[The Silver Tongue] How may I help you today? (Mok)

Rosabelle's first day on the job!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Rosabelle on September 14th, 2011, 6:11 am

2nd day of Fall, 511 AV Morning

Rosabelle arrived at The Silver Tongue's door, gently pushing it open and pulling down her cloaks hood. Today she was smart enough to wear it rather than keep it mushed up in her backpack. She did leave the pack at her inn though, figuring she'd be working the whole day and have no use for it. Cosette never gave her a specific time to come into work, but she figured a reasonable time was about eight bells. She glanced around the room, looking for Colette, but also just checking the status of things. The cases had a thin layer of dust on them and a few new spiderwebs lingering in the corners. She guessed that was her job clean them up, but she wasn't looking forward to it. She figured she better get used to it though.

With a sigh she flipped her neat curls out her face, making her way over to find Cosette for some sort of instruction. She made sure she was looking much better than the last time she had stepped into the shop. Appearance she thought was a very important aspect of working and sealing a deal in a purchase. She doubted some old witch with a hairy face and boils would be approachable. A shutter slid down her spine as she thought of such thing.

"Rosabelle! My dear girl, come here." Cosette said, scaring Rosa out of her thoughts and making her jump a little. She didn't see the woman pop up from behind one of the jewelry cases. Colette chuckled as she saw the effect she caused on the young girl. "Ahh, no no no. Nothing to be afraid of, dear. But this grime is sure a sight for sore eyes... Tidy this up, will you?" she asked, though it wasn't a question, more of a command. "I have some work to attend to upstairs."

Rosa tensed up a little as she realized she'd be alone downstairs. "No problem, Ma'am!" she tried to to happily, but her voice quivered a bit. "I'll just be right up the stairs," Colette said, walking out from behind the cases and placing a light hand on Rosa's arm. "I shouldn't be too long." She squeezed Rosa's arm before letting go and made her way up the stairs, he heels clacking with every graceful step she took.

Rosa exhaled quickly, forcing out a breath she didn't even know she was holding. She took off her cloak and put it behind the counter in a heap on the floor. She looked around the shop to find something to clean with, spotting a rag stained with oils of some sorts. She snatched the rag and started to get to work on the outside of the cases first, working her piece of fabric around in wide circles. She really didn't know how exactly how to wash glass-- or pretty much anything-- but she just winged it, making sure every inch of the outside of the cases was free of dust. She kept working away on the outside, ever so often glancing around her shoulder to make sure no one looked like they were coming into the shop. She sort of half wished someone would come in just because she wanted to get the first of the first done, but another part wanted to keep cleaning the whole day. Though she doubt either of the things she wanted would come true.

Rosabelle
Just set them up to knock them down

Words: 8983
Joined roleplay: July 9th, 2011, 9:22 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Mok on September 14th, 2011, 6:13 pm

The sky was overcast and a soft breeze from the sea was carried into the city. Being from the deep forests of Taloba, the myrian did not notice the slight tang of salt in the air. However, any sea dog would smell the currents and realize that it was the beginning of autumn. The idea of four seasons had never been truly understood by Mok until now. The jungle wilds were always hot. The only thing close to a season was the wet part of the year when the storms and monsoons rolled in. Mok was very curious and somewhat happy to be in such a temperate climate. Nevertheless, the warrior still wished he was deep in the forests of his motherland. ’No. This is my home now,’ Mok said to himself, ‘forget the past. You are a grown man now. This is my home.’

Not only was Mok a myrian warrior, but also a member of the Crimson Edge. The organization had been established only several months prior, but already Mok was injured in battle. Physically the wound had healed, but the scar on his arm reminded him of the event every day. Now Mok walked through the street clad in chainmail with heavier armor ready in event of a battle. Cloaked in shadowsilk, Mok reminded silent as he walked through the streets. The warrior could feel sweat run down in runnels into his gauntlets. Usually the sweat wouldn’t bother the typical fighter, but the myrian was still completely new to the idea of wearing chainmail. Mok knew however that the armor he was wearing was worth it though. He would not risk getting hit with another arrow or missile again.

Mok’s morning amble through the city led him into the market and trade center of Sunberth. It was only half a bell past eight. ‘I was just here yesterday. I wonder why you have brought me back here,’ he said to himself with a smile on his face. Moments later the crimson edge member stopped dead in his tracks. A shiver of excitement crawled down his spine when he spotted a member of the syndicate all alone, ‘Lhex’s balls!’ By the look of the syndicate member he was no more than a simple underling, a piece of human trash. Excitement, anticipation, and lust were swirling like a vortex in the myrian’s soul. Mok was going to take action in the name of the Crimson Edge.. Mok knew that NO MAN could understand what he was about to do. It was a necessity. That piece of shit was his enemy and there was nothing the gods could do about it. Mok would kill that man regardless of the consequences.

Eyes following his prey, Mok observed casually as the man walked into what seemed to be a jewelry shop. The myrian could not read common yet, so he only assumed it was some type of jewelry store. Mok had no idea what the man was going to do in the shop, but he was more than likely up to no good. With silent precision Mok glided towards the door of the shop and stayed out of view of any windows or openings that would be present on the building. The warrior leaned against the wall and unsheathed his blade, keeping it hidden under his cloak.

Minutes passed yet nothing seemed to be occurring inside. Peering into the passage leading into the store Mok could not see what was going on but he knew that the man was up to no good at all. Finally, Mok decided to intervene. Stepping into the store, Mok still hid his blade.

“Lunch.” Mok stated out loud in a monotone voice. He knew that both the syndicate and the woman tending the shop were confused, so he elaborated, “Lunch and I will remove this piece of human trash from the store.”

Mok exhaled and just hoped to Myri he was correct in assuming she needed help and that he didn’t make himself look foolish.

oocLet me know what you think. I am in a rush to sleep, so let me know if its not too unbearable to read.

Red = Myrian
Bold = Common
"If you want some, get some, bad enough, take some,
But watch the sword by my side,
Because it represents me and the motherpetching east side"
-one of Mok's mottos
Mok
The Sunberthian Gangster

Words: 149901
Joined roleplay: June 20th, 2011, 5:06 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Rosabelle on October 8th, 2011, 11:19 am

Rosa blew a little piece of hair from her face as she continued to work on the glass panes, freeing them of residue. She was somewhat hesitant to clear away the cobwebs residing in the nooks of the displays in fear of spotting a leftover spider. That was one thing she really didn't like, -- spiders that is -- and found herself cringing every time the rag would near a dusty web. She made sure she still cleaned it all up though. She would not be dubbed weak her first day of work.

Every once in a while Rosa would look out the window, anticipating an old, classy woman to enter the shop, looking for some shiny new jewelry to buy. She was slightly disappointed when a crusty middle-aged man walked into the shop, trudging dirt and grime where she had just cleaned. A grimace almost caught her face, but not before catching herself first and actually realizing this was her first customer! Excitement overwhelmed any feeling of anger or anxiousness that might have risen as she stood up straight and dusted herself off.

"Why hello there, sir," she said kindly. "And welcome to The Silver Tongue!" She pranced over to the man, all the while flipping her hair and swaying her hips. When she reached him, she put a light hand on his arm, ready to guide him where ever he wanted to go. She'd picked that up from Colette, the arm touching. She found that it made herself feel less in control, and that's just what she wanted from the man. Control.

"Is there anything in particular that you're looking for today?" she asked, flashing a pretty smile. "Picking up something for that special someone?" Teasing him, she nudged him gently. "We have a wonderful selection of necklaces, bracelets, rings, even broache-" But that was as far as she got before she was interrupted by the strange voice coming from the doorway. She whipped herself around and found herself glaring at the new person in the shop. Lunch? she thought, confused. What the petch is he talking about, lunch? I'm trying to be friendly here!

He spoke again, referring rudely to the man she was touching. She cleared her throat loudly. "Excuse me, sir, but I think you have found the wrong person. There are no pieces of human trash here, I assure you."

Inside, her heart was beating faster than normal in fear of the new man in the shop. She was not too good yet with a dagger, and really had no way of defending herself other than the guards outside. She was so foolish to leave herself unarmed in a jewelry shop! Something bad was bound to happen, especially in Sunberth! No troubles could happen while she was in the shop though. She wouldn't let Colette see her slip up. "I think you'll be having to leave here if you are not friendly with this man. I'll be having no nonsense!"

OOCI am so sorry for my sudden absence! My best friend's mom died and it's been very hard on both of us. I'm back for good now and I apologize again!
Rosabelle
Just set them up to knock them down

Words: 8983
Joined roleplay: July 9th, 2011, 9:22 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Mok on October 20th, 2011, 1:48 am

“Don’t be a fool woman. This man is here to take as much as he possibly can from you. He will take your money, your life, and anything else you hold dear. Listen, let the man speak for himself then.”
The myrian stood in awkward silence after he answered the woman. For the next few seconds, the whole shop was silent. All three of them were looking at each other tensely. An electric current was going through all three of them. The positive and negative charges circulating through their bodies had everyone hot. In a moment, everyone would erupt. The myrian was sure of this. Slowly and steadily, Mok widened his stance and got ready to fight.

“Go to hell bastard!” the man suddenly spitted, “Petch off,” Suddenly, with good speed, the man produced a knife tried to run towards the woman to grab her. The myrian reacted with a tiger’s instinct. Taking two long strides the myrian was in the man’s face before he could get more than one hand on the girl’s arm. Stepping mid-stride between the man’s leg, Mok threw his shoulders and hips into the man’s core and using his left hand grabbed the man’s right leg. Using his momentum, the warrior cut that man down, using his hips for leverage and power. As the man fell to the floor, Mok jerked the man’s leg.

CRACK!

The warrior had successfully incapacitated the man, without even using his sword. Turning quickly to the girl, Mok raised his hands showing he meant no harm. “See? He was a piece of human trash. I can dispose of him some other place if you so desire. I do not wish to be rude and bloody such a fine shop. I mean no harm, only to help with this scumbag."

Noticing a ring in a glass case Mok decided to buy something, "I will buy a small trinket if you agree not to alert the guard.”

oocSorry for taking forever to reply, I didn't realize you had responded to be honest. O.o I hope this post is to your satisfaction.

Red = Myrian
Bold = Common
"If you want some, get some, bad enough, take some,
But watch the sword by my side,
Because it represents me and the motherpetching east side"
-one of Mok's mottos
Mok
The Sunberthian Gangster

Words: 149901
Joined roleplay: June 20th, 2011, 5:06 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Mixed blood