Show the Way Little Pink Shells (Flashback Alice & Satu)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Home of the Konti people, this ivory city is built of native konti stone half in and half out of the sea. Its borders touch the Silverwood, and stretch upwards towards Silver Lake, home of the infamous konti vision water. [Lore]

Postby Satu on October 26th, 2010, 3:03 pm

10th Day of Summer, 507 A.V.

It was a strange thing. How many times had the shells been tossed? How many times had her young hands let the small things roll from her fingertips? The familiar smoothness announced changes and patterns; connections for those that practiced the art of fortunetelling. But now, there was a difference. Over the past week, Satu felt herself back at the very beginning, struggling to find meaning or lost connections in the small shells, but they were stubbornly reluctant to make their secrets known.

That night she had slept fitfully, with dark dreams of strange and violent peoples. When she woke amid tangled sheets of silkiness, it was to a heavy fog in her mind, and the images of her nightmares went unremembered. Though apprehension filled her, the morning sun shone happily through the tall, thin windows and warmed her skin, while soft, yellow pillows surrounded her. The unknown troubles of the shells retreated in the wake of these comforts and the glint of the sun’s rays upon her scales. The Konti stretched luxuriously in the awaking morning and rolled onto her side towards the open window. Small petaled flowers sat in window boxes on the white, neighboring building and Satu smiled and yawned. Slowly she allowed her body to stretch, and unfold into its full length. Relishing the waking morning, the HeartSeer pushed the remaining uneasiness of nightmares away from her, though she could not seem to shake the sleepiness that tugged at her limbs. Stretching her arms out wide, she opened them to the day and her elbow grazed against the soft, velvety pouch holding her shells. Slowly her scaled hand drew it towards her along the sheets as she pushed herself to sitting, and folded her long legs beneath her. The satin-like gown slid down a pale shoulder as she opened the drawstring pouch. Upending it into her waiting palms, Satu let the multicolored, but predominantly pink shells tumble out. Her gaze rested lightly upon the treasure lying cool in her hands and her fingers traced over the opening ridges. Satu as always was reminded of the sea, and of her Grandmother.

Today, was a new day, and so pretty of a morning! Determined to try again, Satu was convinced this was the day the frustrating vagueness of the disturbing future would end. The shells would show her direction, or at least a simplified answer. Did she truly want to know their secrets? She thought so. Was it not easier than being weighted down by unknowns? Smoothing out a working area on the sleeping pallet, Satu then brought the shells to her Heart and held them, lovingly against the warmth of the powerful Vessel. Closing her eyes, she whispered, “Help me to see that darkness only hinted at... What does the future hide from me?” With open Heart, she meditated upon the question, letting it fill her mind and her being. Letting the words become her mantra, she asked over and again before she let the shells go. Tumbling down onto the pallet one by one they rolled where they would. Her eyes followed as some landed with ridges open and up, while others were closed with ridges down. A few landed together, with others distant and alone. A little “Oh!” sounded in the sleeping room, as tears spontaneously appeared in the young HeartSeer’s eyes. While this reading was much clearer than the readings of the previous week, it was not nearly enough information to understand. So much was still unknown! And what did it mean? Satu gazed at the shells again and softly touched a delicate fingertip to each smooth surface one by one as she studied them…

Travel and Conflict. And Confusion. Death. Lots of Death. And Heartbreak. And groups of people… large groups. Though she could not make out what kinds of people they were... And loss, and loss, and loss.

Laviku’s salty tears became too much to hold and they spilled over to run down her cheeks. A spontaneous prayer to Avalis !crossed her lips, “Oh! Mother Avalis, help me to see!” Her Heart ached and pleaded to know Her Will. “What is your plan for me?” All Satu wished, was to do well and right, and please Avalis! She wanted so badly to be good. And if she was honest, she also desired to stay in Mura forever, but Satu could find nothing of these things in the reading of the pink shells. Distraught, Satu threw herself onto her pillows as sobs racked her body and the shells rolled out of place upon the bed.

Though inland far we be,
Our souls have sight of that immortal sea
Which brought us hither.
~William Wordsworth, Intimations of Immortality

Signature Credit goes to:
archistock.deviantart.com
jurgita.com
catskullcollector.deviantart.com
and the ever lovely and helpful Hex for putting it all together!
Satu
Flower of the Sea

Words: 296249
Joined roleplay: September 13th, 2009, 3:34 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Trailblazer (1)
GP's Angels (1)

Postby Alice on October 29th, 2010, 4:52 pm

Moderator Plot Notes

As every Konti knew, the shells or bones or whatever one used for fortune telling never lied. The future was created within every new moment, and the will of the Gods as well as a bit of luck – or bad luck in Satu’s case – and coincidence. No mortal creature could interfere with the divine plan, so they said, but few knew that it was actually their behavior that shaped what they were to become in the near future. For the Gods only existed to keep the organic apparatus called Mizahar going and watch its inhabitants and prevent them from reaching for the stars, becoming godlike themselves and losing their mind in the process. Of course, even the Gods made mistakes every now and then. The one, now residing in the Ukalas, and the other one, kept in chains forever, would forever remind the others of that particular failure.

However, what the shells told the young HeartSeer meant that her future had already been decided, either by some decision she had made herself or by divine intervention, a grand plan of someone else she couldn’t argue with. Of course, Satu didn’t concern herself with logical or “who to blame” questions, as she was far more concerned with balancing the dichotomy residing in her. There were the outward emotions, always influencing her, and then there was she. But with such a big and penetrating bunch of emotional thrash channeled through her gift, it was hard to discern that little thing called Satu. The emotional landscape got slippery every now and then.

Nevertheless the Seer’s Lily on her skin was something that would always define who Satu was. As she sat and cleared her mind of everything except her call to the All-Seeing Mother, she could already feel that sacred silence stretched out inside her. As she slipped into the trance-like state of meditation, she felt that at least her mind and her voice touched the Ukalas for the brief moment she spoke the name of her Goddess. Spoken words held power, created truth and reality – and Avalis heard the call of Her daughter, recognized its core of confusion and sadness and came to answer.

Not immediately, though.

Faint whispers reached Satu’s ears, as if the connection to the divine realm was distracted. She could discern single words, phrases and the soothing tone of a female voice, but everything sounded somehow distant and detached. And suddenly even the voice was gone and the memory of the words spoken.

Satu was alone once more.

However, she would feel an overwhelming exhaustion and desire to sleep soon enough … With all those emotions penetrating her mind, even distracting her sleep and influencing her dreams, it was pretty justified for Satu to need more rest than others. No matter when she decided to return to bed, she would fall asleep almost instantly.

The dream coming to her that night was entirely different from the horrors of the previous night. Satu found herself in a small meadow, surrounded by the peaceful scenery of blooming flowers, pleasant fragrances, butterflies of vibrant colors and other sounds and sights typical for a forest. With one exception: Grass, trees and leaves were purely white. Of course, this didn’t strike Satu as odd, since the forest near Mura was exactly the same and the entire city was more or less bathed in white all year long.

If Satu moved, she would detect another person, a person she recognized. A slender, tall figure moving with the grace of self-confidence, white and silver curls flowing down her back, a look without expression on angular features, with steely blue eyes: Mura’s Matriarch and Champion of Avalis, the only one four times marked by Her, V’nessi Ulvalin. When it was sure that she had Satu’s attention, she would take a few steps forward and speak, but the sound of her voice and the expression on her face weren’t like V’nessi at all. Instead of the determined, sometimes harsh tone, her voice was soft like silk and caring, and instead of the stern expression V’nessi usually wore a smile seemed to light the entire meadow.

The Mother spoke to her child: “You have called, so I am here.”

She originally wanted Satu to formulate her question once again, but then something else seemed to come to her mind. Shaking Her head lightly, Avalis added: “I was … distracted when you first called. Perhaps I should look after my children better, but there are so many of them that it is easy to lose focus. But I am here for you now.” A light chuckle had escaped the narrow lips, but then She watched Satu, and Satu only. This was the time for the Konti to speak up and share her concern with someone who would listen with eternal patience and graciousness.
Mura ... Starting Guide ... Konti

"Shard by shard she rearranges the world.
It looks the same, she says, but it is not. It looks as they expect, but it is not."

Gregory Maguire, "Wicked"
Alice
Shade of Grey

Words: 221259
Joined roleplay: October 17th, 2009, 4:51 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Satu on November 7th, 2010, 3:10 am

Contact... A touch from elsewhere. Distant words and half heard phrases brushed Satu’s awareness. Nestled in a meditative state, her mind grasped outwards. Ever reaching toward her goddess, the Konti yearned for the soothing voice that offered unparalleled compassion. But as much as she willed it, the Konti could not retain contact with the divine. The voice retreated, and pulled away from her in its sweetness and she was alone again in meditation. Alone, Satu’s Heart dropped. She had felt her, even if only for the briefest moment! The Konti knew she must try again. Settling once more into her cross-legged position on the bed, the HeartSeer worked to free her mind from hopefulness and desire. Anything to touch the divine once more! Her breathing stilled, and her thoughts fell away as she opened her mind and Heart to Avalis. Stillness filled her, but she felt nothing more than the silence. Try as she might, she could not reach any further.

Refusing to give up, Satu continued to sit in the comfortable silence and- yawned. Her body sunk further into the bed cushions and her posture became sloppy. It was impossible to ignore the pull of sleep through the act of meditation. Her head bobbed forward, half asleep and Satu jerked it back up. But it was only a moment before her head dropped again. Grogginess made her limbs heavy, and it was hard to concentrate. So easily did her mind wander. Softly and comfortably she settled back down into the warm sheets. Only for a minute, she sleepily told herself, only a brief respite then she would continue. Heaviness settled over her muscles as soon as her head rested on the pillow and Satu succumbed to weariness. Letting go of awareness, Satu drifted away from the daily emotional overload that had taken a toll on her psyche. She slept then, the deep sleep of the exhausted.

A dream, flower filled and sweet encompassed her while colorful butterflies flitted about in the perfumed air. Joy leapt in her heart as V’ness Ulvalin, the Matriarch surprised her! Satu was humbled, for even in a dream her Konti heritage was strong and understood on some primitive level that this was more than a figment, a mere dream. The woman’s smile brightened the world and Satu’s Heart with it. Oh wonders! Tears came, even within the dream. Avalis! Satu sunk to her knees her hands clasped together. Joy radiated from her face covering the Konti’s confusion and sorrow.

She closed her eyes, “I cannot see the way. The path is dark and filled with sorrow upon sorrows. I would do as you wished, but I am blind and lost to your will.” Even confused, Satu spoke confidently of her shortcomings. “What would you have me do? Or be? The way is greyly hidden, and the shells do not show me a road…”

Though inland far we be,
Which brought us hither.

jurgita.com
Satu
Flower of the Sea

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
GP's Angels (1)

Postby Alice on December 29th, 2010, 6:58 pm

Just like the Seer she was, Avalis felt the joy and relief of her mortal daughter. Eyes closed too, She let the emotions wash over Her like Laviku’s waves. Such an emotional child had asked for Her! Facing each other and reflecting each other’s emotions, they were like two mirrors for a few moments. Then Satu’s words replaced the raw emotion radiating from her slender frame and attracted the Goddess’ full attention.

And although she had turned into a lost and confused child over the years, although she yearned with every word and every movement of her eyes under closed lids, she still revealed her concerns with such self-confidence. Even though she didn’t realize it, Satu was stronger than most Konti. Her gift was a blessing and a burden at the same time, just as it made her weaker and stronger at the same time. Maybe she hadn’t realized it yet. Maybe she had been too comfortable at Konti Isle, surrounded, cushioned by sensitivity and empathy. No, Satu had been lucky so far. Avalis, ruling a very special domain, had a vague idea of what this particular child might still face in her long life.

The Goddess saw the future, saw the child kneeling before Her and saw her inside at the same time, layers upon layers making up Her perception. To Her, there was never a dark path, never hopelessness. Never. So She approached Satu with a few steps, lifted her up with a gentle gesture of Her – V’nessi’s – pale hand. “Your situation is not desperate. Do you notice? Even here you do not speak of despair. Not yet?” It was a question as much as it was a musing, aimless perhaps.

“Let us sit and talk for a while”, She invited Her child. Sitting down in the soft grass, with fragrances floating around Her, Avalis locked gazes with Satu. Ocean blue eyes were dancing with white ones, or were they opalescent, a mixture of azures, pinks and greens? The color would be lost to every mortal as soon as they awoke from sleep.

Then Her voice, like cinnamon, the noise of the tides and crystal-clear winter sunrises, yet nothing of all that, said: “You cannot see the way ... But the way is right in front of you. There always is a way, my child. Believe me, there always is. Only because you do not see it, that doesn’t mean you cannot be saved anymore. There always is hope, and if you dig deep enough, you will find it inside you.”

Suddenly She sighed, possibly surprised by Her own words or out of sadness. “I understand that you are more desperate than others, Satu. You are a special child, blessed with a special gift. Please, do not think I chose that gift for you because I wanted to make your life more difficult. Instead I wanted you to be strong. Your path is lined with sharp edges and forks, but you carry the potential to be strong enough to overcome all those obstacles. Both self-confident and humble ... It is true that the conflict inside you makes things difficult sometimes, but it often lightens situations as well.”

Once again She sighed, this time with a slight smile. “Perhaps I am more honest here than I should be. I love my children. Because I love you like a mother, I cannot tell you what to do though. Your destiny is in your hands. Your future is not written in your Chavi yet. You can always make a radical and total change. Knowing that is important.” After a short pause, she thoughtfully continued: “But the way it is now, how you are now ... There will be a serious crisis. You will be influenced by ... Even now, you already are ... But maybe I am wrong, too concerned. While I’m a Goddess, I have no control over what other Deities plan and do.” She had briefly looked away, releasing that cryptic speech into thin air, but now she faced Satu again. “All I can safely say is that you can always make a difference. Do what you want.” She laughed, a lilting sound like bells ringing. “It’s as easy as that. Your Heart will know what to do.”

Serious again, She concluded with a question: “Do you have any more questions, my child? I will help you as well as I can. I do not want to lose you to darkness.” Warmth radiated from Her words, the warmth and light of the All-Seeing Mother-Goddess. It felt like an ocean of positive energy.

It looks the same, she says, but it is not. It looks as they expect, but it is not."

Alice
Shade of Grey

Office
Scrapbook
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Satu on January 9th, 2011, 6:29 am

Satu felt connected to Avalis in a way that she had never felt with anyone ever before. They were linked, their currents similar in this moment in dream time. And the goddess knew her Heart! She knew! As she looked through the young Konti, Satu felt herself exposed, but she opened herself up, willing to share everything she was and everything she hoped to be. Avalis told her she was not desperate while beckoning her to sit in the grass. The HeartSeer perked up immediately, as Avalis locked eyes with Satu. The Konti watched as the colours changed and merged beautifully, like a dream within them. “Oh Mother! I would not change your gift for the world!” Satu declared, for she wanted her to know she was grateful for this special gift, she would never wish for a different one! Though she knew the goddess was most certainly already aware of everything she felt.

Satu blinked. “Do I truly need to be saved then? Is there that in my path? Am I so lost?” she asked. But Avalis continued, the way is right in front of you… and there is always hope. “My destiny is not yet decided,” Satu mused. “But how will I know what to change? Is there a sign or signal? How will I know?” And on some deep, subconscious level Satu knew she would not know. Picking up a small, white flower the young Konti lifted it to inhale its soothing fragrance, and she looked up suddenly, “But who goddess? Who is it that influences me? I do not feel them… or know them.” A look of fear passed her soft features, “There are none but you and Laviku in my Heart.” And this was true; thoughts of them filled her days. But another god? Satu could not see it, but trusting Avalis as she did left no room to question or doubt the sincerity of her words.

You can always make a difference! Do what you want, she told the HeartSeer and Satu rejoiced at the news! “I don’t want to be lost! I want to stay with you, Mother!” She said in adoration. “I will call upon you! I will!” And she felt Avalis’ energy fill her, and its warmth consoled the turmoil within. It was like breathing in truth, all would be well, Satu knew now.

Though inland far we be,
Which brought us hither.

jurgita.com
Satu
Flower of the Sea

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
GP's Angels (1)

Postby Alice on February 23rd, 2011, 8:55 pm

Avalis let the questions linger for a while, let them escape into the air and get lost in the clearing. Then She smiled and said, with a hint of bitterness: “The future is a mere opportunity. Every new decision that is made changes the visions we receive. The endless pattern that makes up the Chavena is complex and ever-changing. Even now, as we sit here and talk, countless decisions are made all over Mizahar and countless Chavis change. A seer can only perceive what will be if the person sticks to their decision. It is vague ... but that also means that there are no prophecies that can’t be changed.” She chuckled a bit, amused by the thought of Her children, albeit in a caring and motherly way. The Konti were neither greedy nor overly self-confident, having been blessed with a temper suited for visions, but the knowledge still weighed heavily on their minds. It was heavier on some, and not so heavy on others. Whether there was a pattern, a purpose behind the coincidence; that was for no mortal to know.

“So what does that mean? You tell me, Satu.” It was probably the first actual question directed towards the HeartSeer. She could feel that the Goddess was focused on her now, and only on her. Trying to see into the Mother’s Heart, however, would result in a whirlwind of powerful emotions. Gods were neither mortal nor undead ... What happened in their minds and hearts was too grand for mortals to understand or perceive.

Who? She sure was curious, seizing the chance to gather information as much as she could. But Avalis hadn’t come to take a look into the future. Instead, She tried to tell Satu that she should live in the present. “Who? It doesn’t matter, not yet. You do not know them, but they will cross your path and you will have to make a decision. How you decide, that’s in your hands. No matter how the situation might be like, it’s your own free choice.” There She seemed to hesitate, Her gaze wandering away, but then fixing on Satu again. Opalescent eyes, so intense. When the Konti mentioned Her and Laviku, a brief smile danced around Her lips. Strange, how a God could make the body of a mortal look totally different. V’nessi seemed gone, put to sleep in the recesses of her own mind maybe. But Avalis was wide awake.

A warning had to be delivered. No matter free choice, a little pushing always was more beneficial than not. Plus, Satu’s future would most likely need it.

“Good”, She said. The Konti’s faith strengthened her. Every prayer made her smile. Every warm feeling moved Her heart. Then She leaned forward and touched Satu’s hand, clasping it with both of her own. It felt familiar, yet so much more than that. “However, it is crucial that you never forget what I told you today. It is important that you remember. Your faith and your gift are your strengths. When you face a dead end, do not forget! Do you understand?”

She came even closer, Her smooth features filling Satu’s vision. “Promise it.” The Konti would probably find Her sudden worry confusing, a little alarming even. If even a Goddess was concerned, what would that mean for her as a mortal, after all? On the other hand, not even Avalis knew the future if Her words had been the truth. In the end, nobody told Satu what to believe.

Alice
Shade of Grey

Office
Scrapbook
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Satu on March 26th, 2011, 2:34 am

Prophecies could be changed! Satu closed her eyes as relief washed over her. “Oh thank goodness! Thank goodness!” She had been so worried by the lay of the shells in her divination attempts. They had been dark readings. That much was obvious, but now Avalis spoke of Prophecies and her innocent mind began to wonder just what lay in store for her that she could not see. “Am I involved in a prophecy then?” she wondered aloud, looking to her goddess. The new question lay on her lips, she could taste its heavy words as Avalis continued.

The voice was that of a goddess and magical, and the Konti just had to listen. Her HeartSense threatened to burst with the overwhelming colours and feelings of her deity. There was so much to process, too much for a mortal mind. It was impossible to focus upon it as Avalis looked upon her, waiting for an answer. “It means…” Satu had to try to think once more. “It means that there is always hope.” Her smile was radiant, so much trust did she have. “And that all is not lost.” And. That she would be okay, no matter what transpired. But little could she imagine the dark path that was laid out before her.

V’nessi reached out to hold her hand, but it was the goddess’ touch that she felt. So sweetly did her skin feel with Avalis’ fingers upon her, that she closed her eyes in Joy. “I won’t forget,” Satu assured her. Faith! She had that, a great amount of it; never could she imagine losing it. And the Gifts, they were her life and such a grand part of her world that she would be empty without them. “I could never forget!” She said, shaking her white locks. But Avalis seemed concerned, as she neared. And while she was overcome with the goddess’ presence, Satu did not understand… hadn’t she previously said that nothing was unchangeable? “I… I promise…” she said in a low voice. Avalis’ support meant the world to Satu, but still her mind was filled with so many more questions.

Though inland far we be,
Which brought us hither.

jurgita.com
Satu
Flower of the Sea

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
GP's Angels (1)

Postby Alice on May 3rd, 2011, 7:19 pm

Upon seeing Her daughter’s great enthusiasm, the Goddess burst into pearling laughter. It was filled with warmth and care for Satu, a child She really loved and liked to cherish and protect as much as she could. That also meant, however, that the child didn’t have to worry about anything. She gently shook her head. “There are signs of your future, my dear, but it’d spoil everything if I told you everything, don’t you think so?” Again She smiled.

Even while speaking with a mortal, She didn’t cease to be of divine nature. She saw that it was important to Satu, and understood to a certain degree, but at the same time She was slightly detached. As Her domain was the future and visions, She knew that there was still enough time to keep this particular child from the dark. Her fingers rested on Satu’s skin a little longer before She drew them away. The promise had been made. As soon as the words had been spoken, another affirmation had been created, another wall of defense from the things that would happen. Avalis didn’t tell Satu, but as a Goddess She was pretty sure.

“I see there are many more questions in your mind”, Avalis said. The young Konti could feel her mother’s openness, Her willingness to end the search for consolation and give it to her. She sensed that a bond of emotions connected them, and that it was easily controlled by the Goddess. “There is doubt in you, am I right? Are you still afraid?” Her words said that She knew of her daughter’s emotional nature. If Satu could be consoled, it would be through pure and positive emotion and not through explanation and reason.

“There is something I can give to you, if it’d help you”, She added thoughtfully. For a moment or two Her eyes slipped of Satu and her hands disappeared in a pocket of her dress. There it stayed, waiting for the Konti’s reaction or just for the right moment. Probably She was contemplating the decision, feeling up the Chavena for consequences and probabilities.

OOCIf there's nothing else you wanted to do or ask, let's end it in the next round of posting, okay?

Alice
Shade of Grey

Office
Scrapbook
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Satu on May 15th, 2011, 5:02 am

The goddess’ calm words flowed over Satu. Avalis was right; she did not need to know everything… the future was magical and would come upon her as the Chavi moved in its own, illustrious way. The Konti closed her eyes briefly in relief, and shook her pretty head. No, she did not need to know…

Satu wanted Avalis’ divine touch never to lift from where it rested upon her thinly muscled arm. It infused her with a sweetness that made the world and the unknown future not so frightening. The HeartSeer was filled with endless queries, but still she answered honestly, “There is still doubt. And uncertainty also, but I do not fear the unknown, Mother. I am afraid no longer...” The change could be seen in her face, as the tightness released, and love-filled awe shown in her eyes and throughout her expression.

Avalis’ laugh was magical, like a soothing blanket laid upon Satu’s tattered nerves. Trust washed over her, and again she understood that she need not know everything. The world was alright. And even if it would not remain alright for long, the goddess would always be with her, in her very Heart. “Oh? Please Mother!” Satu said excitedly, as her sapphire eyes followed Avalis’ hand into the pocket, and she added graciously, “Anything you have to give that would help me upon this path would be an honour for me to accept!” The HeartSeer dropped to her knees, as the overwhelming presence and compassion of the goddess continued to touch her.

OOCthat's totally fine my dear! :)

Though inland far we be,
Which brought us hither.

jurgita.com
Satu
Flower of the Sea

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
GP's Angels (1)

Postby Alice on May 29th, 2011, 5:26 pm

ImageWhen Satu admitted that she wasn’t afraid anymore, Avalis nodded. That was what She had tried to achieve, why She had graced Her child with Her presence and a conversation. Satu had been desperate, far too bothered by the signs she read into the shells, and that was not the purpose of fortune telling. Catching a glimpse at the future should reassure and relax, but never cause worry and spread chaos. Such was not the nature of the cards... or shells or vision water. She thought that Satu had realized that at last, so there was not much left to do for her.

The Konti’s eagerness when she was offered a gift amused the Goddess. A smile lit up V’nessi’s sharp features. The hand moved inside the pocket, and produced a small round pendant with a golden necklace falling out behind. She opened Her hand and offered it to the Konti. It looked like some sort of amulet, although it couldn’t have been made from mortal hands. Enclosed in transparent glass were petals of a deep blue color, as blue as the ocean and as blue as Satu’s own eyes. Embracing the petals at the surface of the glass was a tiny mat of what looked like green grass, but its texture was as smooth as the glass itself. Probably it was caught between the glass and the petals.

Once again, Avalis’ gaze was fixed on Satu’s. “Keep this as a gift and a reminder from me, your Mother. Even when all hope is lost, I am still your Mother, my child. But if you abandon what is most important... if you cross the line, you will know it through the amulet. Now go and be strong.”

Then Avalis leaned forward and Her lips briefly touched the Konti’s forehead. Another gift. She was surely making an effort to keep Satu safe and sane. But then, it would be hard to keep this particular child near Her, and She knew it.

Satu, however, didn’t notice anything of the Goddess’ thoughts. Instead she felt her eyelids grow heavy and tiredness dragging her limbs towards the ground. In the high grass she’d close her eyes and sleep, and in her bed in Mura she’d awake. The necklace with the strange amulet was still lying in her hands, as if it continued to whisper Avalis’ message to her. A reminder, She had said.

Of what?

Satu

Experience: 2 Fortune Telling, 1 Interrogation
Lores: Wishing to be Good, The Ability to Change One’s Destiny, Faith in Avalis, The Promise to Remember
Other: Golden Necklace with Glass Pendant

Comments

Thank you for this thread! I’m afraid there isn’t much I could offer to you, and I’m sorry for the delays, but I still hope it has been fun. Also, I have updated your SS with the item you received.

Alice
Shade of Grey

Office
Scrapbook
Trailblazer (1)