Completed [Zinrah] A New Undead Doll (Evalin)

Aka finally arrived in Zinrah along with her new slave.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The unassuming den of the Constrictor Dhani, it is truly a pit of snakes. Travelers should take care, because the Dhani are always hungry... [Lore]

[Zinrah] A New Undead Doll (Evalin)

Postby Soshakuakamamushi on November 24th, 2013, 2:28 pm

OOCIt's fine, Eva. :)

"Hssss..." Like the snake she was, the Viper hissed as her scarlet slits locked themselves to Katherine's red. She got her now, with a will of her mind, she could melt off this ungrateful doll's neck with lava or utterly explode her body into burnt fleshy crisps. It was so easy, to unleash it all upon this helpless doll who dared to bear hatred against her. Running away from her problems wouldn't solve anything, she had learnt to stand up for herself. She was a adult female Dhani, she would not be trifled with, especially coming from her own slave. But what was stopping her from actually enacting it? Aka's right hand started to tremble, her forceful grasp on Katherine's chin faltered. "Y-you... you... aaaaaaaaaaagh!!" She roared in anger as flames burst out... not to Katherine, but on her body. Aka's torso, hair, and shoulders literally ignited in flames, giving the impression of a humanoid creature made of flames. She released her hold on Katherine and slightly backed away, her flaming form standing in the middle of the cage. She was this close of igniting the doll in flames, but some rational part of her mind altered her actions.

Aka could feel the heat of her flaming children, but her mind steeled itself knowing Ivak would keep her safe. The Azenth brought her right hand near her face as flames travelled from her shoulder to cover her right arm. "He... sssehehehe..." She giggled again, but a tinge of arrogance could be heard. "Katherine, what are you trying to sssay?" She understood what the doll meant, she just couldn't believe those kind of words escaped the Nuit's lips. She was not a placid girl, no, it was merely a mask to cover the vessel of hatred. The doll didn't hate her, but she hated fate instead. How odd, to be hating an abstract concept, Aka almost snorted out of the absurdity of it all. What could both of them do against fate? Fight it? Bend it? Utter nonsense. Even the Divines themselves were bound by destiny. Mere creatures such as her and Katherine couldn't even grasp the true concept of Fate, let alone hate it. "You want me to unleasssh everything to my very own kin? The kin who took me in! Ha... hahahaha! Katherine, oh, Katherine..." Even as her body burned, Aka put one hand to her hips as her other hand flicked one of her flaming ponytails. "You're right, I want all of thisss!" She outstretched both of her hands diagonally upwards. "To burn!! I want everything to recognize MY power! Let them feel my flamesss asss their body turn to ashess!" The flames and smokes around the Viper gathered into a single point somewhere above her head, creating a large fireball, then she slowly brought it down to cup it in her hands. She was naked now as her clothes were consumed by her flame.

"However, I learnt one thing from my long yearsss of life... isss that hatred doesssn't sssolve anything." She closed her scarlet slits then the fireball disappeared into puffs of harmless air. The remaining res inside the cage also returned to their mistress through her pores and nostrils. Aka gave a long exhale of breath as her adrenaline dimmed down. "You know why there are so few of usss, Dhani, in Mizahar, Katherine?" Aka looked to the side as she contemplated, her rage being replaced by sadness. Then she looked back to the bound doll, brows furrowing. "It'sss becaussse we hate each other, yesss, even among our own kin. In-fighting combined with the century it took for usss to mature declined our numbersss consssiderably. Add those endless Myriansss here in Zinrah and well... I think you can sssee. Our race... isss dying and if nothing changed, we would be extinct." Aka approached Katherine and used her hands to rub her stone bounds, transforming it into puffs of air, releasing the Nuit from being pinned to the bars. She still got the manacles and collars on though.

"You are wrong, my doll. Hate destroysss usss, hate destroysss everything. I personally experienced that..." Her rage to the jungle was driven by hatred towards the world. If it wasn't for Ivak, she wouldn't even be here at the moment. "Hate doesssn't give you anything but sssuffering. I hate sssome of my cousinsss, but... killing them will give thossse Myriansss victory and I hate them far more than my cousinsss." Besides, I love Master... he won't be happy. "What happened, Katherine?" The Viper tilted her head in curiosity mixed with pity, this Nuit must had some tragic history to make her this way. "I realize it now, there are ssso many thingsss I don't know about you... but I know you are not helplesss." Aka figured that if the Nuit girl could act so calm facing that tiger before, she must have some kind of ability. Most - if not all - of her kind were mages after all if what Galbern said was true. "My mentor, a nuit mage, told me he came from Sssahova. They were all magesss there, are you one too?"

She crossed her arms over her chest, not really caring if she was naked, Kat had seen her clothless for days. "If you want to hate, then you can help me. Rather than telling me to kill my brethren... why don't you help me to kill Myriansss inssstead? Hate them, they are pestsss in the jungle. They killed too many already. Ssstand by my side as we burn Taloba to the ground, not Zinrah." Aka approached the doll, extending her right hand to caress her cheek. "You told me to do it... why, Katherine? Tell me. You keep ssspeaking that you held no power, that you're but a doll, seeing you know, those are liesss, isn't it? If you what you sssaid isss true, about hate giving you power, then you mussst be a powerful girl, Katherine." The Viper giggled for a tick, feeling foolish at not noticing this earlier. A Nuit in the jungle couldn't be just some average person. "It'sss okay... tell me everything, I thought you were jussst a delicate doll, but... I'm wrong, you are ssso much more. You ssstayed calm facing my flamesss where mighty predatorsss and my cousinsss feared them. How many person could do that? Not much, I know that for sssure."

"Tell me ssso I can trussst you, you told me to not lie, then you must not lie to me in return. Tell me about yourssself then I will tell you about mine." A look of concern filled the Viper's face, she felt a twang of pity in her heart. This girl was so caught up in her hatred, she viewed slaughtering one's own kind to be a good thing. She was a truly sad being. "And I'm sssorry... I jussst... I thought you hate me."

"common" | "snake-tongue" | "arumenic" | thoughts

Important Note: Aka is currently pregnant (with eggs, being a Dhani) at the moment and as such, her belly is slightly bulging and she moves noticeably slower than usual.
Soshakuakamamushi
Inferno Viper Queen

Words: 654684
Joined roleplay: June 30th, 2013, 7:14 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Overlored (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Evalin on November 24th, 2013, 6:05 pm

Evalin expected many things to come of her words. She expected the girl to rampage, to spew out fire and lightning upon the world that rested unknowningly around her. She expected her power to spread through this city, killing everything in sight. She expected the girl to extend her magic to swat her like a fly, to engulf her in flames, and if that were the case then the beast would have come... But something unexpected happened, something Evalin never could have foreseen.

The Nuit's eyes widened, feelings of surprise blossoming within her despite herself. A bit of awe, jealousy, and annoyance mixing together as one, She is consumed by fire, yet she is not burned... By what means is this possible?

Tsenrika's cold voice filled her mind once more, Uncertain is the answer... yet troublesome is this ability for my Master's flames cannot harm one such as this.

Despite her loathing to do so, Evalin had to agree. If it came down to a fight Evalin would be unable to rely on her greatest weapon, the fires of her hatred. That meant she would have to rely on her lesser elements, those she was not so well versed in... These she did prepare to summon, along with that inner power granted her by Uldr, but then something odd, and once more unexpected happened. The girl laughed... Taken off guard Evalin released her hold on her power and magic, a frown deepening on her lips as irritation struck her.

What foolish child this is... Be it the greatest disrespect to laugh so mockingly at one you shall soon kill. Children know not their manners any longer... It was an odd thought, one that Evalin found herself wondering where it came from. Somewhere deep inside something felt... relief. But why was that? She was not afraid. No she was far too old and confident in her own power to be afraid. Yet still something was off. The girl laughed and... Evalin felt, for just a moment, glad that the Mistress was no longer angry at her. This odd feeling Evalin quickly shook off, burying deep within her, locking it away to ponder later.

Her eyes were set and focused, the downward turn of her lips not quite so pronounced now as she listened in silence to the child's words. A muscle twitched in her eye as she found her facade was seen through, Be damned this girl... Would I that I could better play the part of a helpless fool.

Perhaps you should have cried and begged for your life instead of staring back with judging eyes and words filled with hate and experience...

Perhaps... But it has never been so simple to cast aside my pride to play such a role. I must amend this flaw as quickly as possible...

Finding her arms released, Evalin fell to the ground, hands pressing on the floor of the cage as she stared off to the side, her brow furrowed and eyes not looking to the speaker. Her words struck a cord within Evalin, plucking at some part of her that fought to be revealed once more... But with a firm shake of her head Evalin forced it all down, buried it deeper and deeper where she hoped it would never resurface. She could not be that girl any longer... She could not give in to Evangeline...

Evalin slowly stood, brushing off her knees and hands from where dirt and dust had collected. Straightening her spine Evalin found Aka's eyes, searching within them for something... Somethign in her voice caused the burning hatred to subside slightly, and she felt as if...

I advice against this... Be you not wary of an act? To reveal what you wish to reveal shall put you at the disadvantage...

Evalin's brow knitted together in sudden anger as she retorted, Be silent! Know you not who I am? Be still your worries and concerns, for I am yet Evalin... But once, just once, I shall let my story be heard. Let this girl hear it, for perhaps in it she might see the truth of this world...

A weight seemed to lift from Evalin's shoulders as she once more looked at Aka, something not quite so hard in her eyes. Looking to the side Evalin would extend her wrists out, "Very well... Remove these shackles from me, and I will tell you of who, and what, I am. You have my word which is my oath, on my honor as a Sahova Wizard..."

If the shackles were removed Evalin would rub her wrists, walking past Aka to take up her staff and pendent. Careful to return the item to its resting spot around her neck, Evalin would grasp her staff with two hands, looking it up and down before glancing back at Aka, "Never have I been good at hiding mine true nature... Tis a great flaw I possess, one that centuries past have done little to aid." She rested the end of her staff on the ground, leaning her weight upon it as she leveled a measured gaze at Aka. Gone now was that mask of frailty, the mirage of a helpless doll. In its place stood a girl far older than she looked with eyes that showed centuries of experience, of pain and triumph, of Waring hate and lust for power. A woman rested behind the dead child eyes, flickering in the red of her hatred passion, magical and mighty yet somehow restrained. As if she wished, for just a moment, to let lose and scorch the world to cinders.

Absently fingering the ridges of her staff Evalin began slowly, "I have, over the many many years, gone by dozens of names. I am known as the Contractor, the Sorceress of Flame and Shadow. I was the Darkness Between the Stars, the All Consuming Flame. I was once Professor of Zeltiva, Wizard of Sahova, the Witchling Child. Among the trees far to the north I was the Haughting spirit, that which captured one's soul and plunged it into Despair..." She looked at Aka with a leveled gaze, "I am Evalin, she who shall sever the hands of Fate and free to world from the greatest cruelty of all."

She fell silent, looking off to the side deep in thought, "Such I was called, such I was in times long since past. Now... I am powerless. I am cursed to walk this world, to see the chains of the greatest cruelty in all the mortal realms. Cursed to watch the needless suffering of thousands, unable to act because... My power is lost to me now..." She slowly rocked, eyes misted as she crafted a lie that was not entirely a lie... as she was her power was diminished, gone was the strength she would have claimed but a season before. Now... Now she was not so sure, "My tale is a long one, one that I would not speak of unless bidden. But, as you are my Mistress by choice, I would ask to hear of your tale first... What gives you such hope? What gives you power to abandon hatred?" She looked searching at her Mistress, "Hatred has kept this body moving through centuries... but if I could, I would find another way. Anything to cast aside this wretched existence that I now live."

OOCThis is so fun!

ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Soshakuakamamushi on November 24th, 2013, 7:52 pm

The Azenth felt Katherine's previous eruption of hatred died down, this made Aka calmed down in turn. Her rational part of mind geared back to life as the last bit of her rage left her, replaced pity and concern for this undead being in the form of a young girl. She watched as the girl contemplated Aka's words, seemingly taken aback. This was already a sign that the Viper's assumptions were spot-on, she was not just some Nuit who was 'conveniently' lost in the jungle. She requested for Aka to release her manacles, the Viper was unwilling at first, but immediately changed her mind when Katherine mentioned 'Sahova' and 'wizard'. It was no use restraining a mage - a Nuit mage nonetheless - with such physical bounds, Aka very much knew that because she was one herself. If she should ever found herself restrained with shackles and cages, she would melt them all with her lava. Without hesitation, Aka picked up the keyring and removed all of Katherine's bounds on her arms, wrists, and leash, but she still kept the collar on; it was more of a symbol than an actual restraint, to show that the Nuit girl belonged to her.

The Viper watched the girl walked out of the cage in silence, acquiring both of her most precious items. Really? You were pretty good... but your hatred gave you away. Truth to be told, if Katherine didn't erupt with hatred just moments ago or Aka didn't have Ivak's mark, her facade might still be intact. It was that one crucial moment of hatred that made the Viper questioned Kat's true nature. Still, the girl was willing to talk, she shouldn't be interrupted. She looked a whole world different now, her gaze turned from being meek and naive to wise and experienced belonging to someone with many years in her life. The two clothless hundreds of years-old girls faced each other, two beings with deceptive physical appearances. Aka tilted her head ever so slightly in curiosity at the train of titles the undead girl spoke. Some of them were actually cool and ominous, but besides that, it showed on how much of a lie her earlier mask was. A person like this willing to be someone's doll just like that? If it was true, Aka would be cuddling with a Myrian next. She was indeed a Wizard of Sahova, that alone explained everything. Now, Aka could understand on why her slave's emotions erupted earlier, she wanted to 'sever' Fate itself, she viewed destiny as cruel. The Viper couldn't provide a reaction nor retort to that, she didn't want to mess with fate.

So... what did you try to achieve, Kath- no... Evalin? She tilted her head in genuine curiosity, what was the point of her acting like a meek slave? To seek protection? Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't, she would ask of it later. That mention of power again, Aka shook her head slightly, lies. If she was powerless, she wouldn't sit on that tree with such calmness, she wouldn't face a literal flaming viper in serenity, and she wouldn't dare to show so much hatred even after seeing what Aka could do. "I don't think ssso, Kath-...Evalin. You know what I think? I think you are ssstill powerful, you are a wizard of Sssahova for the gods' sake! If there isss one thing I know about magesss isss that, we are alwaysss powerful, no matter what age or ssstate we are in. I think you are jussst pitying yourself, Evalin. How can you defy 'fate' if you act like thisss?" She had shared some part of her story, now it was the Viper's turn. Her mention of choosing Aka as a her Mistress made the Viper felt proud, she gained a Sahovan Wizard as a follower, it was like reversing her situation with Galbern. Oh, master, I wish you can see me now.

"My tale? Well... Evalin." The Viper inhaled as she collected her words, she would reveal all to her. Secrets for secrets. "Asss you may know, I'm a Viper Dhani. I wasss born in the Eyktol Desssert, far away from here. I lived there for about a century before... my nessst wasss ssslaughtered. I didn't know what happened as one day when I came home, I found my brothersss and sistersss burnt to ashesss. Nothing wasss left, unlike you who ssstill have that pendant and ssstick." The Viper tried to keep a straight face, but she was never good at hiding her emotions. Her brows furrowed as painful memories came back to her. She continued her story as she walked out of the cage and sat on her bedroll. "Then, he found me. Massster Galbern, a Sahovan Wizard like you. He took me asss hisss apprentice and he wasss the one who taught me magicsss. We travelled the world to different kind of citiesss, the port city Zeltiva, the fortress city Syliras, many othersss. I met othersss of my kin in my journey, but very rarely. It'sss from there that I firssst wondered on why there were so little of usss while humansss breed like rabbitsss."

She sighed, patting the bedroll, inviting Evalin to sit beside her. "However... one day, in Alvadasss. I... became a fool. M-massster wasss doing sssome kind of ritual, h-he wasss lying on top of a corpssse w-while white liquid flowed out from hisss mouth. It s-ssshocked me and I... accidentally dropped the lava I wasss holding... b-burning... h-hisss motionlesss body to ashesss..." She had experienced extreme losses twice by that point. "T-then I ran... I ran and never came back, I... I didn't remember much after that until I arrived in thisss jungle. Then he appeared, The Trickssster Kalesserimamoru, my new massster. He invited me into Zinrah, he taught me thingsss, he opened my eyesss on the dire situation the Constrictorsss were in. Without much choice, I decided to live here and help my brethren my building tunnelsss and hunting Myriansss. However, true to our reputation, my cousinsss didn't like me! They ssscorned, insssulted, bullied, and treated me asss sssome kind of garbage! I began to hate... at everything, why wassss fate so cruel to me?!" Then another very important even happened in her life, the one that truly opened her eyes. "O-one day, I couldn't take it anymore... I went into a rage and burned down the jungle, I almossst overgave to death but then... he... he appeared. Ivak wasss hisss name, the God of flamesss, the world dessstroyer, he marked me asss an Azenth, one of hisss many flamesss." Aka turned her back and showed Evalin the twinning flame marks on her left shoulder blade. "I found a new goal in my life, I found that hatred only brought dessstruction, nothing would ever be gained from it. Proof? Jussst look at my race, ssso few of usss... yet we are so caught up in our arrogance that mossst of my cousinsss couldn't even see it. Hatred almossst cossst me my life, but Ivak sssaved me." She sighed, a small smile on her lips, her scarlet slits looked to Evalin's red eyes. "Now, Evalin... tell me, why do you hate ssso much? What happened to you? Yesss, perhapsss I can help you but you have to tell me everything."

Important Note: Aka is currently pregnant (with eggs, being a Dhani) at the moment and as such, her belly is slightly bulging and she moves noticeably slower than usual.
Soshakuakamamushi
Inferno Viper Queen

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Evalin on November 25th, 2013, 3:00 am

Evalin blinked, and almost smiled at the girl's words of her telling lies about herself, pitying herself, "You believe it so? Well... Perhaps." but she would not interrupt with further thought, not until she had heard all that was said. She listened quietly, eyes distant as she looked to the side, letting the words wash over her. When beckoned Evalin would slowly move to sit beside the Dhani girl, though she was sure to keep some distance, folding her legs under her like a proper woman, as she was taught, and laying her staff across her knees.

The nuit nodded slowly as Aka continued, speaking of her master and his untimely demise. In truth it gave her pause of her own fate... So the girl knew of nuits, but not of what they were? A curious fact, one that could be exploited, but then it should be rectified at once. Evalin had no wish to end her life as the girl's former master had... Education would be required. In the back of her mind Evalin could feel Tsenrika brooding, keeping his thoughts to himself yet she could tell that the Irylid was not pleased with the track of this conversation. Such as he was, the Familiar only wished to keep her safe and out of harms way, though Evalin doubted it was for purely honorable reasons. His life was tied up with her's after all, and the Witch doubted that he would care to end his life so casually.

Despite herself Evalin felt a small twinge within her, something akin to empathy... but no, that could never be. Her heart was cold, dead to the world. Nothing existed there but darkness, pain and hatred... Nothing could survive that wretched swirl of confounding thoughts and emotions. That was what Evalin thought, what she always believed... So she simply ignored it.

Something said caught Evalin's interest, a God's name whispered that she was not familiar with. Ivak? Was that the source of her power? Her ability to resist the flames, and to somehow know of Evalin's inner hatred? This was a question the Nuit would file away for future thought...

As Aka finished Evailn remained silent for a moment, thoughts running through and plots and schemes overlapping. Oh how she could twist the situation to her advantage. Sweet lies threaded into her mind even as she contemplated just how to bend the tides in her favor, to craft and conjure the greatest words that would make this girl her puppet... Thus she was surprised by what she actually said.

"The body transfer ritual... That was what he was doing. A nuit must change bodies periodically to avoid falling to rot and decay. He must have been in the middle of the transfer when you came upon him so suddenly." She spoke softly, not really looking at Aka as she did, "Perhaps it was his own foolishness, and not your own. Every nuit knows to take the proper precautions during this most vulnerable time. Either he was careless, or he simply forgot... But such was not your fault. Not truly."

Be silent this tongue that betrays me! Why do you speak of such retched things? Foolish, foolish Evalin... Evangeline be damned you and your soft heart. Let you not betray us again!

She paused again, letting her mind settle a moment to collect herself once more. This could not happen, Evalin could not allow herself to betray all that she was by showing pity of all things. It was against everything she was, what she stood for. Steeling herself Evalin thought of her next words, wondering if what she was to say was truly Evalin, or some terrible sabotage of the weaker humanity. Tsenrika was right, it was true follow to reveal too much to this girl. Such knowledge could be used against her, as leverage to destroy her now or in the future... Yet still, when last could Evalin do something as this?

She cased a furtive glance at Aka as a realization flooded her consciousness. This was the first time Evalin had gained the opportunity to speak with someone so like her. Someone her own age, somewhat, with similar thoughts and personality. Well somewhat similar. In truth Evalin felt as an outcast, as she was never able to do what normal girls did. Never had she the chance to talk as one might with... a friend. In fact none in this world truly knew her story, or even cared to know. Thus when she was suddenly asked so pointedly Evailn found herself somewhat at a loss for what to say... She could not say everything but... perhaps just this once, she could speak of herself, tell her story from HER perspective and maybe... maybe someone else would understand...?

Evalin shifted and leaned her back against the bars,closing her eyes and absently stroking the pendent at her neck, "You know not what you ask... None have heard of this tale in all the centuries I have walked this world. It is not so simple as to explain what has brought this creature to where she is today..." She let her mind settle upon a point of beginning, and thus she chose the point in time which it all began...

"There is a city which rests in the middle of a lake far from here. It is there that I... That she was born. Her body was weak, and was frail. Fate had given her only a half life filled with pain and suffering. Rarely could she eat for nothing would be held down, and rarer still did she walk for her trembling legs would not support the little weight she bore." The nuit's eyes opened, gazing into a past long since gone, "Upon the docks one night a man cloaked in shadows approached her, and he offered her a chance. A chance to live, to experience life, to finally gain the chance to walk, to run, to truly LIVE. The girl cursed her fate with all of her heart. She hated what she was, and so she grasped desperately at the chance that was offered. Only... It was a trick. Every offer comes at a price, and the price was steep..." She paused, her hand still stroking the gem. Her voice then came again, though more softly still, "The price for immortality, he said, was to sever all ties with your mortal life. Everything that held you to this world, cast it aside, burn it to ash and let it scatter to the wind." Something akin to pain, aching sadness crossed her expression but was just as quickly gone, the mask in place once more, "And thus the night came that my ties were severed, and my parents passed away in flames."

Evalin would fall silent for a chime, seemingly deep in thought though her mind had grown blank, "I followed this man cloaked in deceit. I followed him for decades, and for a time I thought that what I felt for him was love... but that too was a lie. It was a trick played by him as he twisted mine thoughts and emotions with the vile magic of hypnotism." Anger and hatred blossomed in her heart as her eyes narrowed, "Be damned all that practice that accursed magic. It is the vilest of all diciplines, the corruptor of saints, the bender of truth. It is a crutch used by the weak to pretend they are strong. When comes the day that I stand in judgement of the world, I shall cast all who bare this mark upon their soul into the pits of despair and strike from them all that they hold dear." Evalin had no idea that Aka was a hypnotist. How could she? She merely had suspicions, which for the time were not at the forefront of her mind. IN fact for now it was like Evalin could not see the world around her. The cave did not exist. Only the faint remembrances of the past stood there before her unseeing eyes.

"From there I fell to a dark place... Many things I saw, many things I did. I have killed many many people... I have slain both men and women, slaughtered children and animals. I am certain my time on Sahova has seen several of your people put to death by my word... Yet I knew that what I did for so long was surely justified. It was as it should be, for I had a purpose." Her head suddenly turned and she looked at Aka, her eyes widened in a wild stare as she whispered, "I saw him... I saw him sitting at his desk, presiding over the lives of others. I watched as he cast judgement upon some soul. It was him... Fate."

Hatred began to grow inside of her once more as her brow knitted together, "That wretched man who holds the title God of Fate, be damned that Lhex! Curse him and his work, be damned all that comes of him! He is the greatest cruelty for HE decided what mine life was to be, not I! It was HE that cast me into such a frail body. It was HE that placed that man cloaked in terrible power before him, and it was HE that held out that offer to change my destiny. He was the cause of it all, as he is the cause of everything that does occur. Every terrible instance in time was deemed so by FATE!"

She stood, slamming her staff onto the ground, both hands gripping tight as the bubbling wrath frothed, nearly spilling over as the rant continued, eyes raging lost in the madness to be consumed by hatred carried for centuries, "Be damned him and all his work! Tis he that dictated this path I walk. Tis HE that caused the suffering of all by my hands, for he KNOWS I have seen him. He knows that I come, that I shall sever from him his hands that write such terrible things in that ledger called life. I am the Immortal Witch Evangaline, the Warring Soul who shall free the world of its ignorance and break the chance that FATE has entrapped them with!"

Her body went ridged, eyes widened. What... did I say...?

Evangeline... Evangeline... Evangeline...

Her body shook, and the nuit gripped at her chest, doubling over as she felt her muscles and bones begin to ache. There it was, the beast, the other threatened to emerge. The image flashed before her eyes of her 2nd self, the creature that embodied her wrath and rage. It pressed against her skin, scorched her mind and begged for release upon the world to kill all that would bring Eva to such a state. Falling to her knees Evalin pulled herself into a tight ball, staff clattering to the ground as she groaned, holding her sides to resist the change. This was her power, and her curse... So easily she could kill, she could spread hatred, but the cost was utter loss of control. This Evalin did not want, could not stand at this point.

She glanced at Aka, and a foolish decision that was for the bloodlust filled her and she quickly closed her eyes, looking away, "S-stay away. Be gone girl unless you wish to die. The curse... The curse shall claim you. Be gone Mistress. I have chosen you to guide me to where I must be, thus you cannot die this day!"

Her skin rippled, bones cracking as the tried to shift to their desired form. Evalin resisted this, however, but she feared she would not be able to for long...

Better this, my master, than to watch as you fall from the path... See what happens when you resist and try to be what you were never meant to be? Such is your punishment. His voice was cold... but perhaps he was right.

ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Soshakuakamamushi on November 25th, 2013, 4:49 am

"Oh... yeah..." Aka felt so stupid, why didn't she realize Galbern was body-transferring? She cursed at her own laziness for not listening to anything he lectured to her. She found his monotone lessons to be utterly boring, Galbern's speech was one potent sleeping drug. He must have told her above the ritual somewhere in his lectures, but she ignored it. "Damn it! Why... aaaagh! I ssshould have listened to him!" The Viper pulled at both of her twintails in frustration, regret began bubbling inside her, but she realized it would of no use. He was dead and nothing could bring him back. She looked at Evalin as if looking up the Nuit if she could provide her with something to ease her guilt. Yes, she was a Nuit, she could replace him. "Evalin..." Aka scooted closer to the girl, her voice lost its rage and suspicion earlier, the obsessive and lonely tone came back. "It wasss not hisss fault... I wasss the ssstupid one, b-but... thank you." It was good to know someone didn't completely blame her for what she did. "What about you, you need to change bodiesss too, right?" Aka would have to find a body for Evalin to surf should the time comes, some of the captured humans in the dungeon would do.

Eva was comforted with her presence as Aka was by her, she still had some hesitation but finally told her story. "It'sss okay, I want to hear it." Even if it took days, the Viper would still be willing, she was a long-lived race. What was a couple of days spent listening to the story of a friend? Friend huh... The Viper wasn't so sure. Her desire to make the Nuit her doll died down, she held so much history and knowledge, she would be a powerful ally standing by her side as they destroyed Myrians. But, Aka didn't want her as a friend, no, she wanted Eva to be someone more. Someone she could caress and kiss, someone she could rely her head on, and someone she could take pleasure in the nights. A lover... She felt like a hypocrite at first, loving someone else other than Mamoru even though she criticized him for mating with Tinnok, the Witch of the Wilds. Master doesn't love me back, does he? So... It was a futile one-sided love anyway, Mamoru clearly had her eyes on Tinnok, he viewed her as a mere friend. She should accept it and move on... this girl right here could take his position. As she listened to Eva's story, Aka subtly put her arms around the girl's waist, slowly pressing their naked forms together. Aka leaned her head to the side, resting her head against the slightly shorter girl. Was she so lonely to demand affection from an undead? It didn't matter, Evalin was Evalin, no matter what race she was.

"That city... Ravok?" She heard of the bastion of evil, some of the Syliran populace spoke ill of the lake city like plague. Well, she couldn't blame them, if it what they said were true, then Ravok was one literal evil city. "You were born there..." Aka whispered as she hugged the girl tighter, subconsciously trying to provide solace for the girl. She was birthed in the city of evil, it was now wonder terrible things happened to her. "..." Aka closed her eyes, so because of that cloaked man Eva became the manipulator she was. The Viper could see why Eva tried so hard to trick her into thinking she was a mere doll and the reason why she was so good at it. "I'm sssorry..." The Viper pitied humans - she assumed Eva was a human - and their short lives. If only she was a Dhani then surely Eva would refuse the offer, she got hundreds of years to live. She kept silent, letting Eva shared her heart out. She had lost her family, she had lost her life, Aka could feel kinship with the girl and that only reinforced her growing affection.

She cursed hypnotists, Aka was surprised at first, but very much understood the cause. The Nuit had been tricked for years by the man who turned her into an undead, even Aka was really angry at Mamoru for tricking her, but the Viper became interested in the discipline driven by her need for people to recognize her even it was through manipulation. The Viper didn't feel offended at all, she didn't consider herself to be a hypnotist, she was an acrobat reimancer. Hypnotism was just a side skill she picked up to have fun and get out of sticky social situations. "..." Aka still kept her silence, telling her that Mamoru was a hypnotist would not bode well, if this girl should attack her master, she would be killed by him and blame would be put on Aka. Even if she somehow succeeded in disposing Mamoru, all of Zinrah would go ballistic, she and Evalin would be executed for betrayal and murder respectively. "I underssstand, Eva... but try to keep your wordsss for hypnotisssm isss one of the Dhani race's mossst common magic dissscipline." Warning her now was the right thing lest Eva accidentally blurted her disdain out, costing her unlife.

"Eva..." The Viper's mouth slightly went ajar, most of her curiosity on why Eva brimmed with hatred satiated at the Nuit's explanation of her foul past deeds. She had killed many, all kinds of blood from various races on her hands, even Dhani. Men, women, children, animals, she killed it all. That would destroy one's psyche, knowing she ended so much life, innocent lives. Aka was wrecked with guilt when she accidentally killed one person, she could understand if she turned into a vessel of hatred similar to Evalin if she had done the same thing as her. "That'sss okay... it'sss in the passst... pleassse... you are with me now." She ignored the rising anger at hearing her people dying in Eva's hands, Dhani themselves weren't exactly compassionate, her brethren tortured humans and Myrians for fun on a regular basis. Aka hugged caressed Evalin's waist, nuzzling Eva's cheek with her nose as a tear fell from her right eye. "It'sss okay..."

Then suddenly, the girl exploded, hatred flared through her gnosis again. No... not again! Aka winced, she didn't want to fall into a rage, not after it happened just chimes ago. The Viper instinctively released her hug on Eva as she watched the girl unleashed her rage on the cavern floor. Fortunately, her mind was occupied with bewilderment. She had never heard of a Fate God before, it was all new to her. She thought fate was an abstract concept that bound all beings, including the Divines. Knowing that someone was dictating her life brought despair into the girl. If this 'Lhex' controlled Fate, then why did he allow her nest to be slaughtered? Why did he allow her to murder Galbern? And why did he allow Mamoru to meet with Tinnok? Why did he allow Ivak to cause the Valterrian? "F-fate... ha... haha!" The Viper clenched her fists so hard, it went even paler than her skin. White hot mists oozing out from her form again as she shared Evalin's hatred towards Fate, evil cruel Fate that took joy in seeing mortals and immortals alike to suffer. "Eva...lin.. I..." She approached the girl, misty hand grabbed the girl's shoulder. "I don't know... I don't know that FATE is a God!! Ha... haha! Thisss isss all one big bullssshyke!" She let her emotions took control again, but now, her object of anger was the same as Evalin. "Knowing... knowing that my whole life wasss one huge ssshow for that god! What the peeeetch?!! I'm not sssome kind of ssstreet puppet for him to play on! Why did he allow me to sssuffer?! WHY?!" She was asking to no one in particular, the hissing mists still pouring from her pores. "Evangeline... so that'sss your long name, huh. I undersstand now, Eva. I underssstand why you hate fate... I thought fate wasss... wasss... NOT a god!! DAMN IT AAAALL!!" Res covered her right hand as her fist ignited into flames and she slammed her fiery fist to the ground, the flame turning into puffs of air ticks later. She did it to clear her mind.

"Evangeline!" Aka watched as the girl wracked with pain, curling in agony. Concern immediately began eroding the anger, she almost approached the girl when Eva suddenly warned her. It was the curse again... the curse that craved for blood. Her emotional upheaval earlier must have resurfaced it... there was only one thing she could do. She would not abandon this girl in times of her need, she promised to be her mistress and to provide her the blood she so craved for. A good mistress would not leave her slave to suffer, she would nurture her. "No." Aka said firmly, she stood up and approached the girl. "I am Soshakuakamamushi, your Mistresss, Evangaline." She finally spoke her full name, Eva had shared hers and it was time Aka shared her own. "I promisssed to take care of you ssso..." She knelt down beside the girl and grabbed the girl's wrists. If Eva didn't refuse her, Aka would position her body above the slave then dropping down to press her body close, pinning the Nuit like a lover so she could calm down. "Evangeline..." Even with their feminine forms pressed so close together, Aka still couldn't feel the girl's heartbeat, she was truly dead both literally and figuratively. The Viper bit her own tongue again, letting the blood pool in her mouth, then she held the girl's nape with her right hand while her left hand gently grasped Eva's right hand, crossing their fingers. Finally, she leaned in to kiss her deeply on the lips, opening their mouths so the blood could flow from her to Eva. The Viper used her tongue to push the crimson liquid further, this would calm her down.

If the Nuit allowed all of those to happen, Aka would pull back after a good while, her eyes lovingly gaze into the Nuit, filled with both love and lust. "Evangeline... ssstay with me... unleasssh your hatred on the monkeysss inssstead of me. I... I..." They had just met bells ago, could she really say it? "...love you." She supposed she could, a fellow child tortured by Fate.

Soshakuakamamushi
Inferno Viper Queen

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Evalin on November 25th, 2013, 5:20 am

Evangeline... Evangeline... Evangeline...

The name echoed in her mind, filled her with despair and shook her body and soul. It was a curse, a reminder of what she was and what she was no more. The feeling of another body pressing against her's caused Evalin's eyes to widened as she looked up, cursing once more as she did. That insatiable lust, that hunger, that craving for blood filled her eyes and she spat out angrily, "Speak not that name! Evangeline is dead!"

She groaned and hugged herself tighter, her muscles and bones shifting beneath her skin. Struggling to hold it in, the beast, her other, her rage all of it welled within her. This was her curse, her power, her greatest weapon... and quickly it would become her doom if she could not get it under control. Somehow the close contact aided somewhat, giving Evalin's mind something physical to grasp ahold of. Something by which she could anchor herself, and she began to pull herself back... Until she tasted that sweet nectar coursing down her throat. Her eyes snapped open, shock and bewilderment filling her gaze as she found Aka's gaze. She saw it there, those feelings, and heard those words which she would never think to hear. As Aka pulled back, however, Evalin's teeth began to file to points, all becoming sharp canines that filled her gaping mouth.

Clenching her savage teeth Evalin hissed, eyes equal parts anger and utter bewilderment, "Speak not such things to me... Speak them not to a creature who takes life to extend its own. Speak it not to a beast that has failed in its one true purpose..." her eyes clenched shut, "Saying such things... Be damned you girl, for never should doubts arise in this cold heart. Nothing should exist but this hatred... Be damned..." Somehow the curse was not really a curse, as Evalin, in some way, sounded... relieved. Her skin was prickling, and her body was visibly shifting and her skin begining to change colors. Opening her eyes Evalin suddenly grasped Aka by the shoulders, her grip far stronger than it should be for a mere nuit, stronger than most humans. She looked desperately at Aka, "The Other comes... She will not be stopped. You must hurry, take me from here, take me from this city and this place where I can hurt no one. Release me to the jungles for her to rage. If she comes while we still reside in this city then... Both our lives be forfeit."

My master... What do you now...? Foolish master... How foolish of you to allow such things to occur. It is because you lost yourself, let go of that which made Evalin who she was. Accept it. This girl will die, and it will be because you forgot who you are.

A growl escaped Evalin's throat and she closed her eyes and shouted, "Be Silent!" her words were aimed at the Familiar who spoke the truth. A truth Evalin did not wish to hear. She truly had lost herself... What was this creature now? Was it Katherine? Was it Evalin? Or was it Evangeline? Eva struggled to string her thoughts to coherence as she looked at the Mistress once more, "Please... Hurry!"

ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Soshakuakamamushi on November 25th, 2013, 11:59 am

"..." Aka smiled knowingly, falsely assuming what Evalin meant by 'Evangeline is dead' was the slave talking about her state of being. She was a Nuit and thus she was technically 'dead'. "It'sss okay..." She leaned in and whispered right beside Evalin's right her, nibbling her earlobe in romantic affection. "You are alive to me..." She may see herself as dead, but the fact that she could talk, feel, hate, and grief were enough signs she was very much alive. The Viper looked determined to calm the Nuit no matter what, but in truth, worry began creeping in. She watched as the girl morphed, similar to Mamoru. So... her curse results in her going berserk in addition to her morphing magic go out of control? It must be so, what else? She had given her blood, why didn't the girl calm down? "Evalin, why isss thisss happening?" A tinge of caution coated the Viper's concerned words. Her body starting to lift from the girl, slightly backing away as she prepared her res. If Evalin did go berserk, Aka would have no other choice but to knock her out, maybe with a heavy blow to the head with a boulder. It would hurt, but it was necessary.

"Hold on, I... I'll think of sssomething!" She was starting to panic, not for her own safety, but for Evalin's. Her going out of control could result in Constrictors marching in and pound her to an ichor pulp. The girl may be strong, but facing a horde of cousins where even the average constrictors could break Myrian bones without even trying hard, Aka was sure Eva would be killed... followed by herself being captured and executed for bringing in a dangerous monster. She needed to do something and considering the situation, she would do best in her strongest form. The Viper began transforming to her Dhani form, her form grew... scales spawning, legs fusing, hair receding, head turning serpentine. She heard Evalin's angry words at Aka for showing her affection. After she was done transforming, Aka tried her best to calm the girl with words. "Evalin! N-no! Don't be like that, it'sss all in the passst! You can begin a new life with me! We can defy fate together! We can take revenge on the 'god' who ssso dared to dictate our life! I... love you, pleassse, it'sss not a bad thing to love! If you exissst on hatred alone, you will sssuffer even if you reach your goal! I know that... so p-pleassse..."

It didn't work, the girl suddenly grasped her scaly shoulders. Her grip surprisingly far stronger than her lithe arms could do. "Hsss!" The Viper hissed in pain as she tried to wrench Evalin's hands away. If she were in human form, Aka predicted her bones would break. "Other? Your curssse?" She asked a rhetorical question. Her request was impossible, they were far deep underground, combined with the complex tunnel networks, and Evalin's state. Aka knew she couldn't reach the surface even with her Viper speed. "It'sss not posssible! It'sss too far away!" She grabbed her head in panic, she must think of something... anything! Then her eyes went to the open steel cage. Yes, that could hold her and if it wasn't enough, Aka had a plan. Aka took Evalin's order of silence to be directed at herself, specifically at her own curse. "I got an idea!" Aka quickly picked up the girl's small form and threw her to inside the cage. Once the Nuit was inside, the Viper quickly slithered to pick up the key and locked the cage. "You can go unleasssh your rage in there! I'll cover thisss with rocksss, sssignal with... uh... sssomething when you are done!"

Aka quickly held out her hands to conjure her res once more, hissing in pleasure at the sweet whispers. She kept pouring out gaseous res until the whole cage was covered with it, her body started to ache, screaming for her to stop. Guh... come on!!! She didn't care if she began to overgive or not, Evalin's safety was top priority. Aka's life was indirectly tied to her as well, if the Nuit went raging in the nest... then as she said, both of their lives would be forfeit. The res kept pouring out and created walls that covered all four of the cage's side from the top to the floor of her cavern-room. Clenching her right hand, Aka then commanded her res to transmute into rock hard stone, covering the cage in stone walls. The walls got thicker and thicker every second until all of her res were transmuted. "Ha... haaa... ha..." Aka clenched her scaly torso in exhaustion as she dropped to the ground, holding her body with both of her hands. She had done her part... it was now up to Evalin, she must control her curse or... they both would die.

Soshakuakamamushi
Inferno Viper Queen

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Evalin on November 25th, 2013, 2:33 pm

Evalin found herself thrown into the cage, the door securely locked and then walls of stone rising around her. Evalin blinked in surprise, but was in a sense relieved at this idea. She could not restrain it any longer, and with a sigh she let it come, her body transforming to be what it wished to be. She grew in size, doubling, tripling in mass to the point that Evalin had to bend far over to not press against the ceiling. Her midsection lengthens, chest filling out even as her lower half grew and extended, sprouting new limbs that kicked at the confinements, denting pars in their fury. Her skin became the color of bruises, covering her body. The band about her neck became annoyingly tight, but not to the point that Evalin overly noticed. Finally from her head two curving horns sprouted, arching back over her scalp to end near her back.

Her body finally stopped expanding, and slowly Evalin folded her legs beneath her large body, making more room for herself in this cramped space. Raising her hands to her eyes Evalin tried to pierce through the darkness created by the stone walls... yet she couldn't. Still she knew she must look like the monster she was... The anger built, hatred flaring within her as she shook her head, "Why... Why must this be what I am... Why must this have been my..." She growled, slamming her fist against the metal, feeling the bars dent beneath her power. She grasped the bars, slamming her head into them, cracking the stone beyond though not enough to break them. Evalin rested there, holding the bars and feeling her strength draining on her body.

Such is the price one pays to change Fate... That voice cut through the darkness of her mind, falling upon ears that so desperately wanted answers, Never were you meant to live a happy life, for a greater purpose you were given. Evangeline is dead, Evalin lives. This is not something to pity, or to morn.

"But why not... Why should I not morn the loss of that girl, why should I not regret what I am and have become? Can I not long to be human once more!? Her fist flew with lightning speed, nearly ripping one bar in half as it slammed into the stone, shaking the whole structure and causing dusts and bits of crumbled rock to fall from the surface.

You cannot. Your life is no longer your own. The words stung, and stilled Evalin's movements, Upon your shoulders now rests the lives of the mortal world. Before you lies the path to greatness, and on that path you must obtain power to complete the deed which must be done. No time is there to regret, no time to doubt. Every step sends you along the path YOU chose.

"But it was wrong... I wish for this life no more."

Can a bird choose not to fly? Can a fish choose to breath air? it is pointless to pine and moan for a life that shall never be. Evalin shall never find rest or happiness in this world, for that is not who she is. The cold logic hurt... Cut deeper than anything else in this world, hurt more than any external wound, Shall you sit about and wish for this life to end, to be something it can never be and allow the cruelest of God's decide all that this world will be? Shall you allow all the blood you shed be for not? DId this child you now wear sacrifice her body for no reason at all?

Evalin clutched at her head, her body shaking and trembling as she tried to pull herself back, "N-No... I..."

What use have you for love? You have said it yourself, it is a crutch, and friendship is chains that bind you fast to one point. Relationships shall wrap about your neck as a noose, suffocating you before you die having accomplished nothing."

Her body shook as it altered once more, growing smaller and smaller, the rage subsiding to be replaced by something else... A cold darkness that resided in her soul, the mask falling to place once more to push down and away those foolish feelings from before.

Katherine is the mask you wear now, to seek and recover that which was lost to you, a firm confidence in your purpose, but forever you are Evalin. My Master. She who shall tear the world Asunder to rebuild it once more from the ashes. Evangeline is dead, forever lost. Her life shall never be lived. Her desires shall never be known, for she was the first sacrifice to the Immortal Witch on the journey to Sever the Hands of Fate.

Her body shrank to its original size, and now Evalin stood slowly, pressing her hand against her forehead, the other gently stroking Tsenrika's surface, "You are right my dear Tsenrika... What a fool I've been. I had forgotten..."

Reaching forward Evalin pressed her palm flat against the surface of the stone, fingers touching to find every flaw that was to be had, I must never forget of why I am here... I must remember the true nature of Evalin. But still... now a new task is before me. I must play the role far better than ever before. She said she loved me... Somehow that word feels empty when used upon myself.

As it always shall my Master, for you may only hate. Never shall you love again.

The nuit nodded as she pulled from her inner self, calling forth res to grow and swell, to pour out from her palm to coat the surface of the of the stone's from the inside. She pressed it into every little crack, every smallest groove, compressing it to the point that it filled every available space, Then let us use her... To regain that power that was lost to us. Let us wear the mask of love and friendship, and be the truest companion... And when the time comes, remove from her all that she holds dear and leave nothing but hatred in its wake.

With a hiss the res was transformed to air, and compacted as it was it quickly tried to expand out. To this volume Evalin continued to add more and more, pressing further res into the cracks and transmuting more air until the pressure built and cracks began to form along the stone. On the outside it would look like spidery veins formed across the entire surface, the sounds of crumbling stone falling and dust exploding continuing until the strain became too much and the entire wall crumbled away from the cage, revealing Evalin standing as she was, hand outstretched to where the wall had been just moments before.

Lowering her hand, Evalin bowed her head slowly, her mask in place. The mask crafted carefully, to show a smile that was sincere as she slumped forward, hands grasping the bars of the cage for balance as she looked up at Aka, "Thank you... Mistress." Her knees appeared to buckle as she slumped to the floor, pressing her forehead against the bars, "Perhaps I... Have grown tired of hating. Of wishing for everything to burn... S-so, for a time I... Would like to stand by your side. Mistress what little strength I have I... I give to you because... I love you too."

In that moment Evalin was reborn, risen from the ashes to dominate the vessel once more. Those words spoken, lies hidden in a veil of truth, coated Evalin's tongue with ash and distaste but she let her smile remain, Evangeline is dead... Long live Evalin.

ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Soshakuakamamushi on November 25th, 2013, 3:50 pm

The Viper waited in worry as she stood directly in front of the stone walls. Her ears listening to the sounds made by the Nuit trapped inside, she also made use of her heat-vision to try outlining Evalin's body, but found it very hard as her dead body didn't emit any heat. She could only rely on her keen hearing to get a bearing on what happened inside. Aka pressed the side of her head to one side of the wall. She heard the familiar crunch and tear of a body morphing, expanding, similar to her when she shifted from human to Dhani form. Evalin must be transforming right now. To what shape? Aka didn't know. She heard Eva talking to herself, asking questions to herself. She must be talking about her curse... Aka felt pity for her, feeling her flaming gnosis flared at Evalin's anger. She winced when the stones shook and the sound of slammed metal reverberated through the walls. Evalin... No.... Being cursed like her, Aka wasn't sure if she could continue to live in such a state, her own struggles looked pale in comparison to Evalin's suffering.

Ev-... The Viper suddenly froze as if she was caught by something very interesting. The Nuit... didn't sound like she was talking to herself. Was she talking to someone? Who? No one was in there. This intrigued the Viper as she pressed the side of her serpentine further to the walls, wincing everytime it shook at Eva's rage. So... you were a human, but who are you talking to? The Viper decided to keep listening. When the Nuit spoke about not wishing to live as she was, Aka almost screamed in panic. Was she going to commit suicide? "..." Impossible, if she was, she wouldn't even be taken as her slave in the first place.

At the stuttered words of 'no', the Viper became more and more assured she was indeed talking to someone, but somehow, Aka couldn't hear this other entity. Something was making her doubt herself, Aka supposed she should be thankful for whoever it was that stopped Eva's suicidal tendency, but she couldn't help but feel being left in the dark. She wanted to know who was this being torturing her slave! She was her mistress, she deserved to know everything. Ghosts?! The ones back in the Ruins? If one of those ethereals dared to disturb Evalin, Aka would burn them all with her flames.

The Viper planned to hire some spiritists in helping her take down those phantoms, but when a strange name echoed from inside the walls, that was when her suspicion spiked again. Tsenrika? Who the petch is Tsenrika?! Someone going inside my room and talk to Evalin behind my back?! OUTRAGE! She crossed her arms over her chest, her body trembled in anger. The Viper didn't appreciate a foreign entity just strolling in to her room uninvited, let alone manipulating her beloved slave. To make matters worse, Eva's tone visibly changed... she sounded empty... like the previous sweet girl she poured her story into vanished in that one 'Tsenrika' statement. "Evalin... hssssss!" She knew it, this 'Tsenrika' must be a manifestation of her curse, this 'Tsenrika' must be the one who put the Nuit into her wretched existence. Once she came out, the Viper would deal with whoever or whatever it was.

She slithered back when she heard the cracking sound, Evalin must have done something to make it fragile, she was indeed not a helpless doll. The walls would come down soon. After the barrier crumbled, Evalin would find an angry Viper crossing her arms over chest as mists began hissing out from beneath her scales. The Nuit's sweet words just screamed 'lies' to her now, her mind must be controlled by something, by the being called 'Tsenrika'. "Ssso, Evalin. Where isss Tsssenrika? I want to teach it a lessson..." She cracked her fists, her scarlet reptilian slits narrowing in unadulterated rage. "Let me kill it and sssave you... It'sss manipulating your mind! I heard it... you sssounded empty when you called it and at that moment... I felt your hatred dimming down. Now, you are ssspeaking to me, you love me... but, isss it you or 'Tsssenrinka' ssspeaking?! If you are in her, monssster! Come out and FACE ME, Coward!!" She assumed Tsenrika was some kind of monster possessing the Nuit, the source of her curse.

Soshakuakamamushi
Inferno Viper Queen

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Evalin on November 25th, 2013, 9:29 pm

You spoke too loud... A careless mistake. the Familiar observed solemnly.

Evalin tilted her head, a mask of confusion fixing itself upon her features even as she worked to rectify the situation, Perhaps so, yet not all is lost. I am the Immortal With Evalin, she who defies all Fate has to offer. Such a trifle as this is easily amended.

The nuit's features twisted to something close to hurt, and then guilt as she looked away, rubbing the side of her head, "I... I apologize I... Did not mean to hide it from you..." she blinked slowly, shaking her head and closing her eyes, pressing her palm against her forehead, "Have you... Ever overgiven before Mistress. Have you heard of such things as sweet whispers?" It was an obvious question, of course she had. This girl who was no girl was in fact a mage, a reimancer, so surely she had heard of the sweet temptations that called to mind when the limits were pushed far beyond what was ever meant to be.

The nuit's eyes looked saddened as she opened them, looking up at Aka, mouth opening and closing a couple times, before words finally escaped, "I... My time on Sahova saw me broken often. I sacrificed much to the hatred that welled within me, that still resides there now, and in part my... mind was somewhat lost." Evalin softly tapped the side of her head, "I can still hear them, whispers of hatred, of temptation to spread the fires of lustful destruction upon everything. It calls me, every day, every night, to give in. Give into the curse, give into anger and the hatred. Release it all, care not for the lives around you, only care for the power you want to obtain." Her fingers curled into claws running down the side of her head to her cheek as she looked past Aka, "I hear it even now. The whispers. I grew so lonely as the decades past that I... gave it a name. Tsenrika, the voice within me that wishes to tempt further misguided thoughts from me. It is foolish I know, but for one such as I... What other companion could there be but one made of pure imagination..."

Evalin lowered her head, pressing her forehead down to the ground in subjugation, "Forgive me for this deceit... She comes unbidden, a product of a fractured mind. I... I cannot always control her, and when she comes I am no longer myself. For so long she was all that I had, all I could depend on, and now, now there is another and she rages within me. She wants me to cast you aside, but I wont! I can't. She is afraid that... You will replace her, and that is my truest wish. To replace this voice of hate within me with something kinder... I am so weary of it all, of Tsenrika speaking through my lips to act as she desires I should act. No more... No more, I cast it out this hatred, to be replaced by the love of a Mistress instead."

She did not raise her head to look at the effects of her words, but kept her head lowered, eyes to the ground as her hair fell to cover her face.

A clever lie. One befitting Rhysol himself. The Familiar sounded approving, Though I rather dislike being labeled a female.

Evalin could almost laugh at the sudden return of the Irylid's dry humor. Their relationship was growing once more, retiring to that spot it was always meant to be, Remember this I shall come next I must lie of voices in my head.

ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

PreviousNext