[Adventure] Let's Make a Deal [Zefiel, Jaq, Weyliss, Sasin]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

[Adventure] Let's Make a Deal [Zefiel, Jaq, Weyliss, Sasin]

Postby Hunter on March 6th, 2010, 11:41 pm

Timestamp: 4th Day of Spring
Audience: Zefiel, Jaquise Emittere, Nyahna Sasin, Weyliss

The Sunset Falls were quiet. At least, it was as silent as a roaring waterfall could get. The normal crowd of sightseeing tourists was absent, and while there were still a few picnics set up along the base of the water, one man stood out in particular. This man was standing in front of the waterfalls at just the right angle, he seemed to glow in one giant mystifying effect. He stood there, his impassive expression hidden by the awkward lighting, hoping that someone had found the posters he hung around Syliras a few days prior. The message read that anyone up to an adventure should show him or herself at Sunset Falls on the 4th day of Spring at the 10th bell. It also said that any inquirers would instantly know who the man was when they saw him, and by the way he was illuminated, they most certainly would.

The man stood, seemingly expressionless, although inside he was more than excited. What he had discovered just a week before was amazing to behold, and anyone that could help him out in retrieving this discovery would be more than well-paid. Of course, there is always a risk to gain something, and this man was too much a coward to risk anything himself. This was the kind of person that wanted nothing other than to sit back lazily as others did his work for him. He would pay for their work, of course, but that's all he could do. He had even hired a man to hang his posters for him. No, this man was a lazy coward, there is no other way to phrase it.
Hunter
2 good 4 u

Words: 12186
Joined roleplay: February 7th, 2010, 5:18 pm
Race: Staff account

Re: [Adventure] Let's Make a Deal [Zefiel, Jaq, Weyliss, Sasin]

Postby Nyahna Sasin on March 7th, 2010, 12:56 am

He had never been to Sunset falls. It was beautiful. He stared up, entranced by what seemed to be a waterfall of pure gold. It was impressive. Very impressive. Even from all the way over here, he could hear the roar of the water crashing down. Still, that wasn't what he had come for.

Urging his horse forward, he grimanced. His riding skills were somewhere between "rusty" and "non existiential". Most likely closer to the latter. Glancing up ahead, he saw that it was a relatively smooth, straight path. Putting the reins down, he dared to twist, and reach into the saddle bags to extract the poster from them. He straightened up, satisfied that he wasn't going to fall off his horse. And naturally, Xinal, at that moment, decided it would be fun to go chase a rabbit.

"Sstop! Halt! Mush! Ssomething!" He yelped. He hissed something in Snaketongue, to no avail. He yanked at the reins in ineffectively, only causing the horse to grunt, and keep galloping. He really had no choice but to keep on holding on to Xinal's mane. Sasin finally gave up, and just held on, trying to adjust for this new speed. It wouldn't have been so bad if it had been just one woodland creature. But nooo, everytime Xinal caught up to one, he'd continue on, chasing after some other creature. They were zig-zaging on and off the path, which meant that by the time Xinal slowed down, Sasin was somewhat ..... dizzy.

Taking a shaky breath, Sasin finally admitted to himself that that was pathetic. Most riders were comfortable at that speed. Some would even consider that slow. And he had just hung on, terrified. "What wass that for?" He asked? Xinal just tossed his head. "Pleasse don't do that again." He sighed wearily. Xinal just gave him a reproachful look. Sasin could just hear the horse now. "It's your own fault. You don't take me out enough. And why did you buy me if you can't handle me?" It was a valid point, though. Bloodbanes were riding horses, not pack animals. And Sasin had only been taking him at a trot so far. "Alright. If you promise not to do that ever again when we're on a mission, I'll take you out sometimes." In all honesty, he wasn't sure why he was talking to his horse.

Arriving at the base of the waterfall, he checked the poster that was miraculously still in his hand. Yep. It was here and now. Dismounting, he turned to the horse. "Stay here. Or somewhere I can see you."

Looking around, it was obvious who his employer was. Walking over to the man, Sasin showed him the poster. "What's this about?"

(Sheesh, most of this is about my horse. I just started writing, and things escalated from there.)
Nyahna Sasin
The snakepuppy assassin

Words: 164919
Joined roleplay: December 21st, 2009, 8:24 am
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Weyliss on March 7th, 2010, 5:05 am

A lone man made his way among the trees. They where plentiful, and as far as his eye could see, an endless sea of green. Weyliss was used to it, the wilds, the massive forests surrounding the golden city of Syliras. Still, he should have seen a break in the tree line by now.

One foot in front of the other... The truth was that the young man had a destination to reach. He made for an interesting sight. The black hair was unkempt, and the youthful face was covered in healing scrapes and bruises. A leather cuirass covered the chest, with a matching pair of greaves adorning the upper legs.

Re-adjusting his pack with his free hand, the warrior gripped a shortbow. He could feel the weight of the pack, combined with the two quivers, and his great sword with each and every tiresome step. He should have stopped for a break an hour ago, but he had been so sure that he would have made it out of the forest by now...

Making a face, he tried his best to blow the hair out of his eyes. Suddenly, Weyliss found himself standing on a rock, flanked by trees, with nothing but blue in front of him. A large field could be seen, and off in the distance, a sparkling glint could be made out. water

Panting, the young man gave nobody in particular a broad smile. Hastening his pace, the warrior made way for the famed Sunset Falls. While usually a tourist attraction, Weyliss' intentions where not to take in the pretty scenery. Pulling out a piece of paper out from underneath his belt, the man studied the poster. It claimed that anyone looking for adventure should show themselves at Sunset Falls on this day. Weyliss was far from a freelance mercenary, and normally wouldn't stoop to such antics, but as it so happened, he needed money. Not that his own, idle curiosity was completely innocent...

The waterfall was quite visible now, and several figures where grouped at its base. From this distance, Weyliss could hardly make either out, and with an impatient sigh, he re-adjusted the bothersome pack, and approached the two.
Weyliss
Aegis

Words: 73298
Joined roleplay: March 2nd, 2010, 5:15 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Zefiel on March 7th, 2010, 5:50 am

Zefiel arrived next, riding his Gilding, with his Shadow Hound keeping pace right next to him. Tucked into his belt was the poster, right next to the wooden Lakan he kept with him at all times. He stopped just before arriving at the waterfall, slid off his horse, and made his way slowly towards the sound of water, keeping as silent as possible and sticking to what shadows he could find. Ntir followed, keeping as silent as his master, as the two looked to see who else was had followed the directions to the waterfall. Seeing the three already there, Z slid on his gauntlents, pulled the hood of his cloak up over his head, to hide his face, and made his way out of the shadows, towards the waterfall, Ntir following closely.

As he did, he looked down at his boots and grinned. These were true assassins tools. Bladed boots, used to spring a surprise attack on an enemy who believe you to be disarmed. Also fairly good against most people in armor, as they never protected the groin area. Big mistake for them, if they ever went up against Z. He kept walking and looked up again, reaching up to shift his backpack slightly. It wasn't heavy, as he was wearing what he could, carrying what was small enough to carry, and his tent was folded and tucked tightly into his saddlebags, along with everything else too large to haul around. He also had a torch and some flint and steel in his bag, along with rope and his bedroll.
Zefiel
Hugh Zefner

Words: 6384
Joined roleplay: February 22nd, 2010, 3:45 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet

Postby Hunter on March 7th, 2010, 2:56 pm

The man acknowledged Sasin with a nod. "We will talk in a moment, but as you can see," He said, pointing out two seemingly random people in the crowd, "we have more people coming, and I wouldn't mind saving my breath." His face was still emotionless, which gave him the advantage of an air of mystery. Yet, even at close quarters, the three would hardly be able to make out his face because of the glowing falls behind him. "By the way," he said while he was still out of earshot from the others, "you should really take that horse out more, it'll get you some practice after all..." At this the horse shook it's mane, as if agreeing with the man. Finally the two arrived, each one about a minute apart.

"Welcome, I'm guessing your here because of the poster... Nah, of course you are. Anyways," the man began, continuously raising and lowering his voice to find a comfortable pitch to shout over the Sunset Falls, "let me make this short. You guys accept my mission, promise not to try and harm me, and then you'll be paid gratefully. Plus, I won't have you killed. By the way, my name is Jason!" Jason spoke the words almost jokingly, but there was more seriousness behind them than noticeable.

The man had found on of a kind text from pre-Valterrian times. This text explained the location of a noble's inheritance, hidden because of paranoia, before that noble's entire family was killed. Being the lazy type he was, Jason wanted nothing to do with finding the actual treasure, which was luckily in a little known place the Valterrian didn't destroy. This was why he needed everyone to give their word. If one person prevented him from getting the treasure he didn't deserve, he would indeed have them all killed.
Hunter
2 good 4 u

Postby Jaquise Emittere on March 8th, 2010, 10:50 pm

The poster had been right, Jaq had known from the onset who the man he was supposed to meet was. It had caught his eye as he had traveled through the great bazaar. An adventure wasn't exactly what Jaq was looking for, but the fools who thought such things paid good money and he thought of at least hearing the person out before deciding.

The meeting place, Sunset Falls, was an apparent tourist attraction, though what tourists there were probably came from Syliras considering how dangerous travel was. Jaq stood a little off to the side of the falls in the less occupied space between the trees. He currently was leaning against one of them with his black broad rimmed hat tipped down over his face. It was at an angle though to allow him to observe the goings on of those around him. A picnic hear, a family there. He himself had never really had time to come here when he used to live in the city, and now it had lost what little charm it might have held for him back then. From a tactical standpoint such a place offered the person a wide variety of ways to escape, while at the same time remaining public enough to discourage any but the most violent of individuals. Jaq had chosen an oblique point in the crowd that allowed him to view the others that came to see the man. Three had shown up and the mercenary studied each warily with his good eye, careful to keep his fake closed in case a stray thought set it off and he began seeing aura's. Its more annoying then useful for some so ill trained like he is.

The first arrived on horse. Or the horse arrived with him. It was hard to tell who was in charge. He was immediately noticeable for two thing, a lot of black leather and an height that maybe reached Jaq's waist. Turning away to face the fall Jaq observed from the corner of his eye as the newcomer spoke to the man they were both here to see. Over the sound of water Jaq couldn't hear a word of it.

The second man to walk toward the employer was only a head taller then the last and probably reached Jaq's shoulders. He wore leather to, though it looked more like armor, and a set of greaves that reminded Jaq how uncomfortable his own set felt at the moment. The man was toned, and no wonder considering the sword that hung from his back under his quiver. Jaq made a mental note to avoid bothering this one.

The last one to arrive made Jaq, a man of decent height or so he always though, look about as tall as the on in black leather. He wore no armor or weapons, and had a cloak drawn over his head. The giant man was keeping to the shadows so it was only by luck that Jaq saw the color blue. Suddenly the height made sense to Jaq, who had spent some time years ago in Riverfall. It was one of the only places Jaq every really felt comfortable. If he ever chose to settle down it would definitely be there. The man was an Akalak. Not the tallest one Jaq had ever met, but not the shortest either.

Jaq waited a moment or two to see if anyone else would arrive before turning his gaze back to the group that had begun to form. With an effort of willpower Jaq closed his right eye and opened his left eye, allowing himself to take in more then what was already evident. Suddenly the world was full of light. Everything and everyone there had a glow about them that seemed to radiate from within them. For some it was bright, for other it was dark, but it was there for all. Even the falls seemed to have a glow of their own, one that cascaded down the rocks with the water in a turbulent current of light and sound. It was breathtaking. And distracting as hell. Jaq was only able to get a glance at each of the people he noted earlier before he was forced to close his eye. With his eye's closed he took a moment to reflect on what he saw.

The first he noted, the short one wearing all leather, had an odd aura to it. It didn't seem normal. Even now as he thought back on it the nature of the problem he saw continually alluded his attention, slipping away before he could pin down what it was. The second man had been more clear. His aura was dimmer then most, though not darker by much. There was a difference, and the first few times Jaq hadn't been able to tell what it was. He didn't seem like a bad person but something weighed heavily on his soul. The last aura was both vibrant and dark. It worried Jaq the most. The Akalak was one to be wary of, even if he had no weapons.

The employer had, maybe purposefully, masked his own aura with that of the waterfalls. Annoying twit.

With everyone evaluated Jaq chose that moment to reveal himself. He wasn't exactly a hard to miss sight himself, wearing his ostentatious black jacket unbuttoned, hiding his vambracers and hiding all but the hands of his spiked gauntlets. His greaves creaked a little as he walked forward. The only thing that could have kept the others from noticing him earlier was the fact that he had come a great deal earlier and hid on the opposite side where everyone else arrived. There was no telling if someone would come through the woods on his side, but that was a dangerous gamble to make simply for a sneak peek.

Jaq put on his best smile, opened his fake eye, and tilted his broad rimmed hat at a more comfortable position. He walked with the confidence of a man who has a better idea of what he's dealing with the the others, and for the first time in a while it wasn't a complete lie. When he had gotten about ten feet away from the others he spoke loudly enough to be heard over the water. "How are you fine gentleman doing today." and then joined the loosely formed group at its outer edges. "Sorry I'm late fellas. Fell asleep over there in the trees waiting." Jaq made a sweeping gesture in the direction of the group of trees he had just walked out of several paces away. "So what did I miss while I was a nap'pen?"
Jaquise Emittere
Magic Swordsman

Words: 173150
Joined roleplay: January 10th, 2010, 2:59 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nyahna Sasin on March 9th, 2010, 1:39 am

Sasin groaned as the man mentioned the horse. " You too? Yess, I ssupposse you're right." He admitted. He waited for the other two to arrive. First was a human, male, and about a half foot taller than him. There seemed to be nothing much interesting about him. The next one was an Alakak. This one was rediculously tall.

"let me make this short. You guys accept my mission, promise not to try and harm me, and then you'll be paid gratefully. Plus, I won't have you killed. By the way, my name is Jason!"

Sasin smirked. "Blunt, and to the point." He shook his head. "You have my word."

He glanced back as yet another tall person came. "Gah! Curse you, Tall people." He grumbled jokingly.

"Anyways, I'm Sasin."
Nyahna Sasin
The snakepuppy assassin

Words: 164919
Joined roleplay: December 21st, 2009, 8:24 am
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Weyliss on March 9th, 2010, 3:17 pm

Weyliss eyed this man 'Jason' through half-closed eyes. When the man started to outline their task, he listened intently, memorizing each and every detail. It wasn't until the third man's arrival that he started to take stock of the motley band. The first arrival wore quite a bit of black, for camouflage or simple aesthetic taste, he couldn't tell. The small frame, and the equipment he wore spoke of someone who made a living doing less then honorable things. Weyliss wasn't sure if he had an opinion on that. The second was quite tall, and judging by the blue skin, he was a...a.. Ackasniffasomething. He couldn't remember the damned name. Fearsome fighters who lived in the remote city of Riverfell? Fall? The man's hood covered his face, and Weyliss couldn't find any hint of emotion as they listened.

He regarded their 'employer' with something regarding disdain. His expression was soft, serene even, but he had several inner doubts. The first was that this man wasn't going himself. Which meant he expected danger. The fact that he was hiring them, meant he had money to be able to hire more. If he didn't want to pay them all, he could easily pay one of them to silence the other two. Even more disconcerting, was that despite the description of the location, he didn't seem to have it pinpointed down.

The arrival of the fourth and presumably final member of the group interrupted the young man's dark thoughts. This man's overall appearance was hard for Weyliss to judge. His eyes where first attracted to the 'golden' eye. Yet, overall, the man looked every bit your common mercenary. A bit pale perhaps, but his apparel and weaponry spoke of someone who had been doing this for quite a while. The Katana drew his attention almost as much as the 'eye'. Katana's where rare, and very expensive, requiring an expert weaponsmith. So it went without saying that 'business' was going quite well for this man. When nobody answered the man's queries, he rubbed at the thin line of hair running down his jaw.

"Typical treasure hunt. Not much more details then that I'm afraid."

Turning back to Jason, he spoke softly.

"As well as mine. I will get you these goods."

The first man revealed himself as Sasin, Weyliss cracked his neck, and gave the smallest of waves with a gloved hand.

"Weyliss."

Nothing else to be said really. They where all warriors, and the truest form of conversation among such, was fighting side by side. Watching someone's form and technique told much more about them then any simple name.
Weyliss
Aegis

Words: 73298
Joined roleplay: March 2nd, 2010, 5:15 pm
Character sheet

Postby Zefiel on March 9th, 2010, 10:31 pm

Zefiel chose silence as his means of communication. No point in talking with any of them, when just by showing up he had accepted the job. He did take the time to glare at each and ever member of the group, though. He didn't have to like them to work with them. After glaring at them, he focused his attention on Jason and the job description. Nodding, the Akalak grinned as he reached down to pet his dog. Ntir growled slightly and sat down, staring at the others.

"We'll work with them. Call me Z," he stated, his voice cold as he slid his spiked gauntlets onto his hands under cover of his cloak.
Zefiel
Hugh Zefner

Words: 6384
Joined roleplay: February 22nd, 2010, 3:45 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet

Postby Hunter on March 16th, 2010, 7:28 pm

Jason looked each man up and down as they talked to each other. He didn't like the idea of having four people doing this job. He could probably manage one untrustworthy person, but four was risking it. Alas, he didn't see another choice and when they seemed to have stopped talking he spoke again. "Alright then, are you some kind of team? Or did you just coincidentally arrive at the same time? Not that it matters, I plan to give the same amount of reward either way" He spoke arrogantly, as if he felt much more important than 3 mercenaries. Almost as though he thought he could overpower them, and considering he had three crossbows pointed at them, he was probably right. From different points in the surrounding area, his minions were keeping guard. Of course, these men would have no way of knowing that. The crossbow was a slow weapon, and if it's users didn't have good cover it'd be hard to get time to reload without getting killed.

"The job is simple," Jason began, "I happen to have the key to a chest that's hidden somewhere around Pavi Lake. You bring me the chest, I open the chest, I split the reward. Got it?"
Hunter
2 good 4 u

Next