Flashback [Nesting Aeries] Vengeance achieved

(Nano Challenge) The plan to kill Bolin goes horribly wrong

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

[Nesting Aeries] Vengeance achieved

Postby Lavira on November 7th, 2013, 7:54 pm

Timestamp: 88/89 Fall 512

Vira couldn't believe what she was witnessing. One of the hatchlings had the girl pressed to the floor, a massive talon jammed straight through her shoulder and his beak descending in what she thought an attempt to take off Bolin's head. It was a horrifying image, one that blared that this was HER fault. Bolin had been stupid enough to fall for the impromptu act of vengeance, but it was still Vira's fault and there that girl now lay on the verge of death, blood seeping from her lips and eyes wide in terror at the angry raptor.

"Hey! Hey, off, come on, off!" Vira suddenly cried out, leaping into the aerie and waving her arms at the eagle perched on the hapless Yasi. "You're killing her, come on, leggo!" She pleaded still, dropping down beside the other girl and looking between her and the eagle. The fledglings angry voice filled her mind and the teen blanched downwards at the reverberating tone.

~Shut up, Chiet. This idiotic brat had the gall to climb on my back uninvited and CLAIM me! As if I were some kind of obscene horse. The lunacy, I tell you. I am not a horse! And she will never again make that kind of mistake with me or any other in the colony~

The beak came down and Vira put herself in the way. "No, please, think what your elders would say!" She couldn't tell them it was her fault, it was her doing that caused Bolin to do something so stupid and reckless. "You will always have a stigma with your name and nobody will ever want to bond you! Would you want that?!" She winced, feeling the hot break pouring over her neck, that maliciously curved weapon mere inches from her head.

~....no, I suppose not...But she deserves this for trying to ride me.~

Yea, and so do I for causing it; petch, I'm no worse than they are! The girl thought but did not say. "Please, just let her go. I'll bring you some sweetbreads from the processing center later, I promise, just let her go!" How could she have been so cruel to let this girl be massacred in such a way? She let the tears flow but the birds thought it sympathy for the stupid Yasi.

Bolin coughed and lifted off the ground some when that talon suddenly withdrew, along with the foot that had been holding her down. The eagle was retreating to the ledge again where its sibling had stood unsympathetic to the scene. The yasi deserved what had happened to her and that was that.
Last edited by Lavira on November 8th, 2013, 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lavira
Monocular Exception

Words: 596082
Joined roleplay: April 11th, 2013, 7:00 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Lavira on November 7th, 2013, 8:05 pm

The aerie reeked of blood and sweat and fear. The stones, normally dry and well cleaned of grit and grime, had a moist look about them. Their lackluster appeal had disintegrated the moment the Yasi had been attacked. They now shone with a darker quality that would likely hold the stigma of what had happened in here for some years.

But the eagle which had caused the damage had relented and released the girl; and the Chiet which had caused it was now sitting off to one side as the healers gathered her onto gurney, a heavy bandage having been wrapped around the thirteen year olds chest and shoulder to staunch the blood flow. If she lived, she was going to have quite the scar and story to tell, that was for sure.

Vira was seated to one side, her arms around her legs and her chin resting upon her knees as she stared at them, willing the youth to live, to push through the trauma she had endured and overcome the circumstances which had put her there. There were grumblings by a pair of Endal which had come to calm the angered fledgling since it had chosen not to speak to Vira further since the incident. They murmured that the girl, too, deserved what she received, but why would she have gotten it into her head to do such a stupid thing? Had she learned nothing in the lessons around the eagles?

Vira laid her head to one side and watched the sun glinting off a distant glacier, her head hurting and her fingers itching to scratch. She had caused that girls demise, had been the instrument of its making. And though the girl might yet live, the sixteen year old still felt absolutely awful about it.

How could she have done such a terrible thing?

Vira got to her feet soon after the healers left and went down the ramp towards the exit of the nesting aeries; the cold winds that pushed through the mountain were helping to clear her mind somewhat and she was sure if she but followed the pathing, she would find a bit of relief.
Lavira
Monocular Exception

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Lavira on November 7th, 2013, 8:21 pm

Vira came to an overlook, stained glass blocking the drop that would otherwise have sent a misstep careening off the mountain. She stopped here, her arms grasping her elbows and a shiver breaking goosebumps across her arms and neck. The teen still cried, but the cool air was helping her focus.

She did not find it odd to feel guilty for having done what she did. Nobody would be able to identify the culprit anyways and Vira would never speak a word of it (so she told herself). It would be her secret and her secret only for the rest of her natural life and nobody would ever have to know.

A hand dropping on her shoulder made the teen jump in surprise, spinning on foot to see who had startled her. Her single-eyed gaze met with that of Duvin's, the Youthmaster ever kind in his appearance. But Vira could not help wondering what the man wanted with her.

"Tragic thing that happened to Bolin, hm Lavira?" He said, looking down a little at her.

"Oh...yessir, very." She said, turning her gaze back to the mountains beyond them. "She shouldn't have been in there, though."

"Mm. She was trying to impress the new fledglings, I was told."

"Yessir. She was hoping one might bond her. But the one who attacked her said she got on his back."

"I was told they found a note inside the aerie. Someone had told her to climb on. A nasty trick, but I was shocked that she fell for it."

Me too... The teen wanted to say, keeping her face calm and wiping away a few of the stray tears.

"Someone must have been really mad at her to play a trick like that. Maybe her excitement to be bonded outweighed the need for caution in the presence of our friends."

"Perhaps." Duvin replied, giving her shoulder a reassuring squeeze. "Well, be strong Lavira. Bad things happen but don't let it dig too deep. You were very brave to stand up for her."

"Thank you sir, I was just doing my duty."

Duvin nodded, and then left the Chiet, returning on his way to wherever he'd been going. Vira was really surprised that he'd heard about it so fast. But then, like the Valintar, the ranking officials in the city tended to hear rumors fairly quickly.

Once he was gone, however, Vira covered her face and cried, using her palms to muffle the sounds. What a horrible day this had become.
Lavira
Monocular Exception

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Skerry on December 11th, 2013, 4:51 pm

Grades

Lavira

Skill XP
Negotiation 1XP
Persuasion 2XP
Subterfuge 1XP
Observation 3XP

LORES :
  • Vengeance: Doesn't always turn out as expected
  • The horror of almost getting someone killed
  • Subterfuge: Keeping things from the Youthmaster
  • Ranking officials hear about things quickly

Notes:
Oh what a horrible thing to do! Good thing the girl wasn't killed or Vira never could have lived with herself!

I gave a point in negotiation for the sweetbreads, points in persuasion because the eagle was convinced not to kill Bolin and the subterfuge for keeping information to herself when talking to Duvin.

Remember if you have any questions about or problems with your grade then feel free to PM me.

Skerry
The Volatile One

Words: 121644
Joined roleplay: November 8th, 2013, 10:00 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook