Fleeing the City of your Birth (Amon)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

Postby Fenilen on September 13th, 2010, 3:19 am

Fourteenth of Fall, 510 AV

Fenilen walked with a hurried pace through Wind Reach, his eyes scanning even more worriedly than they normally did, his steps quick. His sword was at his hip, his bow over his back. He had a singular purpose today, and that was to get out of Wind Reach to answer the call he felt Priskil had given him. He was a strange sight, in the streets with his weapons equipped, despite his standing as an artisan and not an Endal, but he supposed the people of Wind Reach were used to such things.

He eventually made his way to the Aeries, walking quietly and sneakily through the Eagles and their Riders and the general hubub. His eyes scanned for one person that he needed to find, and eventually, after some searching, he found him.

Amon. He approached him quickly, speaking hurriedly. "Amon, can I speak to you for a moment in private?" he asked curiously, his head tilted.
Fenilen
Give Me Your Warmth!

Words: 144782
Joined roleplay: June 2nd, 2010, 3:04 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Amon on September 13th, 2010, 4:00 am

It was morning, very early morning, and it was quite hard for Amon to discern just why he had woken up at the time that he did. No matter, however. Sakima was settled in his corner, lounging about or perhaps, asleep, the rider was uncertain. He stood, however, deciding that perhaps he should at least clean a bit for the day before the usual set of Dek arrived to do the rest for him.

And he was setting about doing this until he heard the sound of someone's approach, and then the voice of a boy he didn't seem to recognize at first until the soft light of the open balcony fell on him. Fenilen, Emory's brother. Of course, but odd that he had barged in so early.

"You're lucky I'm awake. What do you need?" He glanced over his shoulder at his eagle companion at the mention of a private chat, "He's asleep no doubt, speak what you will, no one will overhear us here. Is something the matter?"
Amon
Team One-Eye

Words: 68449
Joined roleplay: May 30th, 2010, 10:52 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Fenilen on September 13th, 2010, 6:28 am

Fenilen nodded eagerly. "You see, ah, I really don't know how to explain this... I need to leave Wind Reach. I can't get out until next Summer on foot, so I need someone to get me off the mountain, and, well... You're the only one I feel I can trust," Fenilen said hurriedly, frowning at the end.

"Some personal things have hit me, and I realize I just can't stay here now. I was hoping you could help me. If you don't want to get in trouble, than you don't have to, but please don't tell anyone if you deny this request. I can't risk being caught, they'll kill me, o-o-o-or put me under watch to make sure I don't leave or something!" he was speaking in a sharp whisper, his eyes dancing worriedly, as if people were watching him.

He cursed quietly, sighing. "I guess you deserve a deeper explanation as to why I'm so worried, but we don't have time now. If you can help me, we'll have plenty of time to talk on the way, but if not, I'll try to find some other way out." His hurried speech was hardly even coherent.
Fenilen
Give Me Your Warmth!

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Amon on September 16th, 2010, 8:41 pm

Amon was about to laugh out loud at the boy. He was frightened, and of what? Wanting to leave?

"Plenty of people have left Wind Reach before, Fenilen. They won't put you to death for having your reasons. Now, I just need to know how long this trip will be and speak with it to Sakima. After all, it's his decision whether or not we'll take you. But as for myself, I see why not."

He turned to address the slumbering eagle, and gently rubbed his neck, whispering something to the enormous bird until he stirred, and lifted his grand head to fix a large orb on Fenilen. "What does he want that requires me beauty sleep to halt so abruptly," Snapped the Wind Eagle.

"He needs to leave Wind Reach, and apparently quickly, are you up for it, Saki?"

The eagle ruffled his feathers and stretched his expansive wings. It seemed to please him, thus when he spoke once more, his tone had lightened, "If we don't have to pick the scrawny boy up again, fine. I've been wanted a real challenge in flight for a while. But keep in mind, boy, we aren't a taxi."

Amon moved to attach the harness to Sakima, then motioned for Fenilen, "Get on, quickly."
Amon
Team One-Eye

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Fenilen on September 16th, 2010, 11:22 pm

"Then they need to remove that whole 'Mount Skyinara is sacred. To live elsewhere is unthinkable - for Wind Reach needs all its citizens to survive and thrive,' law. Tends to make people worry," Fenilen said simply, cracking his knuckles. His bowed as the eagle stared him down, remaining low for a few seconds before returning to his upright position.

"I wish to flee for Avanthal. I do not know how fast a Wind Eagle can fly, but I think we may need to stop overnight in Denval, unless you can span the Bay of Storms in one night," Fenilen then explained. He readjusted the bow slung over his back, the sword on his hip, and the backpack on his back, settling into the harness.

"Also, my sister knows I'm leaving, but... I need you to make sure she doesn't get into anything over her head. You don't have to watch her all the time, just... check in once in a while. Please. I don't know if I'll be back, a-and... I just don't want her to get hurt," Fenilen then said quietly, settling into the second seat on the harness. "Just don't let her do anything stupid."

"Gah, I'm sorry for thrusting all of this onto you so fast! It's just, I was sick, starting roughly a fortnight ago, and it got really bad, When I was sick... Priskil, I feel like she sent a message to me, like I need to help her. I can't help her from Wind Reach. I know it sounds crazy, Amon, and I don't expect you to believe me, but I can't describe what I saw in words!" Fenilen then stammered out.

Amon would indeed notice that Fenilen was seemingly insecure. Along with the stammering, there was the aforementioned darting eyes and quick gait. However, now that he was on the Eagle, his mannerisms seemed to calm a bit.
Fenilen
Give Me Your Warmth!

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Amon on September 29th, 2010, 2:39 am

“You’re over thinking it.” Amon replied curtly. He never did understand what made Inarta so afraid of travel. Yes, he himself felt wary at leaving his home for so long, but he always returned, always to open arms and friendly cheers. Fenilen leaving didn’t strike him as odd, he’d met plenty of Inarta who’d left the sanctity of Wind Reach on his travels overseas.

Sakima took off the second Fenilen was strapped into his seat, swerving through the low clouds overhead and off toward the northern regions of Taldera. He was determined to make it a damn quick flight. When the boy began to speak about himself and the reason he wished to leave, Amon remained quiet for a moment.

“I will look after your sister, you have my word.” His mention of Priskil was intriguing, but he didn’t pry any further. The rider felt Fenilen needed to keep it to himself.

The day grew longer as they flew, and only a handful of times had they made a pitstop, long after flying for many an hour. They made a quick camp, rested then were back in the air before dawn struck once more. Amon remained quiet for the majority of the flight, with his mind linked to Sakima’s focused on the drop off then the return home. This would definitely be the last taxi he’d ever do in a long while.

And then Avanthal came into view, a magnificent city streaked in dazzling lights, but Amon and Sakima approached no further than the outskirts. They landed and allowed Fenilen to slip off as he saw fit.

“Take care of yourself, Fenilen, don’t go getting yourself too over your head.”
Amon
Team One-Eye

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets