[the rearing stallion] Well, at least the women are nice.

(Shiress) Xi ends up heading into the rearing stallion for a druink after a long day recruiting for his school.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Ximal on June 3rd, 2013, 9:37 pm

13th Summer, 21st bell.

Xi sat in the corner of the rearing stallion. the table in-front of him and his feet up on the stool opposite him. His hood raised of his head and his cloak draped over his shoulders. Xi was sitting quietly in the corner of the rearing stallion. Musing about the events that had taken place, the last dregs of an empty ale cup in front of him. Least the booze here is stronger than the coloured water they have in nyka...Gods i miss real ale. Even if it tasted like utter shyke. I still want the extremely strong stuff that sunberth offered. Least that was easy to loose myself in. Xi sighed and lifted a hand to his face his fingers still coated in the steel plating that he always wore, even if the razor sharp blades of his gauntlets caught the torch light and gleamed a little. He wasn't planning on starting anything. He stroked his beard lightly and glanced up at the bar tender letting his dark neon royal black blue eye's say he wanted another drink to the waitress on duty. Something cold and hard in his eyes.

Had he made an impact upon the course of the people wanting to join his school ? Has he made enough of an influence and had he shown off his skill enough to get people to join? He knew he wasn't the most advanced fighter out there but he could at least hold his own if he needed it...Even against mages. But Xi would keep that to himself. As he himself was a mage. Even if he didn't look like it. A slow breath exhaled from him he was going to have to pay for the drinks. He shrugged his school cost him a small fortune so if he wanted to make back the revenue he needed the student's to keep him afloat. He didn't really know exactly how much he was going to make but he'd paid for it all out of his own pocket , meaning he owed no-one anything and there fore had his own freedom to do with his building what he liked, with his "home". Xi smirked and let his mind dwell on that word..."Home". A word that meant little to many, but held so much meaning for him...He'd never really had a true "home".

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Words: 949188
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2012, 9:44 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Shiress on June 6th, 2013, 5:02 pm

Grateful that the supper rush was over, Shiress stood, one leg across the other, leaning against the door frame of the tavern, a gentle summer breeze wafting the loose strands of hair back away from her shoulders as she enjoyed a chime's break.

The Stallion was mostly empty at this bell. All the servers had retreated back to their homes, save one - Shiress. Only a few regulars lingered at scattered tables around the room, their faces looking as lonely and cold as the fireless fireplace. There was a stranger off to himself in the corner, his thick, muscular body clad in all sorts of pointy sharp metal tips, his long legs propped against a chair that seemed halfway across the tavern. How tall was this guy?

A glance over her shoulder revealed that the walking, albeit handsome, porcupine was now glaring at her, obviously ready for another round and with an understanding nod of her head, she left the doorway and headed for the bar. Another hot day meant her long, hair was pulled back in a ponytail, her blouse unbuttoned as much as good taste would allow, rolled up pants and wearing shoes was optional, if she could get away with it. Any regular would say this is the norm for the barmaid as prettying herself up for all the men folk was the last thing she worried herself with.

She stepped up to the table with a polite smile and introduced herself. "Hello stranger, I've not the pleasure yet this evening. I'm Shiress." Her green eyes ran the long length of his body than back to settle again on his very brilliant blue eyes, Shiress had a thing for blue eyes.
Moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars

Character sheet
Shiress
Every path has a few puddles

Words: 918381
Joined roleplay: January 25th, 2013, 7:01 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (2) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Ximal on June 6th, 2013, 5:27 pm

Xi sighed as the bar maid motioned away from the door. Light steps and quick work around the bar. She was both used to this place, which was obvious seeing as she was working there. The gracefulness of her step at least to him indicated a possible lightness of touch and manner...Dear gods above I'm starting to sound like Zand...More than I'd like to admit in EVERY facet. Xi grumbled lightly, still he was glad for how empty the bar held today. It at least let him sink into the darker corner of the bar. Still it was interesting as to how few customers were there at present. And surprising still how few staff there were. Xi Closed his eye's for a brief flash taking in the state and nature of things. Then before he could fully attune himself to the situation, the graceful framed barmaid was walking over to him. Ale in hand. Xi kept himself quiet upon her arrival half expecting her just to walk up with a honeyed smile drop off the alcohol and walk away. Xi heard her speaking then, her voice blowing his premeditated thoughts out completely. He let his eye's study her, before catching her doing the same of him. Perhaps she was studying him as much as he was her? Xi returned the smile with a slight smirk the lightly trimmed beard moving with his cheek.

"I've had the pleasure of the evening, but not the pleasure of you, i think I'd remember something of impact and importance like that." Xi wasn't exactly the best at talking truth be told he'd only really started talking out things fully upon meeting Zand and Ana back in the spires, where violence wasn't the only option. "Pleasure to meet you Shiress. My name's Ximal...Xi for short. Mind if i ask why your examining me so?" Xi hoped he'd catch her out there, putting her on the spot. If he did then he'd possibly get her to stay around a while whilst she tried to cover up her actions. That meant he might even get the chance to talk to her for a while his first non-combative chat since arriving in syliras.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Shiress on June 6th, 2013, 8:06 pm

The barmaids face fell with a shy smile, she could feel heat spreading across her now red face. Her covert appreciation of the mans fine looks had been uncovered.

She shifted her weight as her eyes turned up to meet with the stranger's again. "Well, it's not everyday a man of such..stature is capable of sprawling himself from table to table." Shiress explained her intentions as innocent as she could while tucking stray strands of auburn hair behind her ear.

"Xi, huh? Xi is a very short name for a very tall man, don't you think?" Shiress chuckled as she stepped closer. "I've not seen you here before. I take it you are passing through or a new resident, maybe?"

Her eyes lowered to his arms as her hand extended out in gesture toward the mans gauntlets. "Mind your elbow room with them things, I'd imagine an innocent bump could cause quite the wound and all the doctor's have turned squire."

Shiress smiled, her eyes lingering on his, soaking in the captivating color a chime before speaking again. "Let me know, Ximal - Xi if you need anything else."

Character sheet
Shiress

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Ximal on June 6th, 2013, 8:30 pm

So she was examining him, the creeping red in ehr face told more than she probably wanted to admit. Xi smirked lightly, as she shifted her weight now half fidgeting under his glances. She continued making a passing gesture at both his size and height. Mostly about the fact he had his feet up on a stool almost a tables length away. Her expression and her manner. Was innocent but curious,, similar to another person he knew but her intentions were never innocent she always had a plot. A light chuckle as she stepped closer mentioning the length of his name in relevance to his height. Also mentioning the fact she hadn't seen him before. "Yeah it's a fairly short name, not a real issue though. As far as why i've not been seen here before, i'm just passing through. Nothing really of any importance." Xi kept his arms folded even as she pointed at the steel coating them mentioning the fact that a light bump could cause an issue. She had a point. Almost complying with what she'd said Xi pulled off the gauntlets covering his hands but left his vambraces on.

"You've a point there, i'll keep these off for the duration then. It's the least i can do to make your life easier." Xi kept his eye's on ehr as her's returned to meet his gaze again. Xi half smirked and half wondered what she meant by anything? "Well, would it be too much to ask you for a moment more of your time? I mean i'm rather enjoying the conversation. It's rare i meat someone with such a graceful frame who isn't either a complete bitch or an air head...Or trying to kill me...But that's another story for another day." Xi took his eye's from hers and examined her, weighing up her frame work even as it was mostly hidden. He'd had practice trying to decent how a person was built behind their shrouds. Lifting his eye's back up again he placed a hand on the table. "So tell me miss Shiress, what a woman of your disposition is doing as a barmaid ? I supposed it's just the fact there's no jobs in the city? Or perhaps you like having to work with drunk people all day?" Xi then tapped his fingers along the edge of the table in sequence. "Might i ask what time you get off of work ? I've only been in town a short while and could do with a hand from some one who knows the city. That is of course if your interested in my company, if not i completely understand and will not pester you further. I understand you've a job to do and may not have the time nor want to spend any further time with me."

A simple and honest but slightly cheeky grin adorned his face. He shifted his head a tiny bit and caught the torchlight in her green eyes. Beautiful.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Shiress on June 8th, 2013, 10:32 pm

Shiress watched every facial expression the man made, even the way he set his eyes on her. At least he wasn't trying to buy her time, that was a plus. This Ximal had appeal and it played with the barmaid intently, lowering all defenses that she had in place. That was until he boasted about women trying to kill him. This raised her curiosity immensely.

Her intrigued expression faded softly into a polite smile as she began to reply to his question. "Disposition? I think you'll need to explain my -disposition- to me later, good sir, but I work here for the coin, of course and it's a good environment to work for one who wishes to become, well, not quite so shy, I think."

The girl leaned forward, resting her hands on the back of the chair where Xi's feet rested, and cocked her head slightly at his invitation. The truth was, the barmaid rarely left the path from Travelers Row to The Rearing Stallion. The last time she did so, a trip to The Great Bazaar, she had to stop twice for directions before finally finding her way to the store fronts and a trip to the gardens was purely by wandering accident, odds were she'd never find herself back there without directions either.

Of course, she could fake it seeing as the man was a stranger and would be none the wiser, but gods, who wants to walk the roads of Syliras at this time of bell with that petching rogue knight thing lurking about in the shadows, but then again, this Ximal was huge and he hadn't even stood yet. Some form of safety could be felt with this size of a man, right?

"The owner and the cook are here so I think I can get away a bit sooner. Let me get my things" She turned and stepped away but stopped, twisted herself back around and leaned against the chair, giving the man a feigned worrisome expression. "Though, I should warn you, there is a great chance we'll get lost with me as the guide." Her face eased into a grin and with a wink, she stepped away again.

Character sheet
Shiress

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Ximal on June 8th, 2013, 11:23 pm

Xi kept up his smirk as she shot him an expression that screamed curiosity. Xi made a nonchalant shrug as the expression faded he was being honest in most regards. though her response to his question about her disposition was...not expected. though he'd have to explain it to her later ? perhaps that was a good thing? She was shy? Xi couldn't help but chuckle at that a light and warm response at least in manner.
"I honestly wouldn't have pegged you for a shy person. No not in the slightest, so what measure's your taking to rid yourself of a shyness is working immeasurably well. At least as far as i can see." As she leant over the edge of the chair and tilted her head at him he caught the edge of a curious look and a thinking glance. Xi waited a few moments before she started to speak again, mentioning that the cook and the owner were there, and she could probably get away early. Xi smirked and then he caught the comment about not being a good guide. "Well I'm sure you'll be a better guide than i would, I mean I don't even live here. and if that's the case i'll follow you to the bar then-" Xi lifted the ale to his lips and downed the entire mug within three swallows. "And i'll pay fro my drinks, I'll await you by the door then."

Xi smirked and took his feet off of the chair before planting them upon the ground and rising to his full height the cloak around his shoulders fell back around him fully encompassing his frame. He now towered over her by a good foot. He tiled his head lightly before looking down at her, and taking a few deft and sure footed steps to the bar. He paid for his three drinks. before turning back to her and saying lightly. "take as long as you require I'll await you by the door." He wasn't repeating himself to say anything just to remind her that he'd be there...as if she could miss him. Still though Xi now began to think he'd heard rumours about a "Rogue Knight" prowling the streets. And that worried him. Before he left he reached back down to his belt and pulled on his steel again. If the rumours were true and he ran into this "Rogue Knight". He didn't want to be unarmed...In a sense.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Shiress on June 12th, 2013, 4:24 pm

Working immeasurably indeed Her decision to work at The Rearing Stallion was one of very few right decisions the girl had made since coming to the city. Shyness, though, may not have been the right word to use to describe herself, but it was far better than the truth.

As Xi pulled his feet from the chair, Shiress quietly took a step back , followed quickly by another when the man fully straightened his body. He may not be the tallest man ever to have lived, but he was certainly the tallest to have shadowed Shiress' petite form.

The barmaid's eyes followed the man as he made his way to the bar, she chuckled softly as it only took three or four steps and he had reached his destination. Kevith took his coin and the man turned back toward the door and as he spoke, Shiress nodded her understanding as he exited the tavern.

The barmaid hesitated a chime, her eyes lingering on the door as it glided shut, then turned on her heels and headed for the bar herself. Once she confirmed with Kevith the OK for a early departure, she retreated and gathered her things, well, her bag and headed for the door and her awaiting companion.

With one hand on the door handle the other pulling loose her hair, she stepped though and sure enough, there stood Xi. Stepping up to her companion, her long auburn locks blew back gently off her shoulders as the warm summer breeze caught the girl's face, a polite smile on her pink lips.

"OK, Ximal. Where to?"

Character sheet
Shiress

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Ximal on June 12th, 2013, 4:45 pm

Xi leant against the door frame and mulled over a few thoughts in his mind. Xi began to slowly let his djed creep around his body, the flux filling out his system flowing out to his extremities. filling up his musculature but not actually dissipating just holding like the fuel for a pyre, just awaiting the spark. It wasn't too long before Xi spotted his travelling companion for the evening Xi smirked lightly as she came over her bag around her side and her hair loose now around her shoulders as the wind swept it back and forth gently. For all intents and purposes it had seemed like he'd made a right decision in his guide. Xi smirked lightly as she asked where too. "Well, a lesser man might say "your place or mine"."Xi smirked and opened the door for her to exit. Before continuing in his line of speech. "However i'm pretty unfamiliar with this place myself. So where do you think we should go? On a meandering wander throughout the streets of the city ? After all it wouldn't be a wast of time if i perhaps got to know you a little better. " As she stepped out Xi would simply follow her, a light grin on his face.

"Would you like me to take your bag or you ? Or are you happy carrying it yourself ?" Xi smirked and stepped a little closer to her. There was something vaguely familiar about her. "I have the strangest feeling I've seen you before miss shiress...I cant quite put my finger on where...Like a fleeting memory...Perhaps even a dream? What ever the case it's a pleasure to have you showing me the way around this city. especially as the day is starting it's wind down into another...Calm nights, clear thoughts..." Xi smirked and slowed his strides to allow shiress to keep ahead of him and for him to not overtake her.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Shiress on June 17th, 2013, 4:49 am

Shiress bit her bottom lip and glanced up and down street. To the right was the city gates, surely he was familiar with those and she wasn't about to go traipsing off past them. So, to the left, toward the heart of the city, she turned with her handsome companion in tow.

"I think meandering through the city is a lovely idea. I am all about wandering. I" She grinned over her shoulder to Xi. "But I think I can manage my bag." With that Shiress paused and allowed Ximal to come up along side her and slipped her arm under and over his. "But it's much nicer to wander the city streets on the arm of a gentleman than two paces in front of him."

A moment of silence was broken as Xi spoke up. His words caught the girl of guard, she tensed and nearly froze where they walked. He thought she looked familiar and the truth was she had thought the same of him, but payed no mind to her thoughts as she was constantly wrong in such ways, but with him thinking the same of her confirmed this time she may be right and indeed may have met this man before.

"Have you visited Syliras before now?" She asked, her eyes still set to the road in front of them. "Perhaps Zeltiva? That is where I grew up." Her mind wandered into Sunberth, where she spent most of her adolescence, over 30 season's worth of time, but she didn't mention it. If the two had met there, surely she would remember. It's not like she got out much.

"Maybe it was a dream, Sir Ximal. An exquisite dream, complete with the sweeping of a young woman off her feet and riding her off into the sunset" She laughed then her eyes trailed up to meet his. "Besides, I think I would remember meeting you on the street, you don't seem like the type to be easily forgotten to me." Her eyes fell back to their path and she became silent in thought.

I'll not soon forget those eyes.

Character sheet
Shiress

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Next