Closed The First Year

[World's End Grotto](Jadlin, Black, Dulute, Algol, Altaira, Ignotus) Its a day for a feast as the Maze family hosts the celebration of their son's first birthday!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

The First Year

Postby Jadlin Hayes on November 18th, 2014, 7:07 am

Jadlin Hayes

Jad reached the Grotto with the food and his gift. He was giddy with anticipation. The toy makers had extended the courtesy of wrapping the little Wave Guard suit in some colorful paper and tied a knot with some sort of glittering lace, to secure it. The food was in the custom trays the woman at the Market had provided. Jad was glad to see them, as he'd lost the first set to a horde of Yukmen in the hills, when he and Black had gone on a picnic.

There were a few people milling around out in front of the inn when he arrived. He asked them if they were here for the party, and if they'd help bring the food inside with him. They did not really say whether they were attendees or not, but they assisted with the trays of food nonetheless.

He called a fairly loud greeting as he entered and was genuinely delighted to see Martin, the guest of honor, drop his toy and struggle to turn his way with a big smile, and extended arm, and a bright
"CHA!" as Jad pointed to a table for the others to place the food.

He looked for a spot to place his gift and found a spot where a couple of other colorful boxes were. He knew nothing of tags, so he really didn't know if the boxes were gifts as well, but assumed that if they were, they would be for Martin.

Finishing with the formalities, Jad looked around and saw the Jamoura, wondering how he'd missed the goliath when he'd first entered. If not for the fellow's civilized demeanor and speech, he'd have assumed he was a trained animal, rented to perform as entertainment. "Hello, sir!" he called cheerfully, waving to the primate humanoid, "My name is Jad, give me just a chime with the honored boy here and I'll be over to say a proper hello."

Maybe it was just his voice cutting through to announce himself, but suddenly Black and Ricky were both there. Ricky's wife, Telion, was moving towards Martin, whose expansive smile grew even wider, bringing a similar one to the woman's face. Jad moved to give Black a hug. It was a bit sad to see her not feeling naturally at ease among the group. But he figured that, given time, she would warm up to them. he would never pressure her by actually saying this, but she was going to have to sooner or later. They were family.

He looked her directly in the eyes, letting his sink intimately into her deep brown gaze. "Hey lover. Did you miss me?" He kissed her deeply, then looked around conspiratorially and lowered his voice, telling her what he'd gotten Martin. "They only just finished it today, thank the gods! That's it on the table there. If you couldn't get him anything, I can say it's from both of us."

He knew that this might be a delicate detail to discuss, but he thought it would be best to settle it right now. When he found out what she gave his nephew, he'd be impressed, knowing it would be a far more permanent gift than his. He looked around with a different purpose then, but still kept his voice down. "Do you know these guys? Is he a Kelvic?"

He invited Black and the others to have some of the food he brought, making a joke about how they'd been interrupted by Yukmen last time, and how they HAD to try these whipped yolk eggs. He introduced himself to everyone, turning his gaze to Black and declaring her his "one and only". He hoped she didn't mind this cutesy title. Normally, his pet name for her was "lover", and he didn't think she'd want him announcing her as that.

x
Last edited by Jadlin Hayes on December 9th, 2014, 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jadlin Hayes - No Hurries, No Worries...
Jadlin Hayes
A Symphony of Synthesis

Words: 187030
Joined roleplay: May 29th, 2014, 6:15 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

The First Year

Postby Black Onyx on November 22nd, 2014, 7:32 am

Black managed yet another smile as Ricky seemed happy enough about the gift. It was hard to decipher really and she angled her gaze so then she could view the big, animal thing to her right. Ricky then nudged them along and she simply stepped forwards, sliding her right hand back into the pocket of her pants. She would move to stand in the middle of the room and she pressed her lips together, shifting from one foot to the other. How did one act in this situation? She asked herself as she then glanced over towards Martin and Telion, offering yet another smile. Everything about Black's stance screamed awkward, especially considering that she was trying to avoid breathing in the scents that lingered within the room. Especially the food scents, which were already making her feel queasy enough from even this distance. She had to have some kind of bug, she thought to herself as her right hand then lifted to rub her stomach a little in an attempt to ease the queasiness. It was strange, well, she thought that it was strange that she only felt queasy around food, even just eating a simple carrot or apple made her feel queasy. However, Black hadn’t felt the need to see any doctor or medical person about it and nor would she, she didn’t feel like she was dying from it, so that was a positive sign at least.

It was then however, that Jadlin arrived and she soon found herself within his arms. A wince crossed her features as her left arm was pressed against her ribcage, but she slid her right arm around her bondmate’s form a sigh of relief upon her lips. The young equine was indeed glad to see the man and she leaned into his form drawing in comfort from his mere presence. He then pulled away and her brown hues stared into his own muddy pools. It was then that he kissed her and she returned it with a kiss of her own, her arm relinquishing its hold around his form to move upwards to wrap around his neck. She had momentarily forgotten that they were even in a room where there were people beginning to mill within and she had mostly definitely forgotten about the illness that she had been trying to quell. All that mattered to her at that point in time was the man that had wrapped his arms around her and was kissing her. Once he had pulled away however, he began talking about gifts and a soft blush crept along her pale cheeks. She leaned back, her arm pulled away from him in the process and she rubbed the back of her neck. ”I… Uh… Got him a dagger, for protection.”

Jadlin didn’t look like he disapproved of the gift, in fact he seemed to be more impressed and she visibly relaxed, her right hand dropping back to her side. Well, at least she hadn’t screwed that up, she thought to herself before her lips turned downwards at her bondmate’s question. Her brown hues shifted to view the man that looked like an animal of some kind and shook her head at his question, ”I don’t think so. Kelvics don’t normally talk in animal form, so I’m not really sure what he is. I’m beginning to think it might be magic, although I don’t know much about that either.” He then seemed to go for food and her gaze followed him and she paled a little at the sight and thought of food, her right hand returning to rubbing her stomach. As each minute passed and Jadlin continued on making conversation, the worse that her queasiness grew, especially with all of the food scents. Finally, she couldn’t take it anymore. She clamped her hand over her mouth and she turned tail. The young equine pushed back out the door of the Grotto and onto the streets. It was there where she doubled over while her stomach rolled and heaved before whatever had made it into her stomach, made a second appearance as she vomited.

Word Count685

Image Image Image
Active Threads: 3/5
Black Onyx
Sometimes, our scars define us

Words: 175802
Joined roleplay: April 29th, 2014, 11:49 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

The First Year

Postby Dulute Jadesmith on November 24th, 2014, 7:29 pm

Over the course of a season, Duluute was learning just how unusual Zeltiva really was. He'd lived his whole life at the docks, which he considered pretty normal for the most part. However, now that he'd left home he was slowly finding out there was more to the city than just fish.

The Kelvics were his first experience with the unusual. A shape-shifting human was still a concept he had a hard time accepting. However, they held little wonder compared to what Duluute found at the party. The furry door, which he was half-sure was alive, turned out to be a lumbering creature with a giant's physique and a somewhat cold stare. Even more surprising than the creature's appearance were the words he spoke. Duluute blinked at the fact that not only did he understand it, but it seemed to mimic the sophistication of a wealthy man.

Although all he said was a greeting, it still took Duluute by surprise. He was about to say another word when a second voice caught his attention. The second person wasn't nearly as unique in appearance. He just looked like one of your run of the mill Zeltivans. In fact, he actually looked a bit familiar. His accent made it obvious he was a fisherman. Maybe he'd seen him around the fish market.

The man introduced himself as Ricky as he led him inside. Duluute's eyes immediately fell on the food set before him. Although he listened to Ricky, his eyes kept returning to the trays. Even as introduced himself saying "Duluute. It's a pleasure" he kept looking at the food from the corner of his eye. "Petch that's a large feast! You would think this man was a king?!"

In fact, Duluute was sure Ricky had to be swimming in gold to afford such an array. "It seems you have spared no expense for this party. Surely your son will look back fondly on this day...so long as he remembers it." As he said the last part, his lips drew back in a smirk. He couldn't even remember his own first birthday so it was likely Ricky's son would forget as well.
"The sea is so Imagevast, yet we know little about it. Someday I'll learn its secrets...and maybe make a few new recipes while I'm at it."

Talking -> Thinking -> Writing
Dulute Jadesmith
Aquatic Chef Extraordinaire

Words: 22680
Joined roleplay: July 3rd, 2014, 1:52 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

The First Year

Postby Altaira Readva on November 26th, 2014, 2:11 am

If the wind had changed in that moment, her face would have been the talk the town.

There was, in her opinion, far too much noise for one whose day was as long and weary as her own. Studies on top work and her own religious practices had left her, for the moment, almost a shadow of the womans she was whens she entered the city a mere several dozen days prior, if her faith was any less strong, then she doubted she could have lasted as well as she had.

It was fleeting curiosity and a desire to shirk 'homework' she did not feel compelled to learn under her serving of Dira that allowed her to drift into the hustle and bustle of whatever festivity that was reared in the Grotto, with not a single familiar face in sight. Half of her cried for retreat, another part knew that she'd likely already been sighted, that there'd be more note taken of the woman who wandered in and immediately out than one who could have just been a shy and lonely guest. That, of course, and the fact that the moment she'd breached the threshold of the party, the sound and merriment was near immediately drowned by sweet smells and the sight of an endearing child.

'A celebration of birth?'

Birthdays were among the traditions that always interested her- for it was the marking of ones life not by experience, but by day and season and year. Why did people choose measure life in such a fashion?- were there not better things to mark? Like that of marriage and the birth of the child themselves, the learning of some great experience or the receiving of a job? Those, she thought, were the proper measures of a life. She knew some who lived more in short kelvic life than those who lived long in human.

However much she chose to inwardly wonder, there was no doubt that the sweet child was at the heart of the celebrations, and it took Altaira a moment to check herself before she allowed her gaze to be perhaps too sharp on the boy. He seemed happy and healthy and loved- whoever his parents were, her respect for them was already had.

Her short lingering and wandering of mind was caught, a frown creasing her expression as she watched a woman dark of hair make her way frantically out of the room, form tensing as worry welled in her gut. There was reason for her sudden departure, she knew that well enough, though what indeed she was not sure of was whether it was something such as sickness or harm. Half of her wished to investigate, her work in the Infirmary itself lending her to a healer's nature, though there was a stronger part of her that called for her to stand in place. The woman was not alone, surely another far closer would be short after her.

Her gaze was quickly averted and she made her way towards the stackings of food, mouth watering and hunger pangs overtaking her worry for the woman. 'It is not my place, it is not my place.' Food was enough to keep her to herself for the greater part, and she scanned the room for one to converse with, if not make a break swiftly for her own room within the inn.
Altaira Readva
I can wait.

Words: 279063
Joined roleplay: October 22nd, 2013, 6:39 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

The First Year

Postby Ignotus Everto on December 1st, 2014, 8:01 am

"Quite a spread, no?" chirped a male voice right next to Altaira. Ignotus probably needed to stop cloaking his entrances, but it was just too much fun to see peoples' reactions when the Lord of Counsel apparently materialized among them. It was a simple trick involving the muting of one's profile to that of a bystander. The technique didn't work on anybody looking for someone, but it cost little and entertained. Ignotus wore the deep blue uniform of his office, a cloak of the same color covering his emaciated frame. The more observant also may have noticed Ignotus' shadow; a strongly built man in snug sailor's garb with short brown hair and the alert, searching eyes of a fox. A long, tapering bulge in the "sailor's" jacket and runes tattooed between his knuckles betrayed his role as a guard to those with the eyes to see.

"A pity I can't eat any of it." the wizard sighed to Altaira. "But I distract myself. I don't believe I've met or heard about you; are you here for the baby or the hors 'd'oeuvres? " A half-suppressed smile pulled on the Nuit's face as a gloved hand crossed his torso and offered itself to the Kelvic.
Last edited by Ignotus Everto on December 9th, 2014, 9:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
A thousand thanks to Phoenix for the gorgeous blue frame, and a thousand more to Edreina for her beautiful magic-themed one!

Correspondence Thread
Ignotus Everto
Only Mostly Mad

Words: 292905
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 5:57 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

The First Year

Postby Algol on December 2nd, 2014, 8:32 pm

It didn't take long for quite the little crowd to develop in the dining hall. He noticed a few curious stares come his way, and soon his nerves were betraying him. The massive body that plagued him during the day shifted awkwardly, and he turned his eyes from the looks they were offering him. He didn't like the attention, and he didn't like the strangers. With his massive heart pounding, Algol made one courtesy before he fled. He approached the child--the center of the party--and the mother who's lap he was happily perched upon.

Small innocent eyes swelled and rounded in wonder as the hulking Jamoura loomed above. Bless the woman, she didn't bat an eye. He offered one black finger, long and nearly as thick as the little boy's wrist. The small hand reached out curiously and wrapped around his index digit. The Ethaefal's lips twitched and his eyes softened for just a moment, then the wall was thrown back up and he pulled away--albeit gently. He nodded awkwardly to the mother, and she smiled up at him like this was an everyday thing. Strangely uncomfortable from her easy acceptance, he retreated to find Ricky and bid his farewell.

He passed by for only a moment for he didn't wish to hold to man's attention long from the guests.

"Thank you for the invitation," he rumbled slowly, "but I must be returning to my room. You have a... nice family."

Algol nodded to the human and took his leave, managing to quietly shamble up the stairs despite his immense girth.

OOCApologies for the delay everyone. Have at it, this is where I take my leave. Enjoy!
Algol
Player

Words: 8467
Joined roleplay: September 19th, 2014, 12:28 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet

The First Year

Postby Ricky Maze on December 9th, 2014, 5:29 am

oocSO sorry that this post was delayed for you all, to keep this party thread going I've decided that there is to be no official turn order since its a simple social gathering. :) Let me know if I addressed the order of posts oddly, and please enjoy yourselves as I shouldn't be kept from further delays with responses after tonight.

It took a moment for Ricky to count everyone and see who exactly had all appeared here, to his surprise more than just a few came to stop by, which pleased him all the more as it would've been a waste for the food to go bad. He watched as the Jamouran figure passed by to watch Martin and Telion for a bit, a pleasant smile found on the father's face as he was greeted with compliments from Duluute about the food. "Oi sure can hope so," He spoke merrily after a short laugh, "we 'ad a bit o' help puttin' it toget'er so we're really grateful fer everyone showin' up." He added with a humble tone before Algol returned to them once more, Telion had a bit of a happy smile on her face as she watched Martin bounce for a little bit. No doubt it really excited the boy to see such a rare creature here, a wonderful yet mysterious being like him wasn't common to find here at all.

"Well t'ank ya mate, ye 'ave yer self a nice evenin'." He bade Algol farewell as the stocky figure marched off towards his room, which left Ricky to return to those that were still present at the party. "Duluute sir, find yer self a plate an' dig on in. Enjoy yer self t'night!" When he finished this Jadlin had already came inside the door and placed a wrapped box onto a table, his cheery mood infectious as he greeted everyone he seemed to walk by. With a wide grin to break his expression Ricky pulled the younger brother in for a sibling hug that lasted only for a short moment, as he was glad to see that both Jadlin and Black were here tonight. There were others he definitely wanted to see here too, though he figured they were all probably busy with other important things anyways. "Jad boy, go ahead an' 'ave a seat somewhere. We'll git t' talkin' shyke when everyone's settled in an' eatin." He assured the younger brother with a nod to follow, as it was quite clear that he would be occupied getting the guests settled in for a few chimes.

When this had finished Jadlin already had his plate of food ready, therefore it wasn't long until he took a seat while Ricky took accounted for all those that had shown. Algol had retreated to his room for the night, Duluute and Black were here, Jadlin was also here, then there were two other guests he'd yet to even welcome. Yet when he'd started to move towards them, Black seemed to hurry past as though she were in need of air or something. While Ricky had watched her walk out in haste he hadn't the slightest inclination as to why this was the case, therefore he became practically clueless that Telion had already stood up and brought Martin over to him. "Here, hold him for a bit. I'll check on Black t' see if she's fine." There was a moment of curiosity but the gentle smile that remained unchanged in her expression showed she knew what she was doing, therefore Ricky took Martin in his arms with a soft kiss planted on her forehead before she went onward.

"Well ain't dis turnin' int' a festive mood." He jested to himself as he approached the two, one looked to be a sailor that he'd yet to meet and the other a woman that slipped in earlier while he was distracted. "Greetings! Good t' see anot'er pair o' faces 'ere, please enjoy yer selves an' feel free t' grab a plate while yer at it." He encouraged as he wasn't aware who the man was at first, he hadn't paid close attention to realize that it could've very well been the Lord of Council himself. When he did realize who the man was though, hairs raised on the back of his neck as he forced his friendly smile to remain present. "Didn't expect ya t' show up Igno, what wit' ya bein' busy an' all." He wouldn't keep the two busy for long seeing as how it was only to be a proper welcome, by the time that was done he should be off to make his rounds and see to it the food is up to everyone's liking in terms of taste. For what good was a party when the food didn't leave a proper reputation to boot.

Telion would catch up with Black in the event of all this as the contents within her stomach heaved, gentle hands rubbed the woman's back in a proper manner for comfort once the thief seemed a bit better. "Feelin any better?" She asked in a polite manner of tone, her expression a sincere one as she waited to see if Black felt alright.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

The First Year

Postby Jadlin Hayes on December 9th, 2014, 8:14 am

Jadlin Hayes

Jad was glad to see that people were enjoying the salads and the eggs the woman at the Market had made for him. His attention had been pulled this way and that for the last several chimes. Ricky pulling him into a brotherly embrace, promising to get into some talk later. 'Probably wants to experiment further on shielding.' Jad reasoned, not opposed to the idea either himself.

Then the big ape man. A "Jomoona", or something like that, he'd heard someone say. He wondered how he'd missed the presence of such a memorable tenant up until now, but figured his inconsistent work schedule served as at least a partial explanation of that. But he'd seemed a decent enough fellow. Martin was certainly amazed at the guy, there was no mistaking that. He was still frequently leaning in the direction the Jomoona had gone, pointing and making adorable sounds. One time it was "Bee, bee!", probably trying to say "big", and other times it was like an "Ooop, ooop." with his head tilted down, like he was trying to mimic the extremely low voice wih which the big guy had spoken.

Jad decided suddenly that the obvious success of the food was the cue that he best load his own plate, before it started to disappear. By the time he turned and sat back down with a plate of his own, Ricky had replaced his wife as guardian of the boy of honor. Then he noticed Black was gone. The combined absence of the two women had all the earmarks of private girl talk, something he did not feel terribly compelled to join in.

There was still another woman present; a dark haired woman, with strikingly large, deep eyes, dressed in enough black accessories to make the colors brighter. She seemed to have taken notice of the food, but appeared hesitant to help herself. Jad was just getting to his feet to let her know she was welcome to enjoy the fare, when a cloaked official suddenly became prominently visible and started talking to her. There was a sailor standing with them that seemed to survey the room protectively.

Ricky now beat him to the duty of welcoming committee, spoke briefly to the newly arrived trio, and then took his leave. 'Probably to go find his wife. Maybe he'll bring Black back with her.' Jad thought to himself. He thought the girls were probably enjoying themselves just fine, without the 'manfolk' getting underfoot, although in a few chimes he might also have gone off to see what they doing.

He wanted to see Black. It made him feel good to see her grow at ease when he was with her. Now that her burn was common knowledge between them, he'd been expecting to see her lighten up. And she had. But just in the last few days, she'd seemed to be suffering some sort of nervous indigestion or something.

At any rate, he arrived to stand beside the woman and the two men, finding the official look to remind him of unpleasant experiences he'd already been through here. He shook it off though, wondering now if this man was the reason Black had hurried out. He heard the man say something about it being a pity he couldn't eat any of the food, followed up by a friendly inquiry about the goal of her visit. Jad stepped in, "Well you are both welcome for both the food AND Martin!" he invited cheerfully.

He didn't really know about Nuits, so he didn't understand the man's reference to not being able to eat. But he did not ask about it, figuring it was just small talk. He held his hand out, as the man had done, "Hello and welcome, I am Jad, Jadlin Hayes. I am Ricky's brother, and therefore, Martin's uncle." he gave a brief bow, and swung an arm in the direction of the food-laden sideboard. "Please, help yourselves to some food."

x
Last edited by Jadlin Hayes on January 14th, 2015, 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jadlin Hayes - No Hurries, No Worries...
Jadlin Hayes
A Symphony of Synthesis

Words: 187030
Joined roleplay: May 29th, 2014, 6:15 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

The First Year

Postby Black Onyx on December 11th, 2014, 9:57 am

Black’s form had tensed the moment that she had felt the hand upon her back, but that had been all but forgotten as her stomach heaved again as the hand rubbed her back. It seemed to be trying to comfort her and she wasn’t sure as to whether she was comforted by this action at all. Especially considering that someone was witnessing her within a weak moment, a weak moment that she despised so much. Finally, when it seemed like her stomach was finally settling down, she moved to straighten her form, lifting her right arm to slide along her lips. The whole sickness had puzzled her, for it had only made her queasy until now, why would she be vomiting now? The whole ordeal made her want to go off of food altogether. Slowly, her arm fell back to her side as she looked up at Telion, someone who had followed her out of the Grotto for some reason. She angled her head a little to the side, almost expecting Jadlin to follow her out the door, but after a couple of chimes, he didn’t make an appearance. A sigh of relief fell upon her lips for she didn’t exactly feel like explaining to him that she was sick for some reason. ”I do feel better now, just a little tired.”

Her brown hues returned back to Telion and she wondered again as to why the woman felt inclined to follow Black out. It wasn’t as if they were bound by anything. Jadlin was mostly Ricky’s brother, so Telion didn’t exactly have to look after his brother’s girlfriend. Nor did she have to play nursemaid, so what was the real reason for being out here with her when she could be with her family and friends. She angled her head for a moment as she watched the woman before she looked away, her hand lifting to rub at her stomach once again. Honestly, she was beginning to think that she had the worst of luck of late, as if Jadlin was drawing any luck that she had to himself. Although, if that was the case, Black wouldn’t begrudge him her luck at all, because he was her bondmate and she loved him. That line of thought however, did not give her the reason as to why Telion was here at all, standing beside her, comforting her. She just couldn’t decide as to whether she felt honoured or whether it was just some weird family thing that families did even though she wasn’t really apart of the family at all.

”Well… As interesting as I’m sure that it is to watch someone throw up their guts on the side of the street, why exactly did you follow me out? She shrugged as she diverted her attention away from the woman while she tried to assemble some sort of indifference. Her right hand lifted to slide into the pocket of her pants. ”Your family is inside, probably waiting for you.” Yes, she was attempting to verbally pull away, something that the thief was good at. Pushing people away was what she had done for most of her life. As for the family aspect, she was attempting to pretend that she felt apart of it, but she never really could just blend into it, especially considering that she didn’t know the first thing about family. Except of course, for the fact that they looked out for each other; the lesson that her adoptive father had taught her, other than thieving of course. An adoptive father that had been absent ever since he had been chased out of town by the law, so she had grown up alone. She moved her tongue around her mouth, still tasting the evidence that had just transpired. "Look... I would prefer it if you didn't tell Jadlin about... this. I'm sure it's just a stomach bug or something, it should go away soon."
Last edited by Black Onyx on December 12th, 2014, 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Image Image Image
Active Threads: 3/5
Black Onyx
Sometimes, our scars define us

Words: 175802
Joined roleplay: April 29th, 2014, 11:49 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

The First Year

Postby Altaira Readva on December 11th, 2014, 11:22 pm

Bird Speak | Common | Vani | Others
Her stomach turned and her nose crinkled, the hair on the back of her neck standing on end as a shiver riveted her spine. 'Who, in Dira's name, do you think you are?' A man, it seemed, had seemed to appear from thin air, and the feeling of initial surprise quite quickly sunk to something darker.

His face, his eyes, his words, his smell. It was so, so very wrong. Not just in place or person, but in very existance. She couldn't count on two hands how many nuit scum she'd laid eyes upon in her short life, but none that had seemed so... civil. She couldn't have doubted her judgement any more, but there was something that was sour core to her stomach at the thought that such a room of people would not be so against such a creature in their presence. She pressed her lips and uncurled clenched fists, loosening her jaw as she attempted to tale to a softer expression. 'Civility. Civility. Civility.' The words rolled through her mind like a dear mantra, and her mind flickered from thoughts of weapons and locals and chances and death.

"A sweet gathering for a sweet child, no?" She could do little to hide her venom, and the way her words rolled from her tongue left at least the slightest amount of ambiguity as to the cause for her bitter disdain. 'Is it a habit to appear without warning?- How awfully rude.' She curbed her tongue as insult bit at her lips, not a fool herself to go about not noticing the uniform to which he wore, or the quickness of his gaze. Not a man to trust, nor one to trifle with.

A the mention of the man's bitter disappointment at being barred the indulgence of food and treat, the kelvic had to press strong her will not to act without thought. Instinct, it seemed, would one day be her downfall. That, she supposed, or her saving grace. In a moment more, the conversation turned sharply on herself, and her gaze narrowed as she slunk deeper into hatred for the 'man'.

With folded arms and tense form, she continued the conversation to the best of her capabilities, choosing not to worry at present as to how the being before her seemed so well connected. "Nor I've met you- My name is Altaira," she gave a pause as she took breath, admittedly a tick longer than she needed, as her mind geared towards the next phase of attack. "And it is indeed the food I've come for- though I tend not to turn down any chance of social interaction."

She wished for an end to the torture of speaking to the man with no room for action - there was no way to gauge his strength nor cause. Though ghosts were quite well and fine if left when they were not volatile for long periods of time, nuits, depending on intent, should be ridden of at the earliest possibility. She hovered and pressed her lips, before her gaze caught sight of yet another man tending towards them, and she felt her rile as though caught in a corner.

A wave of ease quite quickly followed, and a small smile curved the kelvic's lips as she nodded at the man who greeted them, dissolving into utter liquid delight in seeing that the dear child had been brought with. He seemed, by all accounts, far more personable and a dozen times more human than the blighted being with whom she felt herself trapped in conversation. It was then, however, that it turned to a different tune, and the woman found her jaw clench and release as the man made polite small talk with the rot that infested the room. It was with a keen look that she continued to regard the man, working through the words said and making best of what she could of the nuit's reply. If she wished to rid the world of him, then she'd better learn what she could.

Another man shortly joined, once more greeting and an invitation to food and drink, and she allowed her smile to widen if only on the grounds of curtesy - she quite very well felt as though slinking out unnoticed was quite simply an impossible task. Oh, how she loved impossible tasks.

"A pleasure," she nodded, a short expression pulled at the child - Martin, as he was seemed to be called - and followed suit with her own introduction. It was difficult to act proper when so torn, with one part wishing to destroy one guest, and coo over another. "And my name is Altaira- before proper manners slip my own mind." It was always strange, the way that social interactions took to her; words once chopped and unrefined seemed to flourish with far greater ease in welcoming company.
Altaira Readva
I can wait.

Words: 279063
Joined roleplay: October 22nd, 2013, 6:39 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

PreviousNext