A strange meeting on an even stranger day.. (Vynia)

Darian encounters a woman when a unnaturally thick fog rolls in.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Darian on October 15th, 2011, 2:54 am

His piercing hazel eyes never stopped watching her, and as he watched he found it harder to not grimace at the disappointment that welled inside of him. It was confusing, it made no sense to be disappointed in this stranger, what had his hopes been? That she would have drawn a blade on him and gave him the chance to exorcise those shadows that so stained his past? Those times where long past, it shouldn't still bother him to have that specific blood staining his hands. He had killed many after the myrian, why would it still bother him now? So many men and women that wouldn't return to their friends that night because of him and he was still focusing on a man that had no family to speak of, a man that could no longer make him feel as helpless as he had that day long ago. It was absurd.

Darian's stooped his pacing, and his eyes slowly met the myrian woman's. Sighing he raised his right hand and tapped his index finger against his chin, his mouth curling slightly downwards as a frown formed in his face. At his side his left hand clenched and unclenched, and after another few deep breaths he finally spoke up. "What could it be now, you going to try me here and now for my perceived slander of Myrian's as a whole?"

I have retired Darian, and I apologize for any inconveniences this has caused with anyone threading with this character. Feel free to NPC him in any threads that he is involved in if that is of course ok with the moderator. Again, I am sorry for any inconveniences.
Darian
Player

Words: 270515
Joined roleplay: April 25th, 2011, 2:12 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Vynia on October 25th, 2011, 9:06 pm

Vynia watched as his fist curled to clench around the air, squeezing it from his fingers. She wondered what he was debating until at last he spoke. As she contemplated her answer, she felt her pride wilt. Was she really about to let these words leave her mouth? Her Goddess-Queen would be ashamed, she knew. Her lips parted, but no words came out. She sighed and scowled at the sky before clenching her own fists. With a feeble attempt, she tried to justify her reasoning. It was better to know what she was getting into, especially if she honestly expected to learn and grow.

Again, she opened her mouth, this time saying, ”Show me how your city works. I will… I’m not sure. I will find some means to repay it to you, I suppose.”

Maybe he would consent, and she wouldn’t have to worry about the next inhabitant that would come along to stab her. It wasn’t in her nature to ask for help. She preferred to do and learn on her own accord, relying only on her instincts and experience. And yet, here she was, in Sunberth, a city that was new to her in every aspect. In the end, she would have to know what to expect here. And who better to show her than an inhabitant of the city?

Vynia
It was written in blood.

Words: 18649
Joined roleplay: September 25th, 2011, 11:18 pm
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Darian on November 3rd, 2011, 4:43 pm

A dark cloud lifted from his face, and slowly he nodded, a lock of black hair falling from under his cowl to rest across his eye. The air smelling of decay, and hints of other smells a cross between blood and sweat filled his nostrils but he ignored it, his eyes steadily focused on the woman who stood before him, her intent bared for all to see. His breathing was deafening the the quiet stillness of the thick fog, his silence a testament to his consideration of her words. Darian's eyes lowered after a few moments stretched to their length, and with a slow shift of his hand he swung his blade from its resting place against his shoulder, and properly sheathed it, only looking back at there when it was set in place.

"You speak of learning now" his voice hissed across the space between them, his words soft yet sounding unfinished. A step forward displaced the mist that so covered them, sending a puff away before it gathered back again much in the same way. From the shadows of his cowl his eyes continued to stare coldly at the myrian, even as he thrust out a hand and splayed his fingers wide to greet her. "Not much will you learn in this fog, I'll see you over to a tavern though" Darian spoke whether or not she accepted his greeting, and would take a step forward into the mist, walking for where he thought the place to be, and displacing the fog in his wake.

I have retired Darian, and I apologize for any inconveniences this has caused with anyone threading with this character. Feel free to NPC him in any threads that he is involved in if that is of course ok with the moderator. Again, I am sorry for any inconveniences.
Darian
Player

Words: 270515
Joined roleplay: April 25th, 2011, 2:12 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Vynia on November 6th, 2011, 7:03 pm

Vynia noted the change in the man’s expression, and as he slowly nodded, she felt her heartbeat slow. Whatever he was contemplating as he scanned her standing before him, it kept him silent and still. Only the sound of their inhaling and exhaling broke the still. As he at last looked down and sheathed his bladed weapon, she watched him, and as he stepped forward, she found herself stepping back defensively. His words betrayed what she had gathered as an intent to advance on her, and she allowed herself to relax. Swallowing hard, she stepped forward to meet him and return the greeting. The shadows and fog cast an eerie picture, with this Myrian woman clasping the hand of the cold human before her. Never had she met a man that appeared so obsessed with bloodshed before, at least, not outside of Taloba.

As the man made his way through the labyrinth of fog and darkness, she followed him closely, slightly at his side. She said, ”Thank you,” and after some contemplation, added, ”I am named Vynia, of the Blooded Fangs.” The more she thought about it, the better she felt about sucking it up and deciding to take this stranger’s side. He was right, and she knew it. What was she doing roaming around Sunberth like she owned the place? If push came to shove, she would not have expected anyone to dive at her from the foggy shadows to slay her simply for being here. What kind of barbaric people were these inhabitants? Truth of the matter was, this place was far different from anything she had ever seen in Taloba. She would be lucky to last a solid day without some sort of confrontation, it seemed. She weighed her circumstances, and decided eventually that she was glad to have this stranger at her side. And if he was tricking her, well, there would be hell to pay, for sure. She could only hope that he wasn’t up to something.

Vynia
It was written in blood.

Words: 18649
Joined roleplay: September 25th, 2011, 11:18 pm
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Previous