I want to bring this to someone’s attention.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to post all your Mizahar related discussions here.

Postby Darik on July 7th, 2011, 7:41 pm

While browsing the lore I went to the master skills page here. There is 118 skills listed there((give or take a few.)) while on this page here has one hundred forty four skills. Yes I know that all the skills aren’t completed, but the first link has some skills in it that doesn’t even have articles. I think its suffice to say that the first link needs some updating. Now a question, am I allowed to update it, or only staff allowed to? I know that you have to go through a LOOOONNG process to submit articles for skills, but what about something as simple as putting links on a page?
Darik
Troublemaker

Words: 231903
Joined roleplay: July 6th, 2011, 5:42 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Rage on July 7th, 2011, 7:50 pm

Hi there!

There's actually a way for anyone, be they ST or just a regular player, to add content to the wiki by developing lore articles but a certain process must be followed. Let me refer you to this thread.

Notice: I will not be available for modding in the foreseeable future until I've cleared up my backlog of Miz stuff (PC and ST-wise). Hopefully, it's a temporary thing, but we'll see. I will still grade your threads, however.
Rage
Devourer of Souls

Words: 109059
Joined roleplay: August 5th, 2010, 4:18 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Postby Darik on July 7th, 2011, 7:55 pm

Rage I know that process. :) I was asking if I could add the links that are missing on the link I gave. It isn’t creating a new lore article, its just adding links onto a link only page.
Darik
Troublemaker

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Gossamer on July 8th, 2011, 12:50 am

Yes you can do this as well as correct spelling grammar etc.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Clyde Sullins on July 8th, 2011, 1:51 am

you also have to realize the first list is only skills. the second includes magics, and some other random things like languages. the magics alone adds 18 things.

so that is most likely the reason for the discrepancy between the two.
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Darik on July 8th, 2011, 2:59 am

Thanks for the answers! Also Clyde, skills could be considered anything that could be increased. Magic can be increased, so I would think that they could be considered “skills”. Skills is also a very flexible word in its own right, it pretty means anything that can be learned. Magic can be learned so I would consider it a skill.
Darik
Troublemaker

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Clyde Sullins on July 8th, 2011, 4:19 am

yes but magic is on a separate list, it has its on magic list which says them all. magic is a skill, but those are only mundane skills, not including magic.
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Tarot on July 8th, 2011, 12:02 pm

Hey Darik,

the Skills page doesn't list magical skills because we figured people wouldn't want to see magic mixed with "regular" skills (we did include links to the relevant pages, though). On the other hand, Category:Skills is an automatically generated page. Any page with the declaration [[Category:Skills]] in it will show up there, and that line is included in the Skilltree template, so basically any page with a skill tree (the colored table with proficiency levels and descriptions) goes in that category.

We are open to suggestions for improvement, though. :) Please remember that you need your wiki account added to the Contributors group before you can edit the wiki. Let me know if I have to do that for you!
Tarot's thread tickets: sold out. Not accepting any more threads for the time being unless I promised you one. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Tarot
May you live in interesting times

Words: 766317
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:29 pm
Blog: View Blog (11)
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Being Tarot Award (1)
O RLY Decoration (1)

Postby Darik on July 8th, 2011, 1:47 pm

Ahh I didn't see the little thing at the top that says "This list does not include magic." 0_O Sorry Clyde, I guess I didn’t read the page clearly. :P I made a account, and I want to ask if you guys could add a description and/or a small picture beside the links. ((Description would probably be on the right, and picture would be to the left of the link.)). Because I admit I don’t know what a quarter of them are, ands it very time consuming clicking on each link. Like look at the gnosis list, it makes it a lot easier to comprehend with those two improvements. But then again, there’s like fifty gnosis, and one hundred eighteen skills.
Darik
Troublemaker

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes