Hi I am new.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Hi I am new.

Postby Iselanda Snowsong on April 6th, 2013, 11:44 pm

HI PEOPLE OF MIZAHAR!! If it wasn't obvious I am new. I don't know how to do anything except read things that try to tell me what to do. I have read the starter packets, character sheet info, things on my race, and other important things someone might give me on this thread. So anyway.

My PC name is Iselanda Snowsong. My actual name for now will just be Mani. I don't need stalkers or creepers. (jk) A friend of mine introduced this too me and she gave mizahar high praise for original races and things like that so I had to check it out.

I am hooked, but I haven't started doing anything. I just wanted to say hi. No reply necessary. Just read. :D

EDIT: I need you too answer a question though. How do you subscribe? I can't figure it out.
"For when I speak Vini"
"For when I speak Common"
"This is NPC!"
Iselanda Snowsong
I dance to share my story.

Words: 6510
Joined roleplay: April 5th, 2013, 10:13 pm
Location: I am located under your bed. If you look hard enough you should find me.
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet

Hi I am new.

Postby Magpie on April 7th, 2013, 6:15 pm

Welcome, welcome! The mass of lore can be a bit daunting at first, but you do get the hang of it after a while :) If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to message me, or the Storytellers of whatever domain you settle down in.

At the very bottom of the page for any thread or forum, below the "Who Is Online" section, you'll see three links on the left hand side, the second of which is to subscribe. Let me know if you have any trouble with it!
Office ~ Riverfall ~ Starting Guide ~ Q & A Forum
Moderated Threads: Full up right now, sorry!
Magpie
A-flutter

Words: 324445
Joined roleplay: January 28th, 2013, 4:49 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Hi I am new.

Postby Iselanda Snowsong on April 7th, 2013, 8:48 pm

OKAY!! I have a question. Also thank you for replying to my introductions thing. So anyway. I am doing a flashback, but I don't know if I am allowed to RP a current event as well. So am I allowed to do a flashback and a normal RP?
"For when I speak Vini"
"This is NPC!"
Iselanda Snowsong

Location: I am located under your bed. If you look hard enough you should find me.
Character sheet

Hi I am new.

Postby Magpie on April 8th, 2013, 8:59 pm

You can roleplay as many threads at a time as you like. You keep track of them on your CS by marking what thread takes place on what day, so your character isn't double booked, or jumping from place to place without regards to travel time.
Magpie
A-flutter

Office
Scrapbook
Featured Contributor (1)

Hi I am new.

Postby Iselanda Snowsong on April 9th, 2013, 2:15 am

Thank you! Also...... Another question.
I want to get a job and gain skills and what not, but who do I talk to about that to get that stuff?
"For when I speak Vini"
"This is NPC!"
Iselanda Snowsong

Character sheet

Hi I am new.

Postby Magpie on April 9th, 2013, 12:11 pm

Getting a job is a fairly formalized thing in Mizahar, and according to Avanthal's rules, you have to message one of their moderators (also called Storytellers) and work out a formal job. I'm not one of the STs for Avanthal, but you can find them listed in color at the top of the city's forum. The Avanthal rules and general info can be found here, the section referring to jobs is fourth down.

You can find salaries in the Income List in the wiki. On top of seasonal pay, you also get seasonal experience in your professional skill. To get both of these, you need to do 4 threads per season involving your trade, and they can be either solos or with another person. You need 2 threads where your job is the main subject of the thread, and 2 where it's just mentioned in passing.

For example, my PC is a seamstress. At the end of each season, I turn in my 4 threads: 2 where I write about a day of her tending her shop (sewing things, taking care of customers, etc), and 2 where I mention her job in passing (she gets off work and goes to the bar, she gets into an argument while out on her lunch break, etc). These threads are turned in for regular grades as you complete them; it's just at the end of the season that you message the relevant ST with these specific threads to get your pay/experience.

The employment system can get a bit confusing for people first getting into it. If I'm just confusing you more, please let me know and we can work it out :)
Magpie
A-flutter

Office
Scrapbook
Featured Contributor (1)

Hi I am new.

Postby Iselanda Snowsong on April 9th, 2013, 8:57 pm

Another question. By the way you are an amazing person and thanks for answering all my questions. But... How exactly would a solo post work? Do you talk to a moderator? Or are you actually by yourself?
"For when I speak Vini"
"This is NPC!"
Iselanda Snowsong

Character sheet

Hi I am new.

Postby Magpie on April 9th, 2013, 9:28 pm

A solo is straight up by yourself. Different cities have different views on how to handle NPCs in solos, and some may be ok with you solo-ing while playing an NPC yourself, while I know there are some that require ST approval to do so. Information on that is likely in the OOC thread of your respective city.
Magpie
A-flutter

Office
Scrapbook
Featured Contributor (1)

Hi I am new.

Postby Iselanda Snowsong on April 10th, 2013, 12:17 am

ANOTHER QUESTION!
I want to be a teacher and I pm'ed an Avantha moderator about it. So what are the skills required to be a teacher?
"For when I speak Vini"
"This is NPC!"
Iselanda Snowsong

Character sheet

Hi I am new.

Postby Ouity on April 10th, 2013, 12:31 am

Welcome to Avanthal! Another Snowsong joins the ranks~
If you need anything, someone to roleplay with you, or hop in a thread, the doors are always open!
When I'm speaking Vantha.

When I'm speaking common.
Ouity
An Apple a Day!

Words: 17506
Joined roleplay: February 17th, 2013, 11:57 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next