[Wright Memorial Library] Never a Spare Moment (Nai'shee)

While grading papers for Professor Cyril, Satevis runs into another member of the Martial Association of Zeltiva.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Satevis on May 20th, 2012, 4:05 am

Nai'shee, Satevis realized, was taking this remarkably well under the circumstances. Then again, she was a student at the University of Zeltiva, so she had probably at least heard of the Ethaefal. He knew that at least two others had been in Zeltiva within the past five years, because he had met them--Eridanus, who had been a student at the university at some point, and Pash'nar, who occasionally came in from the sea. Still, she did seem surprised, and he could see why. Knowing about the Ethaefal and learning that someone you knew was Ethaefal were two completely different things.

"Apologies," he said. "I meant to properly explain things to you before my transformation, but I lost track of time." Talking about Reimancy generally did that to him. He picked up his quill again, taking the last of the set of star charts he had to grade. "I didn't properly introduce myself at the Storm Shrine," he said, looking over the table at her. "I am called Satevis, son of Leth. Sorry for startling you."

Credit for avatar and signature go to Coltyn
Satevis
Player

Words: 259272
Joined roleplay: April 29th, 2012, 8:37 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Nai'shee on June 3rd, 2012, 8:47 pm

She couldn't stop staring at him for quiet a few moments, both from shock for finding out he was Ethaefal and from stunning, facin that surreal beauty again caused her. It has been a long time, after all. She blinked and turned away, looking down. Short stare was, however, noticeable. She couldn't stop admiring those divine creatures. She wondered how it is, being son or daughter of fellow lovers, Leth and Syna. What is it, the world they fall from? Why do they want to go back so desperately? But she always thought it was too intimidate thing to ask. She concluded it was something deeply personal.

"No worries", she responded, still looking down. It was her fault after all and she distracted him from his work too. She only looked up when he offered to properly introduce himself, looking at his violet eyes. The color was soft and clear, the same way pale blue or gray eyes are. "Don't mention it", she said clearly, as she collected her thoughts by now, "I understand you won't go around telling everybody that you're Ethaefal if it's unnecessary." Her statement was followed by cheerful shrug as she did not want to overdo the topic. She was sure he didn't feel too comfortable and she surely didn't. She'll get used to it, for sure.

"What were we on about?", she frowned, trying to remember. It took her few more moments to fight away her surprise and dig back to conversation topic. "Oh, yeah, Reimancy. How good are you? I'm actually thinking about skill trade, if you're interested in magic. I'm pretty good with Flux, ya know, and I offered it among skills for Trente's organization." He seemed like he would make a good teacher and she needed someone to practice with and also nobody contacted her for Flux just yet, so she felt a bit useless. She knew nobody would practice in the middle of famine, but it didn't help her paranoia.
ABSENCE
Common
Fratava
Nai'shee
One day, you'll all know my name

Words: 240186
Joined roleplay: December 30th, 2011, 7:22 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Satevis on June 7th, 2012, 2:06 am

"Yes, Reimancy," he said with a nod, when Nai'shee started trying to bring the conversation back. "I'm...fairly competent at it. I've managed to learn two elements, so that says something at least. I'm not as good as a university instructor would be, but if you're just starting out...I should be able to help you along." In truth, he wasn't really sure about his teaching ability, but he was willing to try. He had never taught magic before, but he didn't see how it would be much different from any other form of teaching, besides the risk of overgiving.

"We do share an element," he added with a nod towards Nai'shee. "Water is one of mine." It wasn't his first element, but it was the one he had been using the most as of late. Unlike fire, water didn't come with the added worry of it blowing up in your face. Overgiving was still a possibility, but using water greatly lessened the danger of backlash from Reimancy. It was a cruel trick of the gods that most people started with fire.

"I was actually considering learning Flux," he said when she mentioned they could trade skills. "It seems like the sort of thing that would be useful. There is no initiation process for it, is there?" He knew that other branches of personal magic had some form of initiation. Leeching was one, and he had forgotten the other.

Credit for avatar and signature go to Coltyn
Satevis
Player

Words: 259272
Joined roleplay: April 29th, 2012, 8:37 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Nai'shee on June 19th, 2012, 1:27 pm

"I just need somebody to explain this to me", she pointed at the book, "but I believe...", she took a quick glance at the paper she just took from him, "Woodsworth will do the job". She smiled. "But I also need someone to practice with. I'm constantly afraid of overgiving, so I hardly ever practice on days I have classes or use Flux, which is pretty much every day."

"Really? That's amazing! I know very few Reimancers, but none uses water..." Fire was fairly most common element. And some fire users really liked to mess with it, when she looks back. It was really good that she started with water, for so many reasons...

"Very." It was fairly the most useful trick she knew. She wouldn't be able to survive until now if she didn't. "No, no initiation process. It is the most simple and basic form of magic I heard of. It's really theoretically simple, and to be fair practically too when you get used to it, it has no initiation and you cannot overgive. You can only destroy your own body by pushing it too hard. You know, muscles and stuff." Nai'shee didn't know much about anatomy, but she knew that she did not want to stay paralyzed due to Flux overuse and she knew she'll have to stop abusing ability soon enough. Probably even using it at all. "But there's no real danger if you give up the skill after a while. Damage is long-termed and you won't feel anything unless you constantly use it for years." She scanned trough the next page of the book and nervously closed it up, maybe little too harshly. Cruel eyes of librarian probably tried to kill her from distance, but she didn't notice. She couldn't concentrate anymore, she'll just leave this for tomorrow. "I guess that's my lesson one", she said, smiling again.
ABSENCE
Common
Fratava
Nai'shee
One day, you'll all know my name

Words: 240186
Joined roleplay: December 30th, 2011, 7:22 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Previous