Intriguing Introductions Incognito (Hadrian)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Venidus Larkspur on August 30th, 2011, 4:46 am

“Of course, you can hold it. You can shoot it for all I care. Its a bit lighter than the human equivalent because we Symenestra are not particularly brawny folks,” Venidus said happily. The crossbow was the only thing that he allowed himself to take pride in and one as good as Andry taking interest made his heart swell a little.

He picked it up gingerly and held it in his hands. This is the weight of safety. This is the weight of justice. He made sure not to point the firing end towards his new friend. Even when the crossbow was unloaded, people seemed to be awfully skittish with the business end of crossbow pointing at them. Saying that he was going to let his companion see the crossbow and actually handing it over were two different deals.

He spun it around and offered the trigger end to Andry. A sudden surge of reassurance washed over Venidus’s tired mind. He blurted out, “My sister Sanairas gave it to me. It’s not like she could keep it for herself. Symenestra aren’t really keen on letting hypnotists with severe over...” He trailed off before he could finish. ... Giving... What’s wrong with me? I’m being ridiculous.

He cleared his throat, “With severe overzealousness. Sorry, I fear my mind wandered for a moment there. It’s a bad habit of mine.”
Venidus Larkspur
Player

Words: 68455
Joined roleplay: March 18th, 2011, 8:16 am
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet

Postby Hadrian on August 31st, 2011, 12:47 am

Hadrian looked up from his examination of the crossbow as Venidus poured out more than he obviously meant to, and rather than make it obvious that he could follow that slip toward the truth, he just nodded. But he did offer a little smile and a pulse of compassion. This was a strange sort of hypnotism, pouring true emotion through his aura into Venidus'. But Hadrian had lost his mother recently, and complicated emotions came with complicated relationships. All the same, he could empathize on a level. It was strange how he was always empathizing with non-humans...

Then he continued to turn the crossbow around in his hands, letting them get the feel of it as he sensed the underlying structure of it through its djed signature. Perhaps someday he would have his crafting up to the level of his enchantments and could truly be called a magecrafter, though he could lay an enchantment on a weapon like this, make it more accurate, make it fire bolts of elemental energies, or shards of diamond, sharpest glass.

"How are your, ah, battle wounds?"
Hadrian
Most smartest and best damn tapper.

Words: 1050304
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2010, 6:50 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Venidus Larkspur on August 31st, 2011, 2:43 am

As hard as it was, Venidus took his mind off the crossbow for a moment in order to reexamine his wounds. Luckily, the thugs that had attacked him earlier refrained from using blades. He was bruised and injured, but there weren’t any cuts that required stitches. A few spots sported small scratches and scabs that were from the beating and the resulting fall, but in general, he was in pretty good shape. His legs hurt but only needed some rest.

Venidus shook his head, “Everything seems to be fine. You are very, very kind to call it a battle also. It was more of a beat down than a battle, as we both know. Perhaps if you tell ‘The Tale of the Wounded Symenestra’ to anyone else, you might do me the honor of embellishing that part of it.” He laughed remembering how he had crumpled under their pitiful blows. He eyed the crossbow with eyes full of regret. I should start carrying that thing around with me. Things would have ended a little differently. I may not have met Andry though. Some things are meant to happen it would seem...

He stretched out his arms and sat on his bed with a sigh. His words were relaxed for the first time in years, “Thank you so much being a friend. I really needed something like this to happen. I needed to see that there is still some good outside in the world...” The Symenestra laid back and looked at the dirty ceiling. He feared what would happen when Andry left. Would the darkness return or would this short encounter retain his hope. “When are you heading out of Ravok, Andry? I really do owe you a favor and don’t like to stay indebted to anyone for long. If you need help while here, don’t hesitate to call on me somehow. I promise I will pay the debts I owe you sooner or later, but unfortunately, I am stuck in Ravok until I finish certain business that is likely to kill me. So if you want to cash in on such a favor, you have to come back and do it in this city of evil.”
Venidus Larkspur
Player

Character sheet

Postby Hadrian on September 2nd, 2011, 7:51 am

"I'm not much use in a battle," he admitted, shrugging his shoulders. "You survived. That's something." But he smiled his support, vague and tired. Another pulse of encouragement and confidence swam through the air from his aura to Venidus', but he was starting to tire of even those little pulses. Hypnotism was not something he had been born with; in fact, when he tried to get his siblings or parents to do something, reverse psychology was actually the easiest route. Nobody wanted to listen to him. This was a new skill he was honing amid the dangers of Ravok.

When Venidus took to his bed, Hadrian set the crossbow aside, standing awkwardly.

"I'll probably leave in the Fall, wanting to get somewhere civilized before winter sets in. But you must be tired. I'll go so you can rest. Sleep is supposed to be the best healer."
Hadrian
Most smartest and best damn tapper.

Words: 1050304
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2010, 6:50 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Venidus Larkspur on September 2nd, 2011, 7:20 pm

Venidus gave Andry an exhausted smile. He was quite tired but Andry had a strange way of making him feel comfortable. He wished that he could just chat with his new friend, but alas, the human’s suggestion to sleep sounded quite appealing. He could feel his eyes getting heavier and heavier, but the preacher kept them lazily open. It had been an odd day in Ravok to be sure, but what had started badly ended quite pleasantly.

“Leaving in the Fall? That’s good. This city is taxing on the mind and, at least for me, the body. I would go somewhere far, far away if I could. Hell, I’d even go back to Kalinor, but such things aren’t possible,” he said sighing and then chuckling. The room felt like a prison at times, but it’s confines offered a snug comfort now.

Venidus felt guilty again for not being able to pay his debt to Andry, but fate had been good to him for his entire so he believed that their paths would cross again, if not in this life then the in next. He stood up to shake his human friend’s hand. It took him a couple of attempts to get up but he eventually stood with groan. “It was nice to meet you, Mr. Andry. May your travels be safe friend.” He extended his hand in order to shake Andry’s.
Venidus Larkspur
Player

Character sheet

Postby Verilian on September 30th, 2011, 11:55 pm

Venidus Larkspur

• +1 Jumping
  • +1 Brawling
  • +1 Acrobatics
  • +1 Observation
  • +1 Investigation
  • +2 Preaching
  • +1 Philosophy
  • +1 Acting
  • +1 Rhetoric

Lores: Following your Gut, Light in the Darkness, Grasping for Friendship, Speaking Philosophy, A Debt Owed

Hadrian

• +3 Auristics
  • +1 Stealth
  • +2 Observation
  • +1 Subterfuge
  • +2 Flux
  • +5 Hypnotism
  • +1 Acting
  • +1 Philosophy
  • +1 Rhetoric
  • +1 Morphing

Lores: Keeping up appearances, Forging a Friendship, Speaking Philosophy, A Debt Promised

You Question My Logic? :
And questions, send me a PM.

Notes: An interesting little meeting. I look forward to part two.
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Race: Staff account
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous