Oh Brother Were Art Thou (Orion)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Postby Taithrosa Eldytia on July 15th, 2010, 6:14 am

The young man sat listening to as the older Ethaefal spoke. He admired Taithrosa, but the young man wondered why. He contiuned to listen and wondered what this brothers life had been like. Sad was defently a word to use for it. Lost.

"I am more of a healer then a warrior, but yes I have some training as a warrior." Taithrosa said looking over at the water. He smiled and looked over at his brother. "That I think is the core of the differences between us. The mortals we live with now aren't fools. They just haven't finished the course yet. We have lived many past lives with these other souls. They are just as much a part of us as each other. We just remember more then they do." He said looking over the sands. He picked them up and let them fall through his fingers a few crystals sticking to his hands.

"We have to much pain in our new lives upon Mizahar. If we focus on that pain we will fall into misery, and pain. No we are the choosen of Leth and Syna. We need to be better then the people around us. Do you think when we go stand before judgement again that we will be judged as easily as before, that we will have a free ride back into our beloved relams. I dought it." His voice was quiet as they spoke of mater sacred and scarry.

"I help people because I love them, but also it helps to keep the pain away. I can think of other things and people instead our home, lost for now." He turned and looked at his brother. "It is nice to speak to another ethaefal. It is sad that we the children of the sun and moon don't see each other more."

He gave a grin and smile. "That to is one of my dreams, build a place for the ethaefal. Were we can come together and enjoy each other, and help heal each other from the pain we experiences. Some place that is ours here upon Mizahar."

Do you think that you could ever, Through all eternity,
Find out the generation Where Gods began to be?
Or see the grand beginning, Where space did not extend?
Or view the last creation, Where Gods and matter end?
Me thinks the Spirit whispers, “No man has found ‘pure space,’
Nor seen the outside curtains, Where nothing has a place.”
~ If You Could Hie To Kolob
Taithrosa Eldytia
The Sapphire Star

Words: 173686
Joined roleplay: April 3rd, 2010, 3:33 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Orion on July 21st, 2010, 9:31 pm

Orion found the look that was fixed onto the face of the one in front of him rather curious so he kept gazing at it without a second thought. It may have looked different, but the only thing that kept him in the vicinity of a being as majestic as Taithrosa was the calm aura of confidence that the creature gave off. Orion knew it was the only thing he lacked, the only thing he oh so desperately needed, yet he found himself unable to fix it alone. Something was changing, inside him his weak image of self was fading, only to be replaced by a black hole as he saw it within him. The hole kept pulling all the things he worried about up until that point deeper and deeper inside, this was not the time nor the place to be consumed by a lesser feeling, it was a time to rejoice and so he did.

A smile grew wider on the face that Orion was happy to have at the moment, for it just would not be the same if the smile itself was a smile of a mortal. He litsened to the other one speak, and as he did, his word made sense, much more than it was expected from someone so young to this existance. That`s right, that was the cure, that vigour, that confidence Taithrosa still did not have a chance to lose, it was what Orion lacked.

He was ready for a change or so he thought, this was the day he was gonna stop feeling sorry for himself and pick up the pace in order to catch up to his divine brothers. Now the only thing left was to prove it to both himself and the world.

Orion spoke as slowly as ever with lyrical tongue flowing out of him: "You are right, i have no reason to call them fools, it is but my aroggance that made me say a thing like that" he paused slowly before continuing, until he was sure what moved in the distance a moment ago was nothing significant. "For both our sake and their`s, we will be better, we must be" he agreed easily before telling what he actualy was thinking about since the moment he heard it: "Ukalas, upon the face of Mizahar" he gave himself a moment to breathe before continuing: " I support the idea with all my heart and soul, and if you ever need assitance in forming such a place, you have mine as granted".

Orion laughed as a sudden thought had struck him: "And who knows, maybe one day when i talk to these mortals about Ukalas, maybe, just maybe, i will be able to point them in the right direction, in your direction" he kept laughing while daydreaming. Having a heaven cast upon the mortal world, it sure was a pleasant thought.

OOC: I`m sorry i have not replied to this thread in quite some time, and i can only hope that you still have the wish to continue on with it. Once again, im sorry for the wait.
Freedom Is The Biggest Lie, For We Are All Slaves To Fates Long Woven
Orion
On the edge of reason

Words: 112833
Joined roleplay: May 22nd, 2010, 9:43 pm
Location: Bleh... i like moving around.. a lot... in Zeltiva now... i guess
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Taithrosa Eldytia on July 27th, 2010, 7:44 am

He smiled at his brother. "We need to each make that desision. I respect that its hard. I have to remake the desision not to feel sorry for myself ever day, but as I do it helps me be stronger. It also helps me find other people who I can live, laught and just distract my mind. That is one of the keys I have seen. Finding people who will help distract you from what has been lost."

He smiled at the mans name for the community. "I would like help. I am optimistic, but I know I am new to this new existances and as such I do need some help. I am not sure were would be a good place for this new community. Do you know of a good place. Some place isolated, but not so isolated that we would cut ourselves off from the world?"

Taithrosa Eldytia
The Sapphire Star

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Orion on July 28th, 2010, 12:57 am

Orion found the situation a bit awkward as he was not used to be the mentaly weaker individual while any form of conversation is being held. And he was not going to be now, his insecurities needed to be surpassed, if nothing else, just for the sake of aroggance, yes, do it for the sake of his aroggant nature.

"I`m alone now, again, it bothers me not, yet i feel surges of loneliness every now and then, which can best be described as harassing strangers i guess" he laughed a bit, but it was true, no matter how much he was joking about it. His face broke into a smile as he continued: "So thank you for letting me harass you up until now" he took a deep breath and spoke once more: "But we are not strangers any more, are we?" he spoke silently, and did not really expect a response to a question like that.

"I know of many places upon the face of this world that would be fitting for undertaking such a task, and for becoming our heaven, but, heaven is everywhere, as long as you have the people that make it what it is around you" he shrugged absently while throwing a small stone in the water before he concluded: "Location.... for all i care, we can organise it here, it truly is beautyful here".
Orion
On the edge of reason

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Taithrosa Eldytia on August 8th, 2010, 1:52 am

ooc: Sorry family came to town.

IC: "Riverfall is truely a beautiful place, and might be a good place to gather lost brothers and sisters, but it is the place of the Akalak's, and not of the sons and daughters of Leth and Syna. The place we make our own needs to be that. A place were the Ethaefal can make there own, not some place that we borrow from others. While we must always help our brothern of other races, for we do hold much wisdom from our many lifetimes, we also need a place were we can allow the pain to feel, and were we can allow our selves to feel useful."

Taithrosa Eldytia
The Sapphire Star

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Orion on August 20th, 2010, 11:44 am

OOC: Sorry, been distracted as hell lately

Nodding slightly Orion realized what was bothering him all along. The Ethaefal were not a race that bonded with eachother for too long, or out of pure whims. At least not most of them for his expirience, so what if when that place is created, what if then there is no one to occupy it? The thought troubled him a bit before turning back to Taith and speaking somewhat silently: "You are right in all you say, there are yet obstacles to overcome, places to find, brothers and sisters to gather..." his voice trailed off as he took in a deep breath before speaking up, a bit louder this time: "Some day, there will be a place, there will be an invisible line in the sand. And that line will mark the land of the Ethaefals, it will mark the new land of dreams. That land will flourish under that same wisdom of many lifetimes you spoke of earlier, and it will bring us all closer as we drift into the eternity times and times again" Orion stopped a bit so he could catch some air before laughing as laugh as he could and speaking in a silly tone: "Or we can just make Ukalas fall down here, like we did?" it indeed was a joke, but there was something in that line so unsetting, so wierd. It was probbably curiosity. Tilting his head a bit to the side, he spoke to Taith: "Well now im sure i can call you a brother, for we already share dreams""and dreams are worth more than all the blood and sweat" the rest just ringed in Orion`s head as he looked back at the ocean thinking, what the hell got into him. It was passion unlike any he have known in a long long time, and through that passion both lust and desire started growing. He turned back to Taith again unsure wether he spoke too much, or too little, but wandering where this conversation might take them.
Orion
On the edge of reason

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Baku on December 28th, 2010, 12:19 am

Thou has written, and thou has completed, so I award thee the following....

Taithrosa: +2 Meditation, +4 Rhetoric, +4 Observation

Lore: Finding a Relaxing Setting to Meditate, Calmly Leaving a Meditative State, Not all Ethaelfal are the Same, Finding Purpose in Immortality, Empathy For Orion, Keeping Things Casual, The Changes: Interesting and Disturbing, Taith’s Purpose: Having a Home and Finding Lost Homes, Learning of Orion’s Skills and Abilities, Friendly Advice, Realizing the Need for Help, The Need for Purpose in Immortality,

Orion: +4 Observation, + 4 Rhetoric,

Lore: Direction Sense Fuddled: I Keep Getting Lost in Riverfall, Interest in What the Falls Hold, Being Direct, Shame in Mortal Form, Swallowing One’s Pride, Caution in Speaking to Another Ethaelfal, Finding Comfort in Taith’s Warm Nature, Wishing to Avoid One’s Past in Conversation, Finding Journey More Fun than Having a Destination, Unsure of One’s Purpose, Learning of Taith’s Skills and Abilities, Realizing Mistakes in Judgment, Liking Solace but Discovering Loneliness, Wanting a Place that the Ethaelfal Can Call Their Own

Additional Notes: An interesting exchange between two Immortals, Philosophical and Revealing in many ways. Sometimes it just takes another of one’s own race to gain new perspective. Perhaps there could be a repeat from another if time can provide.

~Not all dreams, are meant to be had.

Baku
Dream Eater

Words: 151190
Joined roleplay: September 19th, 2010, 4:28 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous