Looking for People to help flesh out and RP a Plot Arc

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, characters should feel free to post their want-ads looking for new family members, friends, apprentices or teachers. There are stickies that will help you get started and formulate your posts so your needs are clearly stated.

Looking for People to help flesh out and RP a Plot Arc

Postby Pua on February 20th, 2010, 5:34 am

My PbP background is heavy on Plot Arcs, and I feel like attempting one here on Mizahar. Since Pua has to travel from Syliras to Taloba anyway I am going to RP the entire trip as a plot arc. Each role play in the Arc. I will of course be looking for various people inhabiting the regions Pua will be passing through. Below is a rough outline of the Arc and I am always open to ideas and suggestions.

Syliras: Pua has come to the city in search of an inventor he has heard of who might be able to improve upon the dreadful reload time of his crossbows. He winds up purchasing a reapeating crossbow from Alistair’s shop.

Wildlands: Pua must trek through the woods of Sylira to reach Zeltiva and secure passage on a ship

Zeltiva: Pua needs to find a ship to take him to Black Rock

The Burning Lands: Pua’s ship shipwrecks along the Eyktol coast. Eshatoh finds him wandering the desert and guides him to Ahnatep.

Ahnatep: having survived the burning lands, Pua needs another ship

Black Rock: Pua finally arrives in Black rock

The Jungle Wilds: Pua travels from Black rock to Taloba

Taloba: Pua gets home

I am also contemplating a pirate attack RP somewhere in the transit portion of the trip
Pua
Bald Jungle Hunk

Words: 45470
Joined roleplay: February 13th, 2010, 4:18 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Re: Looking for People to help flesh out and RP a Plot Arc

Postby Lebramme on February 20th, 2010, 5:47 am

I am looking to get from Sunberth to Black Rock, I could meet you in Zeltiva, and stick around until you reach Black Rock. =)
Lebramme
Curiousity at its Finest

Words: 6978
Joined roleplay: January 12th, 2010, 12:42 am
Race: Human

Postby Vespera on February 20th, 2010, 3:32 pm

I will likely be in Black Rock or thereabouts, and would be happy to join in there, if everything pieces together!
Vespera
Player

Words: 5678
Joined roleplay: February 11th, 2010, 11:41 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet

Postby Pua on February 21st, 2010, 3:21 am

YAY! You both are most welcome, of course.

@Lebramme: More than happy to have a traveling companion, if Lebramme can deal with the traveling with a cannibal thing. Since you'll be around for a large portion of the arc I would be happy to incorporate any story ideas you might come up with, and I'll probably blow up your pm inbox with plot planning. consider yourself warned ^^

@Vespera: Oh it will piece together, even if I have to jam the pieces in...>.> consider yourself in the Black Rocks RP, though it will take a bit of time to get to it. Like with Lebramme, I'm always happy to use any ideas you have and I'll PM you around the time the Ahnatep RP is ending to work out a plot/outline.

Pua
Bald Jungle Hunk

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Donor (1)

Postby Lebramme on February 25th, 2010, 7:48 pm

Good to hear, I think the first thing that should get hammered out is the timeline for each thread. Because of fluid time, it is technically possible to have all of these threads open at once, or even to tackle something like the Zeltiva thread and the Black Rock thread simultaneously. Whether you decide to multitask, or if you do them linear, setting the time frame for each thread helps everyone decide what they can and cannot do during the rest of the season. :D
Lebramme
Curiousity at its Finest

Postby Pua on February 25th, 2010, 11:21 pm

Good point ^^

I think for now I'd like to do them one at a time so that each RP can build upon the previous adventures, Back references and social development are what make Plot Arcs great (at least in my opinion >>). As for the Timeline, this will be Pua's only present time RP at the moment so I'm pretty flexible. everyone else has a stricter schedule so you'll need to tell me what works best for you.
Pua
Bald Jungle Hunk

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Donor (1)

Postby Vespera on February 26th, 2010, 12:26 am

I'll just wait for your PM, and we'll figure it out, Pua. :) I've got a thread going now and I have no idea where/when it'll end up (well, it will be in Black Rock, but you know what I mean), but I'm sure we'll fit something in somewhere!
Vespera
Player

Words: 5678
Joined roleplay: February 11th, 2010, 11:41 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet

Postby Lebramme on February 26th, 2010, 12:49 am

I'd like to be in Black Rock before Spring ends, otherwise I'm not busy.
Lebramme
Curiousity at its Finest

Postby Diem on March 10th, 2010, 5:22 pm

Montis should be in black rock soon, and I've been looking to get Diem into Zeltiva for one reason or another if your still looking for people.
Diem
Carpe Diem

Words: 28676
Joined roleplay: December 26th, 2009, 9:38 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Eshatoh on March 17th, 2010, 2:40 am

If we could sneak the Eyktol portion into the last 25 days or so, that would work great for me. Don't know if it's feasible, though.
Image rights for signature and avatar belong to TheGreenestRose and digitaldao respectively
Eshatoh
On the other side of the hill

Words: 36644
Joined roleplay: November 29th, 2009, 8:11 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Chaktawe
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Lore Author (1)

Next