Alone in the dark forest, don't rest, don't rest [Nai'shee]

Meeting between two robbers

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Lyam on February 20th, 2012, 5:13 pm

No little game on this deep and dark forest, not a single rabbit to crunch for my diner. I was so hungry that I was about to try to hunt bigger game like hart or else, what was however much more dangerous for a lonely wolf. And then I heard it.

Whatever it was, it was completely out of breath and did not run very fast. Easy prey.

I followed the sound the faster I could and soon I arrived few feet behind my next meal. Let's jump and eat. My muscles were ready, and my stomach was already pleased as I was having a look to my ... ho sh**, a human.

How could I have missed that ? The smell you idiot! I should have smelled before running head first. Angry, I turned my heels and went away, but after two or three steps, I turned back again. She was a young girl. And after all, I was not so hungry... and I suddenly deeply wanted to play.

So I laid in the bottom, between branches and rocks, ready to jump again. And I growled, as if to say: "Hey lady, did you see me ? I'm the big bad wolf, and I will eat you. You should run".

It worked as it used to, and I leapt to the attack.

[OCC: I don't know whether it's enough?]
Last edited by Lyam on February 23rd, 2012, 1:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Exams period, sorry for all the people who are waiting for me!
Lyam
Silenced by the night

Words: 88344
Joined roleplay: February 5th, 2012, 3:11 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Nai'shee on February 21st, 2012, 10:54 pm

OOCNo worries, I really like it, I told you, I'm sorry mine is a bit long, it's just introduction, I feel like continuing the other thread I showed you...
She felt like waking up from deep dream. She tried to stand up, ending up half sitting with enormous pain in her head that pulled her back on ground. By the way her body and surroundings changed she concluded she was asleep for a while. She probably collapsed from the usage of Flux, it wouldn't be her first time. Her legs still hurt, but it wasn't horrible, cutting pain like it was before her sleep, it was deep, slow, almost hard to notice, but irritating and it hurt more if she moved her legs. Except constant buzzing her head wasn't able to accept forest sounds. Everything felt so dizzy.

After she took her time to rest she remembered the map and her job, and decided to finally take a look at the bag. And it wasn't just that, the fact it was a day meant she was probably asleep for 24 hours, maybe even more and she needed to deliver her prey, so the whole thing wouldn't go to waste. She stood up to the sitting position, ignoring headache and pain in legs, and opened the bag. There wasn't much in there. There was a wallet, with few Mizas inside, amount rich usually carry around if they get a chance to show their status, few papers, some paperwork, who knows, maybe some important business. Still, she haven't had much interest in that, she can't use it without being spotted. He had a bottle of water too. He was probably ill or something, so he had to hydrate often. She gratefully drank all of it. Her throat desperately seemed, completely dry, dried out by time she spent asleep. She put the bottle back, finally getting to see her pray, the map. It was Mathew's bay, she knew that much, and she saw a island everything was about. It was a bit far from Zeltiva. She wasn't best at geography, but she thought closest continental land was jungle. It's no doubt nobody would spot a island like that.

After she rested and counted her things, she packed everything up, except Mizas from wallet and the map, which she hide in her pocket and T-shirt. She wanted to get back to docks fastest she was able to, without Flux, certainly, so she would be sure captain haven't left Zeltiva just yet. She desired to copy the map, but she hadn't got a way to do it, nor time. She memorized location the best she could, along with coordinates on the map, hoping that's enough. She started running, or jogging, or probably walking in stupid way as if she was running. The pain was killing her, and she hoped to be able to stand it, not now, but after she gets her money and everything.

Her silly run was interrupted by a mere wolf in her way. After first shock passed she realized it wasn't just a mere wolf, but the wild animal in middle of winter, probably hungry and willing to eat her. She took a step back, on her second she tripped and almost fallen back. She took few deep breathes, trying not to look at animals eyes. She wasn't sure what would more likely kill her - this wolf right here or using Flux more than this. She didn't know what to do. Praying was usually no help, she learned it trough tough years she lived, fighting with her skills is usually no help either, and running away is usually best solution, but she cannot allow herself more freedom than up to this moment. She can't waste anymore Djed, she haven't even took time to regenerate it, only thing she have done is drinking that water, and it was nothing, she was still thirsty, tired, not to mention hunger.
ABSENCE
Common
Fratava
Nai'shee
One day, you'll all know my name

Words: 240186
Joined roleplay: December 30th, 2011, 7:22 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Lyam on February 22nd, 2012, 7:57 am

My game ended just few seconds after it began. What was the hell? I growled more furiously: "Hey girl, run! Don't you like your life?". But she didn't take a look at me. She was scared, but it seemed to me she was so tired that she already knew she couldn't save her life by ruunning. Blast it, this day was definitely not my lucky day. No pray to eat, no healthy human to play with.

So, what was up now? She was already afraid and resigned to be killed by what she certainly thought to be a wild and hungry wolf. I'd already won infact. But this time, I wasn't pleased at all. Too much easy.

Then I saw her bag, and a new hope flashed my mind. "Lady, lady, would you run to save your things?". It took me no more than two seconds to catch her bag between my teeth and to run away. Without turning back, I run through the forest with agility, avoiding all branches and roots with a wild ease. My ears were carefully scanning the sounds around me. Would she finally follow?

OOCEr... not much longer than the other xD But what could I'd add? I could describe you the forest but... does it really matters ^^'
Last edited by Lyam on February 23rd, 2012, 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lyam
Silenced by the night

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Nai'shee on February 22nd, 2012, 1:00 pm

"NO!", she screamed at wolf, as if he could understand. She actually already took things she wanted from the bag, but yet, that was kind of prove that must be hidden. If this wolf carries it near the city and somebody sees him, she won't be able to go back, at least not from same direction. She wanted to follow, but her legs were already shaking, out of fear and tiredness. She took a step forward in direction wolf gone, then another, and then another. But it didn't matter, by the time she passed few trees she would guess he was mile away.

Sudden thought interrupted her attempts to chase that animal. Why did he only pick up the bag? Why didn't he attack while he was able to? She was pretty defenseless, and it was really noticeable. Why didn't he attack? She couldn't come up with the answer, but the only thing she was able to was to scream. "Wolf!", she called. She had no idea why is she calling animal back, why is she even trying to talk to animal, but it was stronger than her. She had to hide that stupid bag and she was really curious what was everything about.
ABSENCE
Common
Fratava
Nai'shee

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Lyam on February 22nd, 2012, 1:32 pm

No footsteps behind me despite all my efforts to make her move. She was so far from me now, that I could hardly hear his voice when she called me "Wolf!". Er, was that a joke? Did she really think I would come back like a nice doggy? However, I stopped.

This kind of situation was certainly not usual. And maybe for the first time in my short life, I really hesitated about what I'd rather do. On one hand, I remembered how hungry I was, and just wanted to run forward and find something to eat. But on the other hand... I didn't know. This girl was not like the other human I'd met.

To let me the time to think about it, I decided to open the bag and see whether it contained some food. I shifted quickly to a human and rooted around for some piece of bread or meat or anything else. I picked an empty bottle with anger, and then I understood that this girl did not have more food than I did. I sighed, so what was up?

I closed the bag, shifted back and peered behind me through the deep and dark forest. She was not coming. I wouldn’t have any fun this day.
Neither would she, my conscious whispered.
Oh, shut up you fool. I’m not a servant knight.
No, but you’re a protector, did you forget?
I was definitely hating those kind of dilemma. Should I come back and protect her? I had other things to do! Er… had I? Obviously not, in fact. Ok, ok. Let’s be a good wolf. The bag on my jaws, I turned on my heels.

It did not take me long to find the girl and give her back the bag. I just spewed out of a bush, and let the bag fall near her feet. She did not move a single member. Then I sat on my behind, and looked at her straight in the eyes. My mouth was half opened, and I let my tong hung between my lips. I was no more a nightmare; I tried to be a guardian angel. Would she understand? I really didn’t want her to see me in my human form. I didn’t want to speak. I just… you know, I just wanted her to be safe.

Lyam
Silenced by the night

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Nai'shee on February 22nd, 2012, 2:47 pm

Nai'shee was kneeing on the branches and leafs at the forests' ground when he came back. She was barely able to believe he actually did that. He left bag before her and sat, cooling himself like any normal dog. He was taller than her while she was sitting like that. He looked at her, and she wasn't sure what could the whole thing mean. She slowly approached her hand, trying to pet him a bit.

"Oh, my, could you be a Klevic?", she wondered out loud. She smiled at him, without a proper answer from him. Even if he was, she wouldn't feel like taking human form at this cold weather and in the middle of forest, where he was at ease as a wolf. And there's a possibility he's just ordinary wolf, but than obviously somebody trained him. "Are you hungry?", she asked, hoping for a reaction this time. She was hungry as well, and a bit of money she stole from that man should be enough for a proper lunch. Or early dinner, she thought looking at the sky trough countless branches hiding the sky. She wasn't sure about leading a wolf into the city, but she could bring something. Anyway, it would probably last, she is slow right now. In fact, she felt better than when she first woke up, but she wasn't close to her best.
ABSENCE
Common
Fratava
Nai'shee

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Lyam on February 22nd, 2012, 8:18 pm

She understood with ease and without any fear. I was glad she did. But when she approached her hand, I remained pokerfaced while promising myself to bit her if she came too near. I was not a dog! It was not because I was an animal that she could touch me like that. But fortunately, she didn’t; it could have been a problem for me to hurt someone I tried to protect.

“Are you hungry?”

I nodded; what a real wolf certainly wouldn’t have done and I saw her smiling in return. Then she stood up and looked at me, inviting me to follow her. I stood on my four paws and walked slowly on her footsteps. Soon I understood she was coming back to the city, certainly to buy something to eat. I found it cool, but she didn’t seem to have thought about a little detail: I was a wolf. People feared wolf. Yes but… of course! Near a human, I was no more a wolf; I was a protector, I became a “nice” Kelvic, and I was accepted. Suddenly I looked at her in a different way. I was his protector against beast and physical hurts, but she was my protector against… the other human beings. She offered me my pass to enter the town without hiding my personality.

It didn’t take us so long to go back to the city. And when we went through the streets full of people I was pride to be by her side. We were both tired and hungry, and looked quite pitiful, but I thought that somewhere, we were happier than most of poeple in the world.

Lyam
Silenced by the night

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Nai'shee on February 22nd, 2012, 10:28 pm

She quickly hid the bag, burying it into endless land of the forest. After it was covered by earth it was safe to go back to the city. They were walking quietly, but it was somehow enjoyable. She usually used to be the one not willing to shut up, so now she realized what she was missing. Just feeling someones' presence like this felt good, warm. They didn't have to say anything, they were accompanies at this little trip for food and that was enough. It didn't matter if they're going to see each other again or not. After a while she concluded, by his calm attitude, he wasn't worried about entering the city by her side. He wouldn't be the only Klevic to accompany a human that way. And somehow, despite her own confidence, she felt powerful with a beast by her side. She didn't even think about him betraying her in some way, it just felt too good to be fake.

She spent all of the mans' money to buy 3lb of ham. She knew it was too much, perhaps maybe not for her new friend, but certainly it was for her. However, she had to recover lost Djed, after all she collapsed for a day or two, she couldn't think about finances now, at this cold weather hunger mixed with overdoing Flux could kill her. And, after all, she wondered how hungry could a wolf be at this season of year. Prey was probably rare, most animals hibernated or moved away, even from Zeltiva, who had rather dry, but cold and windy winters. Luckily they gifted her a heavy purse to carry her ham, so she came out with a smile. "Let's find a place to eat properly", she told him, avoiding sights of people around them, obviously a bit scared of his monstrous appearance, but still calm about his presence in the city. She thought will it be better to go back to the forest or find some peaceful part of city. She gave hem a gentle sign that he could lead from now.
ABSENCE
Common
Fratava
Nai'shee

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Lyam on February 23rd, 2012, 7:47 am

I staid outside when she entered a little building to buy some food. People were looking at me with both fear and respect, but for once I didn’t care. And when she came back with a big piece of ham, I knew I’d done the good choice.
"Let's find a place to eat properly" she said, inviting me to lead from now.
I exactly knew where I wanted to eat and didn’t wait to guide her through the city. We walked fast, and soon we arrived in the dock, by the sea. But this was not the place I wanted to show her. The docks were too noisy, too dirty. So I continued and went along the docks until no boat or mariner could disturb us anymore. We had walked half an hour or most, and I saw her worrying whether I would stop one day or not. I was smiling; a wolf smile: the tong outside my jaws, showing my white teeth. And the happiness in my eyes, of course. And there we were.

In front of us laid the wide, wide sea, blue green and grey, with its groaning wave and its wild albatross. No ship on the horizon, no proof of any civilisation disturbing the magnificence of the land. Around us, the land, green grey and brown, a little hill were we stood with pride and around nothing more than wilderness. Thanks to the fog, we couldn’t see the city either. We were alone, alone in the beautiful nature. I sat on my behind, waiting for her reaction.

Lyam
Silenced by the night

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Nai'shee on February 26th, 2012, 10:35 am

She left a long sigh, looking at beautiful landscape. She could remember only few things she saw in life that matched beauty of this: pure, untouched nature, endless ocean and soft earth, intertwined by grass and little pieces of stone. The fog was tickling her skin, it wasn't cold, but it left weird, wet feeling that told her she is going to freeze when she leaves. But she absolutely didn't care. "It's wonderful", she murmured to Klevic when she was able to talk again. She had no idea how come she never noticed this place before, despite her sneaking all over the city and wilderness. Oh, if she just found this sooner... Dozens of thoughts already came in her mind, as she promised not to make any of them truth. This place must remain untouched like it is, without her building small tent or anything. Still, she could come and sleep over just like this in Summer.

She smiled at wolf, unpacking their food from purse. She torn meat into pieces and gave him most of it. No matter how hungry she is, she was aware she won't be able to eat this much. She leaned onto the tree behind her, looking at the horizon, and started eating greedily. She wasn't aware she was so hungry until the moment she bit a part of ham. That woke her up and she started to eat quickly, almost forgetting about the wolf Klevic and her surroundings.

OOCSorry for taking so much time, I was busy in school, I barely can keep up with seasonal quest.TTwTT
ABSENCE
Common
Fratava
Nai'shee

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Next