Another Newbie Announcing their Noob-ness

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Postby Dahrien Rhale on August 22nd, 2013, 1:34 am

My name irl is Jared, I've been role-playing in some fashion or another for 10 years. Most of my experience is with pen and paper RPGs (D&D, White Wolf, Star Trek, Cyber Punk 2020, Call of Cthulhu, etc. etc. Ad Infinitum), though I have through the years done the occasional forum based RP, this will be my first online RP on this kind of scale. My writing skill is probably a bit off-putting at the moment, hopefully that will correct quickly, a bit rusty with my skills currently.
I've actually been registered for about three weeks prior to this post, I haven't posted until now due to trying to digest all that I can about the site/world/etc. Which I have discovered is a daunting task! Admittedly though, that is part of what drew me to the site, the depth and unique nature of the setting are exactly what this slightly disgruntled role player has been dying for. RPG Storytelling has become so formulaic, simply due to the unchanging almost religious adherence to Tolkien style fantasy that it's become a bit like a job: Clock in, do your check list, appease management, go home. No room for character development, outside the "acceptable", and the rewards or consequnces all painfully familiar tropes as well.
Though my personal gaming group has a nack for avante garde storytelling, even we
have begun to stagnate and, I see a lot of opportunity for creative rejuvenation in Mizahar. As far as expectations for Mizahar I've about covered it, just a breath of fresh air, there's something deeply appealing about a world that is still being developed while players are active. In the future I would
love to assist in some of the fleshing-out process as well as participating, though time will tell, and I'm beginning to ramble so I will draw this to a close. Greatly looking forward to Mizahar.
Dahrien Rhale
Player

Words: 1101
Joined roleplay: August 10th, 2013, 2:18 am
Race: Human

Postby Lullaby on August 22nd, 2013, 4:19 pm

e
Hello, Dahrien / Jared! Welcome to Mizahar!

That type of background is great! I am sure it will give to a lot of new ideas and thoughts to put into your writing here on Mizahar, and it looks like you are already looking to help out! A lot of cities would love development from the players, whether it be ideas for festivals, songs, legends, locations that need to be written up, maybe even an NPC or two that add depth and culture to the city. Your local STs can definitely help you with those types of ideas and questions, so don't be afraid to ask them!

It can be overwhelming on Mizahar, but tackling the lore, and learning your ways around it comes with time and patience. Once you understand the rules of the site, and the lores of your race, city, and things specific to the making of your character, is when you can delve into the threads! The other things, such as learning about other places and things, can come later, and in your free time when you've hit a bit of a road block for writing.

Welcome welcome, and best of luck! If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to catch me in Chat or PM me! I'd be more than happy to help you in any way I can!

Happy writing,
~ Lullaby

Lullaby
Sweet song, sweet dreams

Words: 104298
Joined roleplay: July 5th, 2013, 4:01 pm
Race: Staff account
Office