Awakening (Kovac)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

Awakening (Kovac)

Postby Shayth on September 16th, 2010, 7:58 am

Shayth glanced up as he approached, submitting to his dominant approach as easily as she had last night. It again, sent a thrill up her spine, before he locked his lips against hers. The rider responded in kind, breathing deeply and making a small sound of surprised delight. As he pulled back, she found herself breathing heavily, gazing up into his captivating green eyes.

"Is that a threat?" The redhead asked, an eyebrow raised. Again, the tugging sensation tickled the back of her head. Reaching up, she pushed against his chest with a 'tsk'.

"Out of the way, avora. I've got to get back before Turiska really starts to get angry."

Shayth
Player

Words: 82559
Joined roleplay: June 19th, 2010, 4:49 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Awakening (Kovac)

Postby Kovac on September 16th, 2010, 12:03 pm

"Oh, yes, it is a threat, my Rider." the half-blood breathed. Kovac resisted Shayth's attempt to push him away, grinning and holding his ground. But the Avora knew she was right, the eagle was a jealous and ill-tempered bird, in his opinion, and he honestly didn't want to make more trouble for her than he already had. Taking a step back, the archer kept his green gaze locked on Shayth's bright blue irises.

The moment was awkward, the situation none too familiar. The cynical man found himself with something he had fought since Kalle had left him, the desire to be around someone. Anti-social by choice, it chafed at Kovac that he felt the need to interact with someone else. But as he looked at Shayth, who once stood for everything he despised, everyone he despised, he realized he wanted to spend more time with the strong-willed Endal. She had defied his prejudgment of her as an arrogant, bitchy elitist and revealed a very human, very attractive, very intriguing woman.
And now, that interaction was about to end with an uncertain future.

Kovac's gaze dropped for a silent moment, then returned to meet Shayth's. "Well, you better get going, and if Turiska asks my name, tell her it is Jaleel!" Kovac emphasized his joke with a wink and a wry grin. "See you around Rider." He prayed to no god in partucular that indeed he would....soon.
Kovac
Snarky Mongrel

Words: 534544
Joined roleplay: March 1st, 2010, 7:19 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Awakening (Kovac)

Postby Shayth on September 16th, 2010, 8:53 pm

Grinning back at the avora, Shayth moved forward, turning slightly. She paused for a moment, before looking back and giving Kovac a quick kiss on the lips. Without waiting for a response, the rider moved to the door of his room and placed her hand on the handle.

"Jaleel. Right. I hope he knows how to run." Smiling her goodbye, the red head left his small subtarian room. Instantly she felt the tugging in the back of her mind, and a frown came to her features as she stalked back up through the commons. It wasn't morning, it was closer to midday - and people stared at her. Blue eyes falling on the nearest gawker, Shayth dared them to say something to her. Instead, they simply averted their eyes as if she didn't exist. As the woman walked the tugging became stronger, more persistent.

"Turiska? I'm coming, calm down." The endal said in a firm but quiet tone. Immediately the tugging became a buzzing, and a violently angry voice pierced her mind.

"Shayth!? Where have you been? Its late, and you usually aren't gone this long. Stupid inarta! I thought you were dead, or worse!" Shayth chuckled a little, working her way through the tunnels, away from Kovac.

"There's a worse than dead?" Angrily, she felt Turiska flare up. The bird began a colourful tirade of all the things that could be worse than being dead. She had a brilliant mind. Reaching the opening of the commons, Shayth shook her head and held up her hands.

"Alright! Alright! I get it. Look, I'm outside now. Come and get me. I'll be on the path towards Sky-reach." Turning onto the worn path, the redhead looked around for the eagles familiar silhouette. There were other riders in the sky already, but they weren't Turiska. Quite suddenly, a high keen broke through the sky and a large black shadow descended on her. Spinning quickly, Shayth jumped back as Turiska landed with a flurry of wings, her hair tossing in the wind. Feathers fluffed up and beak snapping, she shuffled her wings angrily.

"Where were you?"] The bird asked in a less violent tone. She was hurt, and worried. But to proud to admit it. Taking a moment to ensure the large wind eagle was calm enough not to tear her to pieces, Shayth moved slowly towards her.

"I went to the commons. I needed to clear my head. Had a few glasses of wine. Maybe to many. I couldn't make it up the mountain in my state." Reaching Turiska, the endal placed one hand on her neck, reaching between the feathers to scratch her neck. At first, Turiska pulled back slightly, a small keening sound emitting from her. But as the woman she cared about more than anything found the right spots, the eagle calmed down. Her feathers flattened and she tilted her head into the scratching.

"Like I said before, stupid inarta." Straightening, Turiska shook herself, before turning to preen the feathers that were invisibly out of place.

"What about your 'friend' from yesterday? Did he join you?" The tone of voice had turned too flat, too dangerous. There was jealously seething under her words. Shayth had to speak carefully.

"Hrm? Oh well he tried, but you know they are all the same. Arrogant, foolish, egotistical. You don't have to worry Turiska, I'm not going away." Smiling, she moved closer, placing her hands on the massive beak before her.

"I'm yours. Always." Yellow eyes watched her own blue ones, before Turiska shook herself again.

"Come on, didn't you say we needed to do some hunting? I'm in the mood for fish." Grabbing onto thick feathers, Shayth easily lept up and settled on the huge eagles shoulders.

"Turiska..." A sudden laugh filled her mind as the eagle spread her enormous wings and took flight.

"Okay, we'll go for something on the land. And then, fish!"

Shayth
Player

Words: 82559
Joined roleplay: June 19th, 2010, 4:49 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Previous