Katt's Scraps

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Katt's Scraps

Postby Ophelia on May 4th, 2011, 10:27 pm

My bondmate might be a pirate?! What's Jiina gonna do?! Don't worry, Jiina's gonna be chopping things off people's bodies and turning them into magical object. A pirate and ... Jiina will do well. <3

Missing you! I will respond to your thread soon. I've been playing catch up! <333 Hope you had an amazing time in Texas!
Ophelia
Just A Fool's Hope

Words: 97802
Joined roleplay: January 10th, 2011, 12:40 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Katt's Scraps

Postby Naama on May 4th, 2011, 10:32 pm

Drink up me hearties, yo ho! ;)
Naama
Chunki Faguta

Words: 130159
Joined roleplay: February 13th, 2011, 2:53 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Artist (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Katt's Scraps

Postby Hawkins on May 4th, 2011, 10:35 pm

Yar.
Hawkins
Argh

Words: 33335
Joined roleplay: March 28th, 2011, 10:31 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Katt's Scraps

Postby Jiina on May 4th, 2011, 10:38 pm

Hawkins and Naama, stop corrupting her!
Jiina
Daddy's little girl

Words: 53253
Joined roleplay: March 3rd, 2011, 11:13 am
Character sheet

Katt's Scraps

Postby Kendall Saarinen on May 4th, 2011, 10:41 pm

>_>
"I'm burning and I'm blacking my lungs.
Boy you know it feels good with fire back on your tongue."
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen
Like John Allerdyce but hotter

Words: 595666
Joined roleplay: November 6th, 2010, 1:04 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Katt's Scraps

Postby Isette on May 5th, 2011, 7:26 pm

xD Thank you, Chesh, for making my morning with those pictures.

OPHIE I MISS YOU.
Ahem.

Haha, Jiina just wants Hawkins and Naama to stop corrupting her so that she can corrupt her herself. Selfish Jiina. :P
Isette
The Great and Silly Kitten

Words: 89516
Joined roleplay: March 5th, 2011, 12:53 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Katt's Scraps

Postby Isette on May 6th, 2011, 9:08 am

Isette: Now Jiina is unhappy with me!
Me: You got off lucky. I wanted to have you publically lashed.
Isette: WHY WOULD YOU WISH THAT ON ME?!
Me: Because I love you.
Isette: ………Thou traitorous wench.
Me: 0_o
Isette: I'm talking like a pirate! :D
Me: You're doing it wrong. Who taught you that?
Isette: You did!
Me: ...Never listen to anything I say at a party. Ever.
Isette

Character sheet

Katt's Scraps

Postby Isette on May 8th, 2011, 8:03 pm

Not Isette-related. But I felt like sharing an excerpt from my dream journal. Because I find dreams to be endlessly fascinating and this one felt particularly real.

We had just bought a new house. My mom was in the living room watching T.V. while Melina and I were being given the historical tour. We got to the bathroom when the woman said, “Did you know there’s a mystery surrounding this house?” Lina and I shook our heads. The woman pointed to a large yellow circle drawn onto the bathroom floor. Inside the circle was a glass star. “Everyone instinctively knows not to step inside the circle. When this house was built, it was already here. So they built around it. We don’t know how old it is.”

Later, after the woman was gone, I went back to the circle with Melina. I wanted to step inside, but something held me back. So instead, I put my hand on the glass star. And screamed. There were about seven small ghost children and a very scary man inside that circle. I withdrew my hand and fell, because suddenly I was brought into the past.

A long time ago there was a witch hunt. The local priest had decided that a certain book was the work of the devil so he sent his people into everyone’s homes to look for the book. If the book was found, then the child who owned that book was taken for cleansing. If their parents protested, then the parents were shot or hanged. In the end, the priest and his men stood with a large pile of book, and around it was a circle of children, bound and unconscious.

The priest gave the signal and the books were set on fire. So were the children. They were cursed to stay within that circle forever. But at some point the priest himself accidentally strayed inside the circle lines and he, too, was caught inside.

It was so sad and so real. When I was brought back to reality, I didn’t know what to do. I looked at Melina, who had been too scared to touch the glass star after my reaction. She had, however, stuck her hand in the circle. She, too, had seen the children. Hesitantly, I stuck my hand back in the circle. One by one, I met the children. Their hands were cool, but solid in mine. So small. Their eyes so sad. I sang to them. One by one, I sang to them. And I cried.

I left the bathroom and found my mom. “Mom! There are dead children in our bathroom!” Yes. I knew how that sounded.

“What?”

“There are dead children in our bathroom.”

A pause. And then, “What on earth are you talking about?”

My mom followed me into the bathroom and I showed her. It seemed she hadn’t even noticed the circle was there. Most people didn’t. Their minds weren’t ready to handle magic, so they happily overlooked the mystery. But it couldn’t be ignored when it was so obviously pointed out. I told her the story and showed her how to meet the children. They were the sweetest things.

“We have to break the circle!” my mom said.

I froze, but Melina agreed. I stood for a moment, listening to them talk about it, and then spoke up. “I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but no. There aren’t just children in there. That man is powerful and evil and we can’t just let him into the world.” I could see him. Grinning at us. It made me sick.

“But they’re only children!”

“Yes. Children cursed with eternal damnation in this circle. It’s horrible. But everything comes with a price. A balance. If we set them free, we’ll let the evil one out too.”

My mom looked stubborn. Melina looked uncertain. “We’re setting them free,” My mom said. Without allowing me to protest, she stepped on the yellow line and ground her foot into, like she was squashing a particularly nasty bug. I bit my lip, waiting. She moved her foot. The circle was broken.

I moved quick. I scooped up two of the kids and passed the others to mom and Melina. I told them to run. The priest was starting to look…weird. His skin turned gray and parts were blackened. He was beginning to look as evil as he felt to me. This was bad. I ran, making sure mom and Melina stayed with me. But I could hear the priest chasing after us.

Once outside, I sat the children down. “Melina. Car. Go. Now.”

She nodded and took the other two children, beckoning for my mom to follow.

By this time, the priest was outside, too. I attacked him, kicking him right in the chest. It didn’t even bother him. He just…smiled at me. We fought and I eventually got the upper hand by jumping at him. I had my ankles around his neck and was trying to break his neck, but it wasn’t working. I dimly heard a car roar to life behind me, and was relieved when I heard it leave.

I tried something else. He couldn’t dislodge me but I couldn’t hurt him. This was becoming too tiring. I tried breaking his neck with my hands. That also didn’t work. Finally, I looked up and saw that Melina had stayed behind. “Blade!” I yelled at her. She nodded and ran back inside. A few moments later she came back with…a curved weapons of some kind. I’m pretty sure it was an old weapon used to cut grain, which made sense because we were on farm territory. The point is, it was sharp. I remember thinking, “Is she going to throw that at me? I’m not Buffy The Vampire Slayer. I don’t know how far my dream fighting skills go. Ah well. I’ll figure it out.”

She handed it to me instead. The priest was a little to occupied to do much about it, though he tried. I grabbed the weapon and thrust the blade into his neck, pushing and pushing it through until his head rolled to the floor and his body dropped, carrying me with it. I gasped.

We met up with my mom at a church. She wanted the kids to know that things were different now. The church wasn’t going to do anything to them. I went along with it. I figured it would be good for them to face their fears. It seemed they were getting a second chance at life. And I wanted to make sure they faced their demons early on so that they could be as happy as possible. Melina and I took a picture with them all. They were so sweet. I wanted each of them to be a part of my life forever.

*Note: I’m pretty sure that Mom and Melina were just different aspects of myself in this dream.
Isette

Character sheet

Katt's Scraps

Postby Isette on May 12th, 2011, 10:35 am

Isette: Can I meet everyone in the world?
Me: Probably not.
Isette: But I would like to.
Me: Someone would murder you.

Isette

Character sheet

Katt's Scraps

Postby Isette on May 12th, 2011, 11:04 pm

Isette