Newbie sticking very closely to the guidelines

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Postby Eivl on August 29th, 2014, 4:16 pm

1. Name - or what you'd like to be called!
Vee would be fine, if Eivl is too outlandish. ...Then again Vee is also pretty uncommon. But call me Vee, or just V. Reference not intended.
2. What sort of RP experience do you have if any?
Started RPing about a week ago, due to a recent college application failure. I now have a full year to spend doing almost nothing, and I thought hey, why not try roleplaying?
3. How did you find us?
Google, first result for fantasy RP. Congrats by the way.
4. What sort of RP style is your favorite?
...Serious? No idea. But I usually stay 'in character' even when people are talking to me 'out of character'.
5. What do you like to write about - not write about?
Writing about how people think is fun. Planning on a psychology/sociology major, it would be good practice for that.
6. What's your favorite thing about Mizahar so far?
It's very detailed, and almost everything I could think of has been covered, along with a bunch (read: mother lodes) of other stuff I couldn't.
7. What, if anything, has frustrated you about Mizahar so far?
In conjunction with the above... there's so many rules. I can tell everyone's put a lot of love into this, but there's just too much to read. If the concepts weren't so interesting, I would've given up ages ago. I'm hoping the experience here will prove my sore eyes wrong when they told me this was too much trouble for a new activity over the next year.
8. What would you like out of the Mizahar experience?
I'd like experience with a lot of different people and cultures, as well as learning how to write good plots.
9. Is there anything you'd like to see expanded?
Dear Lord, no. Too many things already. But I would like to see the addition of a guitar to the instrument list, unless there's a specific reason why a guitar is not permitted in Mizahar. Also, an Asian-based race might be fun to roleplay, though I'd understand why there isn't one as this is a Western fantasy setting.
10. Anything else you want to talk about?
Nothing in particular, good work making the guidelines encompass every question in my limited imagination. And a thank you to the admins and of course the creator(s) of the site for making this forum RPG possible. I'm sure the other players are thinking the same thing every time they log on.
Eivl
Early Retirement

Words: 22708
Joined roleplay: August 28th, 2014, 4:53 pm
Race: Akvatari
Character sheet

Postby Adelaide Sitai on August 29th, 2014, 4:20 pm

Hello Eivl and welcome to Mizahar!

If you have any questions, or need any help, do not hesitate to ask. :)

Good Luck!
Adelaide Sitai
It is easier to look the other way...

Words: 331327
Joined roleplay: September 16th, 2013, 4:10 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Eivl on August 29th, 2014, 4:29 pm

Understood, I look forward to RPing with you all.
Eivl
Early Retirement

Character sheet

Postby Sydelle Faraway on August 29th, 2014, 11:07 pm

:D There's tons of lore. But, honestly, once you get past the "there's so much lore!" aspect, you'll quite possibly find that the sheer wealth of knowledge available will inspire you to do things to your character that you'd never have thought of otherwise.

My advice is start small. Really dig into the city you've chosen, and your race - and other races you might encounter in your starting city - and the skills that you've chosen. Most other things can be studied as the need/curiosity arises.

Feel free to ask questions - folks are generally eager to help. If you need an immediate-ish answer, there's usually someone in chat to consult. Happy writing!
Sydelle Faraway
Player

Words: 33563
Joined roleplay: August 10th, 2014, 6:31 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Eivl on August 30th, 2014, 6:51 am

Yeah, that's what I meant when I said I found the concept of Mizahar interesting... I mean I've gotten past the fact that there's so much to read and delve into that it's really like living in another world.

Thank you for the advice. I'll get right on that.

But really, if anyone has any idea why there is no guitar in Mizahar, or if there are guitars and it's not in the price list, please do let me know. It's not urgent though, not like it's all that important.
Eivl
Early Retirement

Character sheet

Postby Sydelle Faraway on August 30th, 2014, 11:24 am

There's a gea'tar on the list, which from the description, sounds pretty much like a realworld guitar. Its listed at 80gm, in the musical instruments section.
Sydelle Faraway
Player

Words: 33563
Joined roleplay: August 10th, 2014, 6:31 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Eivl on August 30th, 2014, 11:47 am

I see. From the comparison to a fiddle though, I assumed it would be played using a bow.

And if anyone who can edit the descriptions of it sees this, the long bit might be better described as a 'neck' or 'fingerboard' instead of an 'arm'. Just if anyone has time, it's really not a pressing matter.

In any case, it's quite expensive. Understandable, since it's a new instrument... I think I'll wait and see if the price ever drops.

But thank you, again, for the help. I'll be sure to read through everything relevant the next time I post a question...
Eivl
Early Retirement

Character sheet