Realized I never properly introduced myself!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Postby Michaela Rae on October 9th, 2013, 2:16 am

Well, hello there!

This is Michaela Rae, AKA... none of us are close enough for me to reveal my real name. Anyway, I'm glad to be here, glad to know this place exists, in fact, this isn't actually my first time coming here to find roleplay!

One revolution around the sun ago, I came here after looking all over the internet for roleplay sites like this one. However, was so much going on in my life, and I realized I wasn't dedicated enough to truly be involved in a roleplay site such as this, and you guys wouldn't have appreciated my writing, as it was going through many phases and needed lots of work and practice. I didn't think it would be fair to give you all halfhearted work, so I decided to come back when I knew I was ready. It's been almost a year now, and I realized that this was the only website on the internet that I could truly come to for all my roleplaying needs! I had truly improved, and after carefully evaluating my skills, I realized that this was now the best environment for me to further hone my writing technique.

I would love to learn even more ways to spice up the plot, change up the syntax, create more eloquent and image-painting sentences, and I also want to have fun! That's what writing has been all about for me, ever since I was a little kid. I want everyone here to know that I write for me, and me alone. If you write for other people, your work will never satisfy you as much, but I do like to learn more from other's writing and tips. My English teachers nicknamed me Fusion in school, because I take many concepts and ideas and carefully fuse them to create my own masterpiece. It's a unique style of writing that I have named The Fusion Method!

My character here was just created on October 3rd or something.. and she's in Wind Reach, an Inartan. If any of you happen to be there and want to start some writing, please let me know, I'm all for anyone befriending my character. I have yet to come up with a strict plot for her, she's just trying to settle in, but she does have a slight plot to her that I will sharpen up as I go along. I hope you all learned a lot from me. Feel free to ask me anything. I will also reply here later with some info about me and my interests, hobbies, ect.

Sincerely, Michaela!
Michaela Rae
Player

Words: 7485
Joined roleplay: September 28th, 2013, 7:37 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kaie on October 9th, 2013, 12:19 pm

Hi there!

Welcome back! I think you'll find there are a lot of different styles and tones of writing to be found across Mizahar. I've found each PC has a unique voice I think you'll appreciate. As far as writing there's a lot of people I've come across with the same goal. Most members are more than happy to critique and review a post. I find that to be the best way to see mistakes you might've been oblivious to. I'm sure you'll find yourself improving again in no time!

I'd love to see this "Fusion Method" but sadly my PC isn't anywhere near Wind Reach. I've seen a lot of new Inarta, though, so I can't imagine find threading partners would be a problem! I'll keep an eye out for you! Good luck! :)

Kaie
Player

Words: 1635197
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2013, 3:13 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Michaela Rae on October 9th, 2013, 9:40 pm

Haha, it's actually not extremely different from just regular old writing, meaning that I don't know how many people could actually tell the difference, however it makes it easier for me when I'm writing if I look at different literary devices and put them in my own order, as well as seeing how people describe objects and adding that to my "library" of things I can write in my head. Everyone does it, I've just taken the liberty of naming it. Thanks for the welcome, and yes, I doubt I'll have much of a problem finding people to write with, and I'm grateful to know that this is a friendly and comfortable environment.

Sincerely, Michaela.
Michaela Rae
Player

Words: 7485
Joined roleplay: September 28th, 2013, 7:37 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets