Hello! I'm a first time RP :')

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Postby Firenze on October 8th, 2014, 8:36 pm

I love fantasy. I've had my head in the clouds ever since I was a child and I'm always looking for new avenues to be in the clouds more often. This is my first time ever role playing. I do like to write, but I'm still a novice. Any help/ideas would be welcome! I'm looking forward to my adventures in Mizahar!
Firenze
Food, or Friend?

Words: 674676
Joined roleplay: October 8th, 2014, 8:25 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Mizahar Grader (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Nightmare on October 8th, 2014, 9:27 pm

Hello! Welcome to Mizahar!

Looks like you have come to the right place. Mizahar, I feel, is one of the most immersive out of all the forum based RPGs out there. :)

Getting started can be tough though; there is a lot to read. My suggestion is to take your time, familiarize yourself with how things work and ask questions! I am certainly available if have any questions, you can also visit the Q&A subform in the discussions area, or hop into chat and ask some of out veterns directly. :)

Have fun dreaming!
If you have an concerns, questions or problems please PM me right away. I am here to assist and can usually get a reply within a day or two if not sooner.
If you haven't gotten a response from me within five days, please PM me again!
Nightmare
The part of you that you always fear

Words: 254197
Joined roleplay: April 21st, 2014, 11:45 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Suresslynn on October 9th, 2014, 3:31 am

Heya, Firenze, and welcome to Mizahar!

Like Nightmare said, this is a great place to RP, what with all the lore and the great player base. As he said, the Q&A forum and especially the chat are a good place to get answers to any questions you might have, and if you've still got questions, our staff would be happy to answer them.

In particular, if your looking for help developing a character concept, the chat can be a great place to make sure everything makes sense and flows together, as you'll usually find a fair few of our vets are there and able to give some helpful feedback on things.

Good luck, and looking forward to seeing you around.
Suresslynn
Player

Words: 94986
Joined roleplay: July 30th, 2014, 3:18 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Firenze on October 9th, 2014, 3:44 am

Thank you both! I've been doing a lot of reading on the starter guides and feel I've just barely touched the tip of the iceberg! Haha! I've really enjoyed what I've read so far and am very excited to start exploring this new world! :)
Firenze
Food, or Friend?

Words: 674676
Joined roleplay: October 8th, 2014, 8:25 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Mizahar Grader (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)