Closed Colorful Intuition

[Shane] Ricky happens upon a curious place that he can't help but explore.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Colorful Intuition

Postby Ricky Maze on June 29th, 2014, 5:00 am

Colorful Intuition
Summer 37th 514 AV, 12th Bell

Today was spent on the exploration of Syliras to in turn see the sights some and even if he wanted to check out a couple places he'd heard of, time was moving too fast for him to keep up and he could only both curse yet thank Tanroa for the effect it was having on him. Only a few more days left until they were to head home, and then with the last long haul he would ever expect to have he would return home to see the people that awaited his return once more. Oh how he was so ready to hold the boy he called his son in his arms once again, yet just a few more days were left as they needed to restock on food supply. Today though he had to idle about and distract himself with the sights, he had to see what all the place had to offer other than the other general businesses he'd come to visit in his time spent here.

Thus when he passed by a couple that he overheard mentioning the name of a business called "Shane's Auristic Services" he couldn't help but see what this place was all about, if he knew right well enough Auristics was a magical skill that mages could do. Personal Magic if he recalled correctly, yet if that was the case then did Syliras actually allow such magic within their walls? He hadn't been all too familiar with the laws the city held, but he knew for a fact magic here was very likely frowned upon compared to Zeltiva. So of course investigating this place was well worth the interest, although it took him a bit to finally come across the place after being given directions a few times.

Admittedly the front door looked overly normal compared to other shops and businesses, but that didn't stop him from entering to make his way into the business itself and in turn see that he would be in a room that had but a simple yet eloquent set up of an office area. Being at the front door he didn't want to fully intrude on the man and his four legged companion thus he knocked on the frame a couple of times to respectively grab the attention. Knock knock. You have a visitor good sir, probably a customer as well depending on what services you provided. At any rate the fisherman eased his way inside with a bit of admiration cast towards the set up of the room; padded seats, some shelves for books, and of course a nicely kept desk likely used for... well whatever this Mr. Shane used it for. Records. Or so Ricky guessed.

Ricky held a vacant but curious expression on his face, the worn and tattered vest and green linen trousers an obvious sign that he wasn't from around here. "Pardon me mate but is 're ye Shane?" He respectively asked with a humble tone of voice, he had to admit the fellow in the chair had a scholarly sort of look to him.
Last edited by Ricky Maze on August 30th, 2014, 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Colorful Intuition

Postby Shane Wallsly on July 2nd, 2014, 6:24 pm

Shane immediately smiled as the man entered the room and began to recite “Welcome, my friend, to Shane's Auristic Services where my job is you! “Shane frowned and sighed. “No, I'm sorry that was terrible. Been trying to come up with a slogan since I opened. Come in and take a seat. I'm Shane Wallsly.” Shane motioned to the seat in front of his desk.

He blinked his eyes changing from non-magical to magical almost immediately. It was almost second nature to him now. It was even his job. He practised the magic on basically a daily basis these days. He'd gotten quite used to analysing a person without even looking at them materially. All of their physical properties could be read by their aura and it was really good practice to do it this way.

So he focused upon the man's aura. Tall, muscular... He seemed like a fisherman to him or a sailor or something? He'd read a few sailors and there was always something similar about their build. It was a proportions thing. Shane found that making the odd casual remark about a guess from his Auristics usually leant him a greater air of legitimacy but he didn't know how to say it. Could he just ask him how the fishing was going? Shane decided to put a pin on that one until he knew better how to broach the subject.

“Alright, well I am Shane as I already said. Nice to meet you, Mister -” He left the sentence hanging extending his hand across the desk for a handshake. “I am an Aurist. We see the truth in things. It's a magic said to have been handed down to mortals by Avalis herself. For minimal cost I can provide you with a reading – where I look into you and tell you the truth of yourself – or a mediation – for I can look into the hearts of men and tell their intent – or I can even tell when an item is of magical origin. That's what I do here. Before you ask how I knew you were wondering the Sight gives me a considerable amount of insight. For instance, you like to fish yes?” Shane didn't realise he came across quite pompous until he had finished speaking.

“Welcome,” he said with a welcoming smile and an even more welcoming tone “What can I do for you then?”
Group Threads: 1/3

ImageImageImage

Clerk at Mystic Eye Fortune Telling
Shane Wallsly
Success Is The Only Option

Words: 284445
Joined roleplay: September 30th, 2013, 9:10 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)

Colorful Intuition

Postby Ricky Maze on July 3rd, 2014, 8:00 pm

Ricky's eyebrows slightly raised some as he the man not only introduced himself as Shane indeed, but did so with the manner of throwing the punchline of promotion for the business that he ran. Of course it was common for business owners to do that but the manner Shane displayed afterwards, it truly intrigued the fisherman to see this man dissemble the slogan he had tried to use. Maybe it just didn't feel right to him, or the slogan itself held little power in the ring he wanted, either way Ricky thought it appropriate enough to bring the point across. Then again he was no businessman to begin with, so what did he know about slogans and self promotions.

As Ricky moved in to take a seat before the desk he felt a little strange, as though the man Shane were staring right into his very soul or something of the sort. It was a feeling he never really experienced before save for maybe one or few times... either way something strange yet fascinating had to be occurring from Shane, maybe he was doing as he said he does, reading into some sort of aura that Ricky himself gave off. The fisherman knew nothing of auras and Auristics, save for the fact it was a personal magic mages could perform. The next thing to occur was the man reintroducing himself again, only this time to leave the repose open for Ricky to return the courtesy in turn. How rude of Ricky! He'd neglected to introduce himself upon entering, he certainly forgot to do that when he was told to have a seat at any rate. "Me names Ricky, pleasure t' meet ya Mr. Shane." He returned with a humble manner as he shook the hand with a firm grip, he had to admit this man strongly reminded him of a scholar back at home.

Shane then went into detail with his trade in being an Aurist and i turn mentioned the purposes provided with the use of the discipline, and with the mention of the Goddess Avalis the fisherman could only raise his eyebrows as he swore he recalled the name from somewhere before. Avalis... wasn't she de Goddess of Divination? Laviku's own lover no less? Oi t'ink dat was de one. Being raised as a devoted Laviku worshiper Ricky had learned quite a bit over the course of time he grew, of course he still didn't know everything about Laviku and the relations that were tied to him. Avalis though was the esteemed lover if he recalled correctly, frozen in ice so the God of the Sea could keep her forever. With the services he could offer explained Shane then happened to ask Ricky a most redundant question that could only serve as an example of his own ability, a most amused smirk broke from the fisherman as he tried to play coy with the question in general. Damn he's good! Was the initial thoughts that raced through his head, but what came out instead was something along the lines of "Somet'in like dat yea."

Of course this was an easy indication that while Ricky was already rather impressed, he was at the same time quick to hide that fact in turn. Shane being an Aurist though, he could easily see that Ricky did this with his readings. This didn't occur to Ricky but all the same he found the chance to learn something new now, and in turn maybe learn to pick up on it in turn should he try to practice this skill in turn. "Oi guess Oi'll go wit' yer personal readin t'ing, Oi warn ya t'ough Oi can be quite a complicated man t' read." He challenged with a nervous smirk about him, hopeful that such a statement would actually be rather true. He'd hate to prove to be an open book for one, yet at the same time he loved the idea of giving this Aurist something to work for in turn.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Colorful Intuition

Postby Shane Wallsly on July 21st, 2014, 12:11 pm

The man's accent was hard to make out properly but he found simply by reading the man's aura and finding words to provide context he could understand the man properly enough. The man had a firm grip. Shane's father would have thought him a trustworthy man. 'Never trust a man with a lax grip, Shane, these are the men who are always waiting for a way out.'

There'd been a flicker when he mentioned Avalis. He knew of the God but something suggested to Shane that it wasn't direct. Shane couldn't quite pull it out though. He didn't quite find he had the skill to figure that one out so he noted it with a sigh and told himself maybe to rerad up on the Gods a bit later.

There was a flurry of excitement that was quickly dulled down when Shane guessed he was a fisherman. He was trying to hide it. Yes, he had been right but, like most people, he didn't want to admit just how impressed he was. So he was a little stubborn, Shane noted. He was a fisherman too. This had to tell him something. Like the God of fisherman... Who was that? Shane was surprised he had to think about it. There was a God of Fisherman. He was really well known. He was like the God of all water or something as well. Oh, this was frustrating. No, wait, Lapichu! Oh, that was rubbish. No God would be called Lapichu. It had to be something else. He'd figure it out later...

Okay, now. What we do now is you just sit back and close your eyes.” He told the fisherman. “Just relax. Let your mind wander.” He spoke in a calm, soothing voice layered with subtle, hypnotic suggestion. “Let's start with something easy to recall. Picture your home wherever it is. The place you feel you belong. Picture how it looks. Hold in your mind every detail. Now picture how it smells, picture how it feels. Run your hand over every inch of it, breathe in ever scent see every detail...” His calm, soothing voice was layered with hypnotic suggestion. He could not yet put a person into a hypnotic trance but he could aid them in relaxing; point them in the right directions to influence their auras.

ImageImageImage

Shane Wallsly

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Colorful Intuition

Postby Ricky Maze on July 23rd, 2014, 6:46 pm

With the way things seemed to settle the Aurist Shane seemed to bear a pleasant sort of atmosphere as Ricky made his intentions known, to go through a personal reading would definitely prove useful for the fisherman seeing as how he was in a place of self dwelling. Maybe he could learn something new about himself or overcome some sort of obstacle he found holding him back. Either way he was curious to see how this reading worked, curious enough to test the Aurist and in turn see how one may actually learn how to do this sort of thing. "Alroi den." He nodded as he listened to the instruction given to him, after Ricky settled in the seat more comfortably and closed his eyes, the words that Shane spoke seemed to just ease him into a state of meditation.

He was... at ease now. His head sent off into a wander that allowed him to roam, find a sense of peace as he let the thoughts of contemplation run their course to clear out. They ran like a stream of water that rushed through land, until at last there was no more left and the riverbed itself was soon dried of all mannerisms of thoughts. He was completely clear headed at this point, and when the words the man Shane said to picture home, Ricky only need to hear the exact word and that was where his mind moved to as a whole. He could picture Zeltiva, the way the Old Quarter looked from his bedroom window. He could picture holding his son, with his beloved wife Telion there next to him. He could smell the sea just outside in the breeze, the gentle air brought in a moist cool feel to the atmosphere everyday Syna would rise.

He could imagine being in the comfortable chair or on his bed, playing with Martin as the boy laughed and stuck fingers in his daddy's mouth. He was smiling then, both in the imagination but as well in the reality of the world. He was ready for that sense of peace to come back, for that joy he always felt in life every time he was with the ones he loved at home. He had managed to make it here and live, now all he had to do was make sure he and the other two made it back to make the longing found within the dream a reality. "Okay, now what do ya need me t' do." He finally asked as he waited to hear for further more instructions, of course if Shane had any to provide that is.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Colorful Intuition

Postby Shane Wallsly on July 23rd, 2014, 9:54 pm

I'm sensing a great amount of joy and a lot of yearning.” Shane told him trying to make the obvious sound more impressive. The man was smiling but his aura was tinged with something else. “But also I am feeling something else. Something deeper. A sadness perhaps? Yes, you don't know if you are going to return.” Shane could see from the amount of yearning that the man wasn't living at home currently which suggested to Shane that he had traveled here. He had to have a reason for coming here if he was so happy at home and any man who leaves his home is scared of never getting back to it. The conclusions he made were easy. They were the product of rational thought with just a little bit of help from magic.

Shane probed the physical properties of the man. These were the simplest facts to ascertain from an aura. The man didn't seem to bare the physical characteristics of being ill. “You came a long way to get here.” He was a fisherman and he'd come a long way. He wasn't a warrior or an adventurer or very exotic so he had to come from the Sylira region. Zeltiva or Sunberth for fisherman but Sunberth wasn't really much of a fishing place so Shane went for the shot in the dark. “I am thinking you came here from the beautiful port-city of Zeltiva; am I right?” He asked trying to sound confident in what was really just a guess.

As he focussed harder into the aura he detected something else. What was this? A little bit of residue. He focussed harder. His abilities were improving. These little bits and pieces were coming to him easier and easier with less and less headaches after casting. Woah this guy had a little bit of power. There was the seeds of magic within him. Shane couldn't quite tell what kind of magic, or magics, it was but he could see them in there.

Oh, I detect a hint of power.” Shane said with what sounded to him like admiration. “Are you a fellow practitioner of the magical arts?” Shane decided it was best to be bold and knew that calling him out for a wizard would certainly impress the man.

ImageImageImage

Shane Wallsly

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Colorful Intuition

Postby Ricky Maze on July 23rd, 2014, 10:51 pm

Was he really reading into the thoughts or possibly the emotions Ricky felt just then? He wouldn't have been able to so easily unless there was a skill involved, even the most observant wouldn't be able to tell that Ricky longed to be reunited with his son. Yet this man, this Shane, somehow picked that up and read into it, enough to even be able to gather enough in knowing where Ricky's own place of home was. "Dat's rio! Oi live in Zeltiva." He enthused with a wide grin as he leaned forward, a little bit of excitement in his tone as he sharpened his attention further on Shane.

Did he... did he just pick up on the fact Ricky could use magic too? He did! Somehow without Ricky even suggesting it by any means, Shane was able to pick up the fact Ricky practiced magic as well. That alone was a secret Ricky aimed to keep quiet outside of home, and seeing as how nobody in Syliras knew he was capable of using magic, that made Ricky all the more positive Shane was actually using this 'Auristics' discipline to read into him. Ricky's face beamed as he felt the chill of excitement rush through his body, the insane amount of curiosity soon rooted within as the seed grew quickly. "How do yew do dat?! Oi mean Oi am a practitioner or whatever yew called it, but nobody 'ere in Syliras knows dat!" Ricky then felt himself struck by an idea, one that served all the more purposeful in seeing how useful this magical skill was.

"Can Oi see...." He looked at the things on the desk Shane kept so organized, eyes quick to fall upon something he could focus on to use for this. There was a book that would serve purpose enough, it was large and could do well as a subject for this experiement. "Dat book fer a chime or two?" He held a hand out hopeful that Shane would offer it too him, seeing as how it wasn't nice to just pick things up and take them if they weren't yours. However the book may end up in his hands though Ricky would be sure to properly thank Shane before he would hold it in a hand, the cover of the book facing up as he looked down at it with focus. His other hand would hover over that book as he was about to show, or attempt to show Shane, his favorite discipline of magic he aimed to focus on. "Nobody can easily see dis wit' normal eyes, as far as Oi know only some ot'er mages can but Oi ain't sure 'ow. Oi want t' know if yew can see what 'appens next wit' dis book, Oi promise yew dat yer gonna love it."

Whether or not Ricky sounded like an excited little boy again was something he didn't consider, but all the same he was eager to test his theory on whether or not Shane would be able to see this with Auristics. The fisherman keenly focused on that zone of thought he held before, the serene peace at heart he felt an instant guide to wring out the yearning and emotions that set the reaction, in the moment that followed spurned his Djed to react within just a moment afterwards. It flowed and channeled through his left arm, the hand still hovered over the book as his focus solely went onto the object. Shane would be able to see that, among the visible scars his vest didn't hide, Ricky was missing the last digit of his left hand. Though the pinky had been gone for almost a season that was hardly a worry to Ricky any longer, in truth he hardly noticed that it'd been missing. However the center of attention was more than likely the book in front of them, no doubt Shane expected something odd to happen like the book would float or something. Yet that's not quite what was going to happen next. The Djed Ricky channeled forth flowed outward, pulsated within the air between hands as he then started to weave together fabrics of Djed.

To Shane he wouldn't be able to see this with the naked eye, but to Ricky there was a shimmer that he would be all too familiar with. The royal blue sheen that would weave and flow through the air like liquid water slowly started to cover the cover of the book, the amount of Djed put forth more than enough to try and cover it with a decent amount of concentration behind the effort. Ricky could see it all as it happened, how the layer of Djed would cover the book with ripples that sent the weaves further out. Both hands worked simultaneously as he channeled the Djed back and forth between his left hand and his right, all until at last the Djed itself had seemed to weave together in a thin but simple royal blue shield that no longer had the glimmer it held before. There was still a faint sheen that he could see, but it was Shane he was more focused on now. Could the Aurist actually see what had taken form in front of him? Did his ability allow him to see what others normally could not?
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Colorful Intuition

Postby Shane Wallsly on July 24th, 2014, 11:40 pm

Shane was relieved his guesses were right so far. The Zeltivan guess could have been wrong in so many ways but he had managed to pull it off somehow. He really needed to read up on his geography and Gods. So was this a Zeltivan accent that was grating on his ears? He'd have to remember this for later. It would make noticing Zeltivans from others much easier.

It's all in your Aura, Ricky. I can ready many things about you.” He told Ricky after he asked him how he could tell he was a magical practitioner. “Magic is a part of you, a small part so far, but anything that is a part of you is a part of your aura.

Ricky surprised him by pointing to the book 'Magic and Me' on his table. He had been reading it earlier in the morning before his first customer had corm in. Since then it had laid abandoned on his desk. Shane was suspicious for a moment and then he relented. “Go ahead.” He replied as kindly as possible. The man didn't seem like a thief and if he did the one thing guaranteed in this city was a zealous approach to crime solving.

Shane extended his focus trying now to focus on both objects. Ricky and the book. Ah, the book felt not normal. So simple. The auras of inanimate objects were almost calming to behold and usually of a semitransparent greyish colour. What happened next was better than the book suddenly levitated. A spark of something from with Rick flowed out from beneath his hands. It reminded Shane, in a way, of Reimancy but it wasn't Reimancy. It was much too different and the stuff he created, the djed, it seemed much more like djed to him than res.

He warped the djed around the book it's blue colour surrounding the item and almost suppressing it's aura with it's own aura. The book suddenly reeked of magic. Shane was aghast. He had never seen such magic before. What was it, he wondered.

The magical arts amaze, don't they Ricky?” Shane asked the man puttting a finger out to tentatively touch the book. Before he did he stopped and asked “What does it do? It looks like a protective film but I am sensing is, ummm, I can't think of the word... Well I mean it seems as translucent to touch as it is to see. Let me just...” Shane took a deep breath and closed his eyes. He took a second deep breath as he realised the power from his eyes.

He opened his eyes and looked upon the book and gasped. “It's gone!” Shane said in disbelief. “Huh, so it's invisible whatever it is then? Please tell me more about this discipline. Can I touch it?

ImageImageImage

Shane Wallsly

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Colorful Intuition

Postby Ricky Maze on July 25th, 2014, 8:07 am

The details provided into the fact that all this seemed to reside in Ricky's "aura" fascinated him to no end, which he then took into account that this magical discipline was certainly some worth looking further into. Hence why he wanted to see how well it worked with seeing other things, like the shield he intended to create for instance. The appreciation Ricky showed in Shane allowing him to take the book for example was pure before the test came to a start, as the fisherman didn't wish to impose any rudeness upon the man with rash action brought on by excitement.

With the creation of the shield finally done and the fabrics of his Djed weaved into a thin layer of magical substance, he was soon impressed with the fact that Shane could in fact actually see that there was a shield covering the book by using Auristics on it. That's when he seemed to go about to touch it with only a hesitation to follow before he asked what exactly this sort of magic does. Of course he had to see it for himself without reading into the aura, which all the more proved to Ricky that Shane hadn't been fibbing him at all. His surprise and interest brought a grin out of the fisherman as he leaned forward with interest, his mind completely engaged with the workings of their separate magics.

"Yea ye can touch it, d' whatever ya want really. De only t'ing Oi know dis magic does is ward off foreign Djed, it protects whatever object or bein' ye cover in Djed from... well as far as Oi know t'ings like Reimancy, but Oi can imagine it'll block more wit' fut'er practice! Nobody, an' Oi mean nobody, 'as never been able t' see me make dese shields up until now. An' dats cause ya used Auristics t' watch me make it." He explained with much enthusiasm in his voice. "Oi mean Oi can see 'em when Oi make 'em o' course, but only when Djed seems t' come int' contact wit' de shields do dey finally appear fer ot'ers t' see." He pretty much explained what little he knew, wishful that he had indeed learned much more about this wonderful art. Shielding was by far a magical skill he wanted to learn more of, given that its nature was far less violent and self destructive like Reimancy.

"Tell me 'bout Auristics s'more! Oi'm fascinated t' learn 'ow yew can practice an' use it at whim!" When he requested this he did so humbly but with much excitement in his voice, he was definitely in the deep of enjoyment with this discussion of magic. Given that Auristics seemed like another less self destructive magic to learn, he was hopeful he could probably learn how to use it himself if Shane was willing to assist. Of course Ricky was more than absolutely willing to try and in return teach Shane whatever he could of Shielding, given he would probably like to explore and learn more about it in turn.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Colorful Intuition

Postby Shane Wallsly on November 2nd, 2014, 4:08 am

Shane was very interested in what the man had to say about the shield as he reached out to touch the book. It was true! He could touch it perfectly fine. Ricky said he'd need to cast some offensive Reimancey at it for it to block it. Shane frowned for a moment and asked “Would it just block the res from Reimancey or would it black the transmuted effect? Say like lightning or fire?” He asked hoping the man had perhaps seen the discipline in action.

Shane listened to the rest of what Ricky was saying nodding interestingly and making general noises of acceptance and approval. It was fascinating to see other types of magic at work. This one magic seemed to specifically block other kinds of magic from work. He frowned again as another thought entered his head but he hesitated to ask it for if he did Ricky might figure out that Shane was a Hypnotist. He thought about how best to phrase it before carefully asking “Have you ever heard of a discipline called Hypnotism before? I met a hypnotist last season who said that he could bend people to his will through djed manipulation. Do you think that by casting a shield over yourself you might be able to resist the effects of said Hypnotism?

Auristics is one of several arts that one can learn themselves.” Shane explained without hesitation. Ricky seemed like a nice man and Shane believed if he told him about Auristics then he would teach him about Shielding. It was the perfect deal in his eyes. “The ability is something that requires a meditative realisation of the inner nature of all things. In other words one must meditate for many hours, sometimes even days upon the subject of Auristics in order to unlock the ability to use it. You must understand the essence of all things to see the essence of all things if you catch my meaning. Now, tell me a little bit more about the actual casting of Shielding if you would. I'd be very interested to leanr how it is you actually project the shield around the body. Is it like Reimancey. Is it simply will? Does it require an initiation like Reimancey?” Shane's questions weren't fired rapidly but offered in measured doses with appropriate pauses to listen to the answers Ricky may or may not have given to them.

ImageImageImage

Shane Wallsly

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Next