Magic initiations

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Magic initiations

Postby Darius Twoseas on December 3rd, 2013, 4:48 am

I was reading the wiki entries on the various magics, and I noticed that some of the personal magics didn't have initiation practices in them. I'm specifically thinking about learning Auristics, and I was wondering how that would happen. Could my character just self-discover Auristics? He's pretty involved in magic already so that might make it more likely, but I was really just wondering how possible it is for people to discover magic disciplines on their own in general, not just Auristics. And if it is, what would that process be like. If it isn't, how do you learn them?

Due to unavoidable time constraints, I have found I can't spend the time it takes to write this character, I'm so sorry for the inconvenience it causes. This character is inactive.
Darius Twoseas
Player

Words: 33289
Joined roleplay: November 22nd, 2013, 10:56 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Magic initiations

Postby Taylani on December 3rd, 2013, 5:10 am

I was reading over the lore of Auristics and it doesn't say anything about the initiation that say Reimancers have to go through. However it does state the way it is learned is via users, and books.

So that would tell me that its not something you can just concentrate and learn but would need some guidance..

And good luck finding books in Endrykas they don't like writing :D
Taylani
Captivated

Words: 541241
Joined roleplay: September 7th, 2013, 4:41 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)