Salutations

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Salutations

Postby Silas L'escartes on January 22nd, 2014, 2:40 am

Recently stumbled upon this site.

I'm no stranger to PBPs but this looks legit.

Any advice or tips as to where to start a character with a slightly homicidal temperament?
Silas L'escartes
Player

Words: 60
Joined roleplay: January 22nd, 2014, 2:38 am
Race: Mixed blood

Salutations

Postby Jarn on January 22nd, 2014, 3:53 am

Though my current character is being developed, I can throw you a few pointers. The first bit of advice I can offer is that the site wants you to be as realistic as possible with your posts. You probably are going to have a lot of trouble murdering people and not getting caught with the Starter Package. I would suggest Flashbacking some threads to build your character and skills before you start to kill things.

The gods generally favor the good, though there are still a few decent negative-aligned Gnosis to aim for. Ssena, Rhysol, and a few others. Know that if you plan to utilize a mark, expect to write and research your socks off. The site is generally very frowny-crowny about things close to the lore.

A killer-type character can exist primarily in Sunberth. It is also possible in Alvadas' Underground. The wilderness is usually a no, unless you are a Zith with good wilderness survival.

Skills- as this site deals in realism I would advise a weapon skill, stealth, and escape artist/acrobatics if you plan on getting away with your crimes a good deal of the time. Other options are disguise, poisons, and larceny. Magic is a whole different can of worms, but beginning with a Gnosis by writing a Gnosis story can really help an evil character. As I said before, gaining a mark is difficult, and you need to write a really good story that is true to the lore for it to be accepted. Be sure to research the god fully!
Jarn
Retired Staff

Words: 2495
Joined roleplay: January 17th, 2014, 5:10 pm
Race: Jamoura
Storyteller secrets