OOC Info DMs, GMs, Storytellers, Yarnspinners and Windbags Wanted!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Ravok’s home for OOC Chatter, Development and Discussions.

DMs, GMs, Storytellers, Yarnspinners and Windbags Wanted!

Postby Marlow on August 5th, 2011, 2:28 am

Truth be told I'd like to be able to help out in Zeltiva, but I can't officially apply for an AS position there until Fall starts in Mizahar since Marlow is in Zeltiva until the end of Summer. :(

Actually, I was quite interested to note that Karjin doesn't have anyone assigned to it for development. I'm really tempted to apply to flesh that one out. I was initially interested in Novallas, but it already has Liminal. :)

"No, it doesn't start to come back. The knot's like everything else. I just found the rope and I did it."
— Jason Bourne, "The Bourne Identity"
Marlow
"It means driftwood"

Words: 22906
Joined roleplay: June 27th, 2011, 7:59 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Gossamer on August 6th, 2011, 4:57 pm

Marlow, just for your information, you can AS in a location your PCs are playing in so long as your AS has nothing to do with your PCs. Moderators have pcs in their cities all the time. It's just hard to work around sometimes because you can't be involved in quests you might have foreknowledge of etc.

Also, Liminal isn't currently active. So I'd not bat an eyelash at putting someone in a city that he has his name on right now.

On another note..

Wind Reach is looking for one to two more AS's currently. If anyone is interested, see me. You must be a good writer who shows development initiative and patience with new players.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Marlow on August 7th, 2011, 12:50 am

Oh, okay. :)

My 60th-day would be on August 26, if I computed it correctly since I didn't include my former stay, so I'll most probably be applying for a position by the 27th. That means I should finish my pod and location write-up before then so as to start on a clean slate. :D

"No, it doesn't start to come back. The knot's like everything else. I just found the rope and I did it."
Marlow
"It means driftwood"

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Tessa Poe on August 8th, 2011, 11:19 am

I'm going to be volunteering once my 60 days are up. The more I read about and play in Miza the more I like it and I'd love to help develop it/get people settled, comfortable and above all having fun with it.
Tessa Poe
The Neurotic Wanderer

Words: 241539
Joined roleplay: July 21st, 2011, 8:32 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Ginchoeri on August 11th, 2011, 2:05 am

in 60, after learning some of the ropes i would love to be a storysteller. what i would like to know though is what are Rs, Ds and As? and what's the difference XD. Just learning the ropes is all. i'm new to roleplaying but love using my imagination XD
Ginchoeri
Player

Words: 132404
Joined roleplay: August 11th, 2011, 1:54 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Marlow on August 11th, 2011, 2:19 am

Polyphonia wrote:in 60, after learning some of the ropes i would love to be a storysteller. what i would like to know though is what are Rs, Ds and As? and what's the difference XD. Just learning the ropes is all. i'm new to roleplaying but love using my imagination XD

To simplify, I have ordered them in terms of responsibility.

AS = Assistant Storyteller = assists in running a domain/city
DS = Domain Storyteller = the go-to guy for an entire domain/city
RS = Regional Storyteller = the go-to guy for a region (multiple domains/cities)

Marlow
"It means driftwood"

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Ginchoeri on August 11th, 2011, 2:42 pm

Marlow wrote:
Polyphonia wrote:in 60, after learning some of the ropes i would love to be a storysteller. what i would like to know though is what are Rs, Ds and As? and what's the difference XD. Just learning the ropes is all. i'm new to roleplaying but love using my imagination XD

To simplify, I have ordered them in terms of responsibility.

AS = Assistant Storyteller = assists in running a domain/city
DS = Domain Storyteller = the go-to guy for an entire domain/city
RS = Regional Storyteller = the go-to guy for a region (multiple domains/cities)

thanks that helps a lot XD
Ginchoeri
Player

Words: 132404
Joined roleplay: August 11th, 2011, 1:54 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Gossamer on August 11th, 2011, 4:10 pm

The first sign of a good Storyteller potential is one that goes and finds clearly written out info in the Wiki. You might try reading the Storyteller page there. Also the first post of this thread clearly outlines all the info as well.
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Banir Ironwood on August 14th, 2011, 3:14 am

Ok! Hey everyone I'm new to Mizahar and I'm also new to this whole idea of forum posting, joint story writing, and generally almost anything on here. But long story short I'm trying to ask permission to play as a rare race of Isur known as the Uluth Clan. I understand that these requests are probably more common than not but I do strongly wish this as it can tie in wonderfully to my characters background and persona. I seek this more for character development and expansion, as well as to add to emotion put into my writing. I tend to get passionate in my literary skills if I'm highly interested, and needless to say this sight and this clan has me quite interested. My character's physiology and the way he acts can tie in with this clan quite easily. I believe that this will help in making an interesting if not powerful thread. The trade off for having this arm will be rather than like most Isur who are often strong and patent. My character will have a more damaged idea of what he is and socializes more awkward, on top of this he will be more understanding of others than himself. I am open to revisions if necessarily to gain this permission but would like to keep this as it is if possible.
"Where life leads me, is where I shall go. The greater question is, who is willing to accompany me on such a long travel?"
Banir Ironwood
The silent disgrace

Words: 218834
Joined roleplay: August 13th, 2011, 3:33 am
Blog: View Blog (3)
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Gossamer on August 14th, 2011, 4:11 am

Hi Banir-

All special applications go in the Help Desk. Also, there's a character called Torc Ironwood. You'll need to ask him to use the last name since he was using it first.. He's also half-Isur. :)

Goss
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

PreviousNext