[Verified by Jupiter] Chev Frostfawn

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Chev Frostfawn

Postby Chev on May 24th, 2013, 8:52 pm

Chev Frostfawn

“My heroic trait? I think ... actually, I know it's probably the trait in me that allows me to do almost anything for the ones I care about.”

Physical Description

“My name's Chev. I'm a proud-to-be Vantha, the People of the Aurora Borealis. I and my family live up north, in the ice city of Avanthal, watched over by our Goddess, Morwen. I'm obviously a boy, and am currently seventeen-years old. I was born on the 28th of Winter, in the year 496 AV. I'm fluent in Vani, and can hold my own when speaking to somebody else in Common.”

Image“Mama tells me that I've really kind eyes and a bright smile capable of melting away even the coldest of ice. I ... don't believe her. My smile hasn't melted anything yet. However, it's really nice of her to say that.”

“My hair is a deep, chocolate brown, often swept this way and that by the chilly winds up here in Avanthal, though I've learned to get used to it. My dark hair is really common to my race, but my creamy white skin isn't, but I really like my skin tone. However, it's kind of strange - I'm usually outside working odd jobs for the Hold, so I guess you can say my skin colour is a mystery to me.”

“I think my eyes are my best feature. They, like all the eyes of Vantha, change colour depending on my mood. For example, when I'm feeling happy or excited, they turn a nice teal colour. This is the colour that frequents my irises the most. When I'm feeling kind of down or depressed, they become a really tame shade of amethyst. It doesn't happen too often, but when my emotions really flare up in anger or fear, they can become a really vibrant spring green. Embarrassment, confusion or humiliation tend to make my eyes become a rich shade of purple. Finally, my eyes are a dark, boring brown when I'm bored or ... not feeling anything, I guess.”

“I guess you can say I'm on the short side of my family - I only stand up to about 5'3", and only weight 130 lbs. I'm already seventeen, too. I'm muscular, lean and fit, thanks to all of the odd jobs I've been carrying out around the Hold.”

Character Concept

ImageChev is an ambitious, cheerful and dreamy young lad who aspires to live an exciting life of adventure, exploration and discovery with the legendary Far Scouts. He wants to bring pride to his race, as well as leave his own footprint in Mizaharian history. He wishes to spread benevolence, love and kindness, hoping that one day he will be that grand hero that’s spoken of in legendary tales with hushed, awed tones, passed down from generation to generation.

Optimistic, hopeful and upbeat, Chev is the kind of young man that’s hard to dislike. Possessing kindness in its purest form and armed with a ready smile, Chev’s natural innocence and child-like personality captures the hearts of those around him. An altruistic individual with an empathic nature and willing to offer his zealous support to those who need it, Chev is the kind of person who looks after other people more than he looks after himself. A true people-lover, Chev gets lonely quite easily and is uncomfortable when lacking another being near. Despite this, however, he can act quite bashful and meek in front of intimidating strangers or daunting situations.

Responsible and earnest, Chev works hard (though he has a habit of temporarily lapsing into exaggerated daydreams), wanting to leave a good impression on everybody he meets, so that one day, his hard work would pay off and earn him a ticket into the Icewatch. He trains fiercely with his favourite older brother, Limey, in unarmed combat, hoping to gain the experience necessary to join. Ignorant and naïve Chev, however, has a long way to go. He lacks the ability to perform under high pressure, and is the most vulnerable when by himself; he seems to need somebody there to lean on all the time. His overly dependent nature is truly that of a newborn baby to its mother.

He truly loves and cares for his family and friends, remaining close with each and every member of the Frostfawn Hold. He’s generally well-liked by most, especially the children, and he in return would do anything for them. It is when the ones he cares about are in danger do his impulsive, rash and reckless behaviourisms come into play. However, despite his mild-tempered disposition, Chev is capable of getting angry, though he's much more likely to get upset and act in a childish flare of emotions and tears.

Family

ImageLimey is the second youngest in Chev's immediate family, and the closest one to Chev. He's considered the joker of the family, always managing to get somebody to crack a smile with his inventive use of words. However, he's a tad bit lazier than the rest of the family, and he's not to be messed with when he's just gotten out of bed. Limey is the one who helps Chev train in the art of unarmed combat, and is the most supportive of him, always telling him that one day he will definitely get into Icewatch.

More family write-ups coming soon!

History

ImageBorn to Selvyrn and Hariselle Frostfawn, Chev is the youngest of four closely-knit children. He spent much of his time as a child playing with the second youngest child, Limey, the jokester, the more laid-back of the family. He lived a complacent and sheltered life, learning about what the Frostfawn Hold specialized in when he was about three-years old—after he himself earned an animal companion. It was a snow ferret. Chev affectionately named him “Frosty.”

Chev’s childhood to teenage life was about as eventful as any other Vantha child. Earning a gnosis from the Goddess Morwen at birth, he was able to play with the other children outside, mischievously playing pranks on the Vantha people both inside and out of the Hold. They were an animated gaggle, infamous throughout the streets of Avanthal for their cunning natures. Chev was amongst their ranks, giggling and running along with the rest of them. He reveled in the adrenaline rush whenever he ran away from the echoing slap of an adult, the thrill of leaving somebody in the dust.

ImageOne day, on the way out to meet his friends, an enraged, wounded rampaging Talderan Sabretooth managed its way near the Frostfawn Hold—much too close to anybody’s liking. It was a fierce one, nostrils flared and feral eyes glaring at the young Chev bloodthirstily. He remembers the pure white snow stained with crimson red, the struggle to breathe beneath his thick, wooly scarf, his instinct to run dulled by the shock of pure fear. He screamed and ran, towards the Hold, Frosty chasing his heels. He turned back, watching as Frosty swerved to the left. Being the child he was, he followed blindly, madly kicking snow behind him as the Sabretooth followed in deadly pursuit.

Eventually, he became too tired to run and Frosty nowhere to be found. His limp legs failed him as he fell to the ground, staring at death right in the face. He squeezed his eyes shut.

His eyes flew open at a sudden cracking sound, and he watched as the Talderan Sabretooth fell over on its side, a spear running straight through its brain. He doesn’t remember what happened after that—when he awoke, he was tended to by the hearth, Hariselle looking over him, her forehead creased with worry. Frost was nestled next to him, curled up in a ball.

“The Icewatch took care of it,” she soothed him. “It’s all right now.”

“Mama,” he had said. “What are the Icewatch?”

She had responded with: “They are our protectors. Now, they are also your saviours.”

Something switched inside of him that day. He played with his friends less and less, more interested in his father’s work tending to the animals, or wandering around helping those in need. He acted with as much responsibility as he could, because he didn’t know what else he could do to thank the Icewatch. He certainly couldn’t run around causing problems for everyone.

It took him a few more years to decide that he wanted to become one of the Icewatch. To this day, with his eyes set on the Far Scouts, he moves ahead with conviction in his step and his head held high.

Skills

MASTER RANK

N/A

EXPERT RANK

N/A

COMPETENT RANK

N/A

NOVICE RANK

Skill Avatar Skill Name Skill Level Skill Notes
Image Animal Husbandry 20/100 +20 SP
Image Storytelling 10/100 +10 RB
Image Unarmed Combat 10/100 +10 SP
Image Wilderness Survival 20/100 +20 SP

Faith

Chev, being a conventional Vantha, worships Morwen, the Goddess of Winter, Ice and Snow. He was fortunately marked at birth, as Morwen loves all of the Vantha and it is not uncommon for her to mark a baby Vantha at birth.

Chev's mark takes the form of an intricately designed snowflake with an icy, ethereal, but subtle, glow. It can be seen on his right shoulder. Taken from the wiki:

The singularly marked individual is completely at ease in the cold. The presence of Morwens mark acts as antifreeze that warms the individuals blood and keeps them comfortable even in subzero temperatures. Exposed tissue can still freeze when faced with severe temperatures, but individuals are not at all prone to hypothermia if they are well protected against the weather. They may in fact even feel ‘comfortable’ in colder climates and indeed uncomfortable in warmer climates. At this stage, Ice Reavers can control the temperature of ice, melting it or freezing it in small portions. It is not unheard of for an Ice Reaver to scoop up a pot of snow, tap their gnosis, and have a pot of ice water instead ready for cooking. Ice Reavers at this level have the ability to tell how thick a piece of ice is - such as the surface of a lake - and can determine whether it is safe or not to hold weight. At this level, Ice Reavers can tap their gnoses and shape ice that is already formed as sculptors might - loosening and causing it to shed away until the pattern they want is formed. Ice Reavers at this level cannot create ice nor manipulate large portions of ice. They cannot, for example, thaw portions of a surface of a lake, but they can take the existing ice and reshape it or melt it. They can only change the viscosity of about a standard 10 gallons of water at a time. If conditions are cold and they try to repeat this process over and over again to achieve what a higher level Ice Reaver could, they would find their manipulations refreezing behind them as they worked.

Lore

Lore: Geography of Avanthal Lore: Culture of Vantha

Possessions & Ledger

LEDGER

Item Balance Notes
SP Mizas + 100 GM SP
Headwear, cap - 2 SM Pre-Play Purchase
Gloves - 5 SM Pre-Play Purchase
Scarf - 1 SM Pre-Play Purchase

Total: 99 GM, 2 SM

CLOTHING
Item Item Notes
simple shirt (cotton; white) SP
simple pants (cotton; white) SP
simple pair of boots (leather; brown) SP
simple winter coat (fur; brown) SP
winter cap (fur; white, red, green) Pre-Play Purchase
gloves (leather, fur; brown) Pre-Play Purchase
scarf (woolen; sky blue) Pre-Play Purchase

SURVIVAL
Item Item Notes
waterskin SP
backpack SP
comb SP
brush SP
razor SP
soap SP
eating knife SP
flint SP
steel SP
food for a week SP

Housing

1 basic 20x20 Arvinta in a Hold with a hearth, bunk, chest, chair, and small table.

Each Arvinta consists of a communal meeting or sitting room. Then there are private rooms for couples, and a common sleeping/living room for all the children. Visitors are often given a private room, while a couple will move in with the children to make extra room. Some of the larger, more expansive Holds with wealthier families have spare rooms in their Arvinta or special guest quarters when people move from place to place visiting. Holds often have common areas and craft cottages in buildings attached and are always made of solid stone. External buildings are often built from ice and warmed from within by special braziers that conduct heat into the room but do not melt the thick ice walls. A Hold may contain multiple Arvintas and might hold upwards of a couple hundred people.

Frosty

ImageFrosty is Chev’s family heirloom, gifted to Chev by his father for companionship and a being to care for—Selvyrn thought highly of his children. He’s a small snow ferret with a bright and playful personality, much like Chev, which often gets the pair into unnecessary trouble. They're almost inseparable.

Threading

Flashbacks :
Ferret Out the Ferret | Meville Brightshade | Ongoing | Season of Winter, Day 5, 506 AV
Family Matters | Solo | Ongoing | Season of Winter, Day 32, 512 AV

Spring | 513 :
Burning Wrath in Frigid Abode | Liyana | Ongoing | Season of Spring, Day 85
The Thrill of the Hunt | Veizor | Ongoing| Season of Spring, Day 88
How to Train Your Snow Ferret | Open | Ongoing | Season of Spring, Day 89

Summer | 513 :
Moving In With The Animals | Noblesse | Ongoing | Season of Summer, Day 1
Vani | Common | Thought
Chev
I tend to see through filtered eyes.

Words: 18537
Joined roleplay: April 30th, 2013, 10:44 pm