[The Wolf's Cave] Monsters and Men [Laute]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Postby Ifran on September 24th, 2011, 4:52 pm

In the end, they had a draw. Ifran seemed the type used to winning, to getting what he wanted, but he did not seem unduly upset. After all, it was a mere contest of strength and he had not lost. That was not the same as winning, it was true, but neither of them had lost face. Neither had proven themselves the stronger, though, and so there remained that unsteady detente.

"You are strong," he said in such a way that he showed respect without admitting any weakness of his own. "That was well done."

He might have offered to tell people how the Zith had beat him, or come up with another test to prove one way or another who was the greater, but he didn't know Laute well at all, nor what he wanted, and so he reached for his drink, relishing the faint shake in his arm that meant he had exercised it hard.
Ifran
House of the North Winds

Words: 172387
Joined roleplay: April 9th, 2010, 10:57 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Lore Author (1)

Postby Laute on September 27th, 2011, 2:01 pm

A draw. Fitting, he supposed, considering the other man had a fresh arm for each match. Almost made it a win, in that case, but the details weren't important. He had his curiosity satisfied.

(The body always revealed its secrets, after all.)

"As are you," he responded without a thought, not interested in the protection of words. The challenge had already proven himself as it was. The small crowd that had collected at the match dispersed, returning to their own seats. Some had frowns, other grins, and he could hear the sound of coins exchanging hands.

Not interested in his surroundings at the moment, he shook his arms, carefully stretching each arm after. Clenching one hand and then the other, he turned back to the bar, ready to order this time.
Laute
Player

Words: 75446
Joined roleplay: July 18th, 2011, 6:35 am
Race: Zith
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ifran on October 3rd, 2011, 5:18 am

Their relative strengths acknowledged, the Zith seemed to lose interest, and Ifran's own wavered. He glanced at the slave out of the corner of his eye; it would never do to show interest in a slave, as they were beneath him, but he knew that they were also sources of information, even if it was only the tells of their reactions. But he said nothing, waiting on the Zith to either lose interest entirely and wander off or do something else. But after Laute ordered, he decided.

"I am leaving now. Perhaps someday we can try another sort of contest and see who prevails." His smile was friendly enough, but to a beast, he was merely baring his teeth.
Ifran
House of the North Winds

Words: 172387
Joined roleplay: April 9th, 2010, 10:57 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Lore Author (1)

Postby Laute on October 4th, 2011, 12:57 am

The man seemed as bored as Laute felt. He paid little attention as the man's gaze wandered, his glass now empty and the ice inside clinking slightly. It was only when he moved, rising from his seat, that Laute once more was conscious of him.

Turning his head slightly, he nodded his farewell to the man. Another contest? Perhaps. He wouldn't mind another chance to best this man, to test the capabilities of his arms.

"I look forward to it." He gave his own smile in return, slightly wild and full of challenge.

For the moment, though, he shelved away the man's scent into his memory and turned his head back to the bar. His curiosity was sated for the night.
Laute
Player

Words: 75446
Joined roleplay: July 18th, 2011, 6:35 am
Race: Zith
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Bedlam on October 7th, 2011, 11:17 pm

Thread Completed!

Laute

Experience:
2 Observation
2 Socialization
1 Wrestling

Lores:
Eypharian Physique (Basic)

Ifran

Experience:
2 Observation
2 Socialization
1 Wrestling

Lores:
Zith Culture (Basic)

Notes:
Lots of conversation. I enjoyed this thread nevertheless—and not just because I love the theme of repetition. ‘The body reveals its secrets,’ you say. ;p

I’m glad to see that Ifran has retained his arrogance. It’ll be interesting to see where his adventures take him next.

All said though, this is a very basic thread, so I couldn't really give you much for it. Still, I hope to see you peeking your heads into my office again.
Bedlam
Player

Words: 79119
Joined roleplay: June 26th, 2011, 9:33 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous