Walking On Doorsteps

A pitstop has been made for the evening, how does the night end for out exhausted travelers?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Walking On Doorsteps

Postby Ricky Maze on September 25th, 2014, 8:09 pm

Telion's face looked a bit more concerned at the amount of time given, seeing as how it could take about eight bells just to finally arrive within the city. But to hear that travel with horses and even a cart could be faster, her concern lightened only just a little as she still hoped her husband had a chance. Ricky himself could at least grin a little at the sound of the good news, after tonight they wouldn't have much longer to wait after all. Really the only question was whether or not he could make it up there after tonight, but seeing as how they had come this far and were so close already, he was willing to try and push himself just a little further. "That's good to hear, thank you me sir." She said respectively in appreciation.

Of course when Balian mentioned that there was a general shop around here that sold medicine, Telion couldn't help but perk up just a little with a new found hope. Surely they didn't have much of anything that would cure an illness like this, but they no doubt had to have something that would bring just enough ease for her dear husband. At least for several bells of the night seeing as how he needed food and rest, and his illness seemed to be making both of those impossible to obtain at the moment. Alas he wasn't in any position to move anywhere really, his legs were far to exhausted and further movements seemed... less likely without aid. It seemed as though this illness had in fact started to take its toll. But not yet. "Is there really something that could possibly help? That'd be... oh that'd be so wonderful right now." There was a sense of hope in her eyes, and Ricky couldn't help but chuckle a little as he thought she sounded like she found the cure already.

"Mr. Balian sir, if it's not too much to ask could you... run to this store for me? I'd go look myself but I'd rather not leave my husband alone." She finally began to request as Ricky buried his hands into his arms on the table, were he more able to refuse he would've stopped the request first hand, but at this rate he hadn't even the strength to utter the simple word no. She wasn't going to simply ask him to go alone, nor expect a case of charity from the man of course. "If you'd like I can see our other traveling partner comes along, and I can lend you whatever funds you should need. We only need some sort of salve or tonic, or maybe even an herb Ricky can drink that would reduce his headaches. Would you? Please?" She had offered to provide what little she can, all that was left was for Balian to decide whether or not he was up to the task.

Would he accept this chance to help a couple out? Or would he turn them down?

Secret :
So I'm pretty much going to assume that Acinonyx just walked out on us or something, and now to the important part!

Side Quest Time!
Balian has been presented with the first official quest/favor from Ricky. :) Details can be found in the link provided, should he accept the quest IC and wish it Telion will provide the currency he needs plus the extra companion to follow along with him.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Walking On Doorsteps

Postby Balian Martell on October 8th, 2014, 2:55 pm

Your Words I My Words I My Thoughts

The woman was clearly pleased at the mention of the shop, no doubt hoping that there was something there that could hopefully help her husband. For his part, Balian felt glad that he was able to help out however he could, even if it was small. However her next request caught him off guard. “M…Me?” He had not expected to be asked to the store himself; he thought that most likely she would do it herself, or send one of their companions… but her reasoning made sense, and she also probably would have gotten lost trying to get there; Mythrin isn’t very large, but for someone who has never been here before might find it difficult to navigate.

Once he recovered his wits, Balian smiled at the couple, raising his left arm to scratch the back of his head. “That would be no probl’m, ma’am. An’ there is no need to give me coin, I’m sure you’ll need it once ye get t’ a proper healer, tho, I would’t mind some compn’y.”. The shop wasn’t expensive by any means, and he knew the shopkeepers relatively well, having grown up at the outpost. Besides, he was glad to help the couple however he could.

“If ye don’t mind me askin’, what exactly ails your husband? So I know what sort of medicine to get.” Balian looked at the man, who still hasn’t spoken. He did indeed look to be ill, maybe too ill to even make it to the stronghold. The concern in his wife’s voice only added to the appearance.

NoteSorry for the short reply, could't seem to stretch it out. But hey! the first Quest has been accepted!"
To hunt, you need to know your prey just as well as you know yourself
a
Balians Wilderness Journal
Balian Martell
The young hunter

Words: 113544
Joined roleplay: November 12th, 2013, 2:35 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Walking On Doorsteps

Postby Ricky Maze on October 11th, 2014, 6:14 am

Quest Accepted! :
Balian has accepted the quest and in turn will have an NPC accompanying him. He is to use the clues that can be provided to determine the best tonic to give Ricky at least some rest and energy for his trip tomorrow, once the tonic has been given the quest will end and Balian will receive the benefits of the rewards the quest has to offer.

Telion's face seemed to lit up with joy when he seemed to agree to help out and accept her request, a gracious nod of appreciation followed as she thanked him as softly as possible. "Oh thank you! You're by far too kind, I'll go and let our partner know that she's to keep an eye on Ricky while we're away." She wasn't sure if it'd surprise Balian that she would be the one to come along, but seeing as how Ricky wasn't one to object the idea she felt it best to tag along with the hero of the bell that decided to accept her request. The woman bent over to speak softly in Ricky's ear so that her tone wouldn't cause further pain to his headache, but it still remained high enough for their new friend to hear. "Tell him all the symptoms you feel darlin, I'll be right back to bring Hannah out so she can watch over you. By then we can see about bringing you a tonic that'll ease some of the pain." She instructed with an affectionate hand rubbed on his back, the fisherman nodded only once as he finally turned a bit to angle his front. Just enough to where he could face and look into Balian's eyes, while Telion went further into the inn to retrieve their other travel companion.

"Words can't express 'ow appreciative Oi'll be if ye bring me somet'in dat'll 'elp." He murmured with gratitude even if he seemed unable to express it so. "Somet'in dat'll cure or ease a strong migraine would work, maybe even give a bit o' energy too. Oi can't tell ya 'ow petchin' tired Oi am roi now, an' if it happens t' ease de neck muscles... all de better. Dat's about it really, whatever ye t'ink'll work for dat, Oi'll be glad t' accept." His eyes shot down to the floor as he finished, the wound in his pride a little obvious, seeing as how he wasn't in any position to refuse such a small form of aid. Telion returned with a red haired woman that could only be their other traveling companion, as Hannah went to take a seat on the other side of Ricky while she watched Balian with interest in her eyes.

"Well now, he looks adorable." She grinned a little impishly with a wink to Ricky, just before she turned her attention to Telion next. "Don't take too long now, can't have your husband killin over when we're on Syliras' doorstep."

"Right." Telion said with a nervous chuckle before she looked to Balion in turn. "Shall we?" She gave the notion for him to lead the way then, as she would follow him to the general store with hope that there would be such a tonic to ease his pain.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Walking On Doorsteps

Postby Balian Martell on November 4th, 2014, 9:38 pm

As soon as he accepted the request, the man’s wife was a flurry of activity. She seemed genuinely grateful that he had agreed to help them, and it showed as she voiced that gratitude. Balian could do nothing more than sheepishly nod, mumbling a quiet “No need to worry about it.” When she stated that it would be her that would accompany him, he was somewhat surprised. However after a few ticks of thought Balian realized that it made sense, given how she would know the exact nature of her husband’s ailments. She spoke to her husband softly, yet he was still able to hear most of her words, reassuring him that they will bring something back to ease his pain. Just as quickly as she got up, she left the table to go look for their other traveling companion.

For the first time, Balian was left alone with the man, who up until this point had not said a word, at least not that Balian had heard. He was startled then, when he heard him speak. "Words can't express 'ow appreciative Oi'll be if ye bring me somet'in dat'll 'elp." His words were mumbled, as if it took him a great deal of effort to speak them. Unsure of what to say, the young squire simply stood there and tried to discern the words the man was speaking. It was bad enough that he spoke in almost a whisper, but his accent made it even harder to understand what he did hear. He began to wonder where he was from, to have such a strong accent, and how long it must have taken to get there….

“Dat's about it really, whatever ye t'ink'll work for dat, Oi'll be glad t' accept.” His final words had caught Balian by surprise. Quickly he realized that his mind had wondered and he had missed most of what the man had said. Something about a headache, and energy was all he could recall. His face flushed slightly in embarrassment as he was about to ask the man to repeat himself, which would undoubtedly cause him more pain. Ovek, the god of luck must have been smiling that day however, as when he was about to ask the man to start over, his wife and a new companion arrived, saving Balian from having to admit to his lapse in focus and causing the man further discomfort. And besides, he was sure his wife new what ailed him! He could just ask her for the specifics.

“Well now, he looks adorable.” The statement caused Balians to flush just a tad more, which he hopes to hide by bowing slightly at the new arrival. He waited for the trio to finish their business before taking his leave of the man and his companion, bowing to them and saying that he would return with the medicine. Once Lady Talion was ready, they headed out, with Balian leading towards the western wall where he knew their destination lay.

Balian Martell
a
Balian Martell
The young hunter

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Walking On Doorsteps

Postby Ricky Maze on November 6th, 2014, 7:07 am

"Lead the way then." Telion allowed respectively as she followed along after him out the door, she gave a glance over her shoulder to Ricky and Hannah as they remained where they were, watchful as they would be patient for her return in a short while. When she was out the door Ricky would bury his head into his arms on the table, while Hannah would pat him on the back as she kept an eye on him in Telion's absence. The trip outside had been one Telion hadn't quite expected to take and with the transition to night already passed, the Mithryn Outpost looked moderately lit up as she followed Balian along towards the western side of the establishment. "So you work as a squire then? You must be working to become a knight." She assumed after the inquiry followed, as she walked next to him in an eager fashion.

She kept up with him with a couple of feet between the both of them to provide personal space, while at the same time kept close enough to where she felt comfortably enough to consider herself safe in his presence. "Ricky's job is kinda similar, though I can't imagine its as strict. Still being part of the city guard has been tough for him, and although he's eager to get back, I can't say I'm ready to see him to resume his duties." She admitted rather sheepishly with a twiddle of her fingers. "Its what he loves to do though, so either way the best I can do is support his decision really." She added with a shrug to follow in turn, a sigh contained as she kept an unchanged expression on the matter. Telion then looked around at her environment while the two continued to walk, a bit of sudden curiosity found in her features as her eyes darted from place to place.

"This is an interestin' place now that I think about it. I wonder how life here in these walls is, since the only thing around Zeltiva is mountains and oceans." She then looked over to Balian with a soft smile on her face, as they were probably near the shop he mentioned by now. "Did you happen to live here? Or you just know the place well because you visit often?" While the conversation would continue they would finally come to arrive at the front door of the shop, Balian being the one to take the lead while Telion would continue to follow him inside. While they would enter she would seem a bit more quieter as though her mind were on something else at the moment, her right hand up to her chest as she fumbled around with a necklace that had a glass shaped feather found on it. The shop in turn looked dimly lit as they began to browse around, the blonde woman curious to see what other goods and essentials they sold before they'd reach the tonics.

When Balian felt ready to move along with the task all he would need to do is address Telion, and then the two could check into buying whatever tonic he found suitable to help out Ricky's condition some.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Walking On Doorsteps

Postby Balian Martell on December 2nd, 2014, 3:12 am

As the two headed out of the tavern and into the streets of the outpost, a somewhat awkward silence feel upon them. It was more on Balian, as he was unsure of what to say, and was grateful when Telion broke the silence, “So you work as a squire then? You must be working to become a knight." The question, and the comment that followed caught him offguard. He had not expected a stranger to be so direct in her conversations, however it was more his own misgivings than her directness that caused the discomfort, after a moment’s pause, he answered. “Yes…it is a family tradition, to join the ranks of the order.” He hoped that his hesitation did not leak into his tone. After all the tradition was the only reason he had joined the Knights in the first place. The lady did not seem to notice however, and she took his answer in stride, continuing the conversation.

She spoke of her husbands duties as a city guard, back where ever they were from, and Balian was content with letting her do the talking, speaking only to answer any questions or to comment on something that she had just said. He told her of how he had grown up at the outpost, and so was familiar with most of the surroundings, both within and without the walls that protected them. Throughout their discourse, he discovered that they were from Zeltiva, a coastal city that Balian knew only a little about. Before long they arrived at their destination, as the outpost itself was not that large.

As they entered the shop Balian looked around, looking for one of the two shop keeps. Seeing none, he assumed that they were in the back and would be out momentarily. He turned to Telion and spoke “So what sort o’tonic are you looking for? They won’t have nothing special, save some few basic ones here.”

Balian Martell
a
Balian Martell
The young hunter

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Walking On Doorsteps

Postby Ricky Maze on April 14th, 2015, 5:16 am

Upon hearing that it had actually been a tradition Telion seemed rather intrigued, her expression definitely that of wonder as she started to compare differences in Syliran and Zeltivan tradition. Usually the Wave Guard had been composed of fisherman and other locals brave enough to don the suit, as they were pretty much only the city watch and nothing more than that. Syliras had a considerable army at their disposable if one were to think about it, which by then if one wanted to find technicality then it would lie in Zeltiva's actual navy; and that was a different story. "Interestin' then." She noted as they reached the shop and entered to browse the wares, Balian had then decided to ask what sort of tonic they needed. She took a breath in like she were about to speak, but withheld it almost immediately after as a thought crossed her mind. The question did bring an interesting matter and his statement of there being only basic ones here held a point, if they were to get anything it would have to be something that served purpose.

She stood for a moment with her index finger to her chin, eyes up to the ceiling as she thought more about what they came for. "Well I honestly haven't a clue what they sell here, so I was hoping you might know what could help. From what I could say though, Ricky needs something to treat what could be a powerful migraine. Any sort of ease would be beneficial really, if it allows him the ability to eat and sleep then I'm sure it'd be the best one to go for." Her eyes returned to Balian once she finished and her hands remained clasped together, a rather hopeful look spent on him before she finally said another thing. "I'll trust your judgement with whatever may work." With that said she gave a small smile while she decided to stand back and watch him, it would be from here on Balian had to use the information given and decide what he should have them use.

OOC :
Sorry the post isn't so long but it's right at the point where Balian has to make the decision, as is part of the quest anyways so I have to hand it over back to you. :) From what it looks like down at bottom of the location there is a chart for tonics in the first tab, so find whatever you think would work best for the conditions and we can go with wrapping it up from there!
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Walking On Doorsteps

Postby Dove Brown on July 7th, 2016, 7:43 pm

Don't forget to edit/delete your grade request. If you have any questions, comments or concerns regarding your grade, please do not hesitate to send me a PM.

Ricky Maze
Skills
  • Endurance 3
  • Logic 1
  • Medicine 1
Lores
  • Acinonyx: a kind stranger
  • Balian Martell: a Syliran squire
  • Medicine: describing symptoms
  • Eating sometimes makes a headache worse

Acinonyx
Skills
  • XP
Lores
  • Lore:
Miscellaneous
  • Mizas (+/-) | Amount
  • Item Purchased (+/-) | Amount
  • Item Sold (+/-) | Amount

Grades withheld due to inactivity

Balian Martell
Skills
  • Observation 1
  • Logic 1
  • Socialisation 3
  • Land Navigation 1
Lores
  • Ricky: an ill traveler
  • Knighthood: a family tradition

Comments: Ouch, poor Ricky. I can't help but feel for him. Enjoy your grades.
Very busy at work. May not be around much for a while.
Threads: 3/3

Dove Brown
Keeping my head, my backbone, and my heart

Words: 181194
Joined roleplay: July 30th, 2015, 9:36 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)

Previous