Calendar Events: How do they work?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Postby Liriah on July 1st, 2013, 1:18 am

Hey, everybody

I had a question regarding the events on the Summer calendar, all of which are held on specific dates. So, on those days, do we, the PC, create the event ourselves, or do we wait for the DS to create an [Event] or [Quest]?

It's been puzzling me, and I was too stupid to ask a mod, so I figured that it would be a good idea to ask here and see if these events must be created by a mod or not. It would clarify it for some, maybe it's just me....., and it would be like a rule for the event calendar use if it must be created by a mod.

Thanks for your responses!
~Lira

PS. Are we allowed to carry weaponry around in cities (Lhavit, Wind Reach, etc.), I figured that it would probably depend on the city and its rules, but I was just going to ask, anyway.
In the darkness, Light grows stronger. Will you allow it to grow or will you succumb to despair?
Liriah
The Unseen Watcher

Words: 71507
Joined roleplay: June 2nd, 2013, 9:44 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Lavira on July 1st, 2013, 2:23 am

In regards to the calendar events, it depends on the event in question. Some cities/regions, the STs might have a specific event planned for that day (like the earthquake/spelunking expedition in Endrykas), where others they are simply city-wide events where a PC can take some moderate artistic liberty (such as the earthquake in Wind Reach) to tell how their PC responded to that event.
Lavira
Monocular Exception

Words: 596082
Joined roleplay: April 11th, 2013, 7:00 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)