train. Someone can't just come on, have a giant flaming sword, who can also control the elements and can beat anyone in a fight. No. You have to work for it.

Anyway I'll post more but I'm a little tired so yeah... rules? IDK if you do something I don't like, I'll just give you a heads up with no real conciquences, then add a new rule to this post.

Oh yeah one more thing, I no my grammer and spelling is probably off. My spellcheck is busted and plan on fixing it ASAP!
Felakal
"Death... is only the beginning."

Words: 45668
Joined roleplay: April 4th, 2011, 7:20 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Solomon on April 18th, 2011, 10:40 am

First off, I applaud your willingness to step out and speak up about chat. It is nice to see a new person speaking their mind on such a thing. I myself may sometimes lose control in chat, I have no idea. But I try to keep an eye on it, and try to speak up in my timid little way when I think things are getting out of hand.

So you have a supporter. <3

Also, I wanted to pop in here and say that if you want to do some Development for the site... then you should check out this little blurb right here. Just read through that, and then feel free to PM me if you are interested. I am the moderator of those forums, and I would love to point you in the right direction. Any of the skills that haven't yet been written up are the biggest priority for player development. The Gods are left up to the Founders, yep.

Oh, and, doing ANY kind of reviewing in the WD forums is an amazing help. If you see articles in those forums that are tagged as "Peer Review", then they need other players to read them, and just comment on them! <3333

Thanks for your willingness to speak out, and your willingness to help! <333
Solomon
Wise beyond his years

Words: 9399
Joined roleplay: November 12th, 2010, 9:14 am
Race: Staff account

Postby Ophelia on April 18th, 2011, 11:29 am

Fel, dear,

Love my new Akalak buddy heaps. <3

I, like many other people, probably do get carried away in Chat. I know a lot of us do. But just because you're new doesn't mean you're any less valued as a member of this community. You definitely fit right into Miz and if there is something that is bothering you, don't be hesitated to speak up. <3

Loving getting to know you and developing our characters together!
Ophelia
Just A Fool's Hope

Words: 97802
Joined roleplay: January 10th, 2011, 12:40 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Felakal on April 18th, 2011, 11:19 pm

Sure thing Sol, I'll read into it. I'll also check out the WD forums. And me too Ophe. Sulaviks really adding depth into Felakal's storyline. I can't wiat to do anything I can to help out with the site.
Felakal

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Felakal on April 18th, 2011, 11:25 pm

So I had an interesting day, me and my friend went out to explore the area around his new house, and we decided to do some conditioning. We were really sore from yesterday because we had done a little free running and forgot to stretch out. We ran into a couple of little kids, maybe 10 or 11. They kept talking about them doing Parkour. They then kept blabbing about how much better than us they were, wehn all we were doing was a small workout. Now with them being so young we just ignored us and they kept telling stories about jumping off roofs and running away from cops (yeah right lol). I tried to explain how parkour and free running could benifit the mind, body, AND spirit and what the real definitions were. They, being immature, kept saying we were idiots and assholes. So yeah that was interesting lol.
Felakal

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Felakal on April 24th, 2011, 9:41 pm

So I'm not exactly sure why... but I have noticed that depending on the time... I either get a whole lot of attention, or I get ignored. I'm in Pacific Timezone, and between anywhere from 11 A.M. to 5 P.M. is when I don't get as noticed. Some people are awesome and talk to me so YAY them! :D. But I just thought I'd put that out there.

Not sure if it's just only certain people like me or if I just act differently according to the time. Whatever it is, that's just what I have noticed.

BASIC INFO:
(More to come for the people who care :P)
Felakal

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Felakal on April 25th, 2011, 4:56 am

Felakal

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Felakal on May 10th, 2011, 8:50 am

I'm not sure how to answer when people ask me "How's life?" these days. I have no reason to be upset or angry or anything bad... but I'm not as happy as I should be... Just going to keep working on my philosophy, herbalism, and of course a few other things ;D.
Felakal

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Felakal on April 18th, 2014, 7:28 am

Had a pretty good day today. Started off by doing a couple threads with a couple different accounts. Then I went to a movie premiere that my LARP group was hosting. It was a fantastic movie. Then I went to the after party at a pretty decent bar. Had a couple beers, danced with a pretty girl, talked to good friends, shared some laughs, then went home. Tomorrow I've got D&D and a few other things on my to-do list. Life is good :3
Felakal

Character sheet
Scrapbook