Nice to meet you all

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Nice to meet you all

Postby Teresa Deepseeker on October 3rd, 2013, 12:02 am

Name - or what you'd like to be called!

You can go ahead and call me Tess if you’d like. ‘Illiterate knob’ works too.

What sort of RP experience do you have if any?

Ha! None. I’m completely green and can’t hold a dime to the impressive RP resumes you lot have.

How did you find us?

I was introduced by my sister when she joined a year ago, and then proceeded to stalk all you lovely people until I could work up the stones to start a character. You all are amazing writers and I’m still intimidated to be honest .

What sort of RP style is your favorite?

And my incompetence rears its ugly head...what is a style of RP? Are we talking about Sifi, Fantasy, or vampires and werewolves sort of thing? If so then I have to say Fantasy because I read to escape my world and live in someone else's for a bit and fantasy can mean just about anything. It tends to not be as ‘pre-determined’ as some, like how its aways vamp vs wolves in a battle for bloody superiority and, personal opinion and all, robots piss me off. Don’t know why they just do. All the flashy lights and super abilities mayhaps? Meh, Moving on.
Now if we are talking more about mood in a thread I prefer happy, insightful or exciting threads. Or at least ones with not so much depressing angst overtones if only because I’m that person who walks away from a story in the same mood that story was set in.

What do you like to write about - not write about?

I’d love to write about things like gods, magic, character revelation and find some way to alter the world. Don’t know how, but it’ll happen. What I don’t do well with is sex scenes and just prefer to skip everything and have them wake the next morning, cause’ I tend to blush...really hard.

Whats your favorite thing about Mizahar so far?

Realistic magic. Seriously, I want to meet the guy who came up with this concept and shake his hand. This is the first place I’ve seen where magic is not conjured out of thin air and instantly make you a badass. Instead it has a source, cause, and effect which all goes into great detail and can be more harmful than it is helpful and seriously mess up your character. That and you gotta work for it, no free rides here sucka!

What, if anything, has frustrated you about Mizahar so far?

A year later and I’m still stumbling on obscure pages of lore, awesome pages someone put a lot of work into, and I wish there was a better way to find them all without resorting to a pick and shovel.

What would you like out of the mizahar experience?

Fun, isn’t that what we all want?

Is there anything you'd like to see expanded?

I would love to see more in the Mizahar book section of the lore, especially books on travel and the IC portion of ‘Magic and I’ , but other than that just keep Mizahar awesome!

Anything else you want to talk about?

Yes in fact there is something else I want to talk about. Props and respect to all the Liasions, mods and players that helped me get situated, nobody has been anything but patient and helpful and I stumble my way through my first time registering, with my character creation and all those frickin’ codes bent on testing my limited nerd capabilities.
Teresa Deepseeker
Player

Words: 28373
Joined roleplay: August 17th, 2013, 1:06 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Nice to meet you all

Postby Kaie on October 3rd, 2013, 5:17 am

Welcome to Mizahar! I hope you don't find the lore too daunting, it gets so much easier! Good luck! :)

Kaie
Player

Words: 1635197
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2013, 3:13 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Nice to meet you all

Postby William Renegade on October 3rd, 2013, 6:49 am

Sup!

If there's one piece of advice I can give ya, it's to not give much of a damn about other people's opinions. That only holds back the fun. Plus trust me, you'll never be as terrible as I was when I first started RPing. An 8 year old could have probably done better than I did back then... and I'd love pretend I'm joking about this but it's just shamefully factual.
William Renegade
Player

Words: 17572
Joined roleplay: September 30th, 2013, 9:48 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Nice to meet you all

Postby Tani on October 4th, 2013, 11:04 am

Welcome to the mad-house!

It's great to see someone new getting involved in RP. Don't worry, you'll be losing sleep to strobing word documents with the rest of us before you know it. The magic system is indeed quite well-developed, I found it a little overwhelming when I started out as well (come to think of it, I still do!), but that's the price we pay for complexity I suppose.

Anyway, best of luck, and enjoy your stay in Mizahar!

Thanks to Arundel for the awesome post template!
Tani
Law of the Jungle.

Words: 50129
Joined roleplay: August 12th, 2013, 12:31 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Nice to meet you all

Postby Faval on October 4th, 2013, 7:59 pm

And my incompetence rears its ugly head...what is a style of RP? Are we talking about Sifi, Fantasy, or vampires and werewolves sort of thing? If so then I have to say Fantasy because I read to escape my world and live in someone else's for a bit and fantasy can mean just about anything. It tends to not be as ‘pre-determined’ as some, like how its aways vamp vs wolves in a battle for bloody superiority and, personal opinion and all, robots piss me off. Don’t know why they just do. All the flashy lights and super abilities mayhaps? Meh, Moving on.
Now if we are talking more about mood in a thread I prefer happy, insightful or exciting threads. Or at least ones with not so much depressing angst overtones if only because I’m that person who walks away from a story in the same mood that story was set in.

While those all factor in to style, I believe the question mostly means which actual style of roleplaying are you most familiar with. For instance, there is forum roleplaying, like Mizahar, there's tabletop RPGs, DnD for instance, and there are chat room rpgs which are more about quick, concise posts rather than the lengthy, detailed, marathons that happen here.
Faval
Player

Words: 101410
Joined roleplay: June 13th, 2012, 5:25 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Donor (1)