[The Great Bazaar]New beginings to a new life [Open]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Celina on October 10th, 2010, 3:28 pm

Walking through the Bazaar Celina went to have a look at some of the cool stuff that was around, she didn't intend to bu anything but thought she might have some fun and go looking around the market. It was a hot day and the Bazaar was crowded all the people towering over her, she sighed. It sucked being eight she thought. The odd person bumping into her every so often made her head hurt a little.

Finally entering a clearing Celina stood still for a moment, she felt slightly dizzy and needed to recouperate. After recovering to her normal self, Celina then spotted a naked woman, it shocked her a little. It was a crime to be naked and walking out in the streets, could she be one of those Kelvic women that te old man at the antique store was talking about?

Celina studied the figure, she was beautiful and tall with reddish brown hair and beautiful amber eyes, althought beautiful they seemed a little off. Almost unnatural. Then looking at the blonde woman Celina also studied her, she was now put in awe by this woman, her long blonde hair and like the other woman she had beautiful eyes and a tall figure. She couldn't put her finger on why she prefered the blonde woman, maybe it was because she was clothed? who knew. Another figure also stood with them, it was a man. Not nearly as attractive but maybe that was because of the mud he had all over his face which kind of made her giggle, he seemed to be flustered by the women in front of, what a suprise. What's with adults and that kind of thing anyway? why do they get so embarassed?

Suddenly Celina saw the pottery in the man's hand, she looked at it and then up at the man. He must have made it, she thought. That's the only reason she could think of as to why he would have mud all over his face. Hurridly Celina walked up next to the three figures. she liked making new friends. With her childish charm, Celina looked up at the dirty faced man with a sweet innocent and friendly smile then to the pot in his hand, she could tell it had alot of hard work put into although it was a little crooked and rough. "Did you make that, sir?" she asked curiously.
Celina
"Little One"

Words: 12714
Joined roleplay: October 3rd, 2010, 5:48 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Guido Faragas on October 16th, 2010, 10:15 am

Guido didn’t notice Celina arrive until she spoke and he turned to look down at the small girl. She was plainly dressed with long, flowing dark hair and blue eyes. Although the archaelogist was already surrounded by women, he couldn’t resist directing a broad smile at the little girl.

“No, I didn’t make this. I found it – in the ground. I dig for old things. Would you like to look at it?” He extended his palm towards Celina to give her a closer view. “i found it in the woods outside the city. Someone dropped it a long time ago. They probably used it for food or cooking.”

“I’m Guido. Are you here alone, or are your parents close by?” He spoke in a friendly and pleasant fashion, trying to put the girl at her ease.

Back on the boards after a nasty virus laid me low...should be posting again soon.
Guido Faragas
In Disequilibrium

Words: 114496
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2009, 7:50 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Celina on October 17th, 2010, 9:08 am

The man gave Celina smiled and explained he didn't make it, the case was he actually found it. She listened intently and nodded, his tone was friendly.

He introduced himself then asked the question all adults usually asked her. "I'm Alone, the name's Celina" she replied casually, as if it weren't anything out of the ordinary.

Taking a closer look at the pot and it's dull decoration, feeling the rough edges Celina inspected it's value "You won't get much for that here, Guido. If your lucky maybe a miza or two. I wouldn't say any more than that, for a first if you want to sell something I suggest you wash it off, as well as washing your face. Buyers like to be able to see your expression when haggling" Celina had been on her own for a while and had gotten used to the market.
Celina
"Little One"

Character sheet

Postby Guido Faragas on October 18th, 2010, 6:04 pm

Guido let out a chuckle as he listened to Celina. “Well, I am very pleased to meet you Celina, particularly as you are such an expert on this market. I think you are right about this pot, it is worth very little.” He raised a hand to his face, attempting to wipe off the dirt. “I am afraid I took a little tumble. That is why my face is so dirty. I normally have an unblemished complexion.”

The youth’s eyes twinkled, the emerald orbs glinting in the sunlight. “So, why are you wandering the market on your own? Are you looking for something in particular, or just exploring?” As he spoke, he notice a little commotion a few paces away – two young boys appeared to be fighting playfully. He shrugged and turned his attention back to the little girl.

Back on the boards after a nasty virus laid me low...should be posting again soon.
Guido Faragas
In Disequilibrium

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Celina on October 18th, 2010, 9:37 pm

Celina was still looking at the pottery and inspecting it then up at his face as he tried to wipe the dirt, it made her giggle "I'm sure you do, but you look like one of those guys who has just come out of the bush with a woman." she looked at the beautiful figures standing close to them with a suspicious look then back at Guido with raised a eyebrow, maybe that is what happened?

As the man spoke she noticed he got destracted by something. Celina turned to look to see two boys fighting playfully, boys! she thought to herself so immature, then turning her attention back to Guido "I got bored and wanted to see the artifacts around and admire the artwork. There is really no particular reason, i'll help the shops out now and then if they ask for it but they rarely do so it gets a bit dull"
Celina
"Little One"

Character sheet

Postby Naledi on October 20th, 2010, 5:20 pm

The Kelvic stood awkwardly, unsure what to do. She didn't want to go home yet. Despite the general bustle of her surroundings and the claustrophobic roof, she found her senses swept up in a dazzling whirlwind of colour, sound, scent and sensation. Her muscles were still coiled and her stance tense, but her mind was in every corner, experiencing every motion, joining in every conversation, revelling in the overload the bazaar offered her.

"...but you look like one of those guys who has just come out of the bush with a woman."

The Kelvic started out of her trance and meekly addressed the young girl who had spoken. "N-no, he and I are not acquainted." She offered a weak smile to the man, vaguely remembering that smiles were friendly and the social convention would be to muster one up. "I didn't mean to eavesdrop, but I heard you to be Guido." That being said, she completely forgot that generally one would offer one's name in return. She wasn't good at remembering her name.

She knelt to the girl's eye level. The Kelvic liked children and this courageous young girl was no exception. "You're Celina, am I right?" she asked, managing another smile. "You seem to be an expert on this market. Tell me, is there anywhere that offers some sort of job? I'm in need of some gold, and your expertise would be greatly appreciated."
Naledi
Beyond the point of no return...

Words: 25297
Joined roleplay: April 26th, 2010, 7:15 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Celina on October 20th, 2010, 9:48 pm

The woman next to them finally moved from some sort of trance she was in, reacting to Celina's comment. Celina couldn't help but smile cheekily when the naked woman stuttered as she said they are not aquainted, Celina observered the woman's smile. She was beautiful, no doubt about it but the smile was awkward. The boys who were fighting in the background had now run away, finally it quietened a little.

Celina wondered where the woman was from, she certainly didn't look like she was from syrilias, heh. She probably comes from a place where it's custom not to have clothing, wait a minute. She knows my name but what's hers?

She watched as the woman knelt down next to her and smiled. Something about it kinda creeped Celina out which with alot of effort she managed not to show. With a raised eyebrow at the woman's question Celina then smiled back "Yes you were right. Well for a first lady, you need to get dressed. Talking to this man with the mud on his face and your....appearence. anybody would think you were in a bush together." she paused for a moment and thought about the proposal for jobs "Well... people out here mainly gather items and sell them like good old Guido here" she pointed at Guido with a small finger, she was glad to be recognised by people "I wouldn't say i'm an expert I have alot to learn and I would like to learn as many skills as I can. If you want a job I suggest you just talk to people and ask I havn't really been to look for one myself."

Celina's voice lowered a little she looked into the woman's feral eyes then down at the ground with a frown and whispered softly so the gaurds wouldn't hear remebering her parents Celina's heart was almost torn out "Don't tell anybody but..." a single tear fell down Celina's small innocent cheek "My parents are dead...and nobody will accept an eight year old into a job and I don't want to go to the orphanage"

(OOC: you need to talk to a mod if you want a job chick xx)
Celina
"Little One"

Character sheet

Postby Guido Faragas on October 21st, 2010, 10:06 am

Once again, the small girl made Guido laugh – this time with her comment concerning “coming out of a bush with a woman.” He was about to reply when the red-headed woman suddenly awoke from her reverie and bent down to speak to the girl. Strangely, as he listened to their conversation, it became clear that Celina appeared to be the more street wise of the two ...interesting...

“I think that Celina is right,” he said to the red-head. “Perhaps, you ought to acquire more suitable attire before you look for a job. Then, you might try the Welcome Centre and Employment Office just inside the main gates. They might be able to help you out – or if you have specific ...er...talents.” He blushed a little. “You could always try some of the businesses in the city or perhaps the local taverns. I earn a few coins telling stories in the taverns, for example. Did you have any particular job in mind?”

The young reimancer listened to Celina’s account of her parent’s death with sadness. “Why don’t you want to go to the orphanage? You would find many friends at the Welcome Home. I know the fellow who runs it quite well – I’m sure he would welcome you.” He thought of Stitch and his adventure with the blindman in the labyrinth and let a brief smile run across his closed lips.

Guido Faragas
In Disequilibrium

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Naledi on October 21st, 2010, 6:23 pm

[OOC: I'm aware, and I plan to contact a mod later, but the question was just for conversational purposes.]

The Kelvic took Celina's advice to 'get dressed' in her stride, not bothering to point out that was why she needed a job in the first place, and nodded to Guido, acknowledging his input. The market was huge and she would gladly accept any advice, but in truth the girl's words didn't help her at all. Guido's helped her more. She rose from her crouch with animal fluidity, crossing her arms across her stomach. From what she knew of body language, Guido was in a friendly place at the moment... but how long would that last? The redhead had learned the hard way not to put too much faith in that kind of thing. Emotions could change like the weather, snap like fire, or soften like rain.
She turned her inscrutable gaze on Guido. "Thank you," she said, almost forgetting to be polite at all. "I don't have any specific talents... well, none that would earn me a job, anyway," she said quietly, humbly, contemplating her morphing ability. There weren't very many ways to apply it to a job situation. "I heard you're an archaeologist. It must be fascinating, to see how people lived so long ago, and unearth the artefacts lost in time." Time interested her. She had so little of it compared to other races.
The Kelvic's gaze swept over Celina and she noticed a tear making a path down the girl's cheek. She stood awkwardly, unsure what to do. She had forgotten how to respond to sadness, or any emotion shown by others. She only felt one thing: a need to serve Skylar. Any other emotion was rendered pointless by that driving desire. Emotions seemed alien to her, and she stared dispassionately at Celina. The girl was her elder by a number of years, yet the Kelvic was the more mature one. Time was already taking its toll.
She felt she should do something to comfort Celina. She had had parents. Her life hadn't been difficult. She had no way of connecting with the young girl before her, so she continued to hover awkwardly, her business finished, unsure what to do now that she had no reason for being here.
Naledi
Beyond the point of no return...

Words: 25297
Joined roleplay: April 26th, 2010, 7:15 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Celina on October 21st, 2010, 7:14 pm

Wiping the tear from her face Celina recovered herself the woman was looking at her with a more sceptical look than anything which bugged her a little, Celina shot her a curious look then gave her a fake smile "I'm sorry I wasn't much use to you, I guess it's kind of clear i'm a bit of an idiot when it comes to employment" the woman looking clueless and clearly not wanting to be here, picking up on this Celina commented on it. "You don't have to stay and chat if you don't want to, it's obvious you're uncomfortable." she thought about it for a second the woman didn't seem to respond to anything to the point where she scared Celina "You know what, you know loads about us from listening to our conversation but you've said nothing about yourself. Isn't that kinda rude?" it was a rhetorical questions, not waiting for a reply Celina turned her attention to Guido.

She considered his question with a frown drawing across her face and chose her words carefully "In the orphanage it is crowded. Yes you will be looked after, but you will also be looked down upon by others." Celina paused for a second and looked into Guido's eyes with an aspect of fear "Also it's rare but children can be bought by criminals and god knows what happens to them once out of this city. I personally don't want to have to trust somebody else to know what's best for me"
Celina
"Little One"

Character sheet

PreviousNext