Closed A Path is Crossed (Dolce)

A cafe and two kelvics.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

A Path is Crossed (Dolce)

Postby Redd on June 12th, 2014, 3:27 am

Day 12, Summer, 514 AV

Redd had decided to go out, to observe Ravok once more. She had to, no she needed to observe human activity in order to understand, to even begin to try and fit in. Her master had said that, in order to survive she had to become part of the pack. She had become apart of her last pack by observing and mimicking. She had made a couple of wrong assumptions and was gently nipped because of it, but she had learned, eventually.

Today, Redd was located at the back of the Cafe Fleurs, wearing the usual black shirt, black pair of pants, her black cloak and the red scarf wrapped around her neck to cover the leather collar. She preferred to be seated outside where nature seemed to envelope her and she was comfortable enough to observe the people that had taken to seating themselves at a table to eat and enjoy a cup of some sort of liquid. The food didn't seem all that appetizing either.

It was the canopy of intertwined vines that seemed to amaze her the most, she hadn't seen anything like this while she had been out in the wilds. It marveled her how they might have grown such things, it was like something that covered the window to their room. A... She frown as she tried to remember the word. A curtain!

A smile curved her lips as she leaned back into her chair, resting the palms of her hands upon the table that she was seated at. She had the table all to herself, because she didn't want to seat herself at someone else's table. She wasn't exactly sure whether you had to know them first before approaching.

Human interaction confused Redd a great deal, but she was slowly getting it. The half black sun tattooed upon the back of her hand made sure that no one really touched her, or talked to her. Especially those that didn't have one of their own. Those that did, rarely talked or were busy of some kind.

She lifted her right hand so then her fingers could gently trace the half black sun there upon there, a gentle smile curving her lips. The tattoo only served to remind her that it was her Master Elias's mark, her alpha's mark. She wasn't ashamed of it, in fact she didn't understand why Vayl had seemed to pity her when he saw it.

While most wolves didn't carry a mark of their alpha's in a pack, it seemed that humans did. It served as a reminder that her master was protecting her in a way and some day, she hoped to do the same.

As a sigh settled upon her lips, her hazel hues flickered upwards to view the canopy of vines, her nose taking in the many scents surrounding her. It would take her ages to identify what they were without any help. One day, she would be able to read, this was something she was determined to learn, that way she wouldn't have to keep asking her master what some things were.

Redd
The One-Eyed Wolf

Words: 425591
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2014, 1:29 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Dolce on June 12th, 2014, 4:06 am

Dolce now able to travel freely with her collar was out and about happy to feel the sun. Vayl was sleeping when she had left, leaving a feather embedded in his hair. A simple action that meant something between the two. When ever she left the house before he woke up she did this. If someone had taken her the last thing they'd think to do is put a feather in the male Symenestra's hair. It was a particular feather, she used one of of the black quill-like feathers that adorned her bird form's head. Much like hair covered her human head.

She wanted to go somewhere she rarely went with her Master as he couldn't partake of the food and Dolce felt guilty eating in front of him. She wished she could take home some puddings and surprise him. He could eat soup so, could he eat puddings? She was afraid to bring one home just to find he couldn't. It would break her heart as she knew he'd still try to eat it and make himself sick. Shaking her head she put all thoughts of that nature from her head.

She strolled up to the cafe and politely took a menu and went outside to find a seat. She walked past tables of ladies gossiping about this and that. It was a girl's dream. She smiled happily until a person caught her sight. Redd? What was she doing here. As far as places she'd expect to find her this was way toward the bottom. Their first meeting had been...Beyond horrible.
But maybe now in this place, they could try again.

Dolce gathered her courage and politely walked over to Redd's table. Redd seemed to be occupied with the vines growing. "Excuse me, is this seat taken?" She asked politely and held her breath.
Dolce
The Caged Bird Sings

Words: 32334
Joined roleplay: May 26th, 2014, 3:32 am
Character sheet

Postby Redd on June 12th, 2014, 5:03 am

Redd had indeed been occupied in watching the vines above as if she could decipher how the humans had managed to grow something that could be wild, in the shape that they had wanted. The sounds of footsteps had been something so common to hear in such a place that she had not noticed the woman until her scent and her spoken words caught her attention. "Excuse me, is this seat taken?"

Taking her hazel hues from the sight of the vines above, she glanced towards the woman, or should she say kelvic? The young wolf did know what her name was, however it had been discovered through Vayl, who had mentioned that this new kelvic in his life was now more important to him than herself, a memory which she did not want to review.

She glanced over the woman whose name was Dolce and her dark hair and green eyes were exactly the same as she remembered, except she was now wearing a collar of her own. Hm, it was either Vayl did not trust her yet, or there was a reason behind it. Lifting her right hand, she mimicked what she had seen a human do before, indicating in a silent gesture, that the chair was indeed free.

This kelvic might be able to answer some questions that she had been thinking about, she seemed to know a lot more than she let on, but didn't everyone? Redd was just as curious in human form as she was in wolf form. So she could sit in someone's company for a time, if only to exchange information.

"Funny seeing you here," She said softly as her gaze drifted to view the humans once more as they seem to continue speaking in their own little groups. It was like they had their own pack within a large pack. Like a pack divided into smaller packs.

Last edited by Redd on June 17th, 2014, 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Redd
The One-Eyed Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Postby Dolce on June 12th, 2014, 5:55 am

Dolce smiled and took her seat placing the menu on the table. "I thought the same thing seeing you here. I didn't know you had a sweet tooth. I like the sweets they serve here. I can't really bring Master Vayl here without feeling guilty that he can't really eat anything here without getting sick. Even if I bring him something he can't eat, he'll still try... But I've begun to wonder if he might be able to eat some of the puddings they sell here."

"Also, I'd like to apologize for the other day. It seems we both were having a bad day. I'd like to think we could get along and be friends to some point, if you're okay with that. Ah, in wolf terms something like close packmates. See all the women chatting at their tables? Those are social circles. It's how humans spread information to the people closest to them. Kelvics don't really get to have circles here in Ravok. I once was slave to a family with connections. I know all about humans and their social parties and such." She messed with her hair unhappy with how it fell today. "Your hair looks nice today. Did you do anything to it?"

Dolce noticed Redd hadn't ordered anything. "Aren't you going to order anything Redd? No teas, cakes, or puddings? They have whole meals here, too. Go ahead my treat! Pick something or things. Hey, I'll pay for you to take a sweet back to your master. What was his name again I remember it started with an E." She passed Redd the menu of dainty sweets and teas.
Dolce
The Caged Bird Sings

Character sheet

Postby Redd on June 12th, 2014, 9:45 am

Redd listened to the other woman as she began to talk a great deal, why people felt the need to talk a lot the young wolf would never understand. It was something she had observed the humans do in their little social circles. Huh, she actually used a term that Dolce spoke of.

Slowly, she lifted a hand to gently pat her hair, it was considered nice? "My hair? I don't really do much with it really, I guess that's just how it falls or I never really paid attention to it."

Was she going to order anything? Suddenly the menu was within her hands and she blinked, looking at it for a moment with her hazel hues before she looked to Dolce. "I cannot read and... I don't really like anything that isn't meat."

Slowly, she dropped the menu to the table, sliding it back over to the other woman. "Look, you said something that I don't really understood when we last met and I... Wanted to know what it meant. You said that you and Vayl were bondmates, what does that mean?

Redd
The One-Eyed Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Postby Dolce on June 12th, 2014, 9:28 pm

Dolce giggle kindheartedly, "Yes, your hair is very nice. You know some human women pay to have their hair dyed the same color as yours. Plus your hair doesn't lay too flat." She discreetly pointed out a very flat haired woman a few tables down. "That's the opposite of what you want."

"One can't simply live on meat you're a human girl at this moment. But let's see if they have anything with meat..." Dolce picked up the menu scanning it. "Aha! Found just the thing!" She smiled at Redd before flagging down a waitress who eyed the two Kelvics in such a way that Dolce thought she must be thinking, Oh, how cute their master let them go out for the day as a treat! "What can I get you girls today?"

"Yes Ma'am, a cup of Wild Mint Tea and a Meat Lover's Sandwich for my friend here and for me...A cup of the Spicy Pumpkin blend and a Fish and Mayo Sandwich. That should do it for now. May I keep the menu with me? I'm still picking a dessert. Thank you for taking our order Ma'am." She gave the waitress a large smile.

"A sandwich full of meat. Will that work for you Redd? It was the meatiest thing on the menu..." Dolce leaned closer, "Now remember when it comes, you're a lady... Take small bites and be sure to chew. You might not know this, but how we act in public says a lot about our masters. How well we've been taught and how well our master treats us. Oh and the tea will be hot so blow on it a little and take sips until it cools. If it's too strong you can add cream or sugar to make it lighter or sweeter."

"Bondmates? You really don't know much about what you are. Kelvic were made by a man, we're not a natural occurring race. To make a long and complex story short and understandable. This man made Kelvics servants, always looking for a master to please. He gave us animal forms he made wolves for protection and guards down to mice to be used as Spies and information gatherers. Kelvics bond to one person at a time, but losing a bond has drove many Kelvic to madness. We mentally and sometime physically are attached to a certain person. It's mutual between the two, and the bonds differ person to person. You could be someone's daughter, sister, a mother figure to a child,or a lover. The one you are bonded to is called your bondmate."
Dolce
The Caged Bird Sings

Character sheet

Postby Redd on June 12th, 2014, 10:06 pm

A lady? She simply blinked at Dolce as she began to talk about taking small bites and gently blowing upon hot tea and a sigh settled upon Redd's lips. She was feeling more and more like a beast than human. Who was she kidding, she was a beast, one that wanted a leg of a buck and not having to worry about this social norm. She had to admit, she was struggling a little bit.

As Dolce began to talk more and more about bond-mates, she slid deeper and deeper into the chair that she was seated upon. "From what you describe as a bond-mate, I once had that with Vayl and if it wasn't for Elias, I wouldn't be here any more." Was that so bad? She would be a beast and would be showing all of human kind the real her. After all she had once eaten their dead.

Another sigh settled upon her lips as she looked away from all that was considered human and kelvic. "Can I tell you something Dolce? I don't feel as if I will ever connect with anything. Sometimes I wish Vayl had just left me outside of Ravok, to die like I should have, a beast and nothing more."

Straightening within her chair she glanced around their table, making sure that no one appeared to be listening. "Vayl was right when he said that no one could help me. Master Elias treats me... Differently, like I'm a beast and I don't blame him I guess, after all, I had sunk my teeth into the wrist of a slaver's the night that he had placed a collar around my neck." She glanced away from Dolce as her shoulders sloped and her gaze looked towards a point no where in particular. "I know it's different, because I've seen the way he interacts with others."

Redd lifted her gaze to view the vines above, anywhere except at Dolce, "Sometimes I feel like I'm that young pup that had left Nyka three years ago. A lone wolf I was and I feel it even now. Don't get me wrong, Master Elias is just like an alpha. Understanding, caring, a teacher and a leader. However, when I was in the wolf pack, at least we would sleep close to one another and occasionally rub furs in friendly greetings and share our kills. He is just busy, is all. Like Vayl, I guess except Master Elias is busy with his magical things."

Last edited by Redd on June 13th, 2014, 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Redd
The One-Eyed Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Postby Dolce on June 13th, 2014, 12:00 am

Their food came and the waitress gave them a smile, "Here you go girls. Enjoy."
Dolce smiled happily back, "Oh why thank you Ma'am! It looks delicious!" With that the waitress nodded and left them to eat.

Dolce's face showed understanding for what Redd said, "Redd in a way you've lived in a completely different world. This city is going to be hard to adapt to it's a whole new way of living and that can be stressful. As for a bondmate, I'm going to be five and I just found mine. When your bonding to someone, you'll know. Just give it time, Redd."

Dolce thought for a moment taking a bite of her sandwich, "Maybe your master is giving you your space. He knows this adjustment is going to be hard. If it really is bothering you talk to him about it. Tell him it's important."

She smiled, "Humans hug one another that's sort of like what the wolves do with rubbing fur. If you want a hug all you had to do is ask, and this." She gestured to the food on the table, "This is a human way of sharing one's kill. Redd, you know I'm a bird but, I'm a predator animal too. I understand a lot of what you're saying."

"Members of a pack have fights once in awhile, right? Maybe then you could consider me a sister in your pack. I'm always ready to talk."

"Now let's get to eating! There's plenty of meat piled on your sandwich!" Dolce gave Redd a grin.
Dolce
The Caged Bird Sings

Character sheet

Postby Redd on June 13th, 2014, 12:43 am

Redd watched with calculating hazel hues, taking note of the way the other kelvic picked up this to called sandwich and bit into it with a small bite. Small bite? They only used small bites? They have a whole mouth and they don't even use it to just... Taking a deep breath she took a moment to still her thoughts, listening to Dolce.

She made some sense in a way. Humans did seem to eat food like this all the time, but where did the kill come from? Did they have it stored away behind the building? Wait, weren't they already behind the building? So where did they keep the fresh kill?

She lifted a hand to gently poke at the sandwich, it didn't seem to be bleeding, wasn't it supposed to be a meat sandwich? These things are so confusing. As for all of the hugs and talking ideas, it didn't seem like something Master Elias would do. Not unless he had to teach her something and when he taught her something, it rarely involved him touching her.

She picked up the sandwich within her hands, trying to mimic the way Dolce had seemed to pick it up. She had made it look so easy when she had did it. Slowly, Redd took a bite, a small bite, having to refrain from just chomping down upon it.

Chewing for a tick, her facial features screwed up and she almost spat it out, instead, she forced herself to swallow. It tasted so weird that she almost wanted to toss it aside, however, instinct told her to not waste any food. So, she began to force it down her throat in those small bites. Pausing to chew in between bites, just has she had seen Dolce do.

Well at least it wasn't a corpse, she told herself as she leaned back into her chair after she had finished the sandwich. "Well, I suppose it was ok, for human food. At least it wasn't a corpse. How do they get their fresh kills and why is there no blood? Plus, the white squishy stuff tasted a little funny, what do you call it because it most definitely did not taste like meat."

Redd
The One-Eyed Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Postby Dolce on June 13th, 2014, 6:43 am

"Human hunters bring the meat in where it's butchered and passed to the shops. It's cooked, that's why it's not bleeding. Humans can't eat raw meat, they can get a multitude of sicknesses from it. I'm sorry, but that's the way it works. The white squishy stuff is called bread, it's a staple in human diets mostly made from flour from ground up wheats." Dolce informed her and continued on.

"Humans can't just live on meat their diet is much more complex they need vegetables and fruits. Speaking of fruits let's get desserts. Most human sweets are made with fruit like berries. I'm sure you've eaten loads of wild berries." She picked up the menu again, "How was the tea, it was wild mint another thing I figured you'd had. Just not in tea form. Would you rather try a tart, a pie or a pudding? They come in blueberry, raspberry, and blackberry. Also like I promised I'll let you take something home for your master. What do you think he'd like?" She smiled.

"As for your eating behavior here today. I think you'd of made your master extremely proud. Had I not known better, I'd swear you came here to eat regularly. You fit in perfectly! See? you just need little wins to help reach the goal. A wolf pup doesn't go hunt huge prey right away, the older wolves set them up with smaller things, right? Every time you succeed in going out and blending in that's your small catch. Enough small ones will get you to that big one. I don't know if I've made any sense with that but, I tried." Dolce said laughing at herself. She was honestly trying her best to explain things in a way Redd might better understand.
Dolce
The Caged Bird Sings

Character sheet

Next