Greetings to a perilous world

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Postby Ereban on November 8th, 2013, 5:31 pm

Greetings all,

While I am not new to roleplaying I have to say that I have never seen a site so well laid out and maintained as this one. It’s still easy to lose a bit of info here and there but for the most part navigation is easy, information is readily available and things are structured to flow intuitively. Really well done.

I have a few opening question about my chosen race the Ethaefal to help with my character sheet.

Q: - Since the Ethaefal were formed in the Valterrian, then their current mortal seeming - their last gender correct mortal life - must be from before the Valterrian. Is that a true statement?

Q: - What is an acceptable amount of time that should have passed between one’s fall and the current day? Or is that just a matter of RP preference? I am opting for a short period of two years because the starting package doesn’t leave me exceptionally skilled in anything (which is perfectly fine) and it seems like a couple of years getting one’s self together might equal the scores with which I am starting.

Note: - I don’t know if this has been mentioned before but I found it very helpful to go through the Character sheets with interventions on them. Reading the problems found by the intervening interventionists helped point out things that I might have missed otherwise.

I wonder what the most common source of intervention would be?

I look forward to getting my sheet in order and playing along.

E
Ereban
Player

Words: 12040
Joined roleplay: November 7th, 2013, 1:40 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet

Postby Varka Iceglaze on November 8th, 2013, 5:35 pm

Hello I'm new too hope you get your questions answered and have fun here
Varka Iceglaze
Warm in the Cold

Words: 12036
Joined roleplay: November 8th, 2013, 4:00 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Ereban on November 8th, 2013, 9:15 pm

I notice from the price list that Philtering, Herbalism and Medicine seem to be separate skills. As a point of clarification, does one need all three to make anything of medicinal value? Does Philtering allow you to make and store the output or is it required for any production at all?

So with herbalism and Medicine could I make something beneficial that could be used at the time?

E
Ereban
Player

Words: 12040
Joined roleplay: November 7th, 2013, 1:40 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet