Why the hell not?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Why the hell not?

Postby Mason Skylark on August 24th, 2013, 6:48 pm

Hey yeah, I'm here and I'm new. Yay. Introductions are cool and stuff. Yup.

Anyways, I haven't done a ton of research into the site or the RP world in general, but it will be done soon enough. As for what I hope to get out of all this? I'm not very picky. I just want some good RP. RP that isn't shit. I really don't like mixing RP with shit. Makes it taste really bad and it gets all in your eyes and hurts. RP without shit is awesome. This site looks like it could very well provide shitless RP, which would be great.

I was brought here by (username) Nez, who is my girlfriend of 6 years and also a new member of the site. Came here looking to break my long hiatus from RPing after the last round of RP shit I waded through on a different RP site which shall remain nameless. Also, fuck Gaia, right? Yeah. I am.

So yeah, once more unto the breach I guess. Another journey down the highway to hell.(Hehe, was listening to that song as I wrote it. Good times.)
Mason Skylark
Player

Words: 994
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2013, 6:15 pm
Race: Human

Why the hell not?

Postby Traverse on August 24th, 2013, 7:52 pm

e
Due to your excessive use of cursing, I figure I'd lead you over to the Swears page of our lore which gives you plenty of Miz related fodder to throw around IC and OOC. There is a policy on excessive cursing in our Terms of Use policy that you agreed to in signing up for this site, so I would just keep that in mind as you continue in and around Mizahar.

Welcome to Miz, and I hope your stay is indeed shyke free.

Traverse
Journey to your limits

Words: 1283282
Joined roleplay: December 18th, 2012, 4:16 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Why the hell not?

Postby Liyana Winterflame on August 25th, 2013, 9:51 am

Welcome to Mizahar!

Let me be one of the first to congratulate you.
Writing here on Mizahar is an educational experience.
Lore: Drunkenness Is Not a State for Acrobatics

~ Don't be shy! ~
If you want to thread with me, PM me!
Liyana Winterflame
Life sucks? Philter that right out of it.

Words: 31532
Joined roleplay: May 10th, 2013, 8:37 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Why the hell not?

Postby Mason Skylark on August 25th, 2013, 4:20 pm

That's quite an interesting swear page. Am I correct in assuming that even those IC swears cannot be used excessively IC? And also that real world swears don't exist IC? When I end up swearing in the RP, I want to make sure I'm doing it right. Cus it's gonna happen.
Mason Skylark
Player

Why the hell not?

Postby Alea Davenport on August 25th, 2013, 4:26 pm

You can use IC swears as much as you want, you foul-mouthed PC! Since they are not real swear words, I think they don't fall under the terms of use. Just be careful, a PC might try to make you eat soap if you use them too much ;)

Real world swears for the most part aren't really used IC. There's no real reason to use the RL versions of "petch" and "shyke" for example, since those analogs exist. And there's not really a concept of "hell" in mizahar, so using that wouldn't really make sense. As for any other swear words... you can probably use them if they fit in context, but I'd use them sparingly, again because of the terms of use.

But feel free to use any swear on that page as much as you like! Even to the point where you start replacing your real world vocabulary with them ;)
Alea Davenport
Wielder of Obfuscated and Circuitous Logic

Words: 477755
Joined roleplay: October 28th, 2011, 10:54 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Guest Storyteller (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Why the hell not?

Postby Gossamer on August 25th, 2013, 5:23 pm

I cringed when I saw this intro. I won't lie. I'm glad Traverse got to you first. I wouldn't have been so gentle. I swear plenty in real life, and drop a few F bombs.. but I do not approve of it here on our OOC boards. IC is a whole different ballgame.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Why the hell not?

Postby Mason Skylark on August 25th, 2013, 6:18 pm

I apologize if my words caused you pain. I must admit, I've never gotten that reaction from anyone before. I'll keep it in mind for the future.

My reasons for doing it was to try and come off as a bit nonchalant and casual. Seems to have backfired somewhat. Rest assured, I will keep the naughty no-no words out of my OOC from now on.
Mason Skylark
Player

Why the hell not?

Postby Gossamer on August 25th, 2013, 6:45 pm

Trust me, it was a cringe of noting tastelessness in an introduction thread. Not one of pain. Sticks and stones man, but never words. I think what we are trying to say is have more pride in what you say because you only get one chance to make a first impression. And right now yours is reading 'punkass kid' or 'ex-con' heavily in my mind. :P

We also have scrapbook threads, which you can post anything you want in there so long as it doesn't violate the ToU. We aren't anal retentive. We're just... adults?
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Why the hell not?

Postby Liyana Winterflame on August 25th, 2013, 6:55 pm

Gossamer wrote:We aren't anal retentive. We're just... adults?

Quoting this for emphasis. It's solid pure gold and you have to chew it well to absorb it all.
Lore: Drunkenness Is Not a State for Acrobatics

~ Don't be shy! ~
If you want to thread with me, PM me!
Liyana Winterflame
Life sucks? Philter that right out of it.

Words: 31532
Joined roleplay: May 10th, 2013, 8:37 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Why the hell not?

Postby Mason Skylark on August 25th, 2013, 8:33 pm

Well I can assure you that I am neither a punkass kid or an ex-con. I am a 24 year old male currently working towards a bachelor's degree in Video Game Design. I'm glad that we are all adults here and hope that we will be able to put this minor incident behind us. I failed to read the ToU upon registering. It's a habit that I'm sure most people are also guilty of, though I know that does not excuse myself for it.

I was simply trying to bring some lighthearted humor into my introduction by stating my distaste for certain other, less organized RP sites that I have been to, and my hope that this site will be different. The reason for the cursing was because, I simply curse regularly IRL and wanted to seem genuine with my personality, rather than try to hide who I really am. I've never been accused of being anything negative because of it, until now, unless you consider being called "blunt" negative.

And with that said, again, I apologize. I will make every attempt to play nice and try to make myself fit in accordingly.
Mason Skylark
Player

Next