The Journey to Zeltiva(Grandfathered)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

The Journey to Zeltiva(Grandfathered)

Postby Ventus on August 11th, 2010, 9:52 pm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Excuse me sir, but what did you say about my art?"

Day 86 of Summer, 510
It had been days since Ventus has found money on the dead hunter, and days since they decided they were to journey to Sahova. After researching a map, he decided the best way to get there would be via Zeltiva. He did not know how much the ferry to Sahova would cost there though, and stealing a boat would be hard without a sailor. What would happen on the journey was also a mystery, but he had made it from Wind Reach to Syliras, mostly on luck and taking rides on heavily guarded merchant carts by paying them with glass. He was on the outside if the gates of Syliras with his horse and many things strapped onto it. On his back was a quiver and bow. Soon, his traveling companions would meet him outside the gate, and possibly others that were headed to Zeltiva.
Last edited by Ventus on August 30th, 2010, 4:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
Ventus
Player

Words: 10962
Joined roleplay: July 14th, 2010, 8:11 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet

The Journey to Zeltiva(Open)

Postby Yngvie on August 11th, 2010, 10:11 pm

Day 86 of Summer, 510

Yngvie walked with his head down towards where he saw Ventus and his horse. He was wearing his usual robe, recently washed, and his hair was dressed neatly. On his back was his longsword. His money, along with a few possessions where in a pack on his back, while his ink was in a pocket in his robe. "Hello my red friend, how are you today?" , Yngvie said, making a dramatic gesture with his hands as he approached Vents. He had not done much since he had found the dead body with Ventus, aside from organizing his possessions better. "When do we set off?" Yngvie said.

Yngvie
Chaos's Herald

Words: 9059
Joined roleplay: July 11th, 2010, 6:10 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet

Postby Vallux on August 11th, 2010, 10:23 pm

Summer 86, 510

Vallux walked towards the two beings near his own location; he had been sitting against a tree reading through his notes and scratching out a few unnecessary or inaccurate things that the original authors of the books he'd copied out had missed. Now his belongings were in his backpack, and his portable shelter (which was still in perfect condition, since he'd almost never used it since buying it twenty years ago) was strapped to his back. A small tree branch he'd found on the side of the path served as a staff, allowing him to take some weight off of the wound in his left leg he'd received several years ago when he slipped in a puddle of water and drove a spike of glass into the flesh. It didn't hurt him, since he lacked the ability to feel pain, but it would cause his body to fall apart faster if he didn't take care of it, and that included taking stress off his injuries.

As he walked towards the two he fished in his pocket and picked out the advertisement that had caught his attention: "Travelling companion needed for accompaniment to Zeltiva, payment negotiable, combat skills preferred, vital status not an issue." The last line had caught his attention, since he knew that some travelers had a problem with his species, seeing them as abominations. for that matter, some of the older Nuit were indeed monstrous, being little more than beasts in human form, their sanity and reason long since eroded by the sands of time. His train of thought concluded as he reached the two, one of them an Inarta as evidenced by the vivid red hair unique to that race and the other probably a Vantha, since he had that air of idiocy and flightiness about him that even the most intelligent and focused members of the race had in Vallux's eyes. Looking to the Inarta, who had been there first, he held up the small scrap of paper with the advert circled. "I assume this comes from you. I am a Nuit, I have some small skill in Alchemy, Animation, and Voiding, mostly Alchemy. I am an itinerant researcher. I have no skill with any weapon, but an unenviable knowledge of the weak points of the human body."

Having thus stated his purpose, he turned to the other, raising an eyebrow as if to question why this one in particular was here.
Vallux
Seeker after Knowledge

Words: 15019
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2010, 9:10 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet

Postby Lookos on August 11th, 2010, 10:48 pm

Lookos Bloodhound

Lookos had spent his time wisely preparing for the trip. At least he thought he had. Ventus might disagree, but Lookos didn't mind. He had gone to a spiritist, and bought a book on basic spiritism. He had read it over, and bought the supplies needed. He had attempted once, and failed. The second time he suceeded in making a weak mixture. Now he was walking down the path toward the meeting place, while looking around for Kita his kelvic friend. Looking around he finally saw her coming towards him. "Ah there you are" he said with a smile. "I've been looking for you."

Lookos
Currently Retired

Lookos
The call of the wild

Words: 10737
Joined roleplay: July 18th, 2010, 5:20 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Kita on August 12th, 2010, 6:20 pm

Kita was worried about traveling. It had been a while since she had left Syliras and the surrounding regions. She had gotten used to her life in the Bronze Forest. All the same feelings that haunted her when she was in Avanthal were coming back to her. Should I be leaving? What will happen in this new land? She trusted Lookos but still, she was not sure if she was ready to make the move to Zeltiva. She shook the thoughts from her head and started towards where Lookos was. She breathed in the air. It smelled cool and foresty. Just how she liked it. She kept sniffing until Lookos's scent caught her attention. She immediately started off in his direction. It was better to leave with him then to stay in the mountains alone.

Kita rushed off in Lookos's direction. He had her bag that she kept all of her clothing in. She was not comfortable being around the new people in her human form. She always felt more comfortable in her fox form. When she saw Lookos she wagged her tail in response to his greeting. It was a real hindrance not being able to talk to Lookos in this form but she would have to settle for just getting to talk to Duma, Lookos's dog, and his two wolves Rage and Ruin. They were always good conversation.

The people in the group scared Kita a bit. She was not sure what to expect. Each person was of a different race and none of them were Kelvic like her. She pressed herself against Lookos's leg in fear. "Oriana, please protect me." She was a firm believer of Oriana even though she was a fox. There was something about the motherly deity that calmed her. She had never really gotten to know her mom. In her opinion Oriana was the only mother she had even if she had never met her.
As you walk through death's dark veil,
The cannon's thunder can't prevail,
And those who hunt thee down will fail,
And you will be my ain true love...
Kita
Foxy Lady

Words: 59174
Joined roleplay: May 26th, 2010, 10:17 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Ventus on August 12th, 2010, 10:35 pm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Excuse me sir, but what did you say about my art?"

"Okay, so the party has assembled, as far as I can see," Ventus said, nodding at the Nuit that held up the circled pamphlet. He jumped up onto his horse, and waved his hand forward. "Speak now or forever hold your peace. We follow the road, and the road only. We camp out with a watch that switches every two hours. Good? Great. Now we go!" he screamed happily. He tapped the horse on the head and had it start to walk slowly forward, Ventus grinning as he went. But on the inside, he had other thoughts. I do not know about Sahova... from what I have heard of it... It is not good. I fear that we shall die, but I hope we do not, so let us continue... to any of the gods, if you hear me, protect us.
Ventus
Player

Words: 10962
Joined roleplay: July 14th, 2010, 8:11 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet

Postby Yngvie on August 12th, 2010, 11:10 pm

Yngvie watched as three more people arrived at the meeting place. A Nuit, who introduced himself to Ventus, a man that he recognized as Lookos, and a fox who he was sure was a Kelvic. The Nuit cocked an eyebrow at Yngvie questioningly. "Hello, I am glad that you are a mage and a Nuit. That means that you may not be so freaked out by Sahova. I have a feeling I will fit in just fine." Yngvie said the last part mostly to himself. He then turned to Lookos and the fox. "Lookos, is this fox another one of your guard dogs? I know you have a couple. If not, you should watch out, I hear there are deadly shape shifters who can take the form of both animals and humans. Be careful, they can be dangerous." He said the last parts as sarcastically as possible. Yngvie noticed that Ventus was leaving, and turned to follow. "We had better get going my pretties!"
Yngvie
Chaos's Herald

Words: 9059
Joined roleplay: July 11th, 2010, 6:10 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet

Postby Vallux on August 12th, 2010, 11:58 pm

Vallux watched as the rest of them arrived, a human of indeterminate origin and a Kelvic, currently in vulpin form. Half-listening to the Vantha, Vallux started walking at his own steady pace, at a speed that would allow him to keep going all day if necessary. Since it was marginally faster than the pace set by the leader, who was still riding his horse, he caught up within a minute or so. "I will keep watch, I do not sleep and have nothing better to do."

Having thus completed his currently necessary conversations, he dropped back to the middle of the group and continued his pace, reading over an old scroll and memorizing the contents.
Vallux
Seeker after Knowledge

Words: 15019
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2010, 9:10 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet

Postby Lookos on August 13th, 2010, 4:37 am

Lookos Bloodhound

When Kita had come up to him he saw with a little regret that she was in her animal form. She had warned him ahead of time that she might do this, but now he realized that he wouldn't be able to speak to her for some time.

When they reached the meeting place he saw three men. Ventus, Yn'gvie, and a man whose looks Lookos couldn't quite place. As he walked up Yn'gvie said in an annoyingly sarcastic voice
"Lookos, is this fox another one of your guard dogs? I know you have a couple. If not, you should watch out, I hear there are deadly shape shifters who can take the form of both animals and humans. Be careful, they can be dangerous."

"Why am I even coming on this trip with this sarcastic prick" thought Lookos to himself

Though outwardly he only shrugged, and walked toward Ventus. "So I assume we are leaving soon" he half asked, half stated to his friend.

Lookos
Currently Retired

Lookos
The call of the wild

Words: 10737
Joined roleplay: July 18th, 2010, 5:20 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Kita on August 13th, 2010, 11:56 am

Kita watched intently as the collected men discussed the upcoming journey. She pondered over whether she should have taken her human form. She wanted to be able to discuss what was going to with the others assembled. Still, these people would have to earn the right to see her human form. It was not that she was stuck up. She just needed to trust them before she could make herself vulnerable like that. Far too often she got hurt when she was in her human form.

Kita's tail flicked when she heard Yngvie refer to her as "one of Lookos' guard dogs". She was loyal to Lookos and she cared for him but she did not consider herself a guard dog. She was not one to be chomping at the bit to kill an intruder or to growl at every person that walked by. She was a lady even if she was a Kelvic lady. Her more animalistic qualities did not turn her into a savage. Maybe others of her kind decided to be guard dogs or attack beasts but she did not want that. Maybe it was the short amount of time that she was raised by humans that made her have a little human-esgue pride. Either way, she was not a guard dog. Would she fight for Lookos if needed? Yes, of course she would. He saved her from getting captured by human children. Did she consider herself his guard dog? Not until he asked her to be.
As you walk through death's dark veil,
The cannon's thunder can't prevail,
And those who hunt thee down will fail,
And you will be my ain true love...
Kita
Foxy Lady

Words: 59174
Joined roleplay: May 26th, 2010, 10:17 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Next