New Book I Co-authored (Overhauled and renamed)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to place any off topic chatter, thread games, etc here.

Postby Akilia Dosert on April 6th, 2015, 2:19 am

The Dark Realm

Hi everyone, how are you doing?

My brother and I are self-published authors carving a niche out for ourselves in the vastness that is the internet. Our novel, The Dark Realm, previously known as The Logic until we rewrote it in thrid person and expanded it; is a blend of Science Fiction, Fantasy and Romance with the setting taking place in a mirroring dimension from our own. Directed towards a young adult to new adult audience, the novel's fast paced, jam packed with action, strong characters and magic with a realistic spin. It is 67,000 words rounding up and 222 pages by Amazon's estimate and 269 pages by Smashwords'.

Its $.99 and can be found both on Amazon and Smashwords.

Here's the book summary: Alex Mulholland, a college freshman, brazenly arrogant, self-confident and cocky, who launched into the back end of a semi-truck and into sand, is teleported to another dimension. Facing trial and tribulation in a new world, Alex on top of confronting the unknown is introduced to the basics of titus the parallel world's universal energy encompassed in the origins of life itself and controlled by the imagination. It is an ability he must master in order to have a chance of returning to his own dimension and reunite with his fiancé, Krystal.

Along the way he is enrolled by a manipulative sponsor into Corpus Academy an institution prestigious in its specialization of the instruction of titus. There Alex meets Melissa Bellheart, a know it all, upbeat Daniel and callous Katelyn Strata, catty Sierra and Aaron Goethe, a hotheaded genius. A school wrought with drama, saddled with textbooks as basic as its techniques and separated by a leveled social hierarchy with a priority of the strong over the weak, the college for Alex marks the beginning of the end, opening the doors of love and sacrifice, tragedy and loss; of adversity and reality, the unveiled face of life.

(If you happen to read and like it your personal reviews on either site would be greatly appreciated.) Thank you for your time.

* Have questions/comments or want to drop by and say hello? Feel free to post your thoughts. *
~ Be yourself, everyone else is already taken... ~
Akilia Dosert
Mischievous troublesome wolf child

Words: 86165
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2013, 8:56 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Hurik on February 7th, 2017, 2:33 am

Looks like it's worth a read!

All credit goes to the amazing Arisia!
Hurik
Shade of a Silver-Tongued Bastard

Words: 59376
Joined roleplay: January 30th, 2017, 8:47 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Dajiana on May 4th, 2017, 3:39 pm

Amazing! I think it's quite cool when people write their own books. I believe I may read it! (I wish my twin brother and I could make something great like that together! ^^')

Congratulations to the both of you!!
Hello All! Please have patience as I am new to the game and still learning! ^^
I am also quite busy with things too...

Sorry for the inconvenience, and hope you understand!
Dajiana
Player

Words: 1872
Joined roleplay: April 17th, 2017, 4:51 pm
Race: Chaktawe
Character sheet